Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,220 members, 7,818,759 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:41 AM

Understanding "Power To Get Wealth" In The Light Of The New Testament - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Understanding "Power To Get Wealth" In The Light Of The New Testament (20851 Views)

The New Testament Prophets Defined. / Don't Let Anybody Deceive You. Tithing Is The Power To Get Wealth. / Is The New Testament Rightly Labeled New Testament? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Understanding "Power To Get Wealth" In The Light Of The New Testament by Nobody: 5:53pm On Feb 14, 2013
Goshen360:

NOOO, Don't go yet. Lemme blessing you with Apostolic blessing for today. Knee down and receive your blessings grin
NOTHING LIKE SOME BLESSING FROM APOSTLE GOSHEN. * SPRINKLES HOLY WATER * LMAO
Re: Understanding "Power To Get Wealth" In The Light Of The New Testament by Goshen360(m): 5:57pm On Feb 14, 2013
obadiah777: THIS IS JUST A BUNCH OF MUMBO JUMBO. THE OLD STANDS ON ITS OWN AS WELL AS THE NEW STANDS ON ITS OWN. YOU DONT INTERPRET ONE IN LIGHT OF THE OTHER. WHAT YOU DO IS JOIN ONE TO THE OTHER AND LINK UP THE RELEVANT PARTS. SCRIPTURE SAYS 'I COME IN THE VOLUME OF THE BOOK'. SO YOU BEING A NEW TESTAMENT TEACHER IS PREPOSTEROUS.
ISAIAH 28 VS 13 But the word of the LORD was unto them precept upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little;

GOSHEN YOU DO ERR NOT KNOWING HE CAME IN THE VOLUME OF THE BOOK grin

So when you are linking one with the other, WHAT EXACTLY ARE YOU DOING Dancing azonto or wetin una dey call am
Re: Understanding "Power To Get Wealth" In The Light Of The New Testament by Goshen360(m): 5:59pm On Feb 14, 2013
obadiah777: NOTHING LIKE SOME BLESSING FROM APOSTLE GOSHEN. * SPRINKLES HOLY WATER * LMAO

You see your life? Where did I say 'some' blessings? I said, knee down make you receive blessings. I didn't say 'some' blessing. cool
Re: Understanding "Power To Get Wealth" In The Light Of The New Testament by Goshen360(m): 6:01pm On Feb 14, 2013
obadiah777: THIS IS JUST A BUNCH OF MUMBO JUMBO. THE OLD STANDS ON ITS OWN AS WELL AS THE NEW STANDS ON ITS OWN. YOU DONT INTERPRET ONE IN LIGHT OF THE OTHER. WHAT YOU DO IS JOIN ONE TO THE OTHER AND LINK UP THE RELEVANT PARTS. SCRIPTURE SAYS 'I COME IN THE VOLUME OF THE BOOK'. SO YOU BEING A NEW TESTAMENT TEACHER IS PREPOSTEROUS.
ISAIAH 28 VS 13 But the word of the LORD was unto them precept upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little;

GOSHEN YOU DO ERR NOT KNOWING HE CAME IN THE VOLUME OF THE BOOK grin

How the do you interpret this verse,

Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life. - 2 Corinthians 3:6

HOW
Re: Understanding "Power To Get Wealth" In The Light Of The New Testament by Nobody: 6:09pm On Feb 14, 2013
Goshen360:

So when you are linking one with the other, WHAT EXACTLY ARE YOU DOING Dancing azonto or wetin una dey call am
YOU LINK FROM ALL OVER THE BOOK. NO SUCH THING AS SEEING ONE IN THE LIGHT OF THE OTHER. IF AT ALL WE HAVE TO SUBSCRIBE TO YOUR ASSERTION OF SEEING ONE FROM THE OTHER IT IS THE NEW TESTAMENT THAT YOU HAVE TO SEE IN THE LIGHT OF THE OLD BECAUSE THE OLD CONTAINS ALL THE GROUNDWORK AND PLATFORM AND FUNDAMENTALS FOR THE NEW. SPEAKING OF THE AZONTO, THATS ONE LAME DANCE. I AM QUITE PARTIAL TO THE HARLEM-SHAKE MYSELF cheesy
Re: Understanding "Power To Get Wealth" In The Light Of The New Testament by Nobody: 6:11pm On Feb 14, 2013
Goshen360:

