Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,772 members, 7,809,980 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:09 PM

Have You Ever Slept Off While Driving? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Have You Ever Slept Off While Driving? (12229 Views)

How To Handle A Tyre Burst While Driving At Top Speed (Photos) / Trailer Loses Tyre While Driving On Lagos Road This Morning / When You Hit Or Kill Someone While Driving: What's The Right Thing To Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have You Ever Slept Off While Driving? by chyke27(m): 4:27pm On Feb 08, 2013
Is it true the Third Mainland Bridge is collapsing? Hope the government do something fast about it and the saga isn't permitted to become another disaster.

I'll never forget the period, three years ago when I went to work via that bridge every morning. I practically slept on the steering wheel due to insufficient sleep. Got home between 10 and 11pm and off to work the following morning at 5am. Can't help wondering how many folks sleep while driving that bridge. Hope the Road Safety Commission knows about this.

Anyway, Just want to thank you Lord that I'm still here, in any case, the life of every living creature is in Your hands. Once more, thank You Lord...

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Slept Off While Driving? by gulfer: 4:43pm On Feb 08, 2013
You did not sleep Cos if you did you won't be here typing on NL. Thank GOD for ur life, most people never live to tell the story; I mean those who slept off.

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Slept Off While Driving? by Connoisseur(m): 10:12pm On Feb 08, 2013
It happened to me this january, had littl or no sleep the night before. On my way home in the evening just a few blocks to the house, all i heard was someone screaming and in the next second came a deafening gbosaa sound. I' d slam ma vehicle right into an oncoming vehicle, luckily for me it wasnt a trailer
Re: Have You Ever Slept Off While Driving? by Fhemmmy: 3:25am On Feb 09, 2013
I dossed off but was just for few seconds . . . . Very dangerous experience

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Slept Off While Driving? by tundesto(m): 8:38am On Feb 09, 2013
It happened to me last year while coming from Redemption Camp along Lagos-Ibadan Express way. We had finished the programme which ran overnight around 4am and started the journey to Ibadan. On our way, I slept off in many occasions and woke up again while on wheel. I rinsed my face with water, it didn't work. I thank God no car was on the way each time.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Slept Off While Driving? by plendil: 10:07pm On Feb 11, 2013
tundesto: It happened to me last year while coming from Redemption Camp along Lagos-Ibadan Express way. We had finished the programme which ran overnight around 4am and started the journey to Ibadan. On our way, I slept off in many occasions] and woke up again while on wheel. I rinsed my face with water, it didn't work. I thank God no car was on the way each time.
Na wa O!!

thankfully I've never experienced it, though I hrd its common with transporters. Lord help us
Re: Have You Ever Slept Off While Driving? by Nobody: 3:16pm On Feb 13, 2013
tundesto: It happened to me last year while coming from Redemption Camp along Lagos-Ibadan Express way. We had finished the programme which ran overnight around 4am and started the journey to Ibadan. On our way, I slept off in many occasions and woke up again while on wheel. I rinsed my face with water, it didn't work. I thank God no car was on the way each time.

Word of advice, whenever you feel sleepy while driving, find somewhere to park and take a nap for at least 1 to 2 hours. Do not risk it. A lot of people have lost their lives. A friend was driving and felt sleepy, he thought he'd just knock it off by blasting his radio. He turned up the volume and the next thing he woke up 4 days later in the hospital. As soon as he turned up the radio, he fell asleep and drove straight into a tree. The car was salvaged. He was lucky. A lot of people werent. I wonder why the FRSC hasn't mandated all highways to be equiped with those "vibrating road alerts/lane change alerts" that is used in the U.S. It's not expensive na. I can't count the number of times this thing has saved me from driving straight off the highway due to tiredness.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Slept Off While Driving? by mosho2good: 8:35pm On Feb 22, 2013
I rememebr wen I was driving and fall asleep and d car drive himself all d way home to my place can u believe it

4 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Slept Off While Driving? by tellwsdom: 8:36pm On Feb 22, 2013
chyke27: Is it true the Third Mainland Bridge is collapsing? Hope the government do something fast about it and the saga isn't permitted to become another disaster.

