Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,354 members, 7,957,946 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 05:08 AM

Ex Husband Got The Divorce Letter And He Suddenly Wants Reconciliation. - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Ex Husband Got The Divorce Letter And He Suddenly Wants Reconciliation. (22046 Views)

When Your Nanny/househelp Suddenly Becomes An Ally To The Neighbours! / Incredible! Read The Best Divorce Letter I Have Seen Exchanged By A Couple / PLEASE HELP: I Want My Ex - Husband Back (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ex Husband Got The Divorce Letter And He Suddenly Wants Reconciliation. by s25million: 1:29am On Feb 15, 2013
baby_123:

hahahahaha. You are very smart and full of insight. No wonder only traditional marriage was done. The physical abuse aspect is sad, but this girl reacts like a screw is loose. Doesnt seem like she understands english too well. You didnt fall for the hype. Good for you. She better heed your advice. All these fake alarms. Do you want a cookie OP? So he wants you back? What should we do? Buy you a trophy? Better go and do court wedding, since when did traditional go to court Story land.
your head dey there jor. Too much intelligence
Re: Ex Husband Got The Divorce Letter And He Suddenly Wants Reconciliation. by Nobody: 1:29am On Feb 15, 2013
What a Battlefield ( I will expose you, 419, who cares? keep your visas , social securities and master-cards away from predators make we hear word)

.... It boogies mind when a faceless username can judge a man they don't know from Adam just cause , there're 2 sides of every story they say,

So this is my only concern now about this abusive marriages; Do they all have the same ending? or in another words , the abusive spouse never change ? No benefit of doubt? nor second chances ever? Hum again ... the doors must be shut on theirs faces for good? I hope you get my point.

Sorry again Debrief, would you have taken your ex back if you hadn't met your man? after all he's a changed man now, ( according to you) could it be Prettycindy's hubby is in that stage( repentance) now too? We can only guess right ? coulda, shoulda, woulda.

Are they monsters for life? No more chances?... are they.... I'm out of questions undecided Debrief puleasee answer me or older person like JD

ANYBODY embarassed
Re: Ex Husband Got The Divorce Letter And He Suddenly Wants Reconciliation. by Nobody: 8:20am On Feb 15, 2013
Re: Ex Husband Got The Divorce Letter And He Suddenly Wants Reconciliation. by bukatyne(f): 8:47am On Feb 15, 2013
biolabee:
hmmmmmm.. true but not all the time

Some pple have issues with their spouse but are good providers to their kids
I know someone who does this exactly.. no form of spousal support which i do not agree but he does the best for his kid
However the op has made up her mind and just needed a sounding board
And what would such a father pass on to his kids? If he was bad to his kids, they would grow up and determine not to be like their father. The kid you are referring to will adopt his/her father as his/her role model and become a very bad spouse except if they are exposed to other loving families.
Re: Ex Husband Got The Divorce Letter And He Suddenly Wants Reconciliation. by Nobody: 11:16am On Feb 15, 2013
officially ignoring the attention seeking, busy-body hypocrite (you know yourself wink )

1 Like

Re: Ex Husband Got The Divorce Letter And He Suddenly Wants Reconciliation. by Nobody: 11:17am On Feb 15, 2013
$25 million:
your head dey there jor. Too much intelligence

So you are still talking you this cretin?
Re: Ex Husband Got The Divorce Letter And He Suddenly Wants Reconciliation. by biolabee(m): 12:42pm On Feb 15, 2013
bukatyne: And what would such a father pass on to his kids? If he was bad to his kids, they would grow up and determine not to be like their father. The kid you are referring to will adopt his/her father as his/her role model and become a very bad spouse except if they are exposed to other loving families.

what constitutes a bad husband differs from person to person
The fact that a woman calls me a bad husband does not make me a bad father
Our relationship did just not work out
Its just like some people Sani Abacha was a devil
He was a loving person to some people

only few people are truly bad people
Dont let the hype of a black mad woman tell you otherwise

The OP has ruled out reconciliation of any sort. that is her choice
She is quiet on the relationship of the boy to his father. Still her choice anyway
She better be careful the way she plays it. If the child grows up and feels his mum unjustly deprived him of paternal affection, it could back fire

Ahtuuu

1 Like

Re: Ex Husband Got The Divorce Letter And He Suddenly Wants Reconciliation. by Vavavoom(m): 3:01pm On Feb 15, 2013
Marriage can become a burden of irreedemable difference to parties in the union. As such situations unfold when in - subjects which questions the will to sacrifce and tolerate to a varying threshold. How much one goes before their breakpoint differs with circumstance. A wo(man) might go the whole 9 yard and end up Pristoriusesque...the thing is none can say from the beginning how a marriage will end. It is a journey with tell-tale signs, flashes of harmony filled with moments of detest. Like a rundown car battery sometimes it requires recharging to get the marital cells working at blissful norm again.

