Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,150 members, 7,953,548 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 06:44 PM

BLINK - Best Nigerian Short Film Ever? - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / BLINK - Best Nigerian Short Film Ever? (14163 Views)

List Of, The Most Watched Seasonal Film Ever In Nigeria.... / Blame The Machines?: A Nigerian Short Film / The Best Yoruba Film Ever? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BLINK - Best Nigerian Short Film Ever? by shadrach77: 12:49pm On Feb 20, 2013
semid4lyfe: Nice movie. . .got a question though.

Were all his dreams within a dream? undecided
that's what is called a nightmare my guy

wonderful piece! fantastic effects and marverlous acting. 10/10 cheesy wink wink

1 Like

Re: BLINK - Best Nigerian Short Film Ever? by codedest: 12:58pm On Feb 20, 2013
Why did the Doctor conclude he killed his wife? She could have drowned in the bath tub and he was taking her to hospital when the accident happened *smh* She is the psychotic one angry

1 Like

Re: BLINK - Best Nigerian Short Film Ever? by initiator(m): 1:09pm On Feb 20, 2013
Wow, awesome. Some errors but the best angles I've seen in ages.

1 Like

Re: BLINK - Best Nigerian Short Film Ever? by Asis(m): 1:55pm On Feb 20, 2013
Brief n gud..

1 Like

Re: BLINK - Best Nigerian Short Film Ever? by Nobody: 3:17pm On Feb 20, 2013
Is the movie about me?...lol.

1 Like

Re: BLINK - Best Nigerian Short Film Ever? by VillageBoi(m): 5:13pm On Feb 20, 2013
RofoRofoAmebo: There seem to be so many short films coming out in Nigeria now - really impressive stuff but are they making any money? is it sustainable?

That means you don't know why short films are made? Many people make them to learn the ropes, gain exposure, for film festivals and so on; not for money as no one really buys shorts.
I personally am very glad to see many more Nigerians making shorts - this can only be a very good thing as they are cutting their teeth, finding their voice and style BEFORE venturing into feature length films - mathematically that should translate into many, many more GOOD feature films a few years down the line.

1 Like

Re: BLINK - Best Nigerian Short Film Ever? by ndgfx(m): 6:21pm On Feb 20, 2013
Just watched the video....liked it...and Downloaded it.

It's not a dream within a dream but a Dream Loop...the person is forced to relive a series of events again and again, with the same outcome, regardless the actions taken. I don't know how this happens medically (since the brain is medically active but he simply refuses to wake up), but in my opinion, that's the worst form of torture ever. Kinda similar in synopsis to Silent Hill, where a young girl is wronged and at her time of passing merges with an evil spirit and locks her entire town in a waking nightmare.

1 Like

Re: BLINK - Best Nigerian Short Film Ever? by Jayboy124: 10:32pm On Feb 20, 2013
I have made some short films that I always seem to thrash too. I know no one can make a 'perfect' film but again, one has to be proud of what he has done before sharing with others.

The idea is for me to keep making films till I make something I am proud of. Some screen shots from the last one.

VillageBoi:

My man pls link your movie, we all would love to watch it. Don't wait to be perfect (even James Cameron & Peter Jacksone aren't) and don't wait for the film to be 'perfect' (IMHO no such film exists).

Re: BLINK - Best Nigerian Short Film Ever? by Jayboy124: 10:39pm On Feb 20, 2013
I am always fascinated by people who create something that"s unique. This short film is. Nice one.
Re: BLINK - Best Nigerian Short Film Ever? by Originalsly: 4:58am On Feb 21, 2013
It's not nice to say but it is the truth and the truth is bitter. I am pissed...pissed after watching this film.Here is this one camera guy...maybe even fone video...making such a brilliant film...and yet...Nollywood money producers wouldn't give them a break.Nollywood is not lacking talent but lacking opportunities. The car crash...hmmm...I have never seen anything like that from Hollywood....and I know he didnt crash any car...he may not even own a car! To the guy withholding his short film...I like that...dont put it out until uou think it is good enough. Michael Jackson never put out a song until he thought it was good enough.

