Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,014 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:22 AM

Ex Husband Got The Divorce Letter And He Suddenly Wants Reconciliation. - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Ex Husband Got The Divorce Letter And He Suddenly Wants Reconciliation. (21766 Views)

When Your Nanny/househelp Suddenly Becomes An Ally To The Neighbours! / Incredible! Read The Best Divorce Letter I Have Seen Exchanged By A Couple / PLEASE HELP: I Want My Ex - Husband Back (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ex Husband Got The Divorce Letter And He Suddenly Wants Reconciliation. by PrettyCindy(f): 12:28am On Feb 14, 2013
DMainMan:

u de mynd dose mods. Even a 7year old knows dis is a c. ock and bull story.

It is not a co.c.k and bull story.
Re: Ex Husband Got The Divorce Letter And He Suddenly Wants Reconciliation. by Nobody: 12:42am On Feb 14, 2013
Truckpusher: OP you don't sound married to me at all.If you guys were married that long with a pregnancy that resulted to a child and you're talking abt it as if it's some kind of soap opera, that means you're not a serious person just like the picture you're trying to paint abt him, because i don't just see the emotion attached to your story.... after passing through hell like you claimed there should be some level seriousness and emotions or is this another cooked story deliberately prepared for NL's gullible members?

Abi oooo
Re: Ex Husband Got The Divorce Letter And He Suddenly Wants Reconciliation. by tellwsdom: 12:52am On Feb 14, 2013
PrettyCindy:

i cant start all over again. I have talked alot about it here.
If you are interested, go to my profile and look for the topic ' am a single mum, can i still find true love'. Patiently read, you will get the gist.

I did not bring it up for discussion, just jisting. Am not looking for any one to convince me to go back. Ok. just want to entertain you guys with some real life drama.

Oh ok..But can i hug and kiss u?? wink wink
Re: Ex Husband Got The Divorce Letter And He Suddenly Wants Reconciliation. by Tinkybabe(f): 1:00am On Feb 14, 2013
Truckpusher: OP you don't sound married to me at all.If you guys were married that long with a pregnancy that resulted to a child and you're talking abt it as if it's some kind of soap opera, that means you're not a serious person just like the picture you're trying to paint abt him, because i don't just see the emotion attached to your story.... after passing through hell like you claimed there should be some level seriousness and emotions or is this another cooked story deliberately prepared for NL's gullible members?

so because she went through all that she should be moping around nairaland for what reason exactly?,This is a woman who has been through a lot, been able to pick herself up, dust herself and move on with her life.She is a strong woman who isn't here to garner pity but share her story for others to learn..I'd say that she's in fact a successful woman in that regard

OP..I'm glad you're back on your feet and doing well for yourself.

14 Likes

Re: Ex Husband Got The Divorce Letter And He Suddenly Wants Reconciliation. by Nobody: 1:03am On Feb 14, 2013
prettycindy, i think i have read some of your posts before. I am sorry to say, my deductions from the past post especially the one you talk about you baby being left-handed, the way you replied a comment even when the lady dont really mean it really look rude to me and if that is the same attitude you portray to your ex husband,then am not surprise. Now, this is where am going, i am from middle belt married to a yoruba man, (though my mum is yoruba), one thing i notice from these yoruba people is respect (they eat it like food), and this i know is not what is common from the south east you come from. now you paint it all that you have no fault in the breaking away but that is hard for me to believe. i will not blame the man until i hear his own side of the story (I ONLY BLAME HIME FOR THE ABUSE, THAT IS IF NO BE YOU FIRST START AM).

my advise for you before thinking of another man:
1: consider your waysssssssssssssssss
2: if you know you cant give respect, stay off from yorubas and the likes.
3: be humble and be respectful to your husband no matter the tribe.

am sorry if am hash sha. How is your left-handed baby? hope he is doing well with it?

