Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,920 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:07 AM

Pupil Killed While On Teacher’s Errand - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pupil Killed While On Teacher’s Errand (13511 Views)

Wire Abandoned By Electricity Workers Electrocutes 15-year-old Pupil (Picture) / 30 Killed, While 20 Other Seriously Injured In Plateau, Jos. / Shame Of Lagos: Pupil Dies After Falling Into School Pit Toilet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pupil Killed While On Teacher’s Errand by EiE1(f): 11:21pm On Feb 21, 2013
iamswizz: 7th

Mumu! Toad! Fish! Retardeen! You quoted all dat †☺ write jst dat! Irritant! On a topic as dis you stil flaunt your low-iq-base! Ode!!!
Re: Pupil Killed While On Teacher’s Errand by homesteady(m): 11:34pm On Feb 21, 2013
Delafruita:
you must be a teacher and an ignorant one at that to say there's nothing wrong in sending students on errands.any teacher that dares send my kid on an errand in school will face the consequences

And you must be an ignorant parent for uttering such rubbish!!. If a teacher can't send your child on an errand,then i suggest that you should leave your office and become his full-time teacher at home. In this case no teacher will send him/her on any errand.
Re: Pupil Killed While On Teacher’s Errand by homesteady(m): 11:42pm On Feb 21, 2013
ITbomb:
You are another reason I insist that Abortion should be legalize.
We saw all these coming but they said killing u then would count as murder

OMG!! This is worst than a nuclear bomb!! I'm sure were ever he is he'll be regretting why he said 1st
Re: Pupil Killed While On Teacher’s Errand by redsun(m): 1:26am On Feb 22, 2013
Nigeriam education is more of prison education. It is some kind of mental and physical incarceration that does not reform the pupils,rather it leaves them cruder.
Re: Pupil Killed While On Teacher’s Errand by Gelco(f): 1:51am On Feb 22, 2013
ITbomb: So make teacher no dey send small pikin errand again?
u're psych!why in hell will a "teacher" be sending a student on an errand n by 10.am for dat matter!It's a skul for Pete's sake n d teacher had no bloody ryt to send d student on an errand outside d skul wen classes were still on.
Re: Pupil Killed While On Teacher’s Errand by COOLDUN: 3:21am On Feb 22, 2013
This is a tragic death, I am very sorry for the death of this young, pretty and promising girl. I do pray that the family will bear the irreparable loss of the girl. My sincere condolence.

I plead to the family to take heart, while they commit the death into the hands of the almighty God who is the giver and taker of life.
The class teacher that sent the girl to buy food did not send her to go and die; this is an accident which do happens often. The family should find a space in their hearts to forgive the teacher.

It was not an intentional act; we all passed that level during our primary and secondary school days, to go an errand for the teachers then was seen as a thing of joy. We used to fetch water and fire woods for our teachers/tutors then with pride and happiness.

I do still believe that a bright pupil/ and obedient student is always loved by the teachers/tutors, and when they see you as an intelligent pupil/student they will be relating well with you. By this you will be so close to them.

Please the parents of the dead girl, forgive the teacher/tutor, for the action was not a deliberate one to kill your daughter. God almighty will be your strength. He also will grant this angel an eternal rest in a perfect peace.

3 Likes

Re: Pupil Killed While On Teacher’s Errand by Nobody: 3:22am On Feb 22, 2013
Table Leg :
Tragic... bullshit reeks out of every nooks and crannies of that country called Nigeria, it smacks disbelief ...
I dont understand why the poor kid had to be sent on a bloody errand when the purpose of her in the school, in the first place, was to acquire education!
Some hungry as...shole of a tosser parading as a teacher does not have any bloody rights to send students on errands!
And the fu....cking basta.rd of a driver attempted to leg it too? SMH ... Where is your heart at?!
Unprofessionalism and out of order practises has to come to an end in that Country!
It is about time .....
I totally concur.