You see your life? Where did I say 'some' blessings? I said, knee down make you receive blessings. I didn't say 'some' blessing. cool
A BLESSING, SOME BLESSING, THE BLESSING, BLESSINGS..ITS ALL THE SAME. YOU ARE JUST SPLITTING HAIRS NOW grin grin SPEAKING OF NEW YORK, SHEY HURRICANE SANDY NO REACH UNA SIDE SHA ?
Re: Understanding "Power To Get Wealth" In The Light Of The New Testament by ijawkid(m): 6:14pm On Feb 14, 2013
Goshen please send me an email message.....I lost your email address........cheesy.......
Re: Understanding "Power To Get Wealth" In The Light Of The New Testament by ijawkid(m): 6:19pm On Feb 14, 2013
obadiah777: YOU LINK FROM ALL OVER THE BOOK. NO SUCH THING AS SEEING ONE IN THE LIGHT OF THE OTHER. IF AT ALL WE HAVE TO SUBSCRIBE TO YOUR ASSERTION OF SEEING ONE FROM THE OTHER IT IS THE NEW TESTAMENT THAT YOU HAVE TO SEE IN THE LIGHT OF THE OLD BECAUSE THE OLD CONTAINS ALL THE GROUNDWORK AND PLATFORM AND FUNDAMENTALS FOR THE NEW. SPEAKING OF THE AZONTO, THATS ONE LAME DANCE. I AM QUITE PARTIAL TO THE HARLEM-SHAKE MYSELF cheesy

Hehehehehehehehehe.........azonto aint lame.....I love it.......you could learn etigi too.....grin
Re: Understanding "Power To Get Wealth" In The Light Of The New Testament by Nobody: 6:20pm On Feb 14, 2013
Goshen360:

How the do you interpret this verse,

Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life. - 2 Corinthians 3:6

HOW
2 CORINTHIANS 3 VS 6 IS A FOLLOW ON STATEMENT NOT AN ABSOLUTE STATEMENT. IT SAYS ' WHO ALSO HATH MADE US ABLE MINISTERS OF THE NEW TESTAMENT'. MEANING THERE IS A TESTAMENT BEFORE THAT WHICH HAS ALREADY BEING MASTERED. THIS WILL BE THE OLD TESTAMENT.

AND NOT OF THE LETTER BUT OF THE SPIRIT MEANING WE ARE LED BY THE SPIRIT NOW AND NOT BY THE LAW. THE SPIRIT SHOULD DICTATE TO YOU WHAT IS RIGHT NOW AND NOT WRITTEN LAWS. A BACKING VERSE WOULD BE ROMANS 8 VS 14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God

ROMANS 8 VS 2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death
Re: Understanding "Power To Get Wealth" In The Light Of The New Testament by Nobody: 6:26pm On Feb 14, 2013
Goshen360: King James 2000 Bible (©2003)
But you shall remember the LORD your God: for it is he that gives you power to get wealth, that he may establish his covenant which he swore unto your fathers, as it is this day. - Deuteronomy 8:18

Have you ever wondered why many Christians serve God and are still poor or broke? Hmmmmmmmm. If you're a Christian and yet still poor or broke, this is a word from heaven for you. It is very clear from NT scriptures that God doesn't want us poor. One of the things Christ sacrificed was for us to be made rich (2 Corinthians 8:9). One of the groups Christ was anointed to preach to are the poor (Luke 4:18).

There're two kinds of power as described in scriptures.

1. Power as it is in Deuteronomy 8:18
2. Power as it is in Acts 1:8.

Many church folk thinks when they receive power as in Acts 1:8, they speak in tongues and witness unto the Lord etc they automatically will have wealth. NO! You can receive power as in Acts 1:8, speak in tongues, witness unto the Lord and still be poor or broke. It doesn't mean you ain't gonna pay your bills. Permit me to say, spirituality is not to cover up for reality. Christianity is not an allusion to reality. Christianity is more than speaking in tongues, shouting, jumping etc without getting results. You can go to worship places on Sunday, shout, praise, sing, speak in tongues and witness etc, the reality is that you still got bills and expenses to take care of.

Now, what power is God talking about in Deuteronomy that doesn't equal the power in Acts. The power in Deuteronomy is from the Hebrew word Koach that conveys a meaning to be wisdom, understanding, skill, bodily strength, knowledge, insight, ideas and opportunities.