6 Likes

Re: Ex Husband Got The Divorce Letter And He Suddenly Wants Reconciliation. by Nobody: 1:05am On Feb 14, 2013
Going to badoo.com straight grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Ex Husband Got The Divorce Letter And He Suddenly Wants Reconciliation. by Nobody: 1:06am On Feb 14, 2013
tellwsdom:

Oh ok..But can i hug and kiss u?? wink wink
hug and kiss her ke! Prettycindy beware of hawks like him º°˚˚˚°º‎​oohh . They may be worse than your ex cheesy
Re: Ex Husband Got The Divorce Letter And He Suddenly Wants Reconciliation. by chigsmith: 1:08am On Feb 14, 2013
@Pretty Cindy
..I believe you have moved on long time ago and "His" case should remain a closed one.
Life ahead has better things to offer and don't give their pleas a second thought. Once beaten twice shy.
Re: Ex Husband Got The Divorce Letter And He Suddenly Wants Reconciliation. by Nobody: 1:13am On Feb 14, 2013
chigsmith: @Pretty Cindy
..I believe you have moved on long time ago and "His" case should remain a closed one.
Life ahead has better things to offer and don't give their pleas a second thought. Once beaten twice shy.
You do not believe in repentance ?
Re: Ex Husband Got The Divorce Letter And He Suddenly Wants Reconciliation. by Mization(m): 1:14am On Feb 14, 2013
Pls move on with your life, I know Change is the only constant thing in life but I can bet that man can't drop all of those bad attitudes in his lifetime So pls find a better life for u and ur kid from a God sent.
Re: Ex Husband Got The Divorce Letter And He Suddenly Wants Reconciliation. by linearity: 1:22am On Feb 14, 2013
Giving what you have described, maybe he is trying to protect his assets. He might be looking at the financial implications of a divorce hence he does not want to go through it.

You might be surprise if you offer not to seek child support, sponsor support and any kind of property sharing, etc; he might agree to the divorce. You guys have lived more than a year apart, so each person must have with them their various valuables in term of cash, property, business, etc....
Re: Ex Husband Got The Divorce Letter And He Suddenly Wants Reconciliation. by chigsmith: 1:23am On Feb 14, 2013
Billyonaire: You do not believe in repentance ?

I do believe in repentance and forgiveness more than you think. But if you have read her initial story and this current one, then care has to be taken.

I believe he wants reconciliation because the issue divorce was raised recently. Ask yourself "What if it was not raised now, do you think the issue of reconciliation would have arisen?"

It is purely logical.
Re: Ex Husband Got The Divorce Letter And He Suddenly Wants Reconciliation. by Truckpusher(m): 1:31am On Feb 14, 2013
Tinkybabe:

so because she went through all that she should be moping around nairaland for what reason exactly?,This is a woman who has been through a lot, been able to pick herself up, dust herself and move on with her life.She is a strong woman who isn't here to garner pity but share her story for others to learn..I'd say that she's in fact a successful woman in that regard

OP..I'm glad you're back on your feet and doing well for yourself.
so sorry abt that i actually posted that stuff before i saw her profile and i believed she's saying the truth...*holds Tinkybabe by the hand*
*hugs her while smooching her at the same time and she got carried away by my simplicity and humility*
*grabs her and tossed her into my dirtiest truck ever and truckpush the little disrespectful thing to river Njaba* lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Ex Husband Got The Divorce Letter And He Suddenly Wants Reconciliation. by Nobody: 1:34am On Feb 14, 2013
Are u still single??
Re: Ex Husband Got The Divorce Letter And He Suddenly Wants Reconciliation. by Nobody: 1:35am On Feb 14, 2013
Op, do you mean to say no man has been trimming the weeds in your garden all this while?

Jesus Christ forgave the adulterous woman when he challenge her prosecutors saying to them let the man that has not committed sin akin to hers be the first to cast a stone and at that instance they all dispersed.

The bible made us to believe that whoever believe he/she is without sin is a hypocrite and a lair.

For while we are yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Christians believe that challenges must come since the devil is still good at his work yet we must not waiver but remain steady fast.

How many times will someone hurt you and you seek for revenge and Christ said 70x70x70.

If you are a Christian, forgive and give your child a father.