At 10am in the morning, the teacher sent a student to go buy food. At 10 freaking am...seriously? Does the kid look like a slave? I'd have understood if the errand was within the four corners of the school, but outside? that's just unacceptable. She put the student at a big risk which unfortunately took the student's life. The teacher needs to be apprehended...

and that useless bus driver too.
Re: Pupil Killed While On Teacher’s Errand by mtchewww(m): 3:37am On Feb 22, 2013
Table Leg :
Tragic... bullshit reeks out of every nooks and crannies of that country called Nigeria, it smacks disbelief ...
I dont understand why the poor kid had to be sent on a bloody errand when the purpose of her in the school, in the first place, was to acquire education!
Some hungry as...shole of a tosser parading as a teacher does not have any bloody rights to send students on errands!
And the fu....cking basta.rd of a driver attempted to leg it too? SMH ... Where is your heart at?!
Unprofessionalism and out of order practises has to come to an end in that Country!
It is about time .....
You should say western Nigeria. Stop generalising cos that can't happen in iboland.
Re: Pupil Killed While On Teacher’s Errand by Nobody: 4:02am On Feb 22, 2013
My friend wat is urr problem! Of course adults can send children on errands buh never the ones requiring them 2 tranverse busy roads! I never in my life send children such errand! I'll always say it loud n clear 2 them pls do not cross d road, if u dnt see wat I sent u around d prescribed locality pls come back; so I cee no reason y dat silly teacherr should do dat!
I'll look 4 d parents n ensure dat teacher is dealt with

1 Like

Re: Pupil Killed While On Teacher’s Errand by okpeter: 6:53am On Feb 22, 2013
Nonsence, do you comprehend the post? At 10am when the student suppose to receive lecture in the class. Is it a break time/period? If not for God the teacher should be probe. It is an offence to eat in the class. If I may ask can the said teacher allowed the students to eat in the class when lecture is on? teacher can send the students message but not this type when lecture is going on.
Re: Pupil Killed While On Teacher’s Errand by 9icetoo(m): 7:14am On Feb 22, 2013
are u fucking serious? the student be the teacher secretary? i weep for my country

1 Like

Re: Pupil Killed While On Teacher’s Errand by Dreyl(m): 7:19am On Feb 22, 2013
iamswizz: 7th
so you just QOUTED the topic just to spew 7th which u ain't,you must be a learner and RETARD...
Re: Pupil Killed While On Teacher’s Errand by 9icetoo(m): 7:24am On Feb 22, 2013
Egba girl:

I dig what you saying But if the driver had been more careful, he wouldn't have hit the girl. I mean technically the driver killed the girl. Guess they shud both be charged for 2nd degree murder but most likely the teacher for being irresponsible towards the child. I'm not a lawyer so I don't know how this works n
was she on a zebra crossing? was she hit in the road or on a pedestrian walkway? it was a bleeping accident which might have been as a result of the deceased carelessness or as a result of the drivers carelessness so dont crucify the driver yet. The teacher and the school are wrong though.
Re: Pupil Killed While On Teacher’s Errand by Smooyis(m): 7:33am On Feb 22, 2013
May her gentle soul rest in perfect peace!
Re: Pupil Killed While On Teacher’s Errand by hardbody: 8:00am On Feb 22, 2013
homesteady:

i dont think it is a crime for a teacher to send his/her student!! Even in Private schools,teachers send their students

You probably are referring to Iya Basira Nursery and Primary School. In all the private schools I have known, once the gates are closed, no child leaves the premises till referenced guardians or parents come to pick them up. Infact in instances where the parent don't show for an inordinate length of time, the propritress has been known to take the kids home and inform the parents appropriately. Stop pretending that what is bad is good.
Re: Pupil Killed While On Teacher’s Errand by homesteady(m): 9:02am On Feb 22, 2013
Raymondenyi:
My friend wat is urr problem! Of course adults can send children on errands buh never the ones requiring them 2 tranverse busy roads! I never in my life send children such errand! I'll always say it loud n clear 2 them pls do not cross d road, if u dnt see wat I sent u around d prescribed locality pls come back; so I cee no reason y dat silly teacherr should do dat!

for pete's sake the girl is 15 years old!! Is she still a small baby?? Can't she cross any type of road??
Re: Pupil Killed While On Teacher’s Errand by Ogegod87: 9:09am On Feb 22, 2013

Yes! Its not right 4 a teacher 2 send her pupil on such errands especially one dat would require d child 2 cross an express road. D only errands we were sent on then is from our classroom to d staff room, principals office etc, all within d school's premises. I've seen primary school children run such errands 4 deir teachers during skool hours. na so u go see dem stand by rd sides dey look 4 adults 2 help dem cross rd. very annoying. RIP
Re: Pupil Killed While On Teacher’s Errand by loswhite(m): 9:28am On Feb 22, 2013
huni_naija: Such terrible news.. The teacher needs to be apprehended and questioned? Did the father of the deceased pay school fees for his daughter to be running errands like a slave?

Shameful! embarassed
it is amazing how u reason, hav u not sent ur younger one message b4?so wen u do dat ur younger one is a slave to u abi

1 Like

Re: Pupil Killed While On Teacher’s Errand by loswhite(m): 9:32am On Feb 22, 2013
Delafruita:
of what use is it to pray for his protection if he still allows stuff like this to happen for "reasons best known to him"?
this thread is not 4 u to show ur atheist believe .pls js keep ur believes to ur self and stop competing 4 attention

1 Like

Re: Pupil Killed While On Teacher’s Errand by loswhite(m): 9:37am On Feb 22, 2013
REALITY101:

Wrong calculation mofo you gonna be second to die.

Rip lil miss. My prayers goes to her family. As for the teacher lipsrsealed

This kid was sent to school to study not to be mothered or slaved by a stranger in the name of school teacher.

God bless the United States of America
we are talking abt Nigeria u r sayin God bless America. Try and find d number of children dat r shot and killed in America last year it is even more than d ppl killed by Boko haram.

1 Like

Re: Pupil Killed While On Teacher’s Errand by loswhite(m): 9:45am On Feb 22, 2013
Egba girl: Glad this topic is on the front page. Here is what I said on the thread I created on this topic:

What is even sadder than this little girl's death is the reaction of the school authorities asking the fam to drop the case and accept it as the will of God. To make it worse, the comments made my heart bleed. Why would anyone in their right mind support teachers sending students on errands that are not school related and even outside of the school building at creaking 10am in the morning too! I mean I know the education system is failing but really, has it come to this?

The teacher didn't kill the student, the truck driver did. However, the teacher, just like the driver, needs to be held responsible for his/her actions.

Btw, why do we continue to claim all the bad things that happen as God's will? If only we will put religious sentiments aside for once and see that it is we humans that are the cause of our own problems! Like one of the comments mentioned, there is no enforcement of any child protection laws. But I ask myself again, is there any enforcement of any law (generalization but mostly true)
pls have u in ur life send anybody message to help u buy sumtin ? We do dis everyday it doesn't mean anything so pickin on d teacher to me is wrong. The teacher is already in a serious emotional pain dat she might not4 give herself for that.it is tragedy.
Re: Pupil Killed While On Teacher’s Errand by loswhite(m): 9:45am On Feb 22, 2013
Egba girl: Glad this topic is on the front page. Here is what I said on the thread I created on this topic:

What is even sadder than this little girl's death is the reaction of the school authorities asking the fam to drop the case and accept it as the will of God. To make it worse, the comments made my heart bleed. Why would anyone in their right mind support teachers sending students on errands that are not school related and even outside of the school building at creaking 10am in the morning too! I mean I know the education system is failing but really, has it come to this?

The teacher didn't kill the student, the truck driver did. However, the teacher, just like the driver, needs to be held responsible for his/her actions.

