Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,537 members, 7,823,343 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:57 AM

Why Do Naija Girls In America Like To Give Guys The Run Around? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Naija Girls In America Like To Give Guys The Run Around? (2809 Views)

Things Ladies Must Know About Guys. The Truth! / What Do naija Girls Offer In Relationships? / My Boyfriend Doesn't Want Me To Give Guys My Number (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Naija Girls In America Like To Give Guys The Run Around? by chiyex(m): 6:04am On Feb 12, 2013
When you talk to them here, they want to know if you got a degree or business. Materialistic questions are what they start of with. When you show interest, they give u a hard time and play with ur mind. If you go with white girls or african americans they get mad at u. What do they want? When they get close to 30, they become desperate..smh
Re: Why Do Naija Girls In America Like To Give Guys The Run Around? by 3ndy(f): 7:41am On Feb 12, 2013
chiyex: When you talk to them here, they want to know if you got a degree or business. Materialistic questions are what they start of with. When you show interest, they give u a hard time and play with ur mind. If you go with white girls or african americans they get mad at u. What do they want? When they get close to 30, they become desperate..smh
would u prefer them to ask you what church u are going to?' how is the weather like?? so on and so forth??
if i have to make conversation with some one i don't know and plan to i certainly would ask what do you do?? i would not continue a conversation with someone who replies drug dealer.. or someone who says he's living on food stamps
Re: Why Do Naija Girls In America Like To Give Guys The Run Around? by 190: 9:21am On Feb 12, 2013
grin grin

ask ogugua grin grin grin

thats how she made me run around the other day undecided
Re: Why Do Naija Girls In America Like To Give Guys The Run Around? by chiyex(m): 6:52pm On Feb 12, 2013
they are always materialistic. always looking for ready made man. even if you have a year left to graduate, they dont care. this is what i call " aristo in america".
Re: Why Do Naija Girls In America Like To Give Guys The Run Around? by drnoel: 7:15pm On Feb 12, 2013
3ndy:
would u prefer them to ask you what church u are going to?' how is the weather like?? so on and so forth??
if i have to make conversation with some one i don't know and plan to i certainly would ask what do you do?? i would not continue a conversation with someone who replies drug dealer.. or someone who says he's living on food stamps
Really, but that person that was living on food stamps could have made u happy cos he may have been ur soulmate. Its just that he was on his low when he met u. Nigerian chicks, u people should really look beyond materialism. I know a couple that were in similar situation. About the drugs part, I have no idea.
Re: Why Do Naija Girls In America Like To Give Guys The Run Around? by numericalguy(m): 8:40pm On Feb 12, 2013
3ndy:

Just because he's living on food stamps now don't mean he's going to live on it forever. The one you are always dreaming about, what makes you think he never once lived on food stamp. When he has made it, its girls like you that will be all over him with calls..
Re: Why Do Naija Girls In America Like To Give Guys The Run Around? by MurderX: 9:05pm On Feb 12, 2013
Dude work ur way to the top, get successful, ensure you date them and dump them for their prettier or richer friends or sisters or aunts or even moms. ps: always date and dump the igbo girls, marry the yoruba, hausa, calabar or edo ones.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Naija Girls In America Like To Give Guys The Run Around? by chiyex(m): 10:27pm On Feb 12, 2013
3ndy:

A lot of naija women are so short sighted that they cant see a man's potential. No wonder they miss out and then settle for anyone when age is no longer on their side.
Re: Why Do Naija Girls In America Like To Give Guys The Run Around? by 3ndy(f): 1:27am On Feb 13, 2013
drnoel:
Really, but that person that was living on food stamps could have made u happy cos he may have been ur soulmate. Its just that he was on his low when he met u. Nigerian chicks, u people should really look beyond materialism. I know a couple that were in similar situation. About the drugs part, I have no idea.
when has a mere conversation lead to soulmate talks
u just want to know the person!! so if the person is going to be your soul mate y'all will be together!! that is what a soulmate is!!
Re: Why Do Naija Girls In America Like To Give Guys The Run Around? by 3ndy(f): 1:30am On Feb 13, 2013
chiyex:

A lot of naija women are so short sighted that they cant see a man's potential. No wonder they miss out and then settle for anyone when age is no longer on their side.
annnd? what is the potential about a man that can't even lead a conversation??
what is the potential about a man who is ashamed of his occupation??
if i were a teacher and someone asked me what do u do?? i wouldn't be angry at all!!!
Re: Why Do Naija Girls In America Like To Give Guys The Run Around? by 3ndy(f): 1:31am On Feb 13, 2013
numerical_guy:

