Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,781 members, 7,820,728 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:23 PM

Femi Fani-Kayode Blames Pistorious' Girlfriend - Celebrities (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Femi Fani-Kayode Blames Pistorious' Girlfriend (21727 Views)

Photos From Femi Fani-kayode's Daughter Traditional Wedding / Meet Femi Fani Kayode's New Hot Girlfriend (Photos) / Femi Fani-kayode And His Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Re: Femi Fani-Kayode Blames Pistorious' Girlfriend by chukkynwob(m): 8:12pm On Feb 18, 2013
BeraBera: I'm not in support of the murder at all. But come to think of it, the truth is that majority of the women who are victims of domestic violence actually provoke their husbands/ boyfriends to uncontrollable anger. They nag, scream, shout, insult, abuse their men and call them names. And we know that men are egoistic, they like being the one in charge, and don't tolerate anything that undermines their ego. So sometimes, in order to shut the shouting woman up, they end up beating them up or eventually killing them.
Whenever you hear a case of domestic violence, first ask what led to it, you will always realize that there was a heated argument in which sometimes, the women involved say all sorts of things to their men and even dare the men to kill them: "YOU MUST KILL ME TODAY"

so are now saying that in some circumstances that is not murder (you are clearly not in support of murder) that abuse is justified?

If yes why so?
Re: Femi Fani-Kayode Blames Pistorious' Girlfriend by Kabikala(m): 10:17am On Feb 20, 2013
To all of those making excuses in line with Fani-Kayode's argument that "a strange woman" can provoke a man to do what he would not normally do, let me pose a few questions:

1.) What would the same man do if his colleague constantly provokes him on the office? Slap the person? Or grab a gun and shoot?
2.) Did we ever think of women who are constantly being provoked by their male partners? What should they do with "the strange man" in such a circumstance?
3.) Islamic fundamentalists in Nigeria have killed hundreds in the past because they were provoked. An Igbo woman used the Quran to pack faeces in Kano, a teacher threw out the Quran through the window in Gombe, a lady wrote something derogatory about Mohammed in a newspaper, all these were stimuli for the various carnages that followed. Yeah, the killers were also provoked. So, does this make it justifiable, or understandable?

My conclusion:
If you are one to hinge your stupidity on the premise of being provoked, you should be locked behind bars for the rest of your life since you have refused to be civilized.

Although we still do not know the actual details of the alleged crime attributed to Pistorius, if indeed he killed his partner because he was provoked, he definitely does not deserve any mercy and he should get his due comeuppance.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Kelvin Sean: "I Don't Have Henrietta Okpoudhu, My Ex-Wife's Nude Photos & Video" / Birthday: Yemi Alade Turns 26 Today / Tonto Dikeh Reacts To Kokun's Suicidal Post

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.