Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,152 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:51 PM

ICC Prosecutor Visits Nigeria - Indicates Interest To Commence Investigation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ICC Prosecutor Visits Nigeria - Indicates Interest To Commence Investigation (18863 Views)

Donald Duke Indicates Interest To Run For President In 2019 / General Bouba Dobekreo Visits Nigeria (Photos) / Mohammad Hamid Ansari Visits Nigeria With His Wife (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

ICC Prosecutor Visits Nigeria - Indicates Interest To Commence Investigation by TkesterA: 12:18am On Apr 14, 2016
The Federal Government on Wednesday pledged commitment to the highest standards of adherence to human rights in the conduct of all her international affairs including counter insurgency operations against Boko Haram in the country.

A statement issued by the Special Adviser, Media and Publicity, Mr Salihu Isah to the Attorney General of the Federation and Minister of Justice Abubakar Malami, SAN, said the minister gave this pledge when he received a delegation from the Office of the Prosecutor, International Criminal Court (ICC) in The Hague, Netherlands, Madame Fatou Bensouda, on Wednesday in Abuja.

The minister assured the delegation that Nigeria had high value for its relationships with the ICC and would unequivocally continue to fulfill its obligations to the Court.

Malami also disclosed that the Nigeria Army had conducted their operations in the North East region of the country in a highly professional manner imbibing with best practices in the areas of international human rights and humanitarian law.

He also revealed that he was aware of the eight case files opened against Nigeria by the ICC which the prosecutor intended to investigate in her next stage of assessment of Nigeria situation.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2016/04/13/fg-reassures-icc-of-commitment-to-upholding-international-standards-in-war-against-terror/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ICC Prosecutor Visits Nigeria - Indicates Interest To Commence Investigation by Luckylife(m): 12:20am On Apr 14, 2016
hmmmmm

4 Likes

Re: ICC Prosecutor Visits Nigeria - Indicates Interest To Commence Investigation by TkesterA: 12:21am On Apr 14, 2016
Things will soon get out of hand. Imagine 8 cases instituted against the FG. Well, what else can one expect from a country lead by a Nepa bill certificate.

Watching in 3D!

83 Likes 4 Shares

Re: ICC Prosecutor Visits Nigeria - Indicates Interest To Commence Investigation by Flexherbal(m): 12:22am On Apr 14, 2016
Hope all is well?
Re: ICC Prosecutor Visits Nigeria - Indicates Interest To Commence Investigation by castrogee(m): 12:44am On Apr 14, 2016
For those who don't know the prosecutor.

Here is a video of her. Buhari has just succeeded in shooting himself on the leg.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYsMn6Y5bag

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: ICC Prosecutor Visits Nigeria - Indicates Interest To Commence Investigation by nnachukz(m): 12:52am On Apr 14, 2016
Jokers, adhering to high professional standard and protecting human right my foot. The Hague woman should not mind that joker. She should investigate Shiites killings, IPOB protesters killings and many others as quick as possible. Somebody needs to be dragged by his testicle to Hague to answer for his sins against humanity.

65 Likes 5 Shares

Re: ICC Prosecutor Visits Nigeria - Indicates Interest To Commence Investigation by cybernaut(m): 12:58am On Apr 14, 2016
am listen,watching and dancing.

4 Likes

Re: ICC Prosecutor Visits Nigeria - Indicates Interest To Commence Investigation by Ikechu12781: 1:02am On Apr 14, 2016
Watching in 3D. Buhari and Burutai or whatever una call una slaves get ready for that jail you wished on GEJ and Ohejirika.

Anyone else notice...everything Buhari and North wished for GEJ reign and attacked him for during the election, are slowing happening in his reign.

If we need more evidenced that Karma is a bitch, we should look no farther

55 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ICC Prosecutor Visits Nigeria - Indicates Interest To Commence Investigation by Nobody: 1:11am On Apr 14, 2016
They shouldn't forget to take "mama peace" along when going back to the Hague.

I even thought she and her "ex president wife" were whom they came for.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ICC Prosecutor Visits Nigeria - Indicates Interest To Commence Investigation by castrogee(m): 4:55am On Apr 14, 2016
nnachukz:
Jokers, adhering to high professional standard and protecting human right my foot. The Hague woman should not mind that joker. She should investigate Shiites killings, IPOB protesters killings and many others as quick as possible. Somebody needs to be dragged by his testicle to Hague to answer for his sins against humanity.

