Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,150 members, 7,818,467 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:24 PM

FG Commences Dualisation Of Benin-Auchi-Lokoja-Abuja Road - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Commences Dualisation Of Benin-Auchi-Lokoja-Abuja Road (2625 Views)

Fayose Extends Ikere Dualisation Project, Distributes Cheques - Photos / FG Commences Direct Payment Of N65,000 To Ex-militants / Terrible Situation Of Benin Auchi Road By Aduwawa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Commences Dualisation Of Benin-Auchi-Lokoja-Abuja Road by Nobody: 4:02pm On Feb 16, 2013
The Federal Government has commenced the dualisation of Benin-Lokoja-Abuja Express way which was flagged-off Friday by the Minister of Works, Mr. Mike Onolemenmen who urged the contractors and the supervising team of the ministry to do everything within their professional competences to actualize the project.

The project, according to him would be divided into four sections namely Benin-Ehor, Ehor-Irrua, Irrua-Auchi, and Auchi-Lokoja.

He disclosed that the multi-billion naira project is expected to be completed in 30 months, adding that when completed, President Goodluck Jonathan would have delivered on his promise to link the six geo-political zones in the country with dual carriage ways.

His words: “You will recall that in 2006, the Federal Executive Council [FEC] awarded four sections of the dualisation of Abuja-Lokoja road to Messers Dantata and Sawoe Construction Company Nig. Ltd, RCC Nig. Ltd, Bulletin Construction Nig.Ltd and Gitto Construzoioni Genralli Nig. Ltd respectively.

“Initially these projects were constrained by inadequate budgetary provision which made the project to linger until the establishment of SURE-P by Mr. President in January 2012. This action has injected the much needed funds required for the completion of the projects and I am optimistic that the four projects will be fully realized by March 2014”.

The Minister explained that the Federal Ministry of Works followed a thorough rigorous competitive tender that saw the emergence of the contractors now saddled with the responsibilities of actualizing the dream of completion of the projects.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/fg-commences-dualisation-of-benin-auchi-lokoja-abuja-road/139662/
Re: FG Commences Dualisation Of Benin-Auchi-Lokoja-Abuja Road by Nobody: 4:34pm On Feb 16, 2013
By the time most of President Jonathan's projects near completion towards late 2014, even haters would scream wow!! How did this happen?
Re: FG Commences Dualisation Of Benin-Auchi-Lokoja-Abuja Road by ypzilanti: 4:41pm On Feb 16, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: By the time most of President Jonathan projects would near completion towards late 2014, even haters would scream wow!! How did this happen?

Good. Please tell him to work on the East west road too. It's hard to believe any road project will be completed, when he has been unable to execute the one in his backyard.
Re: FG Commences Dualisation Of Benin-Auchi-Lokoja-Abuja Road by Israelmossaic: 4:43pm On Feb 16, 2013
He said meaningful projects will be initiated and executed in 2013. He also said Nigerians should wait patiently and assess him after 2013, now I know say Gej mean business. Goodluck to Goodluck
Re: FG Commences Dualisation Of Benin-Auchi-Lokoja-Abuja Road by billante(m): 4:44pm On Feb 16, 2013
Dual carriage all the way....abuja to lokoja....lokoja to benin...benin to onitsha....onitsha to enugu....enugu to port harcourt! Can they all be completed before d end of dis tenure!

If GEJ can complete These roads before his tenure ends

Lagos-ibadan
Sagamu-benin
East-west road
Abuja-lokoja
Enugu-onitsha
Enugu-port harcourt
Ibadan-ilorin
Kano-maidugri

He should be adjudged as d best govt in achievment!
Re: FG Commences Dualisation Of Benin-Auchi-Lokoja-Abuja Road by kelvincoll(m): 4:59pm On Feb 16, 2013
billante: Dual carriage all the way....abuja to lokoja....lokoja to benin...benin to onitsha....onitsha to enugu....enugu to port harcourt! Can they all be completed before d end of dis tenure!

