Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,013 members, 7,817,986 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:53 AM

Short People Are 'most Prone To Jealousy' - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Short People Are 'most Prone To Jealousy' (5949 Views)

Lecturers V Pastors:who Is More Prone To Female Seduction & Harrassment / Why The Hatred For Short People / Short People Only Look Attractive When They Are Younger (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Short People Are 'most Prone To Jealousy' by mukina2: 8:44pm On Mar 13, 2008
Jealous lovers need not look any further than their height if they want something to blame for the attacks of the green-eyed monster, says a new research, which found that short people are more likely to feel jealous.

The findings were based on a study in which 549 men and women in the Netherlands and Spain were asked to rate how jealous they felt and to identify the qualities in a romantic competitor that were most likely bug them.

The study, conducted by researchers from the Universities of Groningen and Valencia, found that men, who generally felt most nervous about attractive, rich and strong rivals, were increasingly relaxed, the taller they were themselves.

While, women, on the other hand, were most jealous of others' beauty and charm, but least so if their own height was average.

Citing the conclusions, researchers said that the finding makes evolutionary sense because previous findings suggest that whilst taller men do best with the ladies, it is women of medium height who enjoy the best health, fertility and popularity with men.

But unlike tall men, medium-height women can be more vulnerable to jealousy under some circumstances.

Faced with socially or physically powerful rivals they actually felt more jealous than shorter or taller women.

According to the study, this may be because tall and strong, or socially well-connected women could well pose a threat to average-height feminine favourites since they might win conflicts, including physical fights.

"Taller women are more dominant and have greater fighting abilities than shorter women," New Scientist quoted the researchers, as stating cool

Jealousy

people what do u think? grin grin
Re: Short People Are 'most Prone To Jealousy' by almondjoy(f): 8:47pm On Mar 13, 2008
he he he he he he he he he! grin

You go girl!  Na you talk am!  Especially the short married ones! grin The short single ones?  he he he he he he he. cheesy No hope I say.

I agreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! 100%. grin

That is what is called the "Napoleon Complex"!

Good research I say. You can appy this to Nairaland even. The shorter they are, the more inferiorly they post! cheesy
Re: Short People Are 'most Prone To Jealousy' by mukina2: 8:55pm On Mar 13, 2008
grin grin grin
Aj nor kill me o

i know short people can be insecure grin

they have very short fuses grin
Re: Short People Are 'most Prone To Jealousy' by almondjoy(f): 9:01pm On Mar 13, 2008
mukina2:

grin grin grin
Aj nor kill me o

i know short people can be insecure grin

they have very short fuses grin

Only short fuses? shocked SHORT EVERYTHING! grin

The men or the women I don't know which group is worse. The women definitely. . . . those midgets are always trying to stab you in the butt thinking that is your back! grin
Re: Short People Are 'most Prone To Jealousy' by mukina2: 9:06pm On Mar 13, 2008
almondjoy:

The men or the women I don't know which group is worse. The women definitely. . . . those midgets are always trying to stab you in the butt thinking that is your back! grin

grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin

hahahahahahahha

i know alright . if you look at them they'll think you are talking about them
if you talk to their "boyfriend or husband' shocked wahala shocked
if you talk to them and look at the middle of their head grin trouble dey
Re: Short People Are 'most Prone To Jealousy' by Gamine(f): 9:27pm On Mar 13, 2008
As if I knew someone would post this thingy
Dang! she beat me to it o tongue

Short people are prone to evry negative feeling
as if na we wey make them short o.

Guys are definately the worst behaved.
Always trying to act "tall" instead of them to behave their size
i no blame them sha lipsrsealed
Re: Short People Are 'most Prone To Jealousy' by angolag(m): 9:52pm On Mar 13, 2008
@Poster
True talk, Shorties are very prone to Jealousy and annoyance.
Very Obvious in both male and females but I think its more common in girls.
Re: Short People Are 'most Prone To Jealousy' by TheSly: 9:55pm On Mar 13, 2008
Absolutely! wink
Re: Short People Are 'most Prone To Jealousy' by Nobody: 11:44pm On Mar 13, 2008
I don't agree with the post. cheesy The reason is I've never been prone to jealousy cool. What should I be jealous about? I'm quiet smiley, cool cool, easy going wink grin calm as still waters tongue. Tall people are jealous of me instead cool tongue cheesy grin kiss
Re: Short People Are 'most Prone To Jealousy' by FactorChic(f): 11:46pm On Mar 13, 2008
almondjoy:

Buhahahahahahahah!!! Now that's funny! but it's so true! grin grin
Re: Short People Are 'most Prone To Jealousy' by mukina2: 11:54pm On Mar 13, 2008
stillwater:

I don't agree with the post. cheesy The reason is I've never been prone to jealousy cool. What should I be jealous about? I'm quiet smiley, cool cool, easy going wink grin calm as still waters tongue. Tall people are jealous of me instead 8) tongue cheesy grin kiss

hehehehe you wish uh grin grin
Re: Short People Are 'most Prone To Jealousy' by Nobody: 11:56pm On Mar 13, 2008
It's not a wish but plain fact, my sister! cool grin cheesy
Re: Short People Are 'most Prone To Jealousy' by Nobody: 11:57pm On Mar 13, 2008
stillwater:

I don't agree with the post. cheesy The reason is I've never been prone to jealousy cool. What should I be jealous about? I'm quiet smiley, cool cool, easy going wink grin calm as still waters tongue. Tall people are jealous of me instead cool tongue cheesy grin kiss

eh en? jealous ko jeremiad ni tongue tongue
Re: Short People Are 'most Prone To Jealousy' by mukina2: 11:58pm On Mar 13, 2008
still water
na lie jo
admit you want to be tall grin grin
Re: Short People Are 'most Prone To Jealousy' by TheSly: 12:03am On Mar 14, 2008
stillwater:

cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy

Breeze don blow. . . chicken yansh don expose tongue
No wonder u were so jealous tongue. . . .Ohhh i see now. .

Anyways. . . . Stillwater. . . .I'm cool with Midgets !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy ma'am
Re: Short People Are 'most Prone To Jealousy' by ikamefa(f): 12:03am On Mar 14, 2008
cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

" us " 4 feet and below people ,what have done to deserve this?

@ topic i totally disagree jor! angry

napoleon complex koo!, Einstein inspiration ni angry

mukina2:

"Taller women
are more dominant and have greater fighting abilities than shorter women," New Scientist quoted the researchers, as stating cool

not true!

almondjoy:

we can stab you anywhere we like " grin " your feet,calves, thighs just dont cross us angry
Re: Short People Are 'most Prone To Jealousy' by Nobody: 12:04am On Mar 14, 2008
Sly you dey craze!!!!!!! cool grin

You see how I attracted you guys to me now. I'm the center of attention cool cheesy

mukina, I'm not admitting to anything. I don't have to look like Iroko tree when I put on high heels tongue grin cheesy
Re: Short People Are 'most Prone To Jealousy' by Nobody: 12:11am On Mar 14, 2008
People and their stupid research
correct researchers  are busy in labs finding cures for devastating diseases
someone is wasting research money on short folks.
next !
Re: Short People Are 'most Prone To Jealousy' by Nobody: 12:14am On Mar 14, 2008
By the way where's the cut off for short ?

I wonder where I fall in
chei !
I think I'm average for a woman cool , short for a man
The last time I measured at the doctors I was 5' 6"
make una tell me
am I short?
Re: Short People Are 'most Prone To Jealousy' by TheSly: 12:16am On Mar 14, 2008
stillwater:

Sly you dey craze!!!!!!! cool grin

You see how I attracted you guys to me now. I'm the center of attention cool cheesy

mukina, I'm not admitting to anything. I don't have to look like Iroko tree when I put on high heels tongue grin cheesy

Well i like ur style. . . .very short and yet u still so proud. . . cool

On your wedding day. . .wat was it like or what would it be like? cheesy
U want me to organize a fantastic table for u to stand on. . . . tongue
SO that u would be able to *coughs* Kiss the groom when u saying""I do"" cheesy

U know it won't be easy for a tall guy to bend all the way down just to have a kiss. . . tongue tongue
Re: Short People Are 'most Prone To Jealousy' by Nobody: 12:20am On Mar 14, 2008
nwando:

By the way where's the cut off for short ?

I wonder where I fall in
chei !
I think I'm average for a woman cool , short for a man
The last time I measured at the doctors I was 5' 6"
make una tell me
am I short?
i was 5'5 two years again. . . now i guess am 5'6 or 5'7. . . so am i jealous or am i ok? embarassed
Re: Short People Are 'most Prone To Jealousy' by pahtahkee: 12:23am On Mar 14, 2008
nwando:

People and their stupid research
correct researchers are busy in labs finding cures for devastating diseases
someone is wasting research money on short folks.
next !

You made my night with this post of yours.

I wonder why make fun of peoples height. It is disgusting and speaks low of whoever made the research and whomever decided to propagate the work of some silly researchers here.

To even think University of Groningen made contributions to the research, I find that totally disgusting. Practical waste of time and research funds.

And whoever thinks am a shortie, na your headache be that!

Silly post, silly thread, silly topic, silly research!
Re: Short People Are 'most Prone To Jealousy' by Nobody: 12:28am On Mar 14, 2008
@ sly

I have to admit I'm cracking my ribs here. grin grin grin
I don't need your services, thank you cool. Is that what you do for a living? Organizing fantastic tables for people about to wed?  How is business going? cheesy

@ nwando I'm 5' 3" cheesy. You are definitely not short. grin
Re: Short People Are 'most Prone To Jealousy' by TheSly: 12:35am On Mar 14, 2008
i was 5'5 two years again. . . now i guess am 5'6 or 5'7. . . so am i jealous or am i ok? embarassed embarassed
Toyin. . .sharap. . . nothing for u. . angry angry angry

@ sly

I don't need your services, thank you cool. Is that what you do for a living? Organizing fantastic tables for people about to wed? How is business going? cheesy

No that is not what i do cool. . . . U know as a brother. . . . cool
I should be in charge of that since i already know your height! cheesy
I was only being nice to a sister. . . . . .savvy? cheesy
Re: Short People Are 'most Prone To Jealousy' by Nobody: 12:40am On Mar 14, 2008
stillwater:

@ sly

I don't need your services, thank you cool. Is that what you do for a living? Organizing fantastic tables for people about to wed?  How is business going? cheesy

@ nwando I'm 5' 3" cheesy. You are definitely not short. grin

@ still you're cute and petite.That's the word.

