Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,561 members, 7,820,026 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:38 AM

Senate Gives Jonathan Two Days To Sack Maina - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Gives Jonathan Two Days To Sack Maina (1052 Views)

Bot Gives Jonathan March Deadline To Reject Sheriff / Senate Gives Buhari 2-week Ultimatum To End Fuel Scarcity / 2015: PDP Gives Jonathan 1-week Ultimatum To Declare Interest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senate Gives Jonathan Two Days To Sack Maina by pluto04(m): 8:20pm On Feb 14, 2013
The Senate on Wednesday gave President Goodluck Jonathan a two-day ultimatum within which to sack the Chairman of the Pension Reform Task Team, Mr. Abdulrasheed Maina, from the Federal Civil Service.

The upper legislative chamber said Jonathan risked dire consequences if he failed to end Maina’s stay in office.

Senate President, David Mark, said this after a debate on a motion entitled, “Dismissal of Mr. Abdulrasheed Maina for refusal to appear before the Senate.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/senate-gives-jonathan-two-days-to-sack-maina/
Re: Senate Gives Jonathan Two Days To Sack Maina by pluto04(m): 8:25pm On Feb 14, 2013
I didn't quite understand this. Isn't the senate overreaching itself? With all these orders from the legislature to the executive; sack Bola, sack Arumma, sack Maina, does Nigerian president now report to the Senate? Do the legislators understand the principle of separation of powers at all?
Re: Senate Gives Jonathan Two Days To Sack Maina by Nobody: 8:31pm On Feb 14, 2013
Jonathan never sack ministers wey be subsidy thieves, na Maina im go sack! these senators must be high on dried pumpkin leaves. grin
Re: Senate Gives Jonathan Two Days To Sack Maina by pluto04(m): 8:35pm On Feb 14, 2013
berem: Jonathan never sack ministers wey be subsidy thieves, na Maina im go sack! these senators must be high on dried pumpkin leaves. grin

My main problem with the senators is there approach. Why were they not dishing out these kind of public commandments to OBJ and UMYa?
Re: Senate Gives Jonathan Two Days To Sack Maina by Nobody: 8:42pm On Feb 14, 2013
pluto04:

My main problem with the senators is there approach. Why were they not dishing out these kind of public commandments to OBJ and UMYa?
....because Jonathan is a slowpoke! that is what he gets when he dines with corrupt officials and ex convicts!
Re: Senate Gives Jonathan Two Days To Sack Maina by fkaz(m): 9:58pm On Feb 14, 2013
pluto04: I didn't quite understand this. Isn't the senate overreaching itself? With all these orders from the legislature to the executive; sack Bola, sack Arumma, sack Maina, does Nigerian president now report to the Senate? Do the legislators understand the principle of separation of powers at all?

Yes "SEPARATION OF POWER" both FYI the senate approve their appointment to the executive for appointment.

Both then Azikiwe Jonathan(the retard) need one gud year to decide, not 2 days.
Re: Senate Gives Jonathan Two Days To Sack Maina by kolemm: 10:28pm On Feb 14, 2013
Very true that Jonathan dines and wines with corrupt officials. The senate is most especially not happy with the fact that Maina went on several foreign trips with Jonathan after being served a letter to appear before the senate and Jonathan, knowing this also said nothing and saw nothing wrong with Maina accompanying him to Brazil and Europe.
The senate is also unhappy with the I.G who refused to implement the arrest order against Maina.
Its a fact that Maina has Back-ups. Its also a fact that the senate has lost its respect as MARK's invitation have still not been duly honoured by JEGA and FANI-KAYODE.
Re: Senate Gives Jonathan Two Days To Sack Maina by idlaw2k3(m): 7:32am On Feb 15, 2013
Smh
Re: Senate Gives Jonathan Two Days To Sack Maina by Nobody: 9:41am On Feb 15, 2013
pluto04:

WHAT??!!!! Are you kidding? OBASANJO controls them in that house. If you say rubbish your chances of winning any election in Africa is limited. I don't know how possible it is for anybody to control BABA in dis AFRICA. That man is too Rugged to be control by even david mark.

(1) (Reply)

What Does GEJ Mean By State Of Emergency Yet Governors, Etc Retain Their Powers? / [b]nigerian Legislator’s Pay Dwarfs Rest Of The World[/b] / How I Escaped Plots To Kill Me In Prison – Al-mustapha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.