Lagos-ibadan
Sagamu-benin
East-west road
Abuja-lokoja
Enugu-onitsha
Enugu-port harcourt
Ibadan-ilorin
Kano-maidugri

Hmmm.... If truly these roads can be worked on and finished before his tenure expires and then stable power supply, Naija don better be that. I would vote for his annointed sef if He doesn't re-contest. One just hope the quality of the roads wouldn't be compromised. Good one frm FG
Re: FG Commences Dualisation Of Benin-Auchi-Lokoja-Abuja Road by ba7man(m): 5:00pm On Feb 16, 2013
GEJ also has to send out a strong message on his fight against corruption to prove that he's capable of leading this country till 2019.
Re: FG Commences Dualisation Of Benin-Auchi-Lokoja-Abuja Road by takedat(m): 5:09pm On Feb 16, 2013
No be to Commence, na to Complete dey important! Work commenced on lots of abandoned projects in the past, but has not been completed while some were completely abandoned!
Re: FG Commences Dualisation Of Benin-Auchi-Lokoja-Abuja Road by Nobody: 5:26pm On Feb 16, 2013
take dat: No be to Commence, na to Complete dey important! Work commenced on lots of abandoned projects in the past, but has not been completed while some were completely abandoned!
But when Lagos state govt commenced the laying of tracks on the Lagos light rail project, it was popping of champagne and celebration galore by the "Eko oni ba je" on this same forum.
I hypocrisy unprecedented!

Kindly point to one (1) project that was started (or continued in case of inherited abandoned projects) by GEJ and later stopped
Re: FG Commences Dualisation Of Benin-Auchi-Lokoja-Abuja Road by takedat(m): 5:49pm On Feb 16, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
But when Lagos state govt commenced the laying of tracks on the Lagos light rail project, it was popping of champagne and celebration galore by the "Eko oni ba je" on this same forum.

Kindly point to one (1) project that was started (or continued in case of inherited abandoned projects) by GEJ and later stopped
Kindly dig out any of my posts to lay claim that I am a member of the "Eko oni baje" crew. If you are unable to do that, then you are the real hypocrite!

My initial post was borne out of the fact that projects executed by government are snail paced because of paucity of funds, allocations for them come in piece meal and corruption e.g East-West road. There is no way government wld complete the dualisation, even if there is the political will to do so that won't take a minimum of 4years. To disprove this claim, Kindly point out to a project initiated by Jonathan and has been completed in the last two years! I expressed my reservations because I know how things work in Nigeria!
Re: FG Commences Dualisation Of Benin-Auchi-Lokoja-Abuja Road by plendil: 7:09pm On Feb 16, 2013
billante: Dual carriage all the way....abuja to lokoja....lokoja to benin...benin to onitsha....onitsha to enugu....enugu to port harcourt! Can they all be completed before d end of dis tenure!

Lagos-ibadan
Sagamu-benin
East-west road
Abuja-lokoja
Enugu-onitsha
Enugu-port harcourt
Ibadan-ilorin
Kano-maidugri

@BOLDED, I agree considerable progress has been achieved on that stretch, especially the Awka - Onitsha part of it. The Enugu-awka was more of patch work.

FG should also do something about Enugu - Abakaliki road. That road has been a nightmare to users.

1 Like

Re: FG Commences Dualisation Of Benin-Auchi-Lokoja-Abuja Road by billante(m): 7:56pm On Feb 16, 2013
plendil:

@BOLDED, I agree considerable progress has been achieved on that stretch, especially the Awka - Onitsha part of it. The Enugu-awka was more of patch work.

FG should also do something about Enugu - Abakaliki road. That road has been a nightmare to users.

Enugu state govt is dualizing its end, Ebonyi shld do same for their own end and collect refund from FG!
Re: FG Commences Dualisation Of Benin-Auchi-Lokoja-Abuja Road by Nobody: 8:07pm On Feb 16, 2013
take dat: Kindly dig out any of my posts to lay claim that I am a member of the "Eko oni baje" crew. If you are unable to do that, then you are the real hypocrite!

