Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,842 members, 7,810,245 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:08 AM

BIOCHEMISTS: Lets Meet Here Pls.. - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / BIOCHEMISTS: Lets Meet Here Pls.. (18746 Views)

Biochemists,biochemistry Students And Aspirants.lets Meet Here / What Are The Employment Oppurtunities For Biochemists In Nigeria Today ? / Any Biochemists In The House Plssssssssss Help! (urgent)! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BIOCHEMISTS: Lets Meet Here Pls.. by bukahands(m): 11:35am On Apr 18, 2013
lexy4me: bros direct entry to mbbs is not feasible in naija here u will av to start all over from year 1 a av a collegue den who has done dis b4

I don't understand what u mean by feasible cos all my friend 4 of dem got in thru direct entry, my Uncle who's our family doctor entered through DE. Once u have 2'1 and pass the entrance exam u get in though very competitive but easier to get in d uni u previously studied.

Even if u enter from year 1 it won't still be 9yrs
Re: BIOCHEMISTS: Lets Meet Here Pls.. by Treasure28: 4:43pm On Apr 19, 2013
House, i'm a fresh graduate of biochemistry and will b going for NYSC by july. I intend going back to study pharmacy. But kind of confused with the issue of B.pharm and pharm D. Pls advice
Re: BIOCHEMISTS: Lets Meet Here Pls.. by moshoodn(m): 11:09pm On Apr 23, 2013
Why aren't no metabolites talking about Mastering in Biophysics, Bioinformatics, Biometry, Toxicology, Neuroscience, and Oncology.

Those are very good fields.

Forget the public health / pharmacology things... Leave that for the Bsc Public Health/ Pharmacist dudes.

Just my #1 naira.
Re: BIOCHEMISTS: Lets Meet Here Pls.. by 2Awesome: 7:00pm On Apr 25, 2013
Great metabolites tuale
what are the professional courses one can start taking as a year 3 biochemist prior to graduation
secondly i am having problems finding an Industrial training placement. i need help
Re: BIOCHEMISTS: Lets Meet Here Pls.. by StateOfMind: 10:00pm On Apr 25, 2013
moshoodn: Why aren't no metabolites talking about Mastering in Biophysics, Bioinformatics, Biometry, Toxicology, Neuroscience, and Oncology.

Those are very good fields.

Forget the public health / pharmacology things... Leave that for the Bsc Public Health/ Pharmacist dudes.

Just my #1 naira.

Truth is I also wanted to go for masters in public health, but right now, I'm really interested in msc toxicology and I'm doing my little research on it
Re: BIOCHEMISTS: Lets Meet Here Pls.. by moshoodn(m): 10:45pm On Apr 25, 2013
StateOfMind:

Truth is I also wanted to go for masters in public health, but right now, I'm really interested in msc toxicology and I'm doing my little research on it

Toxicology is cool and has a wide range of applications in Nigeria....

From Hospitals to Pharmaceuticals to NDLEA to NAFDAC to Immigrations etc..

Its really a cool option.

Thanks for the prospectus.
Re: BIOCHEMISTS: Lets Meet Here Pls.. by Alfrediolu: 12:18am On Apr 28, 2013
Hey people, i'm a biochemist in oau 300level, i wish to transfer to a school abroad for biochemical engineering or biotech especially on scholarship, i don't know how feasible it is, but i'll really appreciate any form of info or suggestions
Re: BIOCHEMISTS: Lets Meet Here Pls.. by Jman06(m): 8:10pm On May 16, 2013
Great metabolites!I am a fresh graduate of biochem 4rm unijos,wll be going 4 service by june.Well it's un4tunate that our predecesors in d field of biochem av not done well 2 carve a niche for biochemists in nigeria,hence even d commonest ppl like d so called medical lab 'scientists' get d jobs while biochemists have only d knowledge without being employed.It's high time we d younger generation of biochemists rise up 2 d challenge and fight for our rights to own private labs where we can apply our knowledge to improve d lots of nigerians.I love biochemistry!

