Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,583 members, 7,837,199 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:45 PM

Pope Benedict Resigned To Avoid Arrest And Siezure Of Church Property - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pope Benedict Resigned To Avoid Arrest And Siezure Of Church Property (6389 Views)

Pastor Oritsejafor Drags Fashola To Court Over Planned Demolition Of Church / Pope Benedict To Resign / Members Of Church Of Satan Meets Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pope Benedict Resigned To Avoid Arrest And Siezure Of Church Property by tpia5: 7:47pm On Feb 17, 2013
sounds fake, imo.
Re: Pope Benedict Resigned To Avoid Arrest And Siezure Of Church Property by Ubenedictus(m): 7:48pm On Feb 17, 2013
Evil Brain:

Its easier to arrest and prosecute Benedict because before he became pope, he was the head of the organisation directly responsible for dealing with child r@pe cases. To get the next pope, they'll have to start building another case against him from scratch. Plus the church can choose a pope that has few or no direct links to the cover-ups. Changing the pope is the best move the church can make right now. It doesn't solve the problem completely, but it buys them plenty of time, and reduces the likely damage to the church.

All you need is a pair of handcuffs and a small jail cell. What's hard about that?
it will be almost imposible to prosecute a sitting pope, u'll have to go to hague, not european union, i mean hague! If anything his resignation gives his alledge prosecutors a chance. That is why dis story is false! If he did recieve such a warrant d logical thing to do is to remain pope, becos then only hague can work his case, resigning doesnt help anyone. Not to talk of d fact that d e.u cant arrest him.
Re: Pope Benedict Resigned To Avoid Arrest And Siezure Of Church Property by Ubenedictus(m): 7:52pm On Feb 17, 2013
Evil Brain:

Give them time. Big media houses would want to verify from multiple sources including the authorities planning the arrest. The problem is that its difficult to confirm that there are plans to issue a warrant until it actually happens. Plus its still possible the the church's powerful friends will still manage to stifle the process before it reaches fruition.

In any case, we already know that priests have been r@ping children, that the church has been covering it up for decades, and that pope Benedict was directly involved. There is more than enough evidence to jail him and many of the other church leaders. If any other organization did what they did, they would be rounded up just like any other group of criminals. And remember that we are talking about children being abused. Why is it so far fetched to believe that the authorities are finally waking up to their responsibility?

Benedict is the first pope in 598 years to resign. Plenty of others before him have gotten old and sick, yet they didn't resign. This is the best explanation available.
actually there is totally NO evidence to arrest him nor to jail him! All that joke u pasted above is d work of mass media. Benedict cant be linked to the cover up at all!
Re: Pope Benedict Resigned To Avoid Arrest And Siezure Of Church Property by Ubenedictus(m): 7:56pm On Feb 17, 2013
Evil Brain:

You are assuming that people care more about the church than they do about protecting children from habitual ped0philes, which is far from certain.

Child molesters are a special class of criminal. People will forgive almost anything, but when it comes to grown men doing dirty things to defenseless children a kind of red mist descends in front of their eyes.

And we're not talking about one or two kids here. They've been literally thousands or cases, not including those who haven't come forward. Thousands of cases, over several decades occurring all around the world.

Are you really sure people are going to be so eager to defend a bunch of child molesters or the corrupt organisation that facilitates r@pes and protect r@pists?
I wouldn't be so confident.
and no one can prove that the pope did any coverup! I'm not resposible for the moral screwup of my brothers, d pope isnt responsible for d rape of d priest.
Re: Pope Benedict Resigned To Avoid Arrest And Siezure Of Church Property by Ubenedictus(m): 7:57pm On Feb 17, 2013
tobechi20: I dnt totaly belive pope benedict resignd önly because of old age. There is more to it. After pope john paul was much older than him
johnpaul isnt much older my dear.
Re: Pope Benedict Resigned To Avoid Arrest And Siezure Of Church Property by pokur: 8:15pm On Feb 17, 2013
Evil Brain:

Not every state recognizes the Vatican's statehood. It's not recognized by the UN for one, so his diplomatic immunity is suspect.
Idjit,the Vatican is a sovereign state with an observer status at the UN.Observer cos it CHOSE to be,didn't want to get involved in day-to-day UN politics.You are entitled to self-service to any conspiracy folly of ur choosing,but u can't go about twisting facts
Re: Pope Benedict Resigned To Avoid Arrest And Siezure Of Church Property by Lovethywilbedon: 8:52pm On Feb 17, 2013
Evil Brain: Apparently the European Union is finally willing to take action against the Vatican and its leadership on charges of criminal conspiracy for its systematic cover-ups of child molestation by its members and its protection of ped0phile priests.

The catholic church has long behaved like a criminal organisation. Its leaders have a culture of r@ping and abusing children. The church leadership then covers these abuses up by pressuring victims and their families, by attempting to discredit those who come forward, by moving the priests around to avoid prosecution, and offering cash settlements when cornered in court.