Btw, why do we continue to claim all the bad things that happen as God's will? If only we will put religious sentiments aside for once and see that it is we humans that are the cause of our own problems! Like one of the comments mentioned, there is no enforcement of any child protection laws. But I ask myself again, is there any enforcement of any law (generalization but mostly true)
pls have u in ur life send anybody message to help u buy sumtin ? We do dis everyday it doesn't mean anything so pickin on d teacher to me is wrong. The teacher is already in a serious emotional pain dat she might not4 give herself for that.it is tragedy.
Re: Pupil Killed While On Teacher’s Errand by loswhite(m): 9:58am On Feb 22, 2013
Raymondenyi:
so ur child at 15 years cannot cross d road is dat wat u are saying sir?pls take dem to d road and teachthem to look their left and right and left again to cross road.it is a tragedy but it can happen to anybody. Don't crucify a teacher dat is already regretting his or her actions

2 Likes

Re: Pupil Killed While On Teacher’s Errand by Nobody: 10:02am On Feb 22, 2013
angry angry angry dis is 1 basic prblm we hv with some of dis Nig teachers sending a pupil when he/she s suppose 2 b in class.
And if d giulty teacher refuse 2 speak out her child wil face dsame fate like dey say "wat goes around comes around".
Hard luck 2 d family
Re: Pupil Killed While On Teacher’s Errand by IMAJAH: 10:02am On Feb 22, 2013
it is never Gods will for people to.... what happened is as a result of our imperfection.... poor gal... i believe Jehovah shall awake her on d day of ressurrection
Re: Pupil Killed While On Teacher’s Errand by Nobody: 10:08am On Feb 22, 2013
loswhite: so ur child at 15 years cannot cross d road is dat wat u are saying sir?pls take dem to d road and teachthem to look their left and right and left again to cross road.it is a tragedy but it can happen to anybody. Don't crucify a teacher dat is already regretting his or her actions
how can u say d child cant cross d road!!
You know dis truck drivers nah! Drivin as if dey posses d road,den y did he attempt 2 escape after d insident!
Come on! Jst think it!
Re: Pupil Killed While On Teacher’s Errand by obi123: 10:43am On Feb 22, 2013
homesteady:

i dont think it is a crime for a teacher to send his/her student!! Even in Private schools,teachers send their students

save it please!!! there should be clear boundaries between a student and a teacher , in my opinion teachers have no right to send any student any errand if it doesn't have to do with the curriculum of the school or the welfare of the student.
clearly the errand was a personal one and has resulted in the death of someone's child, i hope the teacher dies of guilt.
We need to refuse mediocrity on so many levels , there needs to be a standard.

This is not a case of how well a child can cross the street , the child had no business being outside at all.
Re: Pupil Killed While On Teacher’s Errand by badesco(m): 10:58am On Feb 22, 2013
The teacher that sent her that useless errand should be made to face the law. More so most of those teachers are likely to be guilty of the same offense, because they have turn the pupils to their servant. They send pupils any kind of errands
Re: Pupil Killed While On Teacher’s Errand by internetpo(m): 12:30pm On Feb 22, 2013
@ homesteady
which kind guilt the teacher dey feel? :-@
i pity am o. Being a teacher b4 but am more with the family.
Let justice take it's cause and people should stop assigning their mistakes n actions to the will of God.
May her soul rest in peace.
Re: Pupil Killed While On Teacher’s Errand by Donicobone(m): 12:31pm On Feb 22, 2013
[quote author=Delafruita]
of what use is it to pray for his protection if he still allows stuff like this to happen for "reasons best known to him"?[/ god is a merciful god we should not blame him for our carelesness or reckles life d bible says that a time to born and a time to die it does not add the age to die or the way we meet a sunden death remeber god is not a man that he should lie neither the son of man that he should repent
Re: Pupil Killed While On Teacher’s Errand by Ralphjoe(m): 1:57pm On Feb 22, 2013
I felt so guilty due to this news coz i myself used to send my student on errands, even though they are not that kind of long distance errands whereby they have to cross the road. If i have to teach again, i wouldn't try it o.
Re: Pupil Killed While On Teacher’s Errand by badesco(m): 3:19pm On Feb 22, 2013
Ralphjoe: I felt so guilty due to this news coz i myself used to send my student on errands, even though they are not that kind of long distance errands whereby they have to cross the road. If i have to teach again, i wouldn't try it o.

Thank your God and you should stop it forthwith. Remember those pupils are not your servants but a human being like your own children.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2021 Latest Google Dorks List For SQL Injection / How To Unlock Zte Mf927u MTN / Picture of the Man that Changed His Face To A Dog Face Through Surgery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.