The power in Acts 1:8 is the Greek word dynamis that conveys its meaning as inherent power, power residing in a thing by virtue of its nature, or which a person or thing exerts and puts forth. This type of power doesn't convey the container or carrier but the power that resides within.

There is a difference between both power. God wasn't talking about power as it is in Acts 1:8 in Deuteronomy because Jesus had not come and be glorified yet for the Holy Spirit to give the power as it is in Acts 1:8, dynamis. So, when God speaks of power to get wealth to you - He speaks of skills, ideas, knowledge, insight, opportunities that will birth you wealth. It has nothing to do with speaking in tongues. Do you serve God and still live poor and can't pay your bills and expenses?

Look around you and stop waiting on God but see God in every opportunities, in ideas, insight, skills etc. God doesn't send the Holy Spirit to rain down money on you - He gives you insights, ideas, knowledge, opportunities etc that will eventually give you money or wealth. Somebody had an idea years back and that idea was to connect people globally via facebook. Today, we speak of him as a wealthy person. Somebody saw the needs in the society, and turned it into an opportunity, today we speak of them as wealthy people. Somebody came up with an insight to put sandwiches together, today we speak of Subway as a wealthy person. It's not enough to have faith, your faith must follow up with a corresponding action. There's opportunity all around you as I speak to you. Don't neglect that idea you had in the past. Don't neglect that opportunity, that insight, that skills. Think and let God's wealth be transfered to you!

New Living Translation (©2007)
Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect. - Romans 12:2

God bless you!

You want to bring wealth back into the church and yet the book you read from contradicts itself " THE LORD WILL GIVE YOU WEALTH" and also says "MONEY IS THE ROOT OF ALL EVIL" . Isn't that contradicting? Which means if money is the root of all evil and and you make a lot of money that means you will be evil. if you don't want to be evil... so don't make any money. Wasn't that the preaching of the church back in the days?

You are right by admitting positive thinking will attract wealth(not faith in God) because the God mind ( which is creation,consciousness,energy,life,love) you are talking about is neutral. It will simply allow you to be whatever you chose or think of all the time. If you want wealth and you gonna hold onto it,you will likely not get it. Why? because the universe will not give you more than what you can handle.

Let go of every negative belief systems that makes you fear,demands certain things before you can get another.

One more thing. Money shouldn't be the focus but ABUNDANCE. Abundance is the ability to do whatever you want at any given time.
Re: Understanding "Power To Get Wealth" In The Light Of The New Testament by Nobody: 6:32pm On Feb 14, 2013
ijawkid:

Hehehehehehehehehe.........azonto aint lame.....I love it.......you could learn etigi too.....grin
LOL CHIEF FIELD MARSHALL CEO ALHAJI DR HONORABLE IJAWKID I TROWAY SALUTE SIR. BEEN A WHILE AINT IT ? I DONT KNOW ABOUT AZONTO AND ETIGI. SCRIPTURE DO SAY DO NOT GO INTO THE WAYS OF THE HEATHENS grin grin grin
Re: Understanding "Power To Get Wealth" In The Light Of The New Testament by Nobody: 6:37pm On Feb 14, 2013
ifeness:

You want to bring wealth back into the church and yet the book you read from contradicts itself " THE LORD WILL GIVE YOU WEALTH" and also says "MONEY IS THE ROOT OF ALL EVIL" . Isn't that contradicting? Which means if money is the root of all evil and and you make a lot of money that means you will be evil. if you don't want to be evil... so don't make any money. Wasn't that the preaching of the church back in the days?

You are right by admitting positive thinking will attract wealth(not faith in God) because the God mind ( which is creation,consciousness,energy,life,love) you are talking about is neutral. It will simply allow you to be whatever you chose or think of all the time. If you want wealth and you gonna hold onto it,you will likely not get it. Why? because the universe will not give you more than what you can handle.

Let go of every negative belief systems that makes you fear,demands certain things before you can get another.

One more thing. Money shouldn't be the focus but ABUNDANCE. Abundance is the ability to do whatever you want at any given time.