But how much, how far should a wo(man)take before such irreconcilable differnece is brought before a judge? Or should one whittle and degrade in eternal hope of a turnaround until such a time their partner comes around? The matter truthfully is complex especially when the child(ren)factor come(s) is considered along side any miscarriage of justice.

Reading the Ops single story one can come to a quick conlcusion that their union has cross the rubicon - the point of no return, of irreconcilable difference, one she can no longer sacrfice nor tolerate. For her the batteries of togetherness are no longer rechargable. As one in the union, she has earn every right to dissolution if unsatisfied. I begrudge her not.

My question to many here: What do we do with serious tell-tale signs in periods of our courtship?
Do we just hope negative attitudes, traits will go away when we achieve unionship? A wo(man) doesn't become an abuser overnight, how much were we willing to overlook, hoped to change,in our bid to get married?

1 Like

Re: Ex Husband Got The Divorce Letter And He Suddenly Wants Reconciliation. by Nobody: 6:45pm On Feb 18, 2013
PrettyCindy:

You are obviously the type who comes to nairaland and say "i will not believe this story till i hear from the other person". For christsake, this is Nairaland not Lindaikeji. Do you expect to get on the phone with the other party and interrogate him/her?
No one on this forum gives a damn what you believe. It doesnt mean anything to me what you believe. You hear?

Secondly, nairaland is full of bullys and abusers. I made it a point not to ever abuse anyone on this forum but the person (s) you referred to deserved it. Did you even bother to read what nonsense she wrote (i hope they havent modified their insultive comments) or you were just interested in my own response? so according to you, its ok to path the back of someone who abuses you for no reason.

Lastly, are you implying that i didnt respect the man i was married to? How dare you?
So in your dictionary of wifehood and motherhood, its ok to justify an abusive and irreponsible husband? So if i had actually caused the reason he physically abused me, to you i deserve it?
Caropy, i weep for you and for your female children.

weep yourself and your son. its better you consider your character before going into another marriage, very rude and thing you can excite everyone on nairaland.

1 Like

Re: Ex Husband Got The Divorce Letter And He Suddenly Wants Reconciliation. by InvertedHammer: 4:26pm On May 05, 2013
bengreat: @Uju,you and $ seem to have known somewhere

$25 collected "something" from Uju and no gree pay...so it seems. He called Uju "a waitress, ashewo" and Uju no contend but kept saying something of "run but can't hide, etc". Throw South Africa into the mix, you will understand the plot.

$25m pay Uju her money. Na where person dey work im dey chop. If u do, you must pay.

A jilted woman and misery...Ok ooo
Re: Ex Husband Got The Divorce Letter And He Suddenly Wants Reconciliation. by nwababy: 5:37pm On May 05, 2013
For doubting thomas,I just asked by sis that's a lawyer and she said you can go to customary court if the bride's price refused to be taken.Ireading and do less of commenting.don't like talking much.but before I continue with my reading,I hav a word for the $man.I think you are one of the hiden bad husband that refuse to show their true color till they marry and may God caste you out in open place and unveil who you really are and stop hiding as $man yourself with your real name;so that good women will not run into you like Solomon Akiyesi.I pray God will give women the inner eyes to recognise the kill joy as husband IJN.
Re: Ex Husband Got The Divorce Letter And He Suddenly Wants Reconciliation. by Princesszoe: 11:09am On May 06, 2013
Amen. I reject wicked and cheating husband. May my heavenly father grant me the desire of my heart. Psalm 20.
Re: Ex Husband Got The Divorce Letter And He Suddenly Wants Reconciliation. by biolabee(m): 11:22am On May 06, 2013
Since it's prayer time make me add my own join

May God also grant men escape from women who pretend during courtship
- those with failed wombs,shrews etc
Re: Ex Husband Got The Divorce Letter And He Suddenly Wants Reconciliation. by Nobody: 3:36pm On May 06, 2013
InvertedHammer:

$25 collected "something" from Uju and no gree pay...so it seems. He called Uju "a waitress, ashewo" and Uju no contend but kept saying something of "run but can't hide, etc". Throw South Africa into the mix, you will understand the plot.

$25m pay Uju her money. Na where person dey work im dey chop. If u do, you must pay.

A jilted woman and misery...Ok ooo

Another coward hiding behind a new ID to 'gather' the courage to talk to me. . . undecided
SMH!
Re: Ex Husband Got The Divorce Letter And He Suddenly Wants Reconciliation. by adaxxy: 5:35pm On Mar 29, 2015
My dear move on he's s stupid man,face your life
and care for your baby for the fact that he raised his hands when you were pregnant is enough for you to take a walk when you still can,

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

How Do I Instill Boldness And Confidence In My Daughters? / Please Help Me Clarify This Issue Of Marriage Certificate / Woman Delivers After Two-Years Pregnancy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.