Regardless of anything else they do or did in the past, the catholic church is now essentially an international child molestation ring. They are an organised crime syndicate just like the Italian Mafia, except that the Mafia don’t r@pe children.

Prosecutors have long turned a blind eye to their crimes likely because of the church's influence in government and law enforcement, but it seem that their luck has finally run out.

For more coverage: http://www.salem-news.com/articles/february122013/pope-resigns.php
http://www.stuff.co.nz/world/europe/8314813/Retired-pope-immune-from-abuse-probes
My friend tell us something new about The Catholic Church "THE BRIDIAL SPOUSE OF CHRIST" All these is nothing when compaired with what was said against Christ.
Re: Pope Benedict Resigned To Avoid Arrest And Siezure Of Church Property by Lovethywilbedon: 9:01pm On Feb 17, 2013
Evil Brain: It seems that the mainstream press is deliberately turning a blind eye to this story. The news has been out for at least a few days and CNN, FOX and co are systematically ignoring it.

I guess Catholics in positions of power are still doing their best to protect mother church. Which is exactly what got them into this mess in the first place.
My friend, this is to prove to you that it is all LIES. Tell me any bad news about The Catholic Church that these secular media like FOX, CNN and Aljazeera will delay to broadcast to the entire planet using their powerful satelite communiction technology?
Re: Pope Benedict Resigned To Avoid Arrest And Siezure Of Church Property by Anyigala(m): 9:19pm On Feb 17, 2013
If their is ever a story that is not worth reading, it is this absolutel, incredibly dumb article. Do you really think that mainstream media will waste 2 seconds in reporting this if it is authentic? Are you that desperate to bash Catholic Church that you have to Google a dumb, made up story? Next!
Re: Pope Benedict Resigned To Avoid Arrest And Siezure Of Church Property by Lovethywilbedon: 9:20pm On Feb 17, 2013
Richfella:

I think this is absolute bulllshit because it DOESN'T add up. The article said church property will be confiscated and his successor prosecuted. His resignation then changes nothing.

In my humble opinion, e go hard to arrest pope o. E go hard.
Please help me to ask him just one Question. Who can arrest THE MOST HUMBLE but on the other hand, THE 5th MOST POWERFUL MAN ON EARTH. [If you like google it]. Just try it and THIS WORLD WILL END SOONER THAN YOU THINK.
Re: Pope Benedict Resigned To Avoid Arrest And Siezure Of Church Property by Lovethywilbedon: 9:30pm On Feb 17, 2013
Evil Brain:

Its easier to arrest and prosecute Benedict because before he became pope, he was the head of the organisation directly responsible for dealing with child r@pe cases. To get the next pope, they'll have to start building another case against him from scratch. Plus the church can choose a pope that has few or no direct links to the cover-ups. Changing the pope is the best move the church can make right now. It doesn't solve the problem completely, but it buys them plenty of time, and reduces the likely damage to the church.

All you need is a pair of handcuffs and a small jail cell. What's hard about that?
Just a pair of handcuffs and a small jail cell? You need more than that to arrest an area boy in warri talkless of To forcefuly arrest THE 5th MOST POWERFUL HUMAN BEING ON EARTH. Please what planet did you come from?
Re: Pope Benedict Resigned To Avoid Arrest And Siezure Of Church Property by Lovethywilbedon: 10:00pm On Feb 17, 2013
Evil Brain:

You are assuming that people care more about the church than they do about protecting children from habitual ped0philes, which is far from certain.

Child molesters are a special class of criminal. People will forgive almost anything, but when it comes to grown men doing dirty things to defenseless children a kind of red mist descends in front of their eyes.

And we're not talking about one or two kids here. They've been literally thousands or cases, not including those who haven't come forward. Thousands of cases, over several decades occurring all around the world.

Are you really sure people are going to be so eager to defend a bunch of child molesters or the corrupt organisation that facilitates r@pes and protect r@pists?

I wouldn't be so confident.
It is just now that I looked at your name "EVIL BRAIN" what else do you espect from "SUCH A BRAIN"
Re: Pope Benedict Resigned To Avoid Arrest And Siezure Of Church Property by Lovethywilbedon: 10:07pm On Feb 17, 2013
tobechi20: I dnt totaly belive pope benedict resignd önly because of old age. There is more to it. After pope john paul was much older than him
This is one problem with Anti-Catholics. They never get their facts right. Pope John Paul II died at the age of 85. Pope Benedict renounce being the Pope this year at the age of 85years
Re: Pope Benedict Resigned To Avoid Arrest And Siezure Of Church Property by Nobody: 10:10pm On Feb 17, 2013
Lovethywilbedon: It is just now that I looked at your name "EVIL BRAIN" what else do you espect from "SUCH A BRAIN"

The guy is indeed a slowpoke!! He says you need just a pair of handcuffs and a small jail house to arrest the leader of an organisation with over 1 billion members scattered throughout the globe!!!it is even easier to arrest the american president than to think of arresting the pope.
Re: Pope Benedict Resigned To Avoid Arrest And Siezure Of Church Property by Lovethywilbedon: 10:32pm On Feb 17, 2013
chukwudi44: @evil brain

So the best way for a pope with diplomatic immunity from arrest and prosecution to evade arrest is to resign and give up his immunity? Do you reason @ all? Your hatred for the catholic church has beclouded your sense of reasoning!!!