ARE YOU INTO SCIENTOLOGY NEW AGEISM ETC ETC ? LOL HOLY CRAP
Re: Understanding "Power To Get Wealth" In The Light Of The New Testament by Chrisbenogor(m): 6:39pm On Feb 14, 2013
Chai another private jet pastor in the making, news flash your church is saying the right things in the wrong location.
Re: Understanding "Power To Get Wealth" In The Light Of The New Testament by Goshen360(m): 6:50pm On Feb 14, 2013
obadiah777: 2 CORINTHIANS 3 VS 6 IS A FOLLOW ON STATEMENT NOT AN ABSOLUTE STATEMENT. IT SAYS ' WHO ALSO HATH MADE US ABLE MINISTERS OF THE NEW TESTAMENT'. MEANING THERE IS A TESTAMENT BEFORE THAT WHICH HAS ALREADY BEING MASTERED. THIS WILL BE THE OLD TESTAMENT.

AND NOT OF THE LETTER BUT OF THE SPIRIT MEANING WE ARE LED BY THE SPIRIT NOW AND NOT BY THE LAW. THE SPIRIT SHOULD DICTATE TO YOU WHAT IS RIGHT NOW AND NOT WRITTEN LAWS. A BACKING VERSE WOULD BE ROMANS 8 VS 14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God

ROMANS 8 VS 2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death

You and this your azonto dancing around sef. The Bible is a progressing revelation. When Jesus revealed things concerning himself to his disciples FROM MOSES TO THE PROPHETS, did he show to them from Acts, or from Romans or from Ephesians? What you have in the OLD is ALL concealed. It is the New that revealed it. For instance, the argument of Grace and law is concealed in Sarah and Hagar. Apostle Paul by the Spirit and revelation of God revealed it. Such as many of the same thing concealed in the Old but revealed in the New.
Re: Understanding "Power To Get Wealth" In The Light Of The New Testament by Nobody: 6:51pm On Feb 14, 2013
obadiah777: ARE YOU INTO SCIENTOLOGY NEW AGEISM ETC ETC ? LOL HOLY CRAP

Sounds strange to you?
Re: Understanding "Power To Get Wealth" In The Light Of The New Testament by Nobody: 7:04pm On Feb 14, 2013
Goshen360:

You and this your azonto dancing around sef. The Bible is a progressing revelation. When Jesus revealed things concerning himself to his disciples FROM MOSES TO THE PROPHETS, did he show to them from Acts, or from Romans or from Ephesians? What you have in the OLD is ALL concealed. It is the New that revealed it. For instance, the argument of Grace and law is concealed in Sarah and Hagar. Apostle Paul by the Spirit and revelation of God revealed it. Such as many of the same thing concealed in the Old but revealed in the New.
YOU DO KNOW THAT THE FIRST FRUITS WERE SELECTED BY THE LAWS OF THE OLD TESTAMENT RIGHT ? THE CONCEALMENT HAPPENED WHEN THE WORLD WAS HANDED TO THE BABYLONIAN EMPIRE ON DOWN TO THE ROMAN EMPIRE ( WHICH WE ARE IN NOW ). AND THEN IN THE LAST DAYS THE WORD WILL BE OPENED ( BOTH OLD AND NEW TESTAMENT ). SO THE WORDS WERE BOTH OPENED AT THE SAME TIME. SO I DONT UNDERSTAND WHERE YOU ARE COMING FROM WITH YOUR HYPOTHESIS. THE BIBLE IS ONE WHOLE BOOK. THERE IS NO DIVISION. RELIGION HAS CONFUSED YOU INTO THINKING IT IS 2 DIFFERENT BOOKS. THE OLD TESTAMENT IS FROM LIKE 10,000 BC TO 100 BC WHILE THE NEW TESTAMENT IS FROM LIKE 100 BC TO CURRENT DAY 2013 AND THEN BEYOND. IT IS A CONTINUOUS BOOK. NOT TWO DIFFERENT BOOKS FROM WHICH ONE HAS TO BE SEEN IN THE LIGHT OF THE OTHER. undecided
Re: Understanding "Power To Get Wealth" In The Light Of The New Testament by Ishilove: 7:05pm On Feb 14, 2013
obadiah777: LOL CHIEF FIELD MARSHALL CEO ALHAJI DR HONORABLE IJAWKID I TROWAY SALUTE SIR. BEEN A WHILE AINT IT ? I DONT KNOW ABOUT AZONTO AND ETIGI. SCRIPTURE DO SAY DO NOT GO INTO THE WAYS OF THE HEATHENS grin grin grin
Aw c'mon buzu my love, stop sounding like you gat a stick stuck up your asss. grin
Re: Understanding "Power To Get Wealth" In The Light Of The New Testament by Nobody: 7:08pm On Feb 14, 2013
Ishilove:
Aw c'mon buzu my love, stop sounding like you gat a stick stuck up your asss. grin
OUCH THAT SOUNDS PAINFUL. cry A STICK STUCK UP MY ASSSS THAT IS grin . I WOULD SAY HAPPY VALAMTIME BUT SCRIPTURE DO SAY DO NOT GO INTO THE WAYS OF THE HEATHEN. AS SUCH VALAMTIME IS HEATHENISTIC AND PAGAN. ALTHOUGH ON SATURDAY I WOULD WISH YOU HAPPY SABBATH DAY grin
Re: Understanding "Power To Get Wealth" In The Light Of The New Testament by Goshen360(m): 7:11pm On Feb 14, 2013
obadiah777: YOU DO KNOW THAT THE FIRST FRUITS WERE SELECTED BY THE LAWS OF THE OLD TESTAMENT RIGHT ? THE CONCEALMENT HAPPENED WHEN THE WORLD WAS HANDED TO THE BABYLONIAN EMPIRE ON DOWN TO THE ROMAN EMPIRE ( WHICH WE ARE IN NOW ). AND THEN IN THE LAST DAYS THE WORD WILL BE OPENED ( BOTH OLD AND NEW TESTAMENT ). SO THE WORDS WERE BOTH OPENED AT THE SAME TIME. SO I DONT UNDERSTAND WHERE YOU ARE COMING FROM WITH YOUR HYPOTHESIS. THE BIBLE IS ONE WHOLE BOOK. THERE IS NO DIVISION. RELIGION HAS CONFUSED YOU INTO THINKING IT IS 2 DIFFERENT BOOKS. THE OLD TESTAMENT IS FROM LIKE 10,000 BC TO 100 BC WHILE THE NEW TESTAMENT IS FROM LIKE 100 BC TO CURRENT DAY 2013 AND THEN BEYOND. IT IS A CONTINUOUS BOOK. NOT TWO DIFFERENT BOOKS FROM WHICH ONE HAS TO BE SEEN IN THE LIGHT OF THE OTHER. undecided