3 Likes

Re: BIOCHEMISTS: Lets Meet Here Pls.. by Alfrediolu: 11:22am On May 17, 2013
I was researching the field of enzymology and i want to know how applicable and lucrative it is in Nigeria.
Re: BIOCHEMISTS: Lets Meet Here Pls.. by bukahands(m): 12:01pm On May 17, 2013
Alfrediolu: I was researching the field of enzymology and i want to know how applicable and lucrative it is in Nigeria.

Not lucrative in Nigeria, but lecturing is a good path
Re: BIOCHEMISTS: Lets Meet Here Pls.. by 2Awesome: 6:46pm On May 17, 2013
It dropped my jaw that our beloved biochemistry does not really have a place in the real world I mean in Nigeria. Its worst to point that even the loboratories that is supposed to be a sure place for us a lot of time turn us down and take medical lab student instead. I am still wondering what we would use our TCA cycle for I don't want to believe what somebody said that biochem is a uselessly hard course

1 Like

Re: BIOCHEMISTS: Lets Meet Here Pls.. by Jman06(m): 8:37am On May 18, 2013
It's too bad
2Awesome: It dropped my jaw that our beloved biochemistry does not really have a place in the real world I mean in Nigeria. Its worst to point that even the loboratories that is supposed to be a sure place for us a lot of time turn us down and take medical lab student instead. I am still wondering what we would use our TCA cycle for I don't want to believe what somebody said that biochem is a uselessly hard course
Re: BIOCHEMISTS: Lets Meet Here Pls.. by lexy4me(m): 5:50pm On May 26, 2013
Alfrediolu: Hey people, i'm a biochemist in oau 300level, i wish to transfer to a school abroad for biochemical engineering or biotech especially on scholarship, i don't know how feasible it is, but i'll really appreciate any form of info or suggestions
my friend, the feasibility of your quest is quite minute, the best advice I have for you is finish up your Bsc, back home a good result and apply for Msc biotech or biochem eng and I believe with God and the right info you are sure to meet your dreams.....am currently serving and your career path aint much different from mine ......best wishes dude
Re: BIOCHEMISTS: Lets Meet Here Pls.. by kingodeya: 2:19pm On Jun 11, 2013
Guyz pls want are the trade/other names of leucine?i can seem to get it in any phamacy.tanx.
Re: BIOCHEMISTS: Lets Meet Here Pls.. by EzeUchennaN(m): 5:48pm On Jun 12, 2013
imoh4king: Guys, I am a 300level biochemistry student in Unilag. Please, how can one get chloroform or is it possible to prepare it? Pls help.

Chloroform( trichloromethane) can be prepared by reacting methane gas with 3vols of chlorine gas in the presence of UV light to yield chloroform. This is reaction is a substitution reaction.
It can be prepared in large scale in industries by this reaction.
Re: BIOCHEMISTS: Lets Meet Here Pls.. by EzeUchennaN(m): 5:49pm On Jun 12, 2013
imoh4king: Guys, I am a 300level biochemistry student in Unilag. Please, how can one get chloroform or is it possible to prepare it? Pls help.

