Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,223 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:56 AM

Have You Ever Slept Off While Driving? - Car Talk (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Have You Ever Slept Off While Driving? (12227 Views)

How To Handle A Tyre Burst While Driving At Top Speed (Photos) / Trailer Loses Tyre While Driving On Lagos Road This Morning / When You Hit Or Kill Someone While Driving: What's The Right Thing To Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Slept Off While Driving? by Funjay(m): 11:25am On Mar 12, 2013
tellwsdom:

Don't underestimate the power of A.C broda...Im only recommending it to that man who wakes up early to work with all his bones eaten up by hot environs....If he collapse ontop em backseat sef, i no go blame am sad sad

Bros, u funny ooo, u forgot that we are not all thesame. While some people can sleep for 3/4hrs a day and be ok, others require between 6-9hrs a day.
It also depends on the kind of work you do, how tedious and strenous it is. You equally forgot to take into consideration almight PHCN or is it everybody that will have big generators at home to run the air conditioners

Dupe tie bros, nkan nbe ni 9ija.
Recently witnessed some factory workers working from 7am-8pm everyday (sundays inclusive most times)and the work requires working with the pace of machines for some of them. Best bet is to get public transport to and fro cos if u tried to drive under dt condition in traffic, the kind of coffee that will keep u awake has never been made oooo.
Re: Have You Ever Slept Off While Driving? by stanzo: 6:51pm On Aug 02, 2014
LeJeun3: U go fear long distance na....... grin
Abi ooo...was wondering too grin
Re: Have You Ever Slept Off While Driving? by chidooh1: 6:46pm On Aug 03, 2014
mosho2good: I rememebr wen I was driving and fall asleep and d car drive himself all d way home to my place can u believe it
are you somehow related to basketmouth, laughing so hard here.
Re: Have You Ever Slept Off While Driving? by Nobody: 9:24pm On Feb 13, 2015
Yep, in 2012. Collided with an empty tanker and broke my leg (femur). Also fractured my wrist and temporarily injured my eye. Luckily i was quickly rescued by colleagues and being on duty i had free healthcare and paid 6 months leave (time it took for fractures to heal). The angels were with me. I was very very very lucky.
Re: Have You Ever Slept Off While Driving? by DGD1(m): 10:22am On Feb 14, 2015
my happened 3rd quarter of 2014,
had a programme in Akure n worked all through the night, had to go to akungba akoko to drop some equipments and be in Akure before 10am, my other colleagues couldn't drive.
my girl friend asked me not to go, BT was feeling like a super man, 5 occasions would have had head on collision BT thank God I wake up early enough to correct, those guys were asleep all through.
it was God o

NOTE: pls its beta to b late than to be the late, life is one o, I still regret it till today.
Re: Have You Ever Slept Off While Driving? by abbeYhart(m): 8:49am On Feb 17, 2015
I have never slept while driving since I have been driving for years now but I have been in a friends car who slept while driving.

We were going from Sheffield to London in his car..Left sheffield around 10pm..His aunt visited from Nigeria so she sat down at the passengers seat in front. My friend drove while I sat at the back seat..I had slept several times along the journey, same with his aunt. She too slept off...Luckily when I was awake..I just noticed the car was drifting and we were beginning to leave the road heading towards the kerb.. I looked at the rear view mirror..na him I see say my guy don doze off...I jst gently tapped him and called his name...Na so e wake up and quickly controlled the steering wheel..

He was like na only una sabi sleep abi...We had to branch a petrol/gas station to take a fee walk before we continued the journey.
Re: Have You Ever Slept Off While Driving? by Nobody: 12:47am On Sep 03, 2018
Sorry for bumping this, I just want to relate my own experience.

It was way back in 2006 during my Industrial Training. I had slept well the previous night and drove to work without any issues.

In the afternoon of that particular day, I had eba for lunch...a lot of eba...and headed somewhere a couple of minutes after eating. I was on Apapa-Oshodi expressway when I started feeling drowsy. I increased the radio vol and did everything I could to stay awake but nothing worked.

Car was on around 100km/h when I sighted a tanker about 80m ahead. That was the last thing I saw, and then I fell asleep. As in 'mo ti sun lo'.

What jolted me back to life was the deafening sound of my car hitting one of the middle tyres of that same tanker. One sec earlier or one sec later, and I prolly won't be sitting here typing on Nairaland.

Anyway, although I still struggle with keeping my eba rations low angry, I thank God for saving my life that day. smiley
Re: Have You Ever Slept Off While Driving? by Jakumo(m): 6:50am On Sep 03, 2018
Eating sugary candy will elevate blood sugar and buy a weary driver precious hours of alertness whilst behind the wheel.

If you don't like sugary food, consider the alternative, should you fall fast asleep whilst driving at 60 mph.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lagos Exempts Petrol Tankers, Trucks From Daytime Restriction / Your Top 5 Most Annoying Experiences With Other Road Users / Mercedes Benz Is Most Googled Car Brand In Nigeria. See That Of Other Countries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.