My initial post was borne out of the fact that projects executed by government are snail paced because of paucity of funds, allocations for them come in piece meal and corruption e.g East-West road. There is no way government wld complete the dualisation, even if there is the political will to do so that won't take a minimum of 4years. To disprove this claim, Kindly point out to a project initiated by Jonathan and has been completed in the last two years! I expressed my reservations because I know how things work in Nigeria!
You dont have to scream "Eko oni ba je" for you to belong to the camp of the notorious hypocrites. You'r definitely one of them, though a more conservative member. Anyway, its all good, as it's within your right to freely associate and express your opinion
Re: FG Commences Dualisation Of Benin-Auchi-Lokoja-Abuja Road by Sibrah: 8:17pm On Feb 16, 2013
And so what! Gej should oversee its completion first.
Re: FG Commences Dualisation Of Benin-Auchi-Lokoja-Abuja Road by takedat(m): 10:17pm On Feb 16, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
You dont have to scream "Eko oni ba je" for you to belong to the camp of the notorious hypocrites. You'r definitely one of them, though a more conservative member. Anyway, its all good, as it's within your right to freely associate and express your opinion
If you are in a rivalry with the "Eko oni baje" crew, kindly slug it out with them and count me out of it! Trash talking tool labelling everyone who expresses his/her reservations as hater or hypocrite!
Re: FG Commences Dualisation Of Benin-Auchi-Lokoja-Abuja Road by koruji(m): 10:35pm On Feb 16, 2013
Joke of the century, even thought there more than 80 years left in this century.

ba7man: GEJ also has to send out a strong message on his fight against corruption to prove that he's capable of leading this country till 2019.
Re: FG Commences Dualisation Of Benin-Auchi-Lokoja-Abuja Road by Nobody: 10:44pm On Feb 16, 2013
another story from the stables of big promise jona
Re: FG Commences Dualisation Of Benin-Auchi-Lokoja-Abuja Road by Bukkyade: 12:25am On Feb 17, 2013
Jonathan is really working. He is doing virtually every major road in the country after 2 years of his election as president.
Many road projects abandoned for ages are receiving attention. It took Jonathan to start Benin-Ore-Sagamu road. Enugu-Ph , Kano-Maidugri Dualisation etc.
The govt is really trying it's best while haters keep hating

1 Like

Re: FG Commences Dualisation Of Benin-Auchi-Lokoja-Abuja Road by bankoleben(m): 12:34am On Feb 17, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: By the time most of President Jonathan's projects near completion towards late 2014, even haters would scream wow!! How did this happen?

Continue to live in self-delusion, illusions never come true. By the time the end of 2014 comes, you'll be trying to convince us that the projects have not. been abandoned!
Re: FG Commences Dualisation Of Benin-Auchi-Lokoja-Abuja Road by taharqa: 12:36am On Feb 17, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:

I think you are largely right here...
Re: FG Commences Dualisation Of Benin-Auchi-Lokoja-Abuja Road by Nobody: 12:45am On Feb 17, 2013
take dat: If you are in a rivalry with the "Eko oni baje" crew, kindly slug it out with them and count me out of it! Trash talking tool labelling everyone who expresses his/her reservations as hater or hypocrite!
If they only express such reservation when it comes to FG projects but not when it involves ACN controlled states, then they'r hypocrites! But if they express such reservation for politicians in general, then they'r not hypocrites. Unfortunately, the former is common with the "Eko oni ba je" crew.

Again, what do you call a group of people who started from DAY ONE to call the president of this country all sorts of malicious names, accompanied by insults and curses, and sees absolutely nothing good about EVERY action or inaction of the president? I call them psycopathic haters.
Re: FG Commences Dualisation Of Benin-Auchi-Lokoja-Abuja Road by hercules07: 1:47am On Feb 17, 2013
Please what of Lagos - Ibadan and the Oshogbo - Ede -Iwo -Ibadan roads? I travelled from Lagos to Iresi yesterday and Aregbesola has done or is constructing far more roads than the FG in the southwest, infact, I did not see a single FG road project and. I covered over 600 kilometers.
Re: FG Commences Dualisation Of Benin-Auchi-Lokoja-Abuja Road by Nobody: 2:41am On Feb 17, 2013
"FG commences" plenty for our dictionary. Sadly, "FG completed" or "FG actualized" are so hard to find. undecided
Re: FG Commences Dualisation Of Benin-Auchi-Lokoja-Abuja Road by Nobody: 5:10am On Feb 17, 2013
They should do something about this road: Enugu - Makurdi expressway i.e. 9th mile - Makurdi road.
This road needs to be dualized. It is the only roa leading to UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA NSUKKA. Whether you going from the east or going from the north, to the university, you must pass that road.
That road has taken too much live. I thing Senator Ayogu Eze promised he would press FG to do that road after he witnessed a serious accident on that road. Just google ''accident on 9th mile - makurdi express way'' or 'accident on Enugu - makurdi expressway' and see the result.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/four-newly-discharged-nysc-members-24-others-die-in-enugu-road-crash/93593
Re: FG Commences Dualisation Of Benin-Auchi-Lokoja-Abuja Road by billante(m): 12:20pm On Feb 17, 2013
kenis: They should do something about this road: Enugu - Makurdi expressway i.e. 9th mile - Makurdi road.
This road needs to be dualized. It is the only roa leading to UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA NSUKKA. Whether you going from the east or going from the north, to the university, you must pass that road.
That road has taken too much live. I thing Senator Ayogu Eze promised he would press FG to do that road after he witnessed a serious accident on that road. Just google ''accident on 9th mile - makurdi express way'' or 'accident on Enugu - makurdi expressway' and see the result.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/four-newly-discharged-nysc-members-24-others-die-in-enugu-road-crash/93593

If they take every road at the same time do you think they will complete any!....there is something that is called priority! beside that road u mentioned is being totally resurfaced by ferma contractor, they have done about 72km out of the whole 90km of the road.

dualizing road doesn't stop accident even though it might reduce it....drivers should stop over speeding and drive safely....dats wat eradicate accident
Re: FG Commences Dualisation Of Benin-Auchi-Lokoja-Abuja Road by asala1: 4:27pm On Feb 17, 2013
Abuja-Lokoja road? Is this not the road that has been going on for more than 10years? Ok o
Re: FG Commences Dualisation Of Benin-Auchi-Lokoja-Abuja Road by otokx(m): 4:30pm On Feb 17, 2013
story story
Re: FG Commences Dualisation Of Benin-Auchi-Lokoja-Abuja Road by seanet01: 4:49pm On Feb 17, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
If they only express such reservation when it comes to FG projects but not when it involves ACN controlled states, then they'r hypocrites! But if they express such reservation for politicians in general, then they'r not hypocrites. Unfortunately, the former is common with the "Eko oni ba je" crew.

Again, what do you call a group of people who started from DAY ONE to call the president of this country all sorts of malicious names, accompanied by insults and curses, and sees absolutely nothing good about EVERY action or inaction of the president? I call them psycopathic haters.
Can you please point to Projects initiated and abandoned by ACN in Lagos state?
Waiting for you lame and feeble conjectures as usual.
Re: FG Commences Dualisation Of Benin-Auchi-Lokoja-Abuja Road by seanet01: 4:52pm On Feb 17, 2013
otokx: story story
Omo Nigerians don wisen up, PDP'S Tales by Moonlight don enter grave.
Re: FG Commences Dualisation Of Benin-Auchi-Lokoja-Abuja Road by taharqa: 7:39pm On Feb 17, 2013
asala1: Abuja-Lokoja road? Is this not the road that has been going on for more than 10years? Ok o
Its an extension of dat road from Lokoja or thereabout to Auchi/Benin in Edo state. The Abuja-Lokoja section has bn substantiali done, esp in d last yr with d help of SURE-P, and wud almost certainly wud be completd by early next yr going by dis pace. Hv u usd d road recently??
Re: FG Commences Dualisation Of Benin-Auchi-Lokoja-Abuja Road by hercules07: 8:05pm On Feb 17, 2013
What is happening on Lagos Ibadan expressway?
Re: FG Commences Dualisation Of Benin-Auchi-Lokoja-Abuja Road by plendil: 8:14pm On Feb 17, 2013
kenis: They should do something about this road: Enugu - Makurdi expressway i.e. 9th mile - Makurdi road.

I ply that road frequently and can say for a fact that a majority of the accidents are due to reckless driving. Especially the commercial transporters, Peace et al. Overtaking at bends, speeds in excess of 140km/hr are common occurrences. I sometimes wonder what they smoke before going behind the wheels.

I don't know if you may be aware of just how bad that road used to be before the renovation. Then accidents were not this frequent.

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Do You Know about Mr Presidents Children / Aliko Dangote Set To Spend $9 Billion On Refinery Project In Lagos / BBC Changes Gear,now Says "Nigeria Troops Cross Into Cameroun"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.