Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,034 members, 7,956,834 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 08:17 PM

OAU Rated As Best University In Nigeria - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / OAU Rated As Best University In Nigeria (36997 Views)

Tukur Bayero Debunks Breaking 20 Years Jinx As Best Graduating Student From ABU / NUC Ranks University Of Ibadan As Best University In Nigeria / The Best University In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: OAU Rated As Best University In Nigeria by playto(m): 3:12pm On Feb 12, 2013
Ejiné:

Once again, you're a bloody mooron. You quote an entire post filled with facts on why the article is a farce, and like the typical Nigerian educated illiterate, you post your meaningless drivel with nothing to back it up with, only to say Silence is the accurate answer.
You are truly stupiiid.

Oh, and by the bolded, I guess you meant to say FATE, huh OAU graduate dunce?

Foools like you now populate that once perfect school.

Idiiot!

You acne-encrusted, vacuum cleaner-humping, cheerleading mess-in-a-dress, I appreciate the
correctness of your groveling salutation, but I still think you should be tied to the bumper of an off-roader and dragged across the cactus-filled...fool...so u tink u r d only idiot dat cn type correct english abi...even if I av to learn...apparently,its nt frm an unintelligent human bein lik u who is so blind to see. I don't want to talk to you no more, you empty headed animal food trough wiper. I fart in your general direction.
Now go away before I taunt you a third time....eranko

1 Like

Re: OAU Rated As Best University In Nigeria by playto(m): 3:27pm On Feb 12, 2013
Jarus:
Ejine, so you finished from Ife too. Interesting.

Interesting indeed...d fucking dude is a bastard.am so sorry that d fool was extracted from his mother's womb before abortion buckets were fitted with
anti-climb sides.....lolzzz...nw I realize whr d prob emanate frm...its eida u finshd with a 3rd class or a pass...heeeheeeheehee...maybe drop-out slf
Re: OAU Rated As Best University In Nigeria by GboyegaD(m): 4:19pm On Feb 12, 2013
ollyboy009: On what basis is this rating,Research study alone? But i think webometric should rank them first as the best institution with the slowest academic calender when compared with other schools like Uni ilorin and ABU.Moreover, are we even making use of research in this country?Dont ffffink so.

All I can sense from your post is beef. Anyways, webometrics is one of the world rating organisations that rate universities so your accepting or denouncing the outcome of their research makes no difference since in times past they have been approved of the quality of their work.
Re: OAU Rated As Best University In Nigeria by GboyegaD(m): 4:21pm On Feb 12, 2013
talktimi: grin I met a 2:1 economics graduate of OAU while in camp who told me the 25 billion naira recapitalization of banks embarked upon by ex CBN chief Charles Soludo was for the procurement of ATM machines and security doors... Hehehe

Funny to hear that but you cannot use only him as a basis to reach a conclusion. I still find it shocking though.

1 Like

Re: OAU Rated As Best University In Nigeria by GboyegaD(m): 4:22pm On Feb 12, 2013
fittty: Doesn't still guarantee oau graduates the best jobs.... Na by who u sabi u go take see better job

While I agree with the first part, I totally disagree with the last part of your post. You get the best jobs by developing and selling yourself well at the job market.
Re: OAU Rated As Best University In Nigeria by GboyegaD(m): 4:24pm On Feb 12, 2013
Johnpaul88: Congrats to my school. We 're just too much. OAU should be on the top 10 afterall we have the best university campus in Africa. We only need to improve our hostels and we'll be up there with the very best.

Are you day dreaming? There is more to becoming top best university than just mere wishes.
Re: OAU Rated As Best University In Nigeria by GboyegaD(m): 4:28pm On Feb 12, 2013
bankylan:

There is one OAU Eco graduate in my office too. The guy confirmed that they were not given the best of knowledge. The guy has 2.1 too; I told him he would be lucky to have 2.2 in Unilorin or UI. My judgment is based on what I know about him in respect to his intellect.

For Economics, I will advise anyone to go to Ilorin or UI in Nigeria. And if you have the money, please just travel abroad. The reason being that the curriculum here in all Nigerian schools is outdated and being taught by 'professors and Dr' who are outdated.

So unfortunate you met one who perhaps doesn't know the worth of what he has. Besides, that is not representative thus, you cannot reach a conclusion based on that. You are commiting the best of fallacy thinking he would do worse in some other schools because he could do much better in those schools than he did in Ife.

1 Like

Re: OAU Rated As Best University In Nigeria by GboyegaD(m): 4:29pm On Feb 12, 2013
Akinmail: Foget 'bout all those stupid rankings made by unscrupulous elements. Oau will forever be in the shadows of THE UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN- the first and the friggin best baby. kiss

Learn to appreciate good things and stop beefing. This is one of the major reasons why we are yet to improve in Nigeria making comparisons when we should be thinking of improving things.

