Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,487 members, 7,819,761 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:39 PM

Nigeria’s Population To Hit 170 Million This Year - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria’s Population To Hit 170 Million This Year (9743 Views)

The Photoshop That Fooled 170 Million Nigerians / Nigeria's Population To Surpass U.S By 2050 / Advantages Of Nigeria's Population. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria’s Population To Hit 170 Million This Year by ukachy69: 11:04pm On Feb 15, 2013
2legit2qwt:

No, backpage
y u dey beef me nah? First tyme wey I make front page u dey beef, wen I go be first to comment wetin u go do?
Re: Nigeria’s Population To Hit 170 Million This Year by Libkid(m): 11:04pm On Feb 15, 2013
Upon all d deaths nigeria no wan decrease.na winch o

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Population To Hit 170 Million This Year by litgirl22: 11:07pm On Feb 15, 2013
You know...I wonder why our neighboring countries have much smaller populations when controlled for landmass:

Niger (northern neighbor): 16.2 million
Cameroon (eastern neighbor): 19.4 million
Benin Republic (western neighbor): 8.9 million
Chad (Northeastern neighbor): 11.2 million

Our cultures cannot be THAT drastically different from all our neighbors. Abi we like to do pass or what?
Re: Nigeria’s Population To Hit 170 Million This Year by ELgordo(m): 11:08pm On Feb 15, 2013
Great Nigeria! Our Population iz our strength ( Believe that!) Dats why we are NUMERO UNO!
Re: Nigeria’s Population To Hit 170 Million This Year by Limaoscar: 11:08pm On Feb 15, 2013
It's been long coming!
Re: Nigeria’s Population To Hit 170 Million This Year by kandiikane(m): 11:09pm On Feb 15, 2013
ELgordo: Great Nigeria! Our Population iz our strength ( Believe that!) Dats why we are NUMERO UNO!

Seriously, you think it's something to be proud of? It means more poverty, less resources. undecided

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Population To Hit 170 Million This Year by Nobody: 11:12pm On Feb 15, 2013
litgirl22: You know...I wonder why our neighboring countries have much smaller populations when controlled for landmass:

Niger (northern neighbor): 16.2 million
Cameroon (eastern neighbor): 19.4 million
Benin Republic (western neighbor): 8.9 million
Chad (Northeastern neighbor): 11.2 million

Our cultures cannot be THAT drastically different from all our neighbors. Abi we like to do pass or what?

You forgot the Atlantic Ocean, guess it was inherited from it cheesy
Re: Nigeria’s Population To Hit 170 Million This Year by chessguru1(m): 11:14pm On Feb 15, 2013
But seriously sha...people are still living in a 1 room and giving birth to 9 children shocked
Its that kind of family d pikin go dey fight not to commot from the woman belle undecided

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Population To Hit 170 Million This Year by chessguru1(m): 11:15pm On Feb 15, 2013
Eko Atlantic#:
Lagos + Oyo= the whole of Ghana cool cheesy grin
Thank God for AFCON, if not those ghanian squad (petrol dollar and co) for don Dive enter as u mention their country.
Ahhh isn't NL more quite without their raving and ranting wink
Re: Nigeria’s Population To Hit 170 Million This Year by litgirl22: 11:17pm On Feb 15, 2013
kandiikane:

Seriously, you think it's something to be proud of? It means more poverty, less resources. undecided

Population is a BIG strength IF handled properly.

It is highly correlated with economic power and prosperity.

The most economically buoyant countries in respective continents tend to have large populations.

Asia -China/India
North America/America in general: USA
South America: Brazil
Western Europe: Germany/the UK/France
Eastern Europe: Russia

Not saying that these countries are perfect, but there is no doubt that they have the most influence and powers in their regions.

But I agree Nigeria has to supplement her population with wealth.
Re: Nigeria’s Population To Hit 170 Million This Year by sirhot(m): 11:20pm On Feb 15, 2013
lucenzo: all these calabar people seff angry angry angry angry
wetin them do you, na because you don buy 5MB you think say na to come comment for nairaland go make you feel among. Comot here jor...

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Population To Hit 170 Million This Year by Nobody: 11:22pm On Feb 15, 2013
litgirl22:

The most economically buoyant countries in respective continents tend to have large populations.

Asia -China/India

Not saying that these countries are perfect, but there is no doubt that they have the most influence and powers in their regions.

no, nigeria needs to slow down her population growth because our land mass cannot take it!
nigerians have refused to use their heads.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Population To Hit 170 Million This Year by awemef: 11:22pm On Feb 15, 2013
Eko Atlantic#:
Lagos + Oyo= the whole of Ghana cool cheesy grin
I so dont see the humor in that, as Nigeria's population is increasing the economy is going terribly into the ground, unemployment rate is getting worse by the day, the size area of Nigeria itself would get to a point it wont be able to hold everybody, have you seen how Lagos is with almost everywhere densely populated that is what the future of the country holds if we dont try to tackle this mentality of having 1 million kids before you are considered to be a man or woman, its so annoying to see Lagos beggars having several babies as if that would fetch them money or something, Ghana's low population is a factor in their growth and all, think about that before you start laughing

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Population To Hit 170 Million This Year by Nobody: 11:23pm On Feb 15, 2013
awe_mef: I so dont see the humor in that, as Nigeria's population is increasing the economy is going terribly into the ground, unemployment rate is getting worse by the day, the size area of Nigeria itself would get to a point it wont be able to hold everybody, have you seen how Lagos is with almost everywhere densely populated that is what the future of the country holds if we dont try to tackle this mentality of having 1 million kids before you are considered to be a man or woman, its so annoying to see Lagos beggars having several babies as if that would fetch them money or something, Ghana's low population is a factor in their growth and all, think about that before you start laughing

fact!
Re: Nigeria’s Population To Hit 170 Million This Year by EkoAtlantic1(f): 11:26pm On Feb 15, 2013
chess guru:
Thank God for AFCON, if not those ghanian squad (petrol dollar and co) for don Dive enter as u mention their country.
Ahhh isn't NL more quite without their raving and ranting wink

You're taking those black coconut headed fellas serious undecided

We rule

Re: Nigeria’s Population To Hit 170 Million This Year by chessguru1(m): 11:27pm On Feb 15, 2013
lucenzo: all these calabar people seff angry angry angry angry
Alright guy I was about 2 insult ur limited intellect and abject myopia, but J̶̲̥̅̊u̶̲̥̅̊S̤̥̈̊τ̲̣̣̥ changed my mind.
If you've ever been to calabar u would know that the town is a very small town. If ur talking about akaw ibom, maybe BUT not calabar. google it and you will see that cross river state has low or moderate population. Don't let stereotyping drench you in ignorance. Make google ur friend. If you do you will see that cross river is the 10th least populated state in nigeria (add also to the fact that most cross riverians don't like leaving the sanctity of calabar).
Ignorance Kills..kill ignorance cool

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Population To Hit 170 Million This Year by Nobody: 11:27pm On Feb 15, 2013
That means we can afford to sacrifice 30 million souls in war with any country
and still have 140 million left, nobody will mess with Naija in warfare even the Americans.
Re: Nigeria’s Population To Hit 170 Million This Year by kandiikane(m): 11:30pm On Feb 15, 2013
litgirl22:

Asia -China/India

How can you even compare china to nigeria when the Nigeria is riddled with corruption? I don't think for Africa a large population like nigeria determines it's wealth.
Re: Nigeria’s Population To Hit 170 Million This Year by Nobody: 11:31pm On Feb 15, 2013
Shame on Boko haram they did all their best to reduce us but Baba God just dey multiply us
but you be shocked to still realise and see that despite the B.H. activities and aridness that drifts people to swampy zones (a given worldwide),the census and population figures in the north will still be higher than that of the more bouyant south
Re: Nigeria’s Population To Hit 170 Million This Year by Nobody: 11:32pm On Feb 15, 2013
femmyb: That means we can afford to sacrifice 30 million souls in war with any country
and still have 140 million left, nobody will mess with Naija in warfare even the Americans.

what if you turn on each other due to scarcity of land and natural resources, and kill the same number ( a more likely scenario).
what then? mr intelligent!
Re: Nigeria’s Population To Hit 170 Million This Year by ad84ada(m): 11:33pm On Feb 15, 2013
If the US suggest this, you would have started crying blue murder.
.Nairaland:
shocked

Time for human castration angry
Re: Nigeria’s Population To Hit 170 Million This Year by Nobody: 11:36pm On Feb 15, 2013
And people actually believe that Nigerias population is 170 million shocked its far more than that i have a friend that works at lasuth and you need to see the way the population increases everyday and most of them are poor very poor you see female kids as young as 15 having kids. Nigerias population is nothing less than 200 million and the earlier government starts doing something the better that is a time bomb waiting to explode.
Re: Nigeria’s Population To Hit 170 Million This Year by litgirl22: 11:38pm On Feb 15, 2013
re@lchange:

no, nigeria needs to slow down her population growth because our land mass cannot take it!
nigerians have refused to use their heads.

There are countries with waaaay higher population density/landmass than ours.

Asia and Western Europe come to mind.

If we use the population density recorded in Monaco which is the highest in the world despite the VERY good quality of life, Nigeria can contain BILLIONS of people.

Nigeria has 453 people per square mile.
Monaco has over 30,000 people per Square Mile.
Japan that is complaining of a declining population has 873 people per Square Mile
Germany has 593 people per square Mile
India has 989 people per Square Mile
Taiwan has 1,668 people per Square Mile
Belgium has 945 people per Square Mile

So our population can even double, triple, without issue regarding how our land will fit us.

The problem is our ineptitude in managing our size. Period.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Population To Hit 170 Million This Year by litgirl22: 11:40pm On Feb 15, 2013
kandiikane:

How can you even compare china to nigeria when the Nigeria is riddled with corruption? I don't think for Africa a large population like nigeria determines it's wealth.

I actually agree with you. Read my post carefully.
Re: Nigeria’s Population To Hit 170 Million This Year by kandiikane(m): 11:44pm On Feb 15, 2013
litgirl22:

I actually agree with you. Read my post carefully.

Ok, pardon me. tongue
Re: Nigeria’s Population To Hit 170 Million This Year by chessguru1(m): 11:44pm On Feb 15, 2013
femmyb: That means we can afford to sacrifice 30 million souls in war with any country
J̶̲̥̅̊u̶̲̥̅̊S̤̥̈̊τ̲̣̣̥ one nuclear bomb. D fight go finish under one hour undecided
Re: Nigeria’s Population To Hit 170 Million This Year by EkoAtlantic1(f): 11:44pm On Feb 15, 2013
awe_mef: I so dont see the humor in that, as Nigeria's population is increasing the economy is going terribly into the ground, unemployment rate is getting worse by the day, the size area of Nigeria itself would get to a point it wont be able to hold everybody, have you seen how Lagos is with almost everywhere densely populated that is what the future of the country holds if we dont try to tackle this mentality of having 1 million kids before you are considered to be a man or woman, its so annoying to see Lagos beggars having several babies as if that would fetch them money or something, Ghana's low population is a factor in their growth and all, think about that before you start laughing

Lagos is the smallest and the most populous state in Nigeria. Upon this, Lagos still has enough hectares of Land untouched and might not be touched in the next century. Lagosians mentality of congestion is what has given you this impression. I'll say this categorically, cities, towns and villages Nigerians are dwelling ain't up to half of Nigeria's land mass. Haven been to different part of Nigeria, I had this conclusion.

Move round the length and breadth of Lagos state you should see what I am seeing

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Population To Hit 170 Million This Year by Nobody: 11:45pm On Feb 15, 2013
litgirl22:

If we use the population density recorded in Monaco which is the highest in the world despite the VERY good quality of life, Nigeria can contain BILLIONS of people.

Japan that is complaining of a declining population has 873 people per Square Mile

So our population can even double, triple, without issue regarding how our land will fit us.

so you want to be like those countries?
have you heard about something called fresh air in your life?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Population To Hit 170 Million This Year by kandiikane(m): 11:48pm On Feb 15, 2013
chess guru:
J̶̲̥̅̊u̶̲̥̅̊S̤̥̈̊τ̲̣̣̥ one nuclear bomb. D fight go finish under one hour undecided

Lol grin

Forget nuclear sef. Is the military well equipmented and knowledgeable in what to do in combat? Abi na to just harrass civilians dem sabi? Foreigners go just destroy them without breaking a sweat.
Re: Nigeria’s Population To Hit 170 Million This Year by chessguru1(m): 11:51pm On Feb 15, 2013
litgirl22:

I agree am current serving in delta state, and d place is PHUCKIng big!! I mean is mostly bush upon bush upon bush shocked .I grew up in lag, so seeing all dis amount of land J̶̲̥̅̊u̶̲̥̅̊S̤̥̈̊τ̲̣̣̥ wasting within a town or city was pretty strange. We have the land mass 2 manage our population. If only we had real leaders. Our population could Become our strength.
Ơ̴̴͡.̮Ơ̴̴̴͡ at japan today. The government is almost given weavers and benefits to stimulate child birth in that country.
Also Ơ̴̴͡.̮Ơ̴̴̴͡ a canada. They have a very low indigenous population hence their high immigration policy.
Re: Nigeria’s Population To Hit 170 Million This Year by litgirl22: 11:53pm On Feb 15, 2013
re@lchange:

so you want to be like those countries?
have you heard about something called fresh air in your life?

Last I heard Nigerians are flocking to the mentioned countries for greener pastures.

Monaco is the hangout and "escape" for the VERY rich.

Japan has a top-notch quality of life. Ditto Germany and Belgium.

India is an economic powerhouse despite the poverty.

Hell yeah i want Nigeria to be like these countries! Would gladly trade places!
Re: Nigeria’s Population To Hit 170 Million This Year by Nobody: 11:53pm On Feb 15, 2013
chess guru:
I agree am current serving in delta state, and d place is PHUCKIng big!! I mean is mostly bush upon bush upon bush shocked .I grew up in lag, so seeing all dis amount of land J̶̲̥̅̊u̶̲̥̅̊S̤̥̈̊τ̲̣̣̥ wasting within a town or city was pretty strange. We have the land mass 2 manage our population. If only we had real leaders. Our population could Become our strength.
Ơ̴̴͡.̮Ơ̴̴̴͡ at japan today. The government is almost given weavers and benefits to stimulate child birth in that country.
Also Ơ̴̴͡.̮Ơ̴̴̴͡ a canada. They have a very low indigenous population hence their high immigration policy.

have you checked the land mass of japan or canada, particularly canada?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Omisore Alleges Cover-up By Osun INEC Over Suspended Officials! / Jonathan’s Kinsmen Lament Four-year Power Outage / 7 Persons Dead As 2 Suicide Bombers Attack Borno

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.