People don't even understand how the ICC works. It is a court that prosecutes crimes that fall within its jurisdiction, crimes such as: Rape, murder, massacre, destruction of a civilian society by any means, etc. They have professional judges. The prosecutor's team will first investigate the case submitted by the plaintiff to ascertain if the case falls within the court's jurisdiction and also to ascertain if the case should go on owing to the fact that some cases may be minor or trivial, like an unintentional killing of a civilian society. For example, if the police in trying to quell a riot accidentally kills people, though the ICC has the jurisdiction over such matter but they may not go on to prosecute the case, because such is the tragedy of our every day lives and in this case ICC will only issue a directive to the relevant organ or authority responsible to be more reasonable in their actions next time to avoid such human casualties.

All these go down during the ICC preliminary investigation, the preliminary investigation is conducted to ascertain if the case can go on to the next level which is now the full investigation of the various evidences rallied by the plaintiff against the defendant, needless to say that at this moment the ICC is almost certain that the case will go on, i.e the prosecutor is almost certain that he is ready to prosecute.

Unfortunately, this is where Nigeria is right now. The coming of the ICC prosecutor, the chief prosecutor for that matter is to signal to the Nigerian authority that the result of there preliminary investigation indicts them (Nigeria), and they will go into full investigation and also to intimate the Nigerian government to be ready for the investigation because certain govt officials will need to be examined. Now, IPOB is claiming to be in possession of forensic evidence against the Nigerian army i.e. evidence that shows that the bullets used against arm-less protesters indeed came from the Nigerian military (and this is scary), coupled with video evidence. This is the reason why the army is sweating to brand IPOB a terror group. But the truth is that you don't just label a group terrorists without strong evidence of their ties to destruction and untamed violence and evidence to show that they have carried out such crimes like ISIS is doing now. For Goodness sake the Nigerian govt should know that they are appearing before a panel of judges, learned and experienced judges for that matter that understand the terrain and they want to present these baseless charges before them?

Predictably, some of us saw this thing coming, and raised alarm, but Buhair being a dullard thought everything about power is fiat. he ordered his COAS to use hyper force on unarmed protesters, because he is buhari, well I wish him good luck. Now IPOB has said they will resume their protests once they get their TV station running, the implication is that this time they could hold the protests for the time they want without harassment because the world is now paying attention. I believe this shouldn't have gotten to this level had Buhari not been reckless with his decision. Over 8 cases have been established against Nigeria in the ICC, I told a friend of mine that the next battle ground in the world is Nigeria. Its unfortunate that it is only in Africa that you see unarmed protesters been shot with such reckless abandon, and yet Africa will claim to be unfairly treated by the west.

101 Likes 18 Shares

Re: ICC Prosecutor Visits Nigeria - Indicates Interest To Commence Investigation by TkesterA: 5:15am On Apr 14, 2016
@ Castrogee,

This is not a case of hyper use of force, but a case of war crimes committed against civilian population. That is what IPOB and Shias are claiming. Hyper use of force would be an application of undue force leading to injuries and destruction of property and not to killings of over 500 civilian population.

All the same I can't wait to see bubu dragged by the balls to face ICC.

40 Likes 5 Shares

Re: ICC Prosecutor Visits Nigeria - Indicates Interest To Commence Investigation by TkesterA: 5:19am On Apr 14, 2016
KINGinVALHALA3:
They shouldn't forget to take "mama peace" along when going back to the Hague.

I even thought she and her "ex president wife" were whom they came for.

Joker, why not drag GEJ there yourself.

17 Likes

Re: ICC Prosecutor Visits Nigeria - Indicates Interest To Commence Investigation by Yujin(m): 5:23am On Apr 14, 2016
Time for us to bring out all the records we have kept. Evidences abound to incriminate the devils who think they can snuff out life from anyone at anytime they want and nothing will happen. We can never be gagged. Aljazeera will soon do a documentary about the heavy handedness of the Nigerian Army against civilians. They will pay. The era of slavery is gone and gone for good.

34 Likes 4 Shares

Re: ICC Prosecutor Visits Nigeria - Indicates Interest To Commence Investigation by Fleshly: 5:28am On Apr 14, 2016
Hahahahahahaha, bubu for ICC, LWKMD. I honestly will want to witness the illiterate give evidence or say something to the ICC panel.

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ICC Prosecutor Visits Nigeria - Indicates Interest To Commence Investigation by asorocker: 5:38am On Apr 14, 2016
I see some nigerian army generals joining Charles Taylor in no distant time

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: ICC Prosecutor Visits Nigeria - Indicates Interest To Commence Investigation by castrogee(m): 6:07am On Apr 14, 2016
TkesterA:
@ Castrogee,

This is not a case of hyper use of force, but a case of war crimes committed against civilian population. That is what IPOB and Shias are claiming. Hyper use of force would be an application of undue force leading to injuries and destruction of property and not to killings of over 500 civilian population.

