Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,460 members, 7,958,388 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 01:41 PM

OAU Rated As Best University In Nigeria - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / OAU Rated As Best University In Nigeria (37026 Views)

Tukur Bayero Debunks Breaking 20 Years Jinx As Best Graduating Student From ABU / NUC Ranks University Of Ibadan As Best University In Nigeria / The Best University In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: OAU Rated As Best University In Nigeria by aryzgreat: 11:18am On Feb 12, 2013
chief batiatus: I schooled in the north because I couldn't secure admission at OAU, but I bet its the most beautiful campus I have seen in nigeria. The level of infrastructural layout even in it deteriorated state, is quite impressive and Ife still has a lot of respect for rewarding merit unlike UNN where masters thesis nowadays mean a basket of dried fish and a jerrycan of red oil for your supervisor.

ur ego massaging of OAU and downgrading of UNN is only a waste of bandwidth if u don't provide us with evidence to support your rants. I only rate unis by their products, u may be living in past glory if ur products are no where to be found in nigeria of today. Before u downgrade UNN which is d trademark of ppl from certain region with their "pull him down" mentality, list the products of OAU in d present nigeria, i will furnish u with UNN products. Am talking of present not past, with that we can judge.

Btw am an alumnus of Unizik but will not stand mediocre like u tarnishing the image of another school just to up ur ego.

4 Likes

Re: OAU Rated As Best University In Nigeria by lacasa: 11:20am On Feb 12, 2013
talktimi: grin I met a 2:1 economics graduate of OAU while in camp who told me the 25 billion naira recapitalization of banks embarked upon by ex CBN chief Charles Soludo was for the procurement of ATM machines and security doors... Hehehe

Lwkm gringrin
Re: OAU Rated As Best University In Nigeria by knowsir: 11:20am On Feb 12, 2013
OAU is by far d best university in nigeria,is it by d quality of students,graduates,environment,infrastructure,lecturers,research n innovations,awards or what do u want 2 use in ur comparison.dats y it is called OBA AWON UNIVERSITY(OAU)

1 Like

Re: OAU Rated As Best University In Nigeria by solomon111(m): 11:23am On Feb 12, 2013
knowsir: OAU is by far d best university in nigeria,is it by d quality of students,graduates,environment,infrastructure,lecturers,research n innovations,awards or what do u want 2 use in ur comparison.dats y it is called OBA AWON UIVERSITY(OAU)
OAU was not,is not,and will never be the best university in Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: OAU Rated As Best University In Nigeria by Pabloairmar(m): 11:24am On Feb 12, 2013
delsu stil d num 1
Re: OAU Rated As Best University In Nigeria by badassnigga(m): 11:25am On Feb 12, 2013
well deserved cool
Re: OAU Rated As Best University In Nigeria by earthgreeners(m): 11:26am On Feb 12, 2013
Webometric ranking is not based on teaching and research facilities or academic excellence..
These OAU lads should stop fooling themselves....
In the real sense, All Nigerian Universities are the same in ranking...POORLY FUNDED!!!!

Check the QS or Times ranking, you would weep for ur rubbish OAU..
Re: OAU Rated As Best University In Nigeria by Acidosis(m): 11:27am On Feb 12, 2013
Lol... at Op, Thread's title and Comments grin
Re: OAU Rated As Best University In Nigeria by talktimi(m): 11:27am On Feb 12, 2013
Dapo4u: . Are you saying if candidate A got A1 in Economics, irrespective of his grades in other subjects, he is by far the best student in your class?
we're talking university cgpa here not waec or neco.
Re: OAU Rated As Best University In Nigeria by EdosaGreat(m): 11:29am On Feb 12, 2013
In the year 2010, i met a business administration graduate from OAU. He came 4an oral interview in Delta career college warri to seek a techin job cud nt define management wen he was askd to, and cudn't enumerate d factors 2b considered b4 setin up a busines, didnt know d father of management and d principles of managenent. Recently, my cousin(graduate of computer sc. Frm OAU) who has alwz claim superiority over me a graduate frm state university cud not instal software on d computrs his dad brot frm UK. Hw disaptd d dad sti fi ti 2day. A frnd of mine who graduatd frm d same sku (studied Ecomics) cudn't draw common demand n supply curve, cudnt tel d reason y d demand curve slope downward frm left 2ryt, cudn't define Economics in d words of Lionel Robins and Adam Smith 4hr yngr sistr. Wot a shame if u cnt define d cos u studied in d University, if i'd known u wudn't hv gon to dt OAU bt DELSU whr dy wud stres ur brain n made u spend al ur entire nigh doin AWOKO, u cant sov comon SS1 Assignment 4ur yngr sister, i pitty u. Doz were d words of hr father. I once visited OAU 4malpractice purpose. Their pre degree campus is located in d bush. Halfbaked students. Do nt ovr eulogy ur sku. Wot an oaf and awkward criterials!