Ekwu cha gwom...kpon kwem!
Re: Ex Husband Got The Divorce Letter And He Suddenly Wants Reconciliation. by Nobody: 1:44am On Feb 14, 2013
Congrats OP for starting your successful business and for your courage. All the best to you.
Re: Ex Husband Got The Divorce Letter And He Suddenly Wants Reconciliation. by s25million: 2:30am On Feb 14, 2013
PrettyCindy: Nairalanders abeg make una see drama ooooo!

We were married for about 8months. We seperated one year and eight months ago when i was about 3months pregnant. Since then till date, he never asked about my child, dont even know the colour of my child's skin. We made several attempts to return the bride price he paid (only married traditionally) but they refused to accept it.

So i decided to opt for divorce. The divorce petition was sent to him through my cousin. My cousin said ex husband was shocked to his root when he saw the topic of the letter. Said he wasn't expecting such.

For reasons i dont understand, my cousin who is married gave ex husband his phone number. And ever since then, ex husband and his family members have been bombarding him with calls pleading with him to plead with my family that they want reconciliation and settlement.

As far as i'm concerned, its all drama.

That man maltreated me so much that thinking about it now is making me sick.

What is the purpose of this thread, nothing much. Just want talk out my mind jare.......
Give your kid a father, a remorseful one for that matter. Prioritise your kid over emotions. People have gone through worse situations and forgave. Disregard the sore loosers here hardening your heart. Life's too short miss, not forgiving makes you equally as evil as he presumably was.
Re: Ex Husband Got The Divorce Letter And He Suddenly Wants Reconciliation. by DrDoGood1(m): 2:36am On Feb 14, 2013
@OP, i need to test your condo before i comment further on this tread, because am suspecting that ur condo is not too ok may be that is the cause of the whole problem. Guy man need tight condo not the one that was used for business before and thousand of people have enter there and now the stuff is telling for itself. Anyway just be fair to urself, how is ur condo?
Re: Ex Husband Got The Divorce Letter And He Suddenly Wants Reconciliation. by SisiKill1: 2:59am On Feb 14, 2013
Hilarious thread!! cheesy cheesy

OP I am not laughing at your situation oh...I am laughing at the responses from some men.

Why do y'all seem so affected by the fact that a woman whose husband left her isn't moping around, on the verge of suicide?!! cheesy cheesy

@ OP
The reason why your hubby seems shell shocked by your decision to get rid of him is the same reason some men on this thread are taking it personally. Our Society has convinced them that a woman can do nothing. . .absolutely nothing without a man. cry

Heck Nollywood reinforces this delusion in every single movie its ever made, movies where the men are absolute douchbags, they get do whatever they want, treat women like absolute shite and in the end they go back to them (not contrite oh, nah. . .he comes back with an air of "I am doing you a favor" so you berra recognize) and what does the woman do. . .she falls to her knees and thanks her God for "overcoming"

She goes around shoulder's held high (because it is glued to her cheeks from when her hubby and/or his mistress poured acid on her) her eyes gleaming (because it has been replaced with a glass eye after he punched it out) and her mouth in a perpetual smirk (The mouth tends to take that shape when it is used for target practice) feeling cool with herself that she got her hubby back. Yes ke, how do you like 'em apples cool cool

Dear OP, your hubby (like some men on this thread) are confused. . .this is not how it is supposed to be gaddamit! angry angry

When. . .When. . .did a woman start putting herself first? How. . .when. . .did we land on Bizzaro world?!!

You see how you have thrown a wrench and scatter balanced their entire belief system? I'll run for cover if I were you. . .you just disturbed a hornet's nest. cheesy

10 Likes

Re: Ex Husband Got The Divorce Letter And He Suddenly Wants Reconciliation. by olatomiwa(f): 3:15am On Feb 14, 2013
ifihearam:

where you a slave before?
so if you have made up your mind not to return to him,why are you telling us na.
you could have just walked by...your response sounds as if you are an abusive partner too. Did she touch a raw nerve?

3 Likes

Re: Ex Husband Got The Divorce Letter And He Suddenly Wants Reconciliation. by Nobody: 3:17am On Feb 14, 2013
Sisi_Kill:

Why do y'all seem so affected by the fact that a woman whose husband left her isn't moping around, on the verge of suicide?!! cheesy cheesy

@ OP
The reason why your hubby seems shell shocked by your decision to get rid of him is the same reason some men on this thread are taking it personally. Our Society has convinced them that a woman can do nothing. . .absolutely nothing without a man. cry

Dear OP, your hubby (like some men on this thread) are confused. . .this is not how it is supposed to be gaddamit! angry angry

When. . .When. . .did a woman start putting herself first? How. . .when. . .did we land on Bizzaro world?!!

Nailed it!!

Oh, by the way, forgiveness and 'giving your kid a father' can be done just fine without continuing to suffer abuse in marriage. Just thought I'd fyi.

3 Likes

Re: Ex Husband Got The Divorce Letter And He Suddenly Wants Reconciliation. by Truckpusher(m): 3:18am On Feb 14, 2013
Sisi_Kill: Hilarious thread!! cheesy cheesy

OP I am not laughing at your situation oh...I am laughing at the responses from some men.

@ OP

Heck Nollywood reinforces this delusion in every single movie its ever made, movies where the men are absolute douchbags, they get do whatever they want, treat women like absolute shite and in the end they go back to them (not contrite oh, nah. . .he comes back with an air of "I am doing you a favor" so you berra recognize) and what does the woman do. . .she falls to her knees and thanks her God for "overcoming"

She goes around shoulder's held high (because it is glued to her cheeks from when her hubby and/or his mistress poured acid on her) her eyes gleaming (because it has been replaced with a glass eye after he punched it out) and her mouth in a perpetual smirk (The mouth tends to take that shape when it is used for target practice) feeling cool with herself that she got her hubby back. Yes ke, how do you like 'em apples cool cool

You see how you have thrown a wrench and scatter balanced their entire belief system? I'll run for cover if I were you. . .you just disturbed a hornet's nest. cheesy
grin grin grin grin grin i dey laff you well well and don't ask me why
Re: Ex Husband Got The Divorce Letter And He Suddenly Wants Reconciliation. by BluStreak(m): 3:21am On Feb 14, 2013
PrettyCindy: Like my sister said, you deserve a good and better man.

All the crap about him being a changed person is just story. He wants to trap me so i will be his slave forever.

You have said & heard it all. You don't need this man except your fate is sealed in a perpetual life of misery. He will never change since he isn't even aware of what pushes him to assault you. He therefore will have no control of what he doesn't know. Your life is better-off without him.

Don't go back is my final advice. Please don't.

3 Likes

Re: Ex Husband Got The Divorce Letter And He Suddenly Wants Reconciliation. by Truckpusher(m): 3:34am On Feb 14, 2013
Right here in Nigeria most women are ripping men off all in the name of marriage ,but the moment one marriage fails due to the man's attitude towards his wife all these feminist will come here to spew trash all because they've not caught their own mugu clothed as a husband..mtcheew
Re: Ex Husband Got The Divorce Letter And He Suddenly Wants Reconciliation. by s25million: 3:42am On Feb 14, 2013
ileobatojo:

Nailed it!!

Oh, by the way, forgiveness and 'giving your kid a father' can be done just fine without continuing to suffer abuse in marriage. Just thought I'd fyi.
. What do you understand about tolerance, forgiveness, commitment (not hopping from man A to man B), and character reformation. You constantly sound like you're flawless, though cruel and utterly intolerant. If the coin was turned I know some men who will readily forgive and tolerate the lady despite her ills after humbly apologising and even further help in making her a better person. I honestly do not bloody give a damn what any lousy feminist says or thinks but as long as remorse is in sight, any opposing dogmatic phylosophy is unequivocally an art of cruelty and wickedness making the op even worse off. Apologising spells out humility.
Re: Ex Husband Got The Divorce Letter And He Suddenly Wants Reconciliation. by s25million: 3:47am On Feb 14, 2013
BluStreak:

You have said & heard it all. You don't need this man except your fate is sealed in a perpetual life of misery. He will never change since he isn't even aware of what pushes him to assault you. He therefore will have no control of what he doesn't know. Your life is better-off without him.

Don't go back is my final advice. Please don't.
I'm sorry but you sir are an idi.ot,, who told you the next man would be a saint, he might even be more draconian except offcourse you want her bed-hopping.This freaking world is full of lousy unforgiving cretins damn.
Re: Ex Husband Got The Divorce Letter And He Suddenly Wants Reconciliation. by Truckpusher(m): 4:03am On Feb 14, 2013
$25 million:
I'm sorry but you sir are an idi.ot,, who told you the next man would be a saint, he might even be more draconian except offcourse you want her bed-hopping.This freaking world is full of lousy unforgiving cretins damn.
grin grin grin
Re: Ex Husband Got The Divorce Letter And He Suddenly Wants Reconciliation. by agohavivi(f): 4:13am On Feb 14, 2013
touchmeder:

Sorry just a question,do you really need a divorce from the court for a traditional wedding? Do they do that in customary court or what?
You just answered your question. Such divorce is left to the customary court.
Re: Ex Husband Got The Divorce Letter And He Suddenly Wants Reconciliation. by Nobody: 4:32am On Feb 14, 2013
emma_best2000: go into prayers my sister , listen to the voice of God and do not follow the advice of people , IMO though
to me this is an overgrown kid that needs to be jolted back to reality and for prayers, l sure believe she has but i would want her to pray that a hedge of thorn surround all those gals so that he sees nothing appealing to him from them but she the only object of his heart.
Re: Ex Husband Got The Divorce Letter And He Suddenly Wants Reconciliation. by InvertedHammer: 5:09am On Feb 14, 2013
Judging based on her side of the story?

What prompted the separation in the first place?

Reminds me of a story about a girl that kept telling her boyfriend about
how many men she turned down...the boyfriend then inquired how come she
never mentioned the ones she agreed to.

A lot of people on NL are too emotional to make a good jury.

OP..crucify the guy! You are the only one that knows the truth. Stop seeking
for sympathy from strangers.
Re: Ex Husband Got The Divorce Letter And He Suddenly Wants Reconciliation. by Nobody: 5:18am On Feb 14, 2013
$25 million:
. What do you understand about tolerance, forgiveness, commitment (not hopping from man A to man B), and character reformation. You constantly sound like you're flawless, though cruel and utterly intolerant. If the coin was turned I know some men who will readily forgive and tolerate the lady despite her ills after humbly apologising and even further help in making her a better person. I honestly do not bloody give a damn what any lousy feminist says or thinks but as long as remorse is in sight, any opposing dogmatic phylosophy is unequivocally cruelty and wickedness making the op even worse off. Apologising spells out humility.

You want her to go and endure abuse and suffering not for any personal benefit to herself but so she won't be looked down upon by people like you as hopping from man A to B; and I'm the cruel one? Lmao.

And please highlight what in my post you quoted makes me sound flawless.

In your grossly biased state, I'm sure you completely missed where I gave her leeway to return to him if she feels like things could be better. Unlike you, my primary concern is for the OP's safety, not for the by force carrying of the title mrs to a possible early grave in order to appease sadists like you who are more concerned with your inability to see her as more than a s*exual object.

1 Like

Re: Ex Husband Got The Divorce Letter And He Suddenly Wants Reconciliation. by s25million: 5:27am On Feb 14, 2013
ileobatojo:

You want her to go and endure abuse and suffering not for any personal benefit to herself but so she won't be looked down upon by people like you as hopping from man A to B; and I'm the cruel one? Lmao.

And please highlight what in my post you Tquoted makes me sound flawless.

In your grossly biased state, I'm sure you completely missed where I gave her leeway to return to him if she feels like things could be better. Unlike you my primary concern is for the OP's safety, not for the by force carrying of the title mrs to a possible early grave in order to appease sadists like you who are more concerned with your inability to see her as more than a sexual object.
TYPICAL, signature speaks volume

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

What People Don't Know: Why We Pray With Alligator Pepper And Kolanut / The Roles Of A Father! / Men/guys Plz Stop Encouraging/producing Baby Mamas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.