Yeah, you are right. Things might get ugly real quick. To be honest I cant find any honest justification to the crimes committed by this administration against innocent civilians. But what Buhari didn't understand is that we live in an age and time where information flies like nothing. People were taking pictures and videos of all his atrocities while he was busy perpetuating them. Well, only time will tell.

23 Likes

Re: ICC Prosecutor Visits Nigeria - Indicates Interest To Commence Investigation by SleekMallam: 6:16am On Apr 14, 2016
Buhari is finished at the Hague!!!! That UK article was the first shot his dictatorial nature has drawn international anger against his regime. 69 years behind bars is awaiting the dogs and baboons proponent. My own personal records against his government will send him into instant coma once forwarded!

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: ICC Prosecutor Visits Nigeria - Indicates Interest To Commence Investigation by Nobody: 6:41am On Apr 14, 2016
I am observing ThisDay and Vanguard on their news reportage covering Nigeria.

I am.observing and watching

4 Likes

Re: ICC Prosecutor Visits Nigeria - Indicates Interest To Commence Investigation by castrogee(m): 7:16am On Apr 14, 2016
Keneking:

What happened to their news reportage. Aren't they reporting real events?

11 Likes

Re: ICC Prosecutor Visits Nigeria - Indicates Interest To Commence Investigation by Sctests: 7:34am On Apr 14, 2016
Welcome ICC, when you are leaving please drag the despotic murderous dullardd with you and lock him up in your darkest jail where the sun doesn't shine. He is a murderer!

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ICC Prosecutor Visits Nigeria - Indicates Interest To Commence Investigation by Nobody: 7:36am On Apr 14, 2016
TkesterA:

Joker, why not drag GEJ there yourself.
Hehehehehehehe
That's part of my plan b
Re: ICC Prosecutor Visits Nigeria - Indicates Interest To Commence Investigation by gidgiddy: 7:37am On Apr 14, 2016
The shooting of IPOB

The Shia Massacre

The areal bombardment of Calabar

When the time comes, Buhari and Burutai shall surely face the music for their crimes against humanity

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ICC Prosecutor Visits Nigeria - Indicates Interest To Commence Investigation by Sctests: 7:39am On Apr 14, 2016
Is lalasticlala still sleeping?

10 Likes

Re: ICC Prosecutor Visits Nigeria - Indicates Interest To Commence Investigation by idensko(m): 7:41am On Apr 14, 2016
A nice and sweet news,
It been a while since I heard this kind of news.

5 Likes

Re: ICC Prosecutor Visits Nigeria - Indicates Interest To Commence Investigation by Ooni: 7:41am On Apr 14, 2016
So those IPOB guys knew what they were saying.

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ICC Prosecutor Visits Nigeria - Indicates Interest To Commence Investigation by TheArchangel(f): 7:48am On Apr 14, 2016
Keneking:

. Even our media had started shifting their goalpost , nobody wants to be caught in the middle of this fiasco.
It is time to go overboard, better the ocean than a sinking old ship.

13 Likes

Re: ICC Prosecutor Visits Nigeria - Indicates Interest To Commence Investigation by Nobody: 7:49am On Apr 14, 2016
President Buhari is a terrorist. He created boko haram. Buhari is a dangerous killer.

17 Likes

Re: ICC Prosecutor Visits Nigeria - Indicates Interest To Commence Investigation by GworoChewinMaga: 8:05am On Apr 14, 2016
castrogee:

[s]People don't even understand how the ICC works. It is a court that prosecutes crimes that fall within its jurisdiction, crimes such as: Rape, murder, massacre, destruction of a civilian society by any means, etc. They have professional judges. The prosecutor's team will first investigate the case submitted by the plaintiff to ascertain if the case falls within the court's jurisdiction and also to ascertain if the case should go on owing to the fact that some cases may be minor or trivial, like an unintentional killing of a civilian society. For example, if the police in trying to quell a riot accidentally kills people, though the ICC has the jurisdiction over such matter but they may not go on to prosecute the case, because such is the tragedy of our every day lives and in this case ICC will only issue a directive to the relevant organ or authority responsible to be more reasonable in their actions next time to avoid such human casualties.

All these go down during the ICC preliminary investigation, the preliminary investigation is conducted to ascertain if the case can go on to the next level which is now the full investigation of the various evidences rallied by the plaintiff against the defendant, needless to say that at this moment the ICC is almost certain that the case will go on, i.e the prosecutor is almost certain that he is ready to prosecute.