You go about googling links to substantiate your fantasies and will readily jump @ any one you think is close to that without even bothering to digest the contents!!!
Ohoooom! you are still talking about "REASONING" when the "EVIL BRAIN" is ROTTEN with "EVIL THOUGHTS".
Re: Pope Benedict Resigned To Avoid Arrest And Siezure Of Church Property by Ubenedictus(m): 10:41pm On Feb 17, 2013
Lovethywilbedon: Ohoooom! you are still talking about "REASONING" when the "EVIL BRAIN" is ROTTEN with "EVIL THOUGHTS".
take am easy oh! Oga evilbrain go vex oh!
Now seriously, more charity on thread, even though the love accusing anything catholic, we shuld prove them wrong charitably.
Re: Pope Benedict Resigned To Avoid Arrest And Siezure Of Church Property by Enigma(m): 10:45pm On Feb 17, 2013
^^^ It shouldn't take you Catholics long to prove them wrong about this thread at least (as I don't know what led the pope to resign). Start by checking whether their link and story have anything to do with the real New York Times.

In fact the link might be one of those fraudulent links used to gather people's personal details. wink

EDIT I see that the link used in the OP here is not the one to the "NYT" as in a similar thread but to some blog; in that case check whether there is a real organisation such as the OP refers to. wink
Re: Pope Benedict Resigned To Avoid Arrest And Siezure Of Church Property by Ubenedictus(m): 10:58pm On Feb 17, 2013
Interesting
Enigma: ^^^ It shouldn't take you Catholics long to prove them wrong about this thread at least (as I don't know what led the pope to resign). Start by checking whether their link and story have anything to do with the real New York Times.

In fact the link might be one of those fraudulent links used to gather people's personal details. wink

EDIT I see that the link used in the OP here is not the one to the "NYT" as in a similar thread but to some blog; in that case check whether there is a real organisation such as the OP refers to. wink

Re: Pope Benedict Resigned To Avoid Arrest And Siezure Of Church Property by Lovethywilbedon: 11:05pm On Feb 17, 2013
Ubenedictus: take am easy oh! Oga evilbrain go vex oh!
Now seriously, more charity on thread, even though the love accusing anything catholic, we shuld prove them wrong charitably.
HONESTLY, I just wanted to say "if he gets angry let him go and hugg TRANSF....." Okay Senior brother, if not for you, I would have completed that statement and would have added more, so that next time he will not copy and paste anything here. NO problem, "CORRECTION ACCEPTED".
Re: Pope Benedict Resigned To Avoid Arrest And Siezure Of Church Property by EvilBrain1(m): 11:50pm On Feb 17, 2013
A lot of butthurt Catholics blindly defending mother church. But no matter how much you shout, you cant change the facts:

1. There is a pervasive culture of child abuse and molestation within the Catholic church. It is a worldwide problem and it has been happening for many, many decades. This is a fact.

2. There has been a systematic cover-up of these abuses. The church would catch their priests molesting kids and turn a blind eye. They would pressure victims who came forward to keep quiet about it. They sometimes try to discredit victims who refuse to stay silent. When the heat from the community gets too much, they would often move such priests to different towns, cities and even countries to protect them from the law. In many cases, these confirmed ped0philes continued to have access to children in their new jobs even though the church authorities knew what they'd been up to. The church never warned parents or the communities that the new priest who was "counselling" their kids in private has a known ped0phile. The church has been known to resort to bullying tactics and intense pressure to silence victims and has settled hundreds of cases out of court by paying money to buy silence. They have always been more concerned with the church's reputation than the welfare of these poor children. If you catch someone abusing his position to r@pe children, the first thing you should do is call the police and get the pervert arrested so he can't harm any more kids. Instead, the church has always chosen to protect the r@pists and sometimes even helped them get access to more fresh young meat. This is a fact!

3. Joseph Ratzinger was the head of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith before he became pope and was thus directly responsible for dealing with child molestation cases. As such, he is answerable for any and all cover ups at the level of the Vatican for the over two decades he was there. This is a fact!

Helping to cover up thousands of ràpes is just as much a crime as committing the rápes yourself. This was not a one-time mistake, It was a systematic campaign of obstruction of justice spanning several decades. Their actions gave many pedöphile priests the confidence to continue their horrible, disgusting acts upon innocent children. In some some cases, priests who'd already been caught were allowed to ràpe again. This scale of criminal behaviour cannot be allowed to go unpunished. Some people have to go to prison for this. And pope Benedict is the most obvious of them.

Long story short, Catholic priests have long been ràping children, and the church has been actively shielding them from justice. Like I said before, no matter what it has done in the past, the Catholic church is now an international organized crime syndicate, a worldwide child molestation ring. