Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,920 members, 7,952,701 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 09:39 PM

Is Love Enough To Stop You From Cheating On Your Spouse? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is Love Enough To Stop You From Cheating On Your Spouse? (5293 Views)

Man Padlocks Girlfriend's Pant To Prevent Her From Cheating (photos) / Is Love Enough To Keep A Relationship Going? / How To Stop Your Man From Cheating: The Very Weird But Very Workable Way (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Love Enough To Stop You From Cheating On Your Spouse? by Nobody: 9:32pm On Feb 15, 2013
Okay, yes, you found the One, yes you love him to bits and you would never ever cheat on him, but answer me this, you cheating spouses, even you non-cheating spouses... Do you honestly think that the fact that you love him guarantees than in a moment of carelessness, indispline, temptation, and even misguided confidence, you would be able to not cheat? Essentially, my question is 'Is Love Enough to guarantee you&ll Never cheat on your spouse? And if not what extra ingredients are needed?
Re: Is Love Enough To Stop You From Cheating On Your Spouse? by Nobody: 9:41pm On Feb 15, 2013
Yes.

Love for him is enough. If you love him, you won't even put yourself in the position of cheating on him in the first place.

There is always a bloody excuse for everything. How about fleeing from the circumstances? You see fire burning, you thrust out your hand and you touched it.

What excuse do you have? Spare me the temptation and all the other blah.

Unless he slept with you at gun point.

2 Likes

Re: Is Love Enough To Stop You From Cheating On Your Spouse? by greedie1(f): 9:48pm On Feb 15, 2013
Bludeville: in a moment of carelessness, indispline, temptation, and even misguided confidence
excuses!!!!

yes love is enough to not cheat.
Re: Is Love Enough To Stop You From Cheating On Your Spouse? by k2039: 10:03pm On Feb 15, 2013
Love is not enough, discipline plays a big part in fidelity.

No matter how much a man loves his wife, if he lacks discipline when it comes to the opposite sex, he will always cheat.

1 Like

Re: Is Love Enough To Stop You From Cheating On Your Spouse? by Cwhyte(m): 10:03pm On Feb 15, 2013
Well as the saying goes, if you love me you won't cheat on me.

If you truly love someone you wouldn't want to hurt him/her and cheating definitely hurts.
Re: Is Love Enough To Stop You From Cheating On Your Spouse? by k2039: 10:09pm On Feb 15, 2013
C. whyte:
Well as the saying goes, if you love me you won't cheat on me.

If you truly love someone you wouldn't want to hurt him/her and cheating definitely hurts.
You cheat discreetly if you don't want to hurt you spouse, she doesn't have to know.
Re: Is Love Enough To Stop You From Cheating On Your Spouse? by Nobody: 10:17pm On Feb 15, 2013
k2039: You cheat discreetely if you don't want to hurt you spouse, she doesn't have to know.
I can tell your age from this comment. "you cheat discreetly" kmt.
Re: Is Love Enough To Stop You From Cheating On Your Spouse? by Mynd44: 10:32pm On Feb 15, 2013
k2039: You cheat discreetely if you don't want to hurt you spouse, she doesn't have to know.
Have you ever seen or heard of a well kept secret? once you start cheating, you open the flood gates to a whole lot of possibilities and anything and everything goes. there is nothing like "Cheat discreetly" that is just crap

k2039: Love is not enough, discipline plays a big part in fidelity.

No matter how much a man loves his wife, if he lacks discipline when it comes to the opposite sex, he will always cheat.
How can you claim to love if you don't have discipline? Is that not supposed to be included in love? Love is the total package not some buzzing at the back of your head as if you are high off sugar you know.
Re: Is Love Enough To Stop You From Cheating On Your Spouse? by Nobody: 10:33pm On Feb 15, 2013
Love is not enough. I mean realistically speaking,we are humans & loving someone does not guarantee u won't hurt the person.
Self-control and self-discipline are imperative in this case.

2 Likes

Re: Is Love Enough To Stop You From Cheating On Your Spouse? by k2039: 10:34pm On Feb 15, 2013
sexkillz: I can tell your age from this comment. "you cheat discreetly" kmt.
I didn't get the joke.
Re: Is Love Enough To Stop You From Cheating On Your Spouse? by Mynd44: 10:36pm On Feb 15, 2013
binger: Love is not enough. I mean realistically speaking,we are humans & loving someone does not guarantee u won't hurt the person.
Seriously? So you can actually tell someone you love her and still sleep with another person?

I must have missed the memo where they defined love according to your dictionary
Re: Is Love Enough To Stop You From Cheating On Your Spouse? by Nobody: 10:39pm On Feb 15, 2013
Mynd_44:
How can you claim to love if you don't have discipline? Is that not supposed to be included in love? Love is the total package not some buzzing at the back of your head as if you are high off sugar you know.
@bold,how can a conscious effort(discipline) be interwined with an unintentional feeling(love)?? That is far from reality.
You can fall in love and have no discipline or self-control. Loving someone wouldn't make u thoughts and wants tied solely to him/her. We are humans and at a point,we tend to sway.
It is the discipline we've cultivated in ourselves that keeps us from messing up.
Re: Is Love Enough To Stop You From Cheating On Your Spouse? by Nobody: 10:41pm On Feb 15, 2013
binger: Love is not enough. I mean realistically speaking,we are humans & loving someone does not guarantee u won't hurt the person.
Love brings self control and self discipline by default.

You can't love someone and cheat on them. Its not possible. It's like trying to mix oil and water.
Re: Is Love Enough To Stop You From Cheating On Your Spouse? by Nobody: 10:42pm On Feb 15, 2013
Mynd_44:
Seriously? So you can actually tell someone you love her and still sleep with another person?

I must have missed the memo where they defined love according to your dictionary
My answer to this lies above.
Re: Is Love Enough To Stop You From Cheating On Your Spouse? by Mynd44: 10:44pm On Feb 15, 2013
binger: @bold,how can a conscious effort(discipline) be interwined with an unintentional feeling(love)?? That is far from reality.
You can fall in love and have no discipline or self-control. Loving someone wouldn't make u thoughts and wants tied solely to him/her. We are humans and at a point,we tend to sway.
It is the discipline we've cultivated in ourselves that keeps us from messing up.

sexkillz: Love brings self control and self discipline by default.

You can't love someone and cheat on them. Its not possible. It's like trying to mix oil and water.

Hope this answers your misconceptions Binger?
Re: Is Love Enough To Stop You From Cheating On Your Spouse? by Mynd44: 10:47pm On Feb 15, 2013
binger: My answer to this lies above.
Your answers are grossly flawed
Re: Is Love Enough To Stop You From Cheating On Your Spouse? by Nobody: 10:48pm On Feb 15, 2013
binger: @bold,how can a conscious effort(discipline) be interwined with an unintentional feeling(love)?? That is far from reality.
Loving is unintentional?

No wonder relationships are on a downward spiral. People don't know what love is.

So you love her and your love means you are not committed to her solely?

What discipline do you keep yapping about? How can you even fall in love without being disciplined in the first place? Now you fall in love, a disciplined man, what makes you wanna remain disciplined and faithful to that one woman you chose over all the others, if not for the love you have for her?

Wow Wow Wow.
Re: Is Love Enough To Stop You From Cheating On Your Spouse? by Mynd44: 10:51pm On Feb 15, 2013
I find it shocking to read that people actually say you can be in love without being disciplined.
Re: Is Love Enough To Stop You From Cheating On Your Spouse? by k2039: 10:57pm On Feb 15, 2013
Mynd_44: I find it shocking to read that people actually say you can be in love without being disciplined.
Discipline has everything to do with a center core value and not love at all.
You can love and still cheat, otherwise it's safe to assume most people don't love their wives based on statistics and vice versa.

If you aren't discipline as a man when it comes to the opposite sex, no matter how much you profess to love your wife you will cheat.

Most people love God and yet they sin.

1 Like

Re: Is Love Enough To Stop You From Cheating On Your Spouse? by Popowaa: 11:01pm On Feb 15, 2013
Love puts u in check,love makes u think about de feelings of de other person,hw can u say u luv sm1 and hurt de person by cheating on him/her.when u love sm1 u dont want to see him/her hurt so if u really love de person deep down den u ve no excuse to cheat.
Re: Is Love Enough To Stop You From Cheating On Your Spouse? by Nobody: 11:01pm On Feb 15, 2013
Mynd_44:

Hope this answers your misconceptions Binger?
Nope! And actually,they aint misconceptions. The so called ''self-control by default'' is completely transient and felt when the r/ship is all new and fresh.
With time,u must tend to look sideways,temptation will come,u will have negative thoughts...it is only an imbibed self-discipline & love that'll keep u frm derailing.
Love alone can't do it because we are humans and emotions can vary when the going gets tough.
Re: Is Love Enough To Stop You From Cheating On Your Spouse? by Mynd44: 11:01pm On Feb 15, 2013
k2039: Discipline has everything to do with a center core value and not love at all.
You can love and still cheat, otherwise it's safe to assume most people don't love their wives based on statistics and vice versa.
And while you are cheating, your mind is on what exactly bro? The person you love or the woman you are with? forget core values here cos when you love someone you would not even think pf hurting her and with that, the discipline comes. You cannot claim to love someone and not be disciplines. What will your love be based on? her eyes or nose?

If you aren't discipline as a man when it comes to the opposite sex, no matter how much you profess to love your wife you will cheat.

Most people love God and yet they sin.
That is just an excuse to justify you cheating bro....Don't bring god into this cos the love for God and that you have to your spouse is different
Re: Is Love Enough To Stop You From Cheating On Your Spouse? by k2039: 11:03pm On Feb 15, 2013
sexkillz: Loving is unintentional?

No wonder relationships are on a downward spiral. People don't know what love is.

What discipline do you keep yapping about? How can you even fall in love without being disciplined in the first place? Now you fall in love, a disciplined man, what makes you wanna remain disciplined and faithful to that one woman you chose over all the others, if not for the love you have for her?

Wow Wow Wow.

Yeah, I agree with you that love is a choice. You choose to love and remain faithful.

But real life situations are dynamic and on the long run, love may not be enough.

I won't cheat on my wife not necessarily because I love her, but because I already have a core value with incorporates fidelity. So even when love fails, I will still remain faithful. Frankly Love isn't a constant in relationship, it varies at certain point's in the relationship.

2 Likes

Re: Is Love Enough To Stop You From Cheating On Your Spouse? by Mynd44: 11:03pm On Feb 15, 2013
binger: Nope! And actually,they aint misconceptions. The so called ''self-control by default'' is completely transient and felt when the r/ship is all new and fresh.
With time,u must tend to look sideways,temptation will come,u will have negative thoughts...it is only an imbibed self-discipline & love that'll keep u frm derailing.
Love alone can't do it because we are humans and emotions can vary when the going gets tough.
Oh please brother stop justifying the fact that it is not love
Re: Is Love Enough To Stop You From Cheating On Your Spouse? by Nobody: 11:05pm On Feb 15, 2013
sexkillz: Loving is unintentional?

Wow Wow Wow.

Get my drift man. Falling in love is unintentional. That is why the word 'falling' is used. U don't plan to fall into a ditch. Same way,u don't plan to fall in love with a particular person.The only intentional thing u do is opening ur heart to someone,and destiny comes to play.
Discipline will come,but it won't last if it is being held by a single pillar(love).
Re: Is Love Enough To Stop You From Cheating On Your Spouse? by Nobody: 11:06pm On Feb 15, 2013
I think people should just stop using the word love.

It's dismal reading things like this.

You love a woman, you cheat on her, your cheating on her hurts her and makes her cry, she feels worthless cos she can't understand what you found in the other woman that she doesn't have, then you turn around and tell her "baby, don't cry. I love you. Cheating is normal, cos I'm human"

Yeah farking right!