1 Like

Re: OAU Rated As Best University In Nigeria by GboyegaD(m): 4:30pm On Feb 12, 2013
talktimi: you're right my brother, UNILORIN is by far a better school than most universities in Nigeria. I just laughed when I saw this OAU thingy

You are allowed to if you want to.
Re: OAU Rated As Best University In Nigeria by olawalebabs(m): 4:36pm On Feb 12, 2013
Jarus:

I'm always restrained from puncturing this, because a good number of my frends finished finished from Unilorin and there are a number of very brilliant folks here that finished from Unilorin (oyb, olawalebabs and co).

I'm from Kwara state and had my secondary education in Kwara state, and dare I tell you that all my secondary school mates who couldn't pass UME ended up in Unilorin thru all these remedial routes.

Omo odo ni ko ponpo ba iya
Though Unilorin is developing at an faster rate, give it to OAU, is one of the best in the country.
Re: OAU Rated As Best University In Nigeria by samilo88(m): 4:53pm On Feb 12, 2013
Johnpaul88: you won't be proud your skool got a position there. I was surprised. The last time i visited your UNIBEN to see my sis, i was embaressed with what i saw .
Pls kindly tell us what u saw liar. Don't just cook up stories thinking everyone would believe u.
Re: OAU Rated As Best University In Nigeria by patostation(m): 5:07pm On Feb 12, 2013
olayiwola-aims:
Webometrics Ranking of World Universities

The Webometrics Ranking of World Universities , also known as
Ranking Web of World Universities, is ranking system for the world's
universities based on a composite indicator that takes into account
both the volume of the Web contents (number of web pages and
files) and the visibility and impact of these web publications
according to the number of external inlinks (site citations) they
received. The ranking is published by the Cybermetrics Lab , a
research group of the Spanish National Research Council (CSIC)
located in Madrid....

Please educate them. There are quite a lot of indices out there. Presence on the web is good for a university but Yahoo boys are even more present on the internet. That was how UNILORIN was ranked best university in Nigeria sometime ago but we know ourselves. True OAU is one of our best but let us not be jubiliating over nothing.

so guyz, this ranking does not indicate if your school is the best academically or its impact on student.....just a mere web content ranking..
Re: OAU Rated As Best University In Nigeria by Gunzilla(m): 5:13pm On Feb 12, 2013
Its so funny to see this "pissing contest" about whose school is the best in Naija.The fact is that among the first generation Unis in Naija,theres little or no difference.All this noise from Ife Boys is just so amusing.Believe me theres nothing special about the school.I'll still choose UI anyday.All those buildings..after Harmattan Semester and all the stress u wont even rememeber what they look like anymore.And a lot of these Awo Boys on here are so juvenile..the constant stupid "aluta" over every little issue.So has Nigeria been changed by all the Aluta in the middle of Osun State now..Shoud have just stayed in my UI jeje...
Re: OAU Rated As Best University In Nigeria by Tolexander: 5:18pm On Feb 12, 2013
Philolos:

Oga, please back up your statement with a recent campus picture or video.
hello! This isn't my point but our anthem.
Save me the picture upload cos seeing is believing.
You can just make an adventure to other top schools in nigeria. Then make your last trip to OAU. You will come back to thank me, I assuredly promise you.
Re: OAU Rated As Best University In Nigeria by collyno200(m): 5:20pm On Feb 12, 2013
olayiwola-aims:
Webometrics Ranking of World Universities

The Webometrics Ranking of World Universities , also known as
Ranking Web of World Universities, is ranking system for the world's
universities based on a composite indicator that takes into account
both the volume of the Web contents (number of web pages and
files) and the visibility and impact of these web publications
according to the number of external inlinks (site citations) they
received. The ranking is published by the Cybermetrics Lab , a
research group of the Spanish National Research Council (CSIC)
located in Madrid....