I know we all say short men this and short men that.
is it really true.
It's like saying blacks are stupid compared to whites
Is that a fact or a myth?
would a black person with the same exposure and benefits accorded to a white man all things being equal under perform and if he does is it because he's black ?

Are fat people more jolly than thin ones ?
are they lazier ?
Re: Short People Are 'most Prone To Jealousy' by Nobody: 12:46am On Mar 14, 2008
®~^Sly^~®:

Toyin. . .sharap. . . nothing for u. . angry angry angry
Eyah. . you see this? the bobo is jealous o. . .jay, just b/c you're 5'1" and am 5'6" you're already jealous. na wa o
Re: Short People Are 'most Prone To Jealousy' by Nobody: 12:48am On Mar 14, 2008
@ still you're cute and petite.That's the word.

awww thanks smiley . Some people like sly are just so quick to put you in a box cool.
Re: Short People Are 'most Prone To Jealousy' by Nobody: 12:50am On Mar 14, 2008
While, women, on the other hand, were most jealous of others' beauty and charm, but least so if their own height was average.

Citing the conclusions, researchers said that the finding makes evolutionary sense because previous findings suggest that whilst taller men do best with the ladies, it is women of medium height who enjoy the best health, fertility and popularity with men.

But unlike tall men, medium-height women can be more vulnerable to jealousy under some circumstances.

Faced with socially or physically powerful rivals they actually felt more jealous than shorter or taller women

The highlighted part makes a total nonsense of the stupid study.
On one hand the research says the medium height women were least jealous and then in certain circumstances they were more jealous compared to taller and shorter women.
I don't get it.

The mere fact that it goes both ways tells me that individuals,short,tall and medium under some circumstances are prone to jealousy.
It's just a trait common to all humans.
I wonder the journal they publish these backyard research work at. grin
Real reseachers publish their work with real testable facts in journals like "Nature".
Re: Short People Are 'most Prone To Jealousy' by bluesky4(f): 12:52am On Mar 14, 2008
is it me who is reading this article wrong? undecided

Is this article not saying that short AND in certain circumstances medium-sized women are jealous

The study, conducted by researchers from the Universities of Groningen and Valencia, found that men, who generally felt most nervous about attractive, rich and strong rivals, were increasingly relaxed, the taller they were themselves.

Citing the conclusions, researchers said that the finding makes evolutionary sense because previous findings suggest that whilst taller men do best with the ladies, it is women [/b]of [b]medium height [/b]who enjoy the best health, fertility and popularity with men.

But unlike tall men, [b]medium-height
women can be more vulnerable to jealousy under some circumstances.

Faced with socially or physically powerful rivals they actually felt more jealous [/b]than [b]shorter [/b]or t[b]aller women.

According to the study, this may be because tall and strong, or socially well-connected women could well pose a threat to average-height feminine favourites since they might win conflicts, including physical fights.

"Taller women are more dominant and have greater fighting abilities than shorter women," New Scientist quoted the researchers, as stating Cool

Jealousy

people what do u think? Grin Grin
Re: Short People Are 'most Prone To Jealousy' by TheSly: 12:56am On Mar 14, 2008
Eyah. . you see this? the bobo is jealous o. . .jay, just b/c you're 5'1" and am 5'6" you're already jealous. na wa o
Keep deceiving urself. . . . . . .we know who is ''jeluse''! cheesy here. . . .
Re: Short People Are 'most Prone To Jealousy' by TheSly: 1:03am On Mar 14, 2008
awww thanks smiley. Some people like sly are just so quick to put you in a box cool.

I know . . . . .I know. . . . that *coughs* cheesymidgets are cute as well. . . tongue
Re: Short People Are 'most Prone To Jealousy' by Nobody: 1:20am On Mar 14, 2008
®~^Sly^~®:

Keep deceiving yourself. . . . . . .we know who is ''jeluse''! cheesy here. . . .

eh en? so you remeber mr jeluse? or abi you're both the same persons. . .its ok, jay, be jealous no more. . sometimes (rarely) i wish i was short like you shocked grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Do Guys Loose Interest In A Lady Immediately After Having Sex? / How To Have Sex For The First Time And Enjoy It / OMG!!! See The Kind Of Nude Pics This Girl Posted On Her Facebook Wall

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.