I'll never forget the period, three years ago when I went to work via that bridge every morning. I practically slept on the steering wheel due to insufficient sleep. Got home between 10 and 11pm and off to work the following morning at 5am. Can't help wondering how many folks sleep while driving that bridge. Hope the Road Safety Commission knows about this.

Anyway, Just want to thank you Lord that I'm still here, in any case, the life of every living creature is in Your hands. Once more, thank You Lord...

Bros, if you get A.C for your house, 4HOURS sleep would be enuff for you....5HRS go even too much for you undecided undecided

You get Car, you no get A.C for house...Are you a driver?? sad

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Slept Off While Driving? by posthidden: 8:36pm On Feb 22, 2013
mosho2good: I rememebr wen I was driving and fall asleep and d car drive himself all d way home to my place can u believe it
The same happened to me. I was scared as shìt.
Re: Have You Ever Slept Off While Driving? by Nobody: 8:37pm On Feb 22, 2013
I don't think that will be possible,especially with the kinda car i ride. A 1922 volkswagen beetle. undecided #noisemakingmachine
Re: Have You Ever Slept Off While Driving? by jhydebaba(m): 8:37pm On Feb 22, 2013
Yes now, I do that daily.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Slept Off While Driving? by ocelot2006(m): 8:38pm On Feb 22, 2013
Yep. And I almost drove head on into a trailer. Head on.
Re: Have You Ever Slept Off While Driving? by ITbomb(m): 8:39pm On Feb 22, 2013
mosho2good: I rememebr wen I was driving and fall asleep and d car drive himself all d way home to my place can u believe it
The OP meant car as in four wheel not keke .
Meanwhile how work today , any passengers for Elelenwo?

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Slept Off While Driving? by Opoki(m): 8:40pm On Feb 22, 2013
Not really but i had at a time dozed off inside a traffic.
Till today,i still don"t knw what happened.
I heard other pples horn blaring, my lil daughter was tapping r to move but i was deep in trance untill one agbero banged the side door, i was so scared to hell.

5 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Slept Off While Driving? by baggylips(m): 8:41pm On Feb 22, 2013
MOFO grin
Re: Have You Ever Slept Off While Driving? by eros(m): 8:42pm On Feb 22, 2013
tundesto: It happened to me last year while coming from Redemption Camp along Lagos-Ibadan Express way. We had finished the programme which ran overnight around 4am and started the journey to Ibadan. On our way, I slept off in many occasions and woke up again while on wheel. I rinsed my face with water, it didn't work. I thank God no car was on the way each time.

I had a similar experience while traveling back to Ibadan from the redemption camp. Slept off for about 20 seconds, vied off the road into the bush part, woke up when a hit a huge stone. It was a scary experience.
Re: Have You Ever Slept Off While Driving? by aieromon(m): 8:43pm On Feb 22, 2013
It has never happened to me on any of my long distance trips. All thanks to rap music blazing!!
Re: Have You Ever Slept Off While Driving? by scopusng(m): 8:43pm On Feb 22, 2013
Yss, way back on my way to Ibadan.My friend who was sitting beside me was the person that saved the situation.Thank God I am still alive to say it.
Re: Have You Ever Slept Off While Driving? by superior1: 8:44pm On Feb 22, 2013
No, I am not mad
Re: Have You Ever Slept Off While Driving? by victorazy(m): 8:45pm On Feb 22, 2013
Especially when is Automatic Gear Changing car
Re: Have You Ever Slept Off While Driving? by jhydebaba(m): 8:46pm On Feb 22, 2013
tellwsdom:

Bros, if you get A.C for your house, 4HOURS sleep would be enuff for you....5HRS go even too much for you undecided undecided

You get Car, you no get A.C for house...Are you a driver?? sad
U be doctor I dey fear this ur recommendation oh cheesy
Re: Have You Ever Slept Off While Driving? by posthidden: 8:46pm On Feb 22, 2013
superior1: No, I am not mad
What a ridiculously stupìd comment. Those who doze off while driving are not mad either; they are just mostly sleep deprived.