You're confused bro grin Why do you have Old and New in the ONE bible then? You see how you entered my thread and turned it into something else? I'm here to deal with you anyways grin

King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
And he said unto them, This is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many. - Mark 14:24

When God speaks of a "new" covenant, it means he has made the first one obsolete. It is now out of date and will soon disappear. - Hebrews 8:13
Re: Understanding "Power To Get Wealth" In The Light Of The New Testament by Nobody: 7:12pm On Feb 14, 2013
ifeness:

Sounds strange to you?
YEAH YOU ARE A VERY STRANGE MAN IFENESS sad
Re: Understanding "Power To Get Wealth" In The Light Of The New Testament by Goshen360(m): 7:15pm On Feb 14, 2013
obadiah777: OUCH THAT SOUNDS PAINFUL. cry A STICK STUCK UP MY ASSSS THAT IS grin . I WOULD SAY HAPPY VALAMTIME BUT SCRIPTURE DO SAY DO NOT GO INTO THE WAYS OF THE HEATHEN. AS SUCH VALAMTIME IS HEATHENISTIC AND PAGAN. ALTHOUGH ON SATURDAY I WOULD WISH YOU HAPPY SABBATH DAY grin

So you also teach sabbath for Christians right? shocked
Re: Understanding "Power To Get Wealth" In The Light Of The New Testament by Ishilove: 7:16pm On Feb 14, 2013
obadiah777: OUCH THAT SOUNDS PAINFUL. cry A STICK STUCK UP MY ASSSS THAT IS grin . I WOULD SAY HAPPY VALAMTIME BUT SCRIPTURE DO SAY DO NOT GO INTO THE WAYS OF THE HEATHEN. AS SUCH VALAMTIME IS HEATHENISTIC AND PAGAN.
That makes the two us smiley

Btw, I really wish you'd stop writing in all caps. It's really painful to the eye and makes following your posts difficult.
Re: Understanding "Power To Get Wealth" In The Light Of The New Testament by Nobody: 7:17pm On Feb 14, 2013
obadiah777: YEAH YOU ARE A VERY STRANGE MAN IFENESS sad