Unfortunately, this is where Nigeria is right now. The coming of the ICC prosecutor, the chief prosecutor for that matter is to signal to the Nigerian authority that the result of there preliminary investigation indicts them (Nigeria), and they will go into full investigation and also to intimate the Nigerian government to be ready for the investigation because certain govt officials will need to be examined. Now, IPOB is claiming to be in possession of forensic evidence against the Nigerian army i.e. evidence that shows that the bullets used against arm-less protesters indeed came from the Nigerian military (and this is scary), coupled with video evidence. This is the reason why the army is sweating to brand IPOB a terror group. But the truth is that you don't just label a group terrorists without strong evidence of their ties to destruction and untamed violence and evidence to show that they have carried out such crimes like ISIS is doing now. For Goodness sake the Nigerian govt should know that they are appearing before a panel of judges, learned and experienced judges for that matter that understand the terrain and they want to present these baseless charges before them?

Predictably, some of us saw this thing coming, and raised alarm, but Buhair being a dullard thought everything about power is fiat. he ordered his COAS to use hyper force on unarmed protesters, because he is buhari, well I wish him good luck. Now IPOB has said they will resume their protests once they get their TV station running, the implication is that this time they could hold the protests for the time they want without harassment because the world is now paying attention. I believe this shouldn't have gotten to this level had Buhari not been reckless with his decision. Over 8 cases have been established against Nigeria in the ICC, I told a friend of mine that the next battle ground in the world is Nigeria. Its unfortunate that it is only in Africa that you see unarmed protesters been shot with such reckless abandon, and yet Africa will claim to be unfairly treated by the west[/s].

Spewing crap.
The ICC has jurisdiction over all countries signatory to it Nigeria inclusive.

Only a handful of nations like the US are not signatory to the ICC since they declared it contravenes their sovereignty.

Even at that, the ICC can request extradition for an alleged war criminal hiding in a third party nation signatory to the ICC convention.

Additionally, the Geneva convention on conflict is supreme to all UN member nations irrespective if they are not signatory to the ICC.

This was what led to the ICC issuing an arrest warrant for the Sudanese fugitive president omar Bashir where it was made clear that he ordered and orchestrated the genocide in Darfur.

Finally, the ICC was setup to try cases in failed states where institutions of Justice have collapsed.

Buhari and his criminal coward Generals will face justice for the cold blooded cowardly murder of defenseless women and children.

He will not remain in power forever and sooner or later he and his criminal gang will answer for their crimes in Zaria, the SE, Odi and in Cross River.

15 Likes

Re: ICC Prosecutor Visits Nigeria - Indicates Interest To Commence Investigation by Naijiant: 8:06am On Apr 14, 2016
nnachukz:
Well said. The case against Buhari and Buratai is quite clear. Details: http://www.naijiant.com/articles/buhari-buratai-culpable-mass-murder-shias/

8 Likes

Re: ICC Prosecutor Visits Nigeria - Indicates Interest To Commence Investigation by GworoChewinMaga: 8:07am On Apr 14, 2016
gidgiddy:
The shooting of IPOB

The Shia Massacre

The areal bombardment of Calabar

When the time comes, Buhari and Burutai shall surely face the music for their crimes against humanity

Buhari should know better than anyone that power is transient and never lasts forever.

If he likes let him do 5 terms in office till he kicks the bucket, his cronies will stand trial for this wicked cowardly crime.

16 Likes

Re: ICC Prosecutor Visits Nigeria - Indicates Interest To Commence Investigation by Fleshly: 8:15am On Apr 14, 2016
TkesterA:
@ Castrogee,

cc. Mod lalasticlala, mynd44.

1 Like

Re: ICC Prosecutor Visits Nigeria - Indicates Interest To Commence Investigation by Fleshly: 8:16am On Apr 14, 2016
GworoChewinMaga:

Spewing crap.
The ICC has jurisdiction over all countries signatory to it Nigeria inclusive.

Only a handful of nations like the US are not signatory to the ICC since they declared it contravenes their sovereignty.

Even at that, the ICC can request extradition for an alleged war criminal hiding in a third party nation signatory to the ICC convention.

Additionally, the Geneva convention on conflict is supreme to all UN member nations irrespective if they are not signatory to the ICC.

This was what led to the ICC issuing an arrest warrant for the Sudanese fugitive president omar Bashir where it was made clear that he ordered and orchestrated the genocide in Darfur.

Finally, the ICC was setup to try cases in failed states where institutions of Justice have collapsed.

Buhari and his criminal coward Generals will face justice for the cold blooded cowardly murder of defenseless women and children.

He will not remain in power forever and sooner or later he and his criminal gang will answer for their crimes in Zaria, the SE, Odi and in Cross River.

You didn't take time to go through the post, but was quick to write a rebuttal. Shameful.

21 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Oil Bunkerers Arrested For Mixing Original Diesel With Kerosene In Lagos (Photos / Ekiti Murder: Fayemi Commiserates With Ojo’s Family, Urges Police To Find Killer / Bode George: Why Buhari Can’t Win The War Against Boko Haram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.