1 Like

Re: Is Love Enough To Stop You From Cheating On Your Spouse? by k2039: 11:07pm On Feb 15, 2013
Popowaa: Love puts u in check,love makes u think about de feelings of de other person,hw can u say u luv sm1 and hurt de person by cheating on him/her.when u love sm1 u dont want to see him/her hurt so if u really love de person deep down den u ve no excuse to cheat.
It's safe to conclude that love doesn't exist.

People get hurt in relationships(not necessarily infidelity). Sp are you saying when one party gets hurt, he/she is not loved by her/his partner.
Re: Is Love Enough To Stop You From Cheating On Your Spouse? by WackyJ1(m): 11:10pm On Feb 15, 2013
i'll have to go with binger on this one. from what i have observed from the female species, love does not guarantee not cheating, if not a whole lot of guys out there who can swear with their lives that a girl having a boyfriend cannot stop them will all be dead. it has to do with self control and discipline and this self control and discipline will be fueled by the love for the partner.
If you've really studies ladies you'll see that in some cases the girl really loves the guy but because of some mistake or error of judgement on her part she was unable to recognize and stop herself from doing that thing which would be termed as cheating in the book of her man. So it is not just having the love but being able to resist temptation, love alone does not give that strength and proof is in how often long distance relationships don't last even when both partners love each other a lot
Re: Is Love Enough To Stop You From Cheating On Your Spouse? by k2039: 11:12pm On Feb 15, 2013
sexkillz: I think people should just stop using the word love.

It's dismal reading things like this.

You love a woman, you cheat on her, your cheating on her hurts her and makes her cry, she feels worthless cos she can't understand what you found in the other woman that she doesn't have, then you turn around and tell her "baby, don't cry. I love you. Cheating is normal, cos I'm human"

Yeah farking right!

Killz, I don't support cheating, infact I detest cheaters, and I pray to God to grant me enough grace to remain faithful to my spouse and frankly I know that will take enough discipline and commitment to be able to say no to others.
Re: Is Love Enough To Stop You From Cheating On Your Spouse? by Mynd44: 11:12pm On Feb 15, 2013
k2039: It's safe to conclude that love doesn't exist.

People get hurt in relationships(not necessarily infidelity). Sp are you saying when one party gets hurt, he/she is not loved by her/his partner.
I as a friend
Can I as a friend conspire to kill you for your money and come back tomorrow to say I am loyal to you? Where is the sense in that? Will I give the excuse that all humans are disloyal and you will take that?
Re: Is Love Enough To Stop You From Cheating On Your Spouse? by Nobody: 11:13pm On Feb 15, 2013
Mynd_44:
Oh please brother stop justifying the fact that it is not love
The problem is that u guys are not being realistic here.
Why do u think celebs fall in love today and fall out of love the next month? INDISCIPLINE!!
Kristen Stewart loved Robert Pattison so dearly,but in a moment of indiscipline,she damned the consequences and had sèx with her movie director.
Be realistic,it takes more than love not to cheat...there must be self-discipline!
Re: Is Love Enough To Stop You From Cheating On Your Spouse? by Nobody: 11:13pm On Feb 15, 2013
binger: Get my drift man. Falling in love is unintentional. That is why the word 'falling' is used. U don't plan to fall into a ditch. Same way,u don't plan to fall in love with a particular person.
Bullshit!

Falling in love is a process. Being in love is not a process. You don't fall in love forever cos it's a phase. A phase you realize that what you feel for this person is no longer ordinary, and then the falling in love phase sets in.

In now trancends to being in love. A stage where you have made some adjustments in your life because of her. People stop smoking because the lady they are in love with hates smoking and smokers. So they stop, and then the love they have for her disciplines them by default.

You don't plan falling in love, but you plan and choose to remain there.

Love is not a ditch my man. Whoever taught you that analogy of love being like a ditch should be bitçh slapped left right and center.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Scared Of Making Love With Her, Help! / IF I WERE [come On In And Play!] / Is It Bad To Date A Teenager

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.