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Slept Off While Driving? by chucky234(m): 8:47pm On Feb 22, 2013
Slept off while driving? No way,never as 2hrs of night sleep is always enough for me no matter how late in the morning I retire to bed,I always wake up sound with no sign of dizziness.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Slept Off While Driving? by MMM2(m): 8:48pm On Feb 22, 2013
Just once I waz tipsy dat sunday nite,
I had a serious accident,d car waz badly damage. but I thank GOD nothing happened 2 me
Re: Have You Ever Slept Off While Driving? by sheyee(m): 8:49pm On Feb 22, 2013
I did once while driving my company's hilux with my colleague sitting nxt to me, i drove off the road cos he had already slept and nobody to gist with while still maintaining speed limit of 80km/hr, all wat i heard was the shout of Jesus by my colleague in the middle of the bush, just thank God i survived it, luckily there was a pit like 500m ahead.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Slept Off While Driving? by jhydebaba(m): 8:50pm On Feb 22, 2013
posthidden:
What a ridiculously stupìd comment. Those who doze off while driving are not mad either; they are just mostly sleep deprived.
The bolded explained the reason for the madness tongue if u're sleep deprived and with ur senses, u should know that u're not supposed to drive.

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Slept Off While Driving? by Les: 8:53pm On Feb 22, 2013
Dat's been my greatest fear in driving o, i never get mind travel long distance o.... As young as i'm, i've never brought myself to sleeping less than than 10 hrs a day, anything less than will be simply disastrous to me.... Driving? , hell no.... sleep driving=drunk driving..
Re: Have You Ever Slept Off While Driving? by Rooneyboy(m): 8:53pm On Feb 22, 2013
plendil:
Na wa O!!

thankfully I've never experienced it, though I hrd its common with transporters. Lord help us

I remember vividly , years back when I was on a journey back to lag from youthservice "Kebbi state"

Na so the stupid aboki driver drink ogogoro finish come dey sleep for steering, and na me be dey front with am,

I would have been history if no for God's love.

I was the one that practically drove that car to ibadan that night were we past D night .
Re: Have You Ever Slept Off While Driving? by Nobody: 9:00pm On Feb 22, 2013
it happend 2 me last yr i slept off wen i was coming back 4rm my friend's wedding in imo state and was driving to Anambra bt wat is complicating me is dat i find myself in my haus layin my head in de sterin wen i woke up in the morning.bt i tank god 4 my life shaa because he only knos hw it hapend
Re: Have You Ever Slept Off While Driving? by tellwsdom: 9:02pm On Feb 22, 2013
jhydebaba:
U be doctor I dey fear this ur recommendation oh cheesy

Don't underestimate the power of A.C broda...Im only recommending it to that man who wakes up early to work with all his bones eaten up by hot environs....If he collapse ontop em backseat sef, i no go blame am sad sad
Re: Have You Ever Slept Off While Driving? by calabaman(m): 9:02pm On Feb 22, 2013
Happened †̥☺ ♍ε during ª drive with fellowship bus from uniben yrs ago... After ª tortorous journey from benin when the roads were terrible...then †̥☺ redeemed camp, then †̥☺ mushin, then †̥☺ alaba...☺n my way bck †̥☺ redeemed camp I nodded off for just ª second! Thank God I only touched d culvert and quickly woke up...cud ave been worse! Body dey say no be wood! Try getting adequate rest before U̶̲̥̅̊ go behind the wheel guys...Life NO GET DUPLICATE OOOO

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Mercedes Benz Is Most Googled Car Brand In Nigeria. See That Of Other Countries / Your Top 5 Most Annoying Experiences With Other Road Users / Which Year Has The Best Camry Between 2007-2011

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.