I find you strange as well. I think you are very intelligent and will do better without your belief system. Let go of it and see how light you will become smiley The truth can never be taught but realised.
Re: Understanding "Power To Get Wealth" In The Light Of The New Testament by Nobody: 7:19pm On Feb 14, 2013
Goshen360:

You're confused bro grin Why do you have Old and New in the ONE bible then? You see how you entered my thread and turned it into something else? I'm here to deal with you anyways grin

When God speaks of a "new" covenant, it means he has made the first one obsolete. It is now out of date and will soon disappear. - Hebrews 8:13
AHHH BUT YOU DO ERR. A NEW CONVENANT IS DIFFERENT FROM A NEW TESTAMENT. NOW I SEE WHERE YOUR STUMBLING BLOCK IS. A NEW CONVENANT IS WHAT WILL HAPPEN WHEN THE KINGDOM IS ESTABLISHED ON EARTH AND THE NEW CONVENANT IS THAT THE HOUSE OF ISRAEL WILL HAVE THE WORDS INSCRIBED ON THEIR INSIDES ( A SYMBOLIC WAY OF SAYING THEY WILL NOT BE ABLE TO SIN ANYMORE. THEY WILL BE MADE IN SUCH A WAY THAT THE HEART WILL KNOW NO SIN ANYMORE )

JEREMIAH 31 VS 33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people. <<<< NEW CONVENANT WHEN KINGDOM IS ESTABLISHED. CONVENANT IS DIFFERENT FROM TESTAMENT. JUST MEANS A WRITTEN DOCUMENT. SO WE HAVE AN OLD AND A NEW WRITTEN DOCUMENT. THEY ARE CONTINUOUS BUT ONE IS OLD AND ONE IS NEW. NOTHING TO DO WITH CONVENANT. wink PONDER ON THIS POST FOR A MINUTE
Re: Understanding "Power To Get Wealth" In The Light Of The New Testament by Goshen360(m): 7:20pm On Feb 14, 2013
Obadiah777, You see wetin you turn this thread into abi? .....because of that your yeye philosophy. grin I meant something else in the article and you're accusing me of something else. Now your kwaliscious philosophy has turned the thread into a trash can grin Anyway, na because you be my person o, I for weep you seriously grin
Re: Understanding "Power To Get Wealth" In The Light Of The New Testament by Nobody: 7:22pm On Feb 14, 2013
Goshen360:

So you also teach sabbath for Christians right? shocked
WELL I DO NOT TEACH SABABATH. ALTHOUGH I DO OBSERVE THE SABBATH MYSELF BUT I DONT TEACH IT. EVERY MAN HAS TO WORK OUT HIS OWN SALVATION. I TEACH THE BASICS THEN ITS UP TO YOU TO STUDY TO SHOW YOURSELF APPROVED. IF IN YOUR SPIRIT YOU FEEL YOU WANT TO OBSERVE THE SABBATH THEN GOOD, IF NOT, THEN ITS ALSO UP TO YOU. SCRIPTURE SAYS SABBATH WAS MADE FOR MAN AND NOT MAN FOR THE SABBATH wink

1 Like

Re: Understanding "Power To Get Wealth" In The Light Of The New Testament by esere826: 7:24pm On Feb 14, 2013
@OP

Thanks for bringing the scripture Deuteronomy 8:18 to the fore

For me, it reads like this:
God has made a COVENANT with our forbearer that we will be amongst other gifts WEALTHY, he has therfore given us the POWER to acheive this.
We must always keep (REMEMBER) this in mind and mine into it
Re: Understanding "Power To Get Wealth" In The Light Of The New Testament by Nobody: 7:25pm On Feb 14, 2013
Ishilove:
That makes the two us smiley

Btw, I really wish you'd stop writing in all caps. It's really painful to the eye and makes following your posts difficult.
DANG BUT I AM USED TO IT NOW LOL. I AM ADDICTED TO THE CAPS. WITHOUT THE CAPS MY WRITING LOOKS VERY SMALL embarassed
Re: Understanding "Power To Get Wealth" In The Light Of The New Testament by moredendisc: 7:30pm On Feb 14, 2013
ifeness:

@ifeness

Chief, hold on, hold on, the book didn't say "MONEY IS THE ROOT OF ALL EVIL" rather it said

"For the love of money is the root of all kinds of evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows . . .

For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil.
Some people, in their eagerness to get rich, have wandered away from the faith
and caused themselves a lot of pain.
- 1 Timothy 6:10 ISV
Re: Understanding "Power To Get Wealth" In The Light Of The New Testament by Goshen360(m): 7:30pm On Feb 14, 2013
obadiah777: AHHH BUT YOU DO ERR. A NEW CONVENANT IS DIFFERENT FROM A NEW TESTAMENT. NOW I SEE WHERE YOUR STUMBLING BLOCK IS. A NEW CONVENANT IS WHAT WILL HAPPEN WHEN THE KINGDOM IS ESTABLISHED ON EARTH AND THE NEW CONVENANT IS THAT THE HOUSE OF ISRAEL WILL HAVE THE WORDS INSCRIBED ON THEIR INSIDES ( A SYMBOLIC WAY OF SAYING THEY WILL NOT BE ABLE TO SIN ANYMORE. THEY WILL BE MADE IN SUCH A WAY THAT THE HEART WILL KNOW NO SIN ANYMORE )

JEREMIAH 31 VS 33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people. <<<< NEW CONVENANT WHEN KINGDOM IS ESTABLISHED. CONVENANT IS DIFFERENT FROM TESTAMENT. JUST MEANS A WRITTEN DOCUMENT. SO WE HAVE AN OLD AND A NEW WRITTEN DOCUMENT. THEY ARE CONTINUOUS BUT ONE IS OLD AND ONE IS NEW. NOTHING TO DO WITH CONVENANT. wink PONDER ON THIS POST FOR A MINUTE

Buzu, I can't believe you wrote this trash. shocked Jeremiah 31:33 is ALREADY fulfilled in Romans 11:27; 2 Corinthians 3:3; Hebrews 8:10 and Hebrews 10:16 respectively. Jeremiah 31:33 is a promise with the phrase "THIS SHALL BE...I WILL" but in the fulfilling verses I listed, the phrase becomes, "THIS IS..." to fulfill what "SHALL BE and I WILL...". Take your mind of religion please.
Re: Understanding "Power To Get Wealth" In The Light Of The New Testament by Nobody: 7:31pm On Feb 14, 2013
ifeness:

I find you strange as well. I think you are very intelligent and will do better without your belief system. Let go of it and see how light you will become smiley The truth can never be taught but realised.
SAYS THE STRANGE MAN sad grin LET GO OFF MY BELIEF SYSTEM ? JUST WHEN WE ARE INCHES TO THE END OF THE ROAD ?? ALL THESE PROPHESIES COMING TO PAST ALL AROUND US ? THE INTERNAL DISINTEGRATION OF THE LAST EMPIRE ON EARTH ( AMERICA ), THE GATHERING OF THE WORLDS ARMY IN THE VALLEY OF JEHOSHAPHAT ( THE MIDDLE EAST ), THE SYRIAN TURMOIL, IRAN ( THE MEDES ) PROVOKING BABYLON ( AMERICA ) INTO THE THIRDS WORLD WAR, NORTH KOREA TESTING THEIR NUKES AND CHINA AND RUSSIA ALL TESTING THEIR NUKES AND STOCKPILING WEAPONRY, IRAN ALSO STOCKPILING WEAPONRY, THE WHOLE WORLD GEARING UP FOR A THERMONUCLEAR OR-GY IN WHICH THIS WORLD SYSTEM AS WE KNOW IT WOULD BE DESTROYED IN THERMONUCLEAR FIRE. THIS IS WHEN YOU WANT ME TO LET GO OFF MY BELIEF cry cry I ALWAYS KNEW YOU DIDNT LIKE ME IFENESS
Re: Understanding "Power To Get Wealth" In The Light Of The New Testament by Nobody: 7:36pm On Feb 14, 2013
Goshen360: Obadiah777, You see wetin you turn this thread into abi? .....because of that your yeye philosophy. grin I meant something else in the article and you're accusing me of something else. Now your kwaliscious philosophy has turned the thread into a trash can grin Anyway, na because you be my person o, I for weep you seriously grin
grin grin grin HEY SCRIPTURE DO SAY ' AM I MY BROTHERS KEEPER' ? EVEN WHEN I ERR YOU STILL HAVE TO BE MY KEEPER. LMAO

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Please I Need Trinitarians To Explain Hebrews 1:1-3 For Me / Church Of England Appoints Woyin Dorgu As First Black Bishop / MMM: 10 Things That Will Happen To Churches That Promoted Scheme– Pastor Adelaja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.