Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,653 members, 7,809,476 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:13 AM

OAU Rated As Best University In Nigeria - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / OAU Rated As Best University In Nigeria (36529 Views)

Tukur Bayero Debunks Breaking 20 Years Jinx As Best Graduating Student From ABU / NUC Ranks University Of Ibadan As Best University In Nigeria / The Best University In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: OAU Rated As Best University In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:10am On Feb 12, 2013
Isnt this oau overrated
Re: OAU Rated As Best University In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:20am On Feb 12, 2013
Jarus:

I have always said this kind of defeatist mentality is why many Nigerians don't get job. I will continue to say it.

Truth is, not less than 70% of private sector jobs are still by merit, and it can even as high as 95% in top jobs like the IOC's and other MNC's.

shocked shocked shocked shocked which sector, Oil and gas , banking , beverages , Telecom , commercials or where, it is 75% who you know because the last selection end up in who you know. but i still believe in 100% GOD in all
Re: OAU Rated As Best University In Nigeria by Tolexander: 10:22am On Feb 12, 2013
talktimi: grin I met a 2:1 economics graduate of OAU while in camp who told me the 25 billion naira recapitalization of banks embarked upon by ex CBN chief Charles Soludo was for the procurement of ATM machines and security doors... Hehehe
ya! That is what we call 'aro' (craziness) in OAU. The guy did aro for you. He knows the rational behind the recapitalization.

2 Likes

Re: OAU Rated As Best University In Nigeria by Dapo4u(m): 10:25am On Feb 12, 2013
CHESSBOARD:

shocked shocked shocked shocked which sector, Oil and gas , banking , beverages , Telecom , commercials or where, it is 75% who you know because the last selection end up in who you know. but i still believe in 100% GOD in all
talktimi: you're right my brother, UNILORIN is by far a better school than most universities in Nigeria. I just laughed when I saw this OAU thingy
. Are you saying if candidate A got A1 in Economics, irrespective of his grades in other subjects, he is by far the best student in your class?

1 Like

Re: OAU Rated As Best University In Nigeria by BlackEbony(m): 10:33am On Feb 12, 2013
talktimi: grin I met a 2:1 economics graduate of OAU while in camp who told me the 25 billion naira recapitalization of banks embarked upon by ex CBN chief Charles Soludo was for the procurement of ATM machines and security doors... Hehehe

Are you quite sure this fellow in question isn't a returnee from outside the country who came for his youth service and has no intention of remaining here after the program hence his inability to pick up knowledge from here
Re: OAU Rated As Best University In Nigeria by donphilopus: 10:33am On Feb 12, 2013
Dubemkelly: Talk is cheap nd haters can go take a cab 2 hell...Courtesy demands u appreciate n congratulate dem, Y won't gr8 ife guys pride over ds achievement? Its just a winning spirit nd dey r celebr8ng d succes...Am proud 2 b in OAU....
FUNAAB banks 2nd
Unilag 3rd
UNN 4th
Unilorin 5th
UI 6th
Uniben 7th
ABU 8th
Auchi poly 9th nd
Covenant university 10th

you got this fake quote from where my guy?

2 Likes

Re: OAU Rated As Best University In Nigeria by bosunolu(m): 10:33am On Feb 12, 2013
My Great IFE! I love you.
Re: OAU Rated As Best University In Nigeria by MuniruA(m): 10:38am On Feb 12, 2013
As a great ife std, i dt need anybody or org. to rate oau as d best. Itz output speaks 4 it. I cant imagine some1 here can compare uniilorin with oau, oau is far better than d latter n even other universities as comfirmed by d organisation. Is like u guyz are nt aware of d popular saying which state: there're only two universities in nigeria, OAU and others(ui, unniilorin, unn, and lasu)
Re: OAU Rated As Best University In Nigeria by donphilopus: 10:39am On Feb 12, 2013
Desdola: Welcomed development. More grease to their elbow

my guy no be grease na "more power to your elbow" point of correction
Re: OAU Rated As Best University In Nigeria by gdayone: 10:40am On Feb 12, 2013
GREATTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!IFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: OAU Rated As Best University In Nigeria by enemmo(f): 10:41am On Feb 12, 2013
bankylan:

There is one OAU Eco graduate in my office too. The guy confirmed that they were not given the best of knowledge. The guy has 2.1 too; I told him he would be lucky to have 2.2 in Unilorin or UI. My judgment is based on what I know about him in respect to his intellect.