Just because he's living on food stamps now don't mean he's going to live on it forever. The one you are always dreaming about, what makes you think he never once lived on food stamp. When he has made it, its girls like you that will be all over him with calls..
read my post!!! i said someone who is relying on food stamps!! meaning he doesn't even want to work!!! that is relying!!
Re: Why Do Naija Girls In America Like To Give Guys The Run Around? by Mynd44: 1:42am On Feb 13, 2013
Another thread on Naija girls? smh
Re: Why Do Naija Girls In America Like To Give Guys The Run Around? by True2myself24(f): 2:21am On Feb 13, 2013
chiyex: When you talk to them here, they want to know if you got a degree or business. Materialistic questions are what they start of with. When you show interest, they give u a hard time and play with ur mind. If you go with white girls or african americans they get mad at u. What do they want? When they get close to 30, they become desperate..smh

I dunno...maybe they feel like they have more options so they dont need to settle
Re: Why Do Naija Girls In America Like To Give Guys The Run Around? by Nobody: 5:18am On Feb 13, 2013
190: grin grin

ask ogugua grin grin grin

thats how she made me run around the other day undecided

[size=13pt]Yes, because you're getting fat.[/size]
Re: Why Do Naija Girls In America Like To Give Guys The Run Around? by Nobody: 5:20am On Feb 13, 2013

[size=13pt]Generalizing in 2013?[/size]
Re: Why Do Naija Girls In America Like To Give Guys The Run Around? by Nobody: 5:21am On Feb 13, 2013
The economy is rough right now. Nobody wants to end up with a baggage
Re: Why Do Naija Girls In America Like To Give Guys The Run Around? by zadesa2: 5:34am On Feb 13, 2013
I don't blame most of these naija girls in the states. Even if you say that you don't mind his present status right now, when he makes it, he will still be using his money to chase small girls and might even say that the wife is no longer his taste anymore. So ladies please don't settle for less. Weigh your options and pick the best. Don't ever think that because you agreed to date a guy when he is broke that when he makes it he won't dump you and look for another young lady. My two cents. wink
Re: Why Do Naija Girls In America Like To Give Guys The Run Around? by numericalguy(m): 6:23am On Feb 13, 2013
3ndy:
read my post!!! i said someone who is relying on food stamps!! meaning he doesn't even want to work!!! that is relying!!

Read your own dumb post!!!!! you wrote "living" and not "relying". Where's your English?
This Gold Digger sef na correct olodo!
pssswww!
Re: Why Do Naija Girls In America Like To Give Guys The Run Around? by Nobody: 6:30am On Feb 13, 2013
Ileke-IdI:
The economy is rough right now. Nobody wants to end up with a baggage

Lol!

Op it's just about you working hard, have your own thing. There's nothing wrong with them asking those questions. No woman wanna babysit a grown arss man.

Don't be like your big brother's/ uncles out here hunting for nurses, pharmacist and doctors but have less than $1000 in both their checking and savings account.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Naija Girls In America Like To Give Guys The Run Around? by drnoel: 7:46pm On Feb 13, 2013
3ndy:
when has a mere conversation lead to soulmate talks
u just want to know the person!! so if the person is going to be your soul mate y'all will be together!! that is what a soulmate is!!
U really are funny. So if u don't meet the person that will make u happy somewhere, is the person supposed to fall from the moon or the sun?
Or do u think he or she will grow out of ur skin. U should learn to look and recognize what is before ur face, see what is under ur nose so u could be happy in future..
Re: Why Do Naija Girls In America Like To Give Guys The Run Around? by chiyex(m): 9:06pm On Feb 13, 2013
3ndy:
annnd? what is the potential about a man that can't even lead a conversation??
what is the potential about a man who is ashamed of his occupation??
if i were a teacher and someone asked me what do u do?? i wouldn't be angry at all!!!

did i mention shame at any point? is being a student something to be ashamed of? i tell it like it is. if she doesnt like it.. fine. just an observation that i made a bunch of them are like that and not all.
Re: Why Do Naija Girls In America Like To Give Guys The Run Around? by chiyex(m): 9:09pm On Feb 13, 2013
ogugua88:

[size=13pt]Generalizing in 2013?[/size]

omalicha nwa, i am not generalizing but a lot of them i have seen are like that. there are some who arent that way. most naija guys i meet have the same to say.
Re: Why Do Naija Girls In America Like To Give Guys The Run Around? by nbright: 4:06pm On Feb 14, 2013
chiyex:

did i mention shame at any point? is being a student something to be ashamed of ? i tell it like it is. if she doesnt like it.. fine. just an observation that i made a bunch of them are like that and not all.
@bolded, not at all my brother... I am also one and I don't hide it... I haven't been to the States (never even touch plane sef) so I can't speak for the girls or guys over there, but in Nigeria, the girls won't want to date a student they will rather run after the working class guys.. Now tell me when I've graduted and now working will I want to date/marry those girls?, won't I also run after the younger ones around me?.
Re: Why Do Naija Girls In America Like To Give Guys The Run Around? by chiyex(m): 6:04am On Feb 15, 2013
REALITY101:

Lol!