Chloroform( trichloromethane) can be prepared by reacting methane gas with 3vols of chlorine gas in the presence of UV light to yield chloroform. This is reaction is a substitution reaction.
It can be prepared in large scale in industries by substitution reaction.
Re: BIOCHEMISTS: Lets Meet Here Pls.. by Nobody: 12:03pm On Jun 15, 2013
greatestt Biochemists, how r u all doing?...lexy, how u dey?
Re: BIOCHEMISTS: Lets Meet Here Pls.. by Hardeybiryo(m): 12:25pm On Jun 24, 2013
Pls i need info on any professional course dat can keep me busy for now. Anybody will infos shd pls supply it, preferable info on H.S.E.
Re: BIOCHEMISTS: Lets Meet Here Pls.. by wolebs0007(m): 5:51pm On Jul 02, 2013
Greetings to all the metabolites in here. Its quite not encouraging that a hard course like biochem is less regarded in a country like ours. Concerning masters, I'm currently having the same problem of choosing a carrier path. Contemplating between environmental health science(public health) and indo. Biochem. Any advice on these fields. pls?
Re: BIOCHEMISTS: Lets Meet Here Pls.. by lexy4me(m): 11:06am On Jul 10, 2013
vivichocs: greatestt Biochemists, how r u all doing?...lexy, how u dey?
vivichocs I dey 5n oooo! Ages ma dear, wia em finally post u to?.....am in ph ooooo
Re: BIOCHEMISTS: Lets Meet Here Pls.. by lexy4me(m): 11:08am On Jul 10, 2013
wolebs0007: Greetings to all the metabolites in here. Its quite not encouraging that a hard course like biochem is less regarded in a country like ours. Concerning masters, I'm currently having the same problem of choosing a carrier path. Contemplating between environmental health science(public health) and indo. Biochem. Any advice on these fields. pls?
d best advice u need is be resolute! Every 1 has dia desires n drimz, I bliv both areas are cool bt den if u after d financial benefits pub health should fly here in naija,
Re: BIOCHEMISTS: Lets Meet Here Pls.. by Alfrediolu: 12:46am On Jul 11, 2013
lexy4me: my friend, the feasibility of your quest is quite minute, the best advice I have for you is finish up your Bsc, back home a good result and apply for Msc biotech or biochem eng and I believe with God and the right info you are sure to meet your dreams.....am currently serving and your career path aint much different from mine ......best wishes dude
thanx a bunch lexy, i'd like to talk wit u more on d career, since its also related to ur choice field, i'd be glad if i can have ur num to chat more, thanx.
Re: BIOCHEMISTS: Lets Meet Here Pls.. by lexy4me(m): 5:46pm On Jul 13, 2013
Alfrediolu: thanx a bunch lexy, i'd like to talk wit u more on d career, since its also related to ur choice field, i'd be glad if i can have ur num to chat more, thanx.
check d earlier pages of dis trend, av posted ma number b4....if u re on bbm 332be36d is ma pin, lost ma oda bb
Re: BIOCHEMISTS: Lets Meet Here Pls.. by emmaliver(m): 10:35pm On Jul 13, 2013
Lol i will share my experiences with you shortly, hoping i will be able to motivate and encourage as many biochemists as possible. keep in touch
Re: BIOCHEMISTS: Lets Meet Here Pls.. by Nobody: 5:36pm On Jul 17, 2013
lexy4me: vivichocs I dey 5n oooo! Ages ma dear, wia em finally post u to?.....am in ph ooooo
na benue state i dey oo, buruku to be precise....u dey flex for Ph na..norin do u
Re: BIOCHEMISTS: Lets Meet Here Pls.. by imperiouxx(m): 6:12am On Jul 18, 2013
I no go carry last.... A biochemist here saying twale to all my big ogas.
Re: BIOCHEMISTS: Lets Meet Here Pls.. by bukahands(m): 7:01pm On Jul 20, 2013
imperiouxx: I no go carry last.... A biochemist here saying twale to all my big ogas.

Great oga how far ? How is your programme going ? Make sure you share your experience here ooo
Re: BIOCHEMISTS: Lets Meet Here Pls.. by imperiouxx(m): 11:15pm On Jul 20, 2013
bukahands:

Great oga how far ? How is your programme going ? Make sure you share your experience here ooo

I'm graduating this fall, I can't wait till then...... Happy!
Re: BIOCHEMISTS: Lets Meet Here Pls.. by Nobody: 10:26am On Aug 03, 2013
emmaliver: Lol i will share my experiences with you shortly, hoping i will be able to motivate and encourage as many biochemists as possible. keep in touch
still waiting for ur experience, pls.
Re: BIOCHEMISTS: Lets Meet Here Pls.. by Nobody: 9:57am On Aug 09, 2013
pls my fellow bchists, is toxicology lucrative in Nigeria?? currently considering it undecided
Re: BIOCHEMISTS: Lets Meet Here Pls.. by informat101(f): 8:27pm On Aug 09, 2013
Still waiting for the inspiring experience.
Re: BIOCHEMISTS: Lets Meet Here Pls.. by Lekan155: 8:01pm On Aug 25, 2013
METABOLITIC GREETINGS TO THE HOUSE...
Am a 500L biochemistry student with one semester to go,..
@vivichocs, nice thread
@all, nice to be here,
Nice to study b.i.o.c.h.e.m.i.s.t.r.y smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

GTBank Starting Salary? / Banks’ Contract Workers Rise To 46,235 / Is This The Best Resignation Letter Ever?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.