For Economics, I will advise anyone to go to Ilorin or UI in Nigeria. And if you have the money, please just travel abroad. The reason being that the curriculum here in all Nigerian schools is outdated and being taught by 'professors and Dr' who are outdated.

Huh?Ilorin?
Re: OAU Rated As Best University In Nigeria by Ejine(m): 10:46am On Feb 12, 2013
Please, someone help me paste the contents on this link. It is a clear expose' on how Webometrics for Universities are ranked.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Webometrics_Ranking_of_World_Universities

By the way, I am an alumnus of OAU too, but I'd just like us to stop deluding ourselves. This is no different from when politicians promise us floating cities and air-conditioned bridges and we start dancing azonto, not knowing we're being played like provincial dullards.

That wikipedia link will open your eyes on the foolishness behind the original post on this thread, as well as why we look like real dumbasses when we make a mountain out of this.

My people... We need some sophistication for once in our lives.
Re: OAU Rated As Best University In Nigeria by rodeo0070(m): 10:46am On Feb 12, 2013
Tolexander: ya! That is what we call 'aro' (craziness) in OAU. The guy did aro for you. He knows the rational behind the recapitalization.
leave am, e no fit understand "ARO".

1 Like

Re: OAU Rated As Best University In Nigeria by thelastPope(m): 10:51am On Feb 12, 2013
Moderators, please stop publishing false news. The title is totally false. OAU was not rated best university in Nigeria!

The Webometrics University Ranking is a ranking system based on university web presence, visibility and web access.[2] This ranking system measures how strongly a university is present in the web by its own web domain, sub-pages, rich files, scholarly articles etc.[2] The central hypothesis of this approach is that web presence is a reliable indicator of the global performance and prestige of the universities and as such, is an indirect way to measure all the university missions (teaching, research, transfer). Although the Web is universally recognized as one of the most relevant tools for scholarly communication, it is still very rare these indicators are used for the evaluation of the scientific research and the academic performance of universities. Webometric indicators are provided to show the commitment of the institutions to Web publication

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Webometrics_Ranking_of_World_Universities

You guys are becoming like Saharareporters. Watch it! Its bad for your reputation! You should always verify stuff before posting to the front page!

1 Like

Re: OAU Rated As Best University In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:52am On Feb 12, 2013
ondo_boi: there are just two universities in Nigeria; Greatest OAU and others ...click like if you agree
i taught itz university of nigeria and odas, y u change'am na?

2 Likes

Re: OAU Rated As Best University In Nigeria by OluEmmaAss: 10:52am On Feb 12, 2013
Great Ife! One Africa's most beautiful campus!!! Nice!
Re: OAU Rated As Best University In Nigeria by metti(m): 10:52am On Feb 12, 2013
tongue shocked
luvola: let see the full list..i want to see the position of my former citadel - lagos state university.
It is not on the list!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: OAU Rated As Best University In Nigeria by JstBrave(f): 10:52am On Feb 12, 2013
Ọba Awọn Universities(OAU)
cheesycheesycheesy

Dubemkelly: Talk is cheap nd haters can go take a cab 2 hell...Courtesy demands u appreciate n congratulate dem, Y won't gr8 ife guys pride over ds achievement? Its just a winning spirit nd dey r celebr8ng d succes...Am proud 2 b in OAU....
FUNAAB banks 2nd
Unilag 3rd
UNN 4th
Unilorin 5th
UI 6th
Uniben 7th
ABU 8th
Auchi poly 9th nd
Covenant university 10th

R u kidding me? Wia da hell is LAUTECH?
Re: OAU Rated As Best University In Nigeria by michealade(m): 10:54am On Feb 12, 2013
Great Ife.....they are two universities in Nigeria,OAU and Others
Re: OAU Rated As Best University In Nigeria by devour129: 10:55am On Feb 12, 2013
[quote author=petreli12]Haterz can kiss between my two thighs!!! Great Ife is and will continue to be Nigeria's numero uno in all aspects of uni life! UI, UNIBEN and others can queue behind us.....Of the Greatest Ifeeeeeee, Great![/quote[b]]GREAT!!!!!! I REP OAU[/b]
Re: OAU Rated As Best University In Nigeria by oddy4real(m): 10:57am On Feb 12, 2013
Stoooopid Illilterates. Webmatrics ranking has more to do with d school Website. In the real ranking, UI is 23rd in Africa and best in Nigeria.
See link www.4icu.org/topAfrica
Re: OAU Rated As Best University In Nigeria by jmoore(m): 10:59am On Feb 12, 2013
The students that liked the post don't even know what webometrics is all about.

[size=15pt]The ranking has nothing to with academic excellence.