so guyz, this ranking does not indicate if your school is the best academically or its impact on student.....just a mere web content ranking..
thank you.To al those jumping at uni this or that its al about individuality. You can go to a low rankd univ and stil b d best in what u do n better off than other students in the high ranked sch.People shld b concerned about how to acquiring knowledge rather than dwelling on the euphoria of my sch is this n dat.
Re: OAU Rated As Best University In Nigeria by MuniruA(m): 5:33pm On Feb 12, 2013
Great ife, great ife africa's most beautiful campus. We are conscious, vigilant, progressive . . . forward ever backward never . . there is only 1 great ife in the universe(nig), another great ife is a counterfeit . . . greeeaaat ife!!!
Re: OAU Rated As Best University In Nigeria by Melancholy(m): 5:39pm On Feb 12, 2013
Administrative aspect of OAU in 2012 is ZERO!
Re: OAU Rated As Best University In Nigeria by livebullet(m): 5:39pm On Feb 12, 2013
Wuse2: Keep rating,nija stil b nija

tru talk undecided
Re: OAU Rated As Best University In Nigeria by Jonnysteve: 5:43pm On Feb 12, 2013
ollyboy009: On what basis is this rating,Research study alone? But i think webometric should rank them first as the best institution with the slowest academic calender when compared with other schools like Uni ilorin and ABU.Moreover, are we even making use of research in this country?Dont ffffink so.
is it about academic calendar abi d kind of products u graduate,A.B.U has lost its glory am an abusite but of laterly i ave bin dear n am ashamed @ dear product.

1 Like

Re: OAU Rated As Best University In Nigeria by Elevation(m): 7:10pm On Feb 12, 2013
Life is all about energizing and recreating the innerman in a person,either u grad. 4rm MIT or Mubi if u dont work on ur personality nothing for u.
Re: OAU Rated As Best University In Nigeria by Torlark(m): 7:54pm On Feb 12, 2013
Oba Awon University ...
Olori Awon University...
Only Available University...
Re: OAU Rated As Best University In Nigeria by BankuTilapia: 8:14pm On Feb 12, 2013
UNIVERSITY OF GHANA LEGON grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: OAU Rated As Best University In Nigeria by godman01(m): 8:50pm On Feb 12, 2013
Everybody can do his or her own ranking jare. Tomorrow now and it will change to MAU
Re: OAU Rated As Best University In Nigeria by Electronzeez(m): 8:59pm On Feb 12, 2013
OAU d best no doubt.how many Oau student don get work after d ranking??
Re: OAU Rated As Best University In Nigeria by lexo4real(m): 9:00pm On Feb 12, 2013
luvola: let see the full list..i want to see the position of my former citadel - lagos state university.

Re: OAU Rated As Best University In Nigeria by rman: 9:08pm On Feb 12, 2013
Jarus:

I'm always restrained from puncturing this, because a good number of my frends finished finished from Unilorin and there are a number of very brilliant folks here that finished from Unilorin (oyb, olawalebabs and co).

I'm from Kwara state and had my secondary education in Kwara state, and dare I tell you that all my secondary school mates who couldn't pass UME ended up in Unilorin thru all these remedial routes.

Stop contraicting yourself.
OAU, UI , ABU always require higher scores in UTME/JAMB to enter, that does not mean those that attended Ilorin did not pass.

I can boldly tell you that the end product ( the graduates ) from UNILORIN and LAUTECH can hold their own against any OAU graduate.

If you are really working in corporate Nigeria and have moved around like you claim, you will see graduates from ILORIN, OAU, LAUTECH , UNILAG ,ABU , UNIBEN, UNN dominate the workforce of top tier companies in Nigeria.
Re: OAU Rated As Best University In Nigeria by Bec(f): 9:11pm On Feb 12, 2013
Oba Awon University...Great Ife, I love you; Aluta continua tradition never die.
Re: OAU Rated As Best University In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:22pm On Feb 12, 2013
rman:

Stop contraicting yourself.
OAU, UI , ABU always require higher scores in UTME/JAMB to enter, that does not mean those that attended Ilorin did not pass.

I can boldly tell you that the end product ( the graduates ) from UNILORIN and LAUTECH can hold their own against any OAU graduate.

If you are really working in corporate Nigeria and have moved around like you claim, you will see graduates from ILORIN, OAU, LAUTECH, UNILAG ,ABU , UNIBEN, UNN dominate the workforce of top tier companies in Nigeria.
I was just reading this thread and enjoying myself till I stumbled at your misleading post. I am sure you are probably a graduate of either school. I am not ready to join your debate because I am not interested in that. I must say that it is untrue to say that graduates of UNILORIN and LAUTECH dominate corporate Nigeria. That's a callous lie. I see many old graduates of ABU, UNILAG, UNN, UNIBEN, OAU, UI and recent graduates of OAU, UNIBEN and UNILAG in corporate Nigeria. Graduates of UNILORIN and LAUTECH (of all schools??) are just anonymous like graduates of other institutions. Dont spread falsehood.