1 Like

Re: BLINK - Best Nigerian Short Film Ever? by knzguru(m): 1:08pm On Feb 21, 2013
Some more short films...

Short Film: Grain of Wheat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9Tz00dqXew

Short Film: 6:30pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymQnvXFe-P4

Short Film: Dependence (film school project)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quUFdkhrhaI
Re: BLINK - Best Nigerian Short Film Ever? by ijebabe: 3:02pm On Feb 21, 2013
^ Seen the movies before. Grain of wheat wasn't impressive but 6.30 was done well.

1 Like

Re: BLINK - Best Nigerian Short Film Ever? by VillageBoi(m): 9:47pm On Feb 21, 2013
I was entertained but I agree with Ijebabe that Grain of Wheat was the least impressive.

1 Like

Re: BLINK - Best Nigerian Short Film Ever? by Originalsly: 3:04am On Feb 22, 2013
I ran out of patience to watch Grain of Wheat to the end! Hmmm...6:30 pm....no doubt...d guy know how to put viewers on edge! ...even d girl handworks on the steering wheel scared me!

1 Like

Re: BLINK - Best Nigerian Short Film Ever? by Nobody: 3:38pm On Mar 29, 2013
this short is great. Damn! I wont say more than that.

1 Like

Re: BLINK - Best Nigerian Short Film Ever? by Nobody: 4:16pm On Mar 29, 2013
I think i have to say this though. grin. The sound isnt great.
then the hospital scene isn't professonal. The nurse should refer to the doctor as 'doctor' not 'ma'(i.e. 'I know Doc/Doctor', 'yes doctor etc).....except ofcourse they are close outside the office (we know the doc is older)-i doubt this is it, judging from their interaction. That particular scene made me feel like i was watching the typical alaba films grin. If the filmmaker is following this thread, please note it......and anytime you wanna make a flick having a professional scene, always carry out your research very well (cos i know you did but not very well).

1 Like

Re: BLINK - Best Nigerian Short Film Ever? by ijebabe: 8:21pm On Mar 29, 2013
^Yeah I felt the same but I enjoyed the film so much that this minor screw up was brushed aside grin

2 Likes

Re: BLINK - Best Nigerian Short Film Ever? by knzguru(m): 3:54pm On Apr 30, 2013
Check out these Trailers for In Iredu.

In Iredu is an epic African short film adaptation of Macbeth directed and produced by young Nigerian film makers and is to distributed free. When it launches the film will be posted on Nairaland

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fpd3_cbuRgA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZ5LmvxtJi0
Re: BLINK - Best Nigerian Short Film Ever? by ponana(m): 7:54am On May 04, 2013
My Ogagun baa, wonderful actinng. Keep it up. Hope to see you making your millions in the movie industry soon. At least your performance shows that of someone who knows what he is doing . Nice production as well. You could try creating more online hype to increase your appeal outside naija borders
Re: BLINK - Best Nigerian Short Film Ever? by ocubex: 7:12pm On Aug 07, 2015
Brilliant film...
Re: BLINK - Best Nigerian Short Film Ever? by richiekpe: 10:43am On Jan 24, 2018
nice SHORT FILM (Blink) more grace as u keep doing what you doing:

MEANWHILE u guy can check out this MUCH WATCHED short film on WHAT happens to a man when keep maltreating his woman:

A WOMAN'S WORLD (part 1) a short film about why men abuse women..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfLovxQsALQ

PLUS BONUS:

WHO would u rather marry: BLACK or WHITE woman??:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4tkGNGlseI

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Next Movie Star Reality Show / Watch And Download After Earth / FLORUISH Evicted From The Big Brother Naija 'no Loose Guard' House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.