"The Webometrics Ranking of World Universities, also known as Ranking Web of World Universities, is ranking system for the world's universities based on a composite indicator that takes into account both the volume of the Web contents (number of web pages and files) and the visibility and impact of these web publications according to the number of external inlinks (site citations) they received. " [/size]

This report is misleading, it shows how ignorant some university officials and students are.
Re: OAU Rated As Best University In Nigeria by mydex93(f): 11:01am On Feb 12, 2013
luvola: let see the full list..i want to see the position of my former citadel - lagos state university.
ur school no even dey d list..OAU is d greatest
Re: OAU Rated As Best University In Nigeria by Ejine(m): 11:02am On Feb 12, 2013
According to that Wikipedia link:

"The Webometrics Ranking of World Universities, also known as Ranking Web of World Universities, is ranking system for the world's universities based on a composite indicator that takes into account both the volume of the Web contents (number of web pages and files) and the visibility and impact of these web publications according to the number of external inlinks (site citations) they received. The ranking is published by theCybermetrics Lab, a research group of the Spanish National Research Council (CSIC) located in Madrid."

[url]en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Webometrics_Ranking_of_World_Universities[/url]

What a shame. I feel so embarrassed that my people get misled so easily by fake propaganda articles while they dance naked totally unaware of their ignorance. It is such a shame.
A rating sysem purely based on web contents and external links is now translated to "academic superiority" in that shameless disgrace of an article, and my people are dancing naked like the slaves did as they were transported to Virginia. Such a shame.

Ikedi Ohakim the criminal also had one of the best websites during his tenure, but did that translate to "infrastructural superiority"?

This is so embarrassing, and until you free yourselves from this slavery to ignorance, you shall continue to be used like pawns and peons by dishonest crooked men.
Re: OAU Rated As Best University In Nigeria by igbeke: 11:03am On Feb 12, 2013
His Majesty: I've had uncountable times that OAU has beautiful structures far better than unilag, i'm really curious to see how true this is cos i've never been there; atleast not inside, i've stood in front of the main gate before... Anybody with pictures of the school?
my broda dont be decieved cos u'll only be greeted wit disappointment. at least i was dere last yr. Unilag is far more beautiful.
but one tin i've come 2 understand; AKOKITES ARE NO NOISE MAKERS.
Re: OAU Rated As Best University In Nigeria by Ejine(m): 11:11am On Feb 12, 2013
I've never been so embarrassed sad
Re: OAU Rated As Best University In Nigeria by solelymade: 11:12am On Feb 12, 2013
Dis is quite possible because students mostly are ill-informed often times regardless of grade. Before i gained admission, i knew what d 25billion naira capitalisation was all about...my school may and may not tutor me on what d capitalisation is. What makes u excel as a student is gaining information outside d classroom. Sincerely, I see students argue blindly on issues which are obvious but that doesn't take away d fact that OAU's student know d content of their books so well but not very conversant with issues outside d skol environ. Then, d dude could have done Aro 4 u. No need proving OAU is a better uni wen compared and contrasted wit other unis in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: OAU Rated As Best University In Nigeria by orgasticdance: 11:12am On Feb 12, 2013
all looks like one big di.ck measuring competition to me.
most of our schools are rubbish, all the old gen universities are rubbish.
bring the british back to restore our schools to what they once were!
Re: OAU Rated As Best University In Nigeria by cooltony09: 11:13am On Feb 12, 2013
talktimi: you're right my brother, UNILORIN is by far a better school than most universities in Nigeria. ; I just laughed when I saw this OAU thingy
Unilorin ko,unilorin ni..guess yu ve not been there b4..it's a good school but cannot be compared with oau..I've experienced the two and I'll tell you that oau na baba oo..even unilorin lecturers self sabi...yu can ask your lecturers..

2 Likes

Re: OAU Rated As Best University In Nigeria by wazobiaforu(m): 11:14am On Feb 12, 2013
OAU = OBA AWON UNIVERSITY

1 Like

Re: OAU Rated As Best University In Nigeria by milky3(f): 11:17am On Feb 12, 2013
Oba
Awon
Universities

1 Like

Re: OAU Rated As Best University In Nigeria by solomon111(m): 11:17am On Feb 12, 2013
What an anomaly.!!
OAU should not feel too comfortable in that position.
UNIBEN will wrest it back from them next year,and all will be well with the world.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Message From ASUU President / Victor Adetunji Is Cruxlearning Africa’s Maths Champion 2022 / Ebonyi State College Of Medicine Under Construction (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.