Op it's just about you working hard, have your own thing. There's nothing wrong with them asking those questions. No woman wanna babysit a grown arss man.

Don't be like your big brother's/ uncles out here hunting for nurses, pharmacist and doctors but have less than $1000 in both their checking and savings account.
Never been a deadbeat and never will be. I see you are carrying those stereotype rumors nigerian women here carry about. I got my own money and dont depend on no woman.
Re: Why Do Naija Girls In America Like To Give Guys The Run Around? by Nobody: 3:12pm On Feb 15, 2013
I proudly tell a girl what I do for a living. It us all part of networking and also assessing how happy a person is with their life.
I personally am attracted to a woman who us doing something with the equal opportunities available to her by the society.

Fact is nobody really wants to associate with a nicely dressed hobo. If you get too close he's all of a sudden bringing his bountiful problems to you, borrowing money, eating all your food, asking if he can sleep on your couch tonight, tonight turns to everyday...etc.

So no there is nothing wrong in assessing the quality and independence of the people you associate yourself with.
Everyone has baggagious people in their lives they are trying to drop, so why take on more?

Stop demonizing common sense undecided
Re: Why Do Naija Girls In America Like To Give Guys The Run Around? by ifihearam: 3:50pm On Feb 15, 2013
nbright: @bolded, not at all my brother... I am also one and I don't hide it... I haven't been to the States (never even touch plane sef) so I can't speak for the girls or guys over there, but in Nigeria, the girls won't want to date a student they will rather run after the working class guys.. Now tell me when I've graduted and now working will I want to date/marry those girls?, won't I also run after the younger ones around me?.

Then date your level at the moment,when you graduate and have good job then you can upgrade.
At every point in time you have your level to date.
Re: Why Do Naija Girls In America Like To Give Guys The Run Around? by sirhot(m): 4:11pm On Feb 15, 2013
Guy, so you dey waste your time chike naija gal for US? You no serious. I been don bone them teh teh, now my babe na Japanese and she like me silly. When we dey waka for road, I go hold her hands laugh, play with am, and that thing dey pain them well... Haha...
Re: Why Do Naija Girls In America Like To Give Guys The Run Around? by dmcdad: 7:11pm On Feb 15, 2013
ifihearam:

Then date your level at the moment,when you graduate and have good job then you can upgrade.
At every point in time you have your level to date.
You are right... At every point in time one has its level to date buh the fact remains, these so-called girls when treated unfairly by the said working class, they come on here and whine over it... Sometimes, the ready-made are not always the better people to mingle with. I wonder what happens to dating a guy with potentials and working out things for the better... I have a friend who is a medical doctor. He is engaged to an ibo girl (American citizen though). Buh before meeting that girl, he dated a pure Nigerian gurl who dropped him with his load of potentials for someone who is ready. Now the table is turned and she is now begging helplessly for them to be back cause he is now finished service and would be traveling to meet his girl at the states...

The thing is, if you know a guy has potentials and knows where he is going, why not stick to him and work things out for the better? Anywayz, in as much as no one wants to associate with low-level kinda people, people should be mindful not to miss the track all in the name of wanting a working class guy or something...

Well, everybody with him own sha...

1 Like

Re: Why Do Naija Girls In America Like To Give Guys The Run Around? by chikeorji123(m): 11:36pm On Feb 15, 2013
.Working class..idle class..stagnant class..statues,well the way our ladies are treading majority of them will ended up been single.
Re: Why Do Naija Girls In America Like To Give Guys The Run Around? by dmcdad: 1:36am On Feb 16, 2013
chikeorji123: .Working class..idle class..stagnant class..statues,well the way our ladies are treading majority of them will ended up been single.
Before nkor...
Re: Why Do Naija Girls In America Like To Give Guys The Run Around? by Metalgoong(m): 1:50am On Feb 16, 2013
@OP

I disagree with you. I'm a student, and I have had good rapport with most of Nigerian girls I have met here in America. You need to have the right game that neutralizes their attitude which they use to cover their insecurities. And I must tell you, they are fun to be with if you know how to handle them. grin
Re: Why Do Naija Girls In America Like To Give Guys The Run Around? by chiyex(m): 7:45pm On Feb 16, 2013
Metalgoong: @OP

I disagree with you. I'm a student, and I have had good rapport with most of Nigerian girls I have met here in America. You need to have the right game that neutralizes their attitude which they use to cover their insecurities. And I must tell you, they are fun to be with if you know how to handle them. grin

having rapport with them is not an issue. i am talking about other relationship.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Do Men Buy Sex Or Patronise Prostitutes? / Ladies How To Earn Your Respect From Guys / Which Is The Correct Order In Relationship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.