1 Like

Re: OAU Rated As Best University In Nigeria by DonaldGenes(m): 10:30pm On Feb 12, 2013
Seconded
Re: OAU Rated As Best University In Nigeria by Areolad: 10:54pm On Feb 12, 2013
Top 100 Universities and Colleges in Africa by the 4icu.org University Web Ranking
1 University of Cape Town South Africa
2 University of South Africa South Africa
3 University of Pretoria South Africa
4 Universiteit Stellenbosch South Africa
5 University of the Witwatersrand South Africa
6 University of Dar es Salaam Tanzania
7 Cairo University Egypt
8 University of KwaZulu-Natal South Africa
9 The American University in Cairo Egypt
10 Makerere University Uganda
11 Rhodes University South Africa
12 University of the Western Cape South Africa
13 Mansoura University Egypt
14 University of Johannesburg South Africa
15 Université Cheikh Anta Diop Senegal
16 Assiut University Egypt
17 University of Nairobi Kenya
18 Zagazig University Egypt
19 University of Botswana Botswana
20 Université Mohammed V - Agdal Morocco
21 University of Ghana Ghana
22 Universiteit van die Vrystaat South Africa
23 University of Ibadan Nigeria
24 Addis Ababa University Ethiopia
25 North-West University South Africa
26 Alexandria University Egypt
27 Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University South Africa
28 University of Zambia Zambia
29 Université des Sciences et de la Technologie Houari Boumediène Algeria
30 The German University in Cairo Egypt
31 Obafemi Awolowo University Nigeria
32 Universidade Eduardo Mondlane Mozambique
33 University of Mauritius Mauritius
34 Ain Shams University Egypt
35 University of Lagos Nigeria
36 Tanta University Egypt
37 Université de Ouagadougou Burkina Faso
38 Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology Ghana
39 Université de la Reunion Reunion
40 Université Nationale du Rwanda Rwanda
41 Helwan University Egypt
42 Cape Peninsula University of Technology South Africa
43 University of Zululand South Africa
44 Strathmore University Kenya
45 Université Cadi Ayyad Morocco
46 Al Akhawayn University Morocco
47 Université d'Alger Algeria
48 Université Mentouri de Constantine Algeria
49 Université Badji Mokhtar de Annaba Algeria
50 Université d'Oran Algeria
51 Université Hassan II - Casablanca Morocco
52 University of Fort Hare South Africa
53 Université Abdelmalek Essadi Morocco
54 Ahmadu Bello University Nigeria
55 Jaamacada Muqdisho Somalia
56 Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology Kenya
57 University of Swaziland Swaziland
58 University of Ilorin Nigeria
59 Sudan University of Science and Technology Sudan
60 Université Mohammed V - Souissi Morocco
61 Kenyatta University Kenya
62 University of Khartoum Sudan
63 University of Namibia Namibia
64 Université de Batna Algeria
65 University of Malawi Malawi
66 Benha University Egypt
67 Université Hassan II - Mohammedia Morocco
68 Al-Azhar University Egypt
69 Fayoum University Egypt
70 Université de la Manouba Tunisia
71 University of Benin Nigeria
72 Minoufiya University Egypt
73 Durban University of Technology South Africa
74 Université de Tunis El Manar Tunisia
75 Université de Carthage Tunisia
76 Tshwane University of Technology South Africa
77 United States International University Kenya
78 Université Abou Bekr Belkaid Tlemcen Algeria
79 Polytechnic of Namibia Namibia
80 Egerton University Kenya
81 Université de Gabès Tunisia
82 Université de Sousse Tunisia
83 Université d'Antananarivo Madagascar
84 Minia University Egypt
85 Moi University Kenya
86 Université de Nouakchott Mauritania
87 Université Mouloud Maameri de Tizi Ouzou Algeria
88 University of Venda South Africa
89 Central University of Technology South Africa
90 Université Ibn Tofail Morocco
91 University of Zimbabwe Zimbabwe
92 Suez Canal University Egypt
93 University of Cape Coast Ghana
94 Misr International University Egypt
95 University of Jos Nigeria
96 University of Maiduguri Nigeria
97 University of Limpopo South Africa
98 The Hubert Kairuki Memorial University Tanzania
99 Jimma University Ethiopia
100 Modern Sciences and Arts University Egypt
Re: OAU Rated As Best University In Nigeria by MizEmerald(f): 11:20pm On Feb 12, 2013
Johnpaul88: Congrats to my school. We 're just too much. OAU should be on the top 10 afterall we have the best university campus in Africa. We only need to improve our hostels and we'll be up there with the very best.
listen to yourself,u have d best campus,so we're going to eat ur lawns and buildings abi,SMH,shallow brain from OAU

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

2023 UTME: Nkechinyere Umeh Top Scorer – JAMB / Appeal Court Orders ASUU To Call Off Strike / Sylvia Nduaguba Chinwedu, IMSU Best Graduating Mechanical Engineering Student

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.