2 Likes

Re: OAU Rated As Best University In Nigeria by emmasege: 11:32am On Feb 12, 2013
How on earth can anyone compare UNILORIN wt OAU or UI?. U r absolutely right, UNILORIN lecturers themselves will never dispute the fact that UNILORIN is not in the same class as OAU. I got my first degree from UI and postgraduate degrees from OAU, and I can attest to the fact that OAU deserves to be named Nigeria's best university. Let me quote the school's chancellor (Emir of Katsina)at the last convocation ceremony "Honestly speaking, i have been to so many universities in Nigeria but I have not seen a University like OAU". There is no point disputing the obvious if you have not visited the school or better still enrolled for a programme there.
cooltony09:
Unilorin ko,unilorin ni..guess yu ve not been there b4..it's a good school but cannot be compared with oau..I've experienced the two and I'll tell you that oau na baba oo..even unilorin lecturers self sabi...yu can ask your lecturers..

1 Like

Re: OAU Rated As Best University In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:37am On Feb 12, 2013
Mehn, i am so diasppointed at d comments i'm seeing. We re scholars undergoing due processes to become educated n civilized people...aren't we mature enough to avoid foolish controversies abt which uni is d best or not? Ur uni is d bst...are u going to live in campus forever? Instead of channeling our thoughts to more productive usage, we re here arguing abt an institution that is a still object. Jst chipping in...'no mata hw great a nigerian uni is, it is nt yet worthy to untie the sandals of harvard graduates'. So wia shld one even start arguing from D summary of this is...'dia is unemployment and job insecurity in nigeria, so one shld start thinking of how to create his/her own successful environment'. Only if one's uni culd save him on d day of interview, then i wld tell dem dat I am Proudly Lion, from the only University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN).

1 Like

Re: OAU Rated As Best University In Nigeria by Pabloairmar(m): 11:37am On Feb 12, 2013
mayb u havnt been to delsu 4 grantn oau as d best@emmagese
Re: OAU Rated As Best University In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:41am On Feb 12, 2013
fittty: Doesn't still guarantee oau graduates the best jobs.... Na by who u sabi u go take see better job

C WHAT EDUCATION HAS BEEN REDUCED 2. A MEANS 2 SECURG A JOB

1 Like

Re: OAU Rated As Best University In Nigeria by Cuddlemii: 11:51am On Feb 12, 2013
Cuddlemii: OAU is top notch.
You can hardly find an OAU graduate that does not stand out.
Brains, Intellect, linguistics & fantastic English skillz.
Plus their men are always fine, clean, cool, calm & collected.

This was my comment then and I still maintain the opinion.
Up OAU, you are forever Special! Keep it up! smiley
Re: OAU Rated As Best University In Nigeria by playto(m): 11:57am On Feb 12, 2013
ollyboy009: On what basis is this rating,Research study alone? But i think webometric should rank them first as the best institution with the slowest academic calender when compared with other schools like Uni ilorin and ABU.Moreover, are we even making use of research in this country?Dont ffffink so.

What is d essence of speed in the wrong direction...OAU is oba awon university....wc skul u go slf
Re: OAU Rated As Best University In Nigeria by tomakint: 12:05pm On Feb 12, 2013
Ife na helele,
Ife na waya ooo,
Ife na helele,
Ife na waya ooo,
No campus be like am,
No school fine like am,
E wo, E wo, Ife na helele,
If you go to LASU, na your fault, if you go to UNILAG, na your fault,
Only IFE na im be baba oooo, E wo, E wo, Ife na helele cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Of the Greeeeaaaateessssstt Ife, (Great) Pa won, (Gbosaaaaa)
Recognition (O da mo niyen) wink

2 Likes

Re: OAU Rated As Best University In Nigeria by seguntijan(m): 12:05pm On Feb 12, 2013
UNILAG FOREVER... The school of first choice and the nations pride
Re: OAU Rated As Best University In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:07pm On Feb 12, 2013
Edosa Great: In the year 2010, i met a business administration graduate from OAU. He came 4an oral interview in Delta career college warri to seek a techin job cud nt define management wen he was askd to, and cudn't enumerate d factors 2b considered b4 setin up a busines, didnt know d father of management and d principles of managenent. Recently, my cousin(graduate of computer sc. Frm OAU) who has alwz claim superiority over me a graduate frm state university cud not instal software on d computrs his dad brot frm UK. Hw disaptd d dad sti fi ti 2day. A frnd of mine who graduatd frm d same sku (studied Ecomics) cudn't draw common demand n supply curve, cudnt tel d reason y d demand curve slope downward frm left 2ryt, cudn't define Economics in d words of Lionel Robins and Adam Smith 4hr yngr sistr. Wot a shame if u cnt define d cos u studied in d University, if i'd known u wudn't hv gon to dt OAU bt DELSU whr dy wud stres ur brain n made u spend al ur entire nigh doin AWOKO, u cant sov comon SS1 Assignment 4ur yngr sister, i pitty u. Doz were d words of hr father. I once visited OAU 4malpractice purpose. Their pre degree campus is located in d bush. Halfbaked students. Do nt ovr eulogy ur sku. Wot an oaf and awkward criterials!
Problem is OAU does not have a dept called Business Administration but we have public administration. Also OAU does not run computer science alone but they run it computer science with Maths or Economics. So you see you are lying to get some cheap attention. Check your facts right. It can be very embaressing if you don't.

2 Likes

Re: OAU Rated As Best University In Nigeria by jerikoyan(m): 12:09pm On Feb 12, 2013
POINT OF CORRECTION MY DEAR, OAU does not run any programme like BUSINESS ADMIN which means your argument is irresponsible and unreliable.But one good thing about you is that you are not good at telling lies, ;rather the manifestation of your subjectivity in argument is obvious grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Edosa Great: In the year 2010, i met a business administration graduate from OAU. He came 4an oral interview in Delta career college warri to seek a techin job cud nt define management wen he was askd to, and cudn't enumerate d factors 2b considered b4 setin up a busines, didnt know d father of management and d principles of managenent. Recently, my cousin(graduate of computer sc. Frm OAU) who has alwz claim superiority over me a graduate frm state university cud not instal software on d computrs his dad brot frm UK. Hw disaptd d dad sti fi ti 2day. A frnd of mine who graduatd frm d same sku (studied Ecomics) cudn't draw common demand n supply curve, cudnt tel d reason y d demand curve slope downward frm left 2ryt, cudn't define Economics in d words of Lionel Robins and Adam Smith 4hr yngr sistr. Wot a shame if u cnt define d cos u studied in d University, if i'd known u wudn't hv gon to dt OAU bt DELSU whr dy wud stres ur brain n made u spend al ur entire nigh doin AWOKO, u cant sov comon SS1 Assignment 4ur yngr sister, i pitty u. Doz were d words of hr father. I once visited OAU 4malpractice purpose. Their pre degree campus is located in d bush. Halfbaked students. Do nt ovr eulogy ur sku. Wot an oaf and awkward criterials!

2 Likes

Re: OAU Rated As Best University In Nigeria by playto(m): 12:11pm On Feb 12, 2013
Ejiné: According to that Wikipedia link:

"The Webometrics Ranking of World Universities, also known as Ranking Web of World Universities, is ranking system for the world's universities based on a composite indicator that takes into account both the volume of the Web contents (number of web pages and files) and the visibility and impact of these web publications according to the number of external inlinks (site citations) they received. The ranking is published by theCybermetrics Lab, a research group of the Spanish National Research Council (CSIC) located in Madrid."

[url]en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Webometrics_Ranking_of_World_Universities[/url]

What a shame. I feel so embarrassed that my people get misled so easily by fake propaganda articles while they dance naked totally unaware of their ignorance. It is such a shame.
A rating sysem purely based on web contents and external links is now translated to "academic superiority" in that shameless disgrace of an article, and my people are dancing naked like the slaves did as they were transported to Virginia. Such a shame.

Ikedi Ohakim the criminal also had one of the best websites during his tenure, but did that translate to "infrastructural superiority"?

This is so embarrassing, and until you free yourselves from this slavery to ignorance, you shall continue to be used like pawns and peons by dishonest crooked men.

U r nt intelligent
Re: OAU Rated As Best University In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:13pm On Feb 12, 2013
OAU is only university in Nigeria with its own iLAB. They 've got internet facilities installed all over the campus. They're easily the best in ICT in any Nigeria University.

2 Likes

Re: OAU Rated As Best University In Nigeria by topatee: 12:13pm On Feb 12, 2013
To all d Greatest, make una leave Bad belle people, OAU Reign supreme OBA AWON UNIFASITY and AWO-HALL FOR LIFE

1 Like

Re: OAU Rated As Best University In Nigeria by Ejine(m): 12:17pm On Feb 12, 2013
playto:

U r nt intelligent

From your idiiotic writing alone, I can tell you're a crack-dullard without a shred of intellect in your empty, echoing skull.

Have any material to refute my post with instead of sounding like a primary 3 dropout?
Re: OAU Rated As Best University In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:18pm On Feb 12, 2013
All the lecture theatres and rooms on campus are suitably equipped with all necessary instalations for e-study. And there a lot of them!

1 Like

Re: OAU Rated As Best University In Nigeria by purplebrown: 12:19pm On Feb 12, 2013
cygital:

Don't mind them.

A directory of world universities ranked according their presence on the Web.

You want to see World Universities ranking? Visit: http://www.timeshighereducation.co.uk/world-university-rankings/2012-13/world-ranking
Unfortunately, no Nigeria university is ranked, what a shame!
Only one university from africa? undecided
Re: OAU Rated As Best University In Nigeria by playto(m): 12:23pm On Feb 12, 2013

Who is fooling who...its jst obvious dat all uve bn voicing out are lies....well, for ur info OAU doesn't offer business administration..so park well abegi

1 Like

Re: OAU Rated As Best University In Nigeria by hardbody: 12:23pm On Feb 12, 2013
Y'll make me snigger, really. I did not attend any of these your fancy universities. My university grounded me thoroughly in my course which later became my profession, i earn good money, hold down a decent job and I am respected for what the institution inculcated in me. I stand tall amongst my contemporaries and i will not compare what my University bestowed on me in terms of academic excellence to what Unilag did to in the name of acquiring a Masters Degree. Yes, I mean UNICAL. I remain a Malabite both in this world and the one beyond
Re: OAU Rated As Best University In Nigeria by obitrac: 12:23pm On Feb 12, 2013
Shaking my head.naija schools where even medical doctors and so called professionals alike belief in illuminaty signs,myth,superstitions and all others without scientifc proof ;DShaking my head.naija schools where even medical doctors and so called professionals alike belief in illuminaty signs,myth,superstitions and all others without scientifc proof
Re: OAU Rated As Best University In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:25pm On Feb 12, 2013
Despite all the challenges faced by Nigerian Universities, OAU still manages to make life easy for her students without compromising the quality of education on offer. We still pay the least fee in Nigeria. Our hostel cost which can altogether house 12,000 students, is the cheapest you can get anywhere. We pay a meagre N2590 or $20 per session.
You can only envy us and we'll understand the reason.

1 Like

Re: OAU Rated As Best University In Nigeria by jerikoyan(m): 12:27pm On Feb 12, 2013
A unique thing about OAU is that,it has no department of mass communication but 50% of the in well known journalist in Nigeria today graduated from OAU.Kunle Ajibade of The news magazine,Abike Dabiri and Alh Alarape of the sun newspaper are jus to mention few

1 Like

Re: OAU Rated As Best University In Nigeria by playto(m): 12:31pm On Feb 12, 2013
Ejiné:

From your idiiotic writing alone, I can tell you're a crack-dullard without a shred of intellect in your empty, echoing skull.

Have any material to refute my post with instead of sounding like a primary 3 dropout?

Silence is d accurate answer for a fool like u...I do not av to refute ur post with any fuckn materials..ur whole entire life seems so complicated to escape faith..idiot

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Can Make You Treat Your Pen This Way? #Hilarious photo / Ahmed Buhari Bature Set A New Record At NDA / Dates And Schedules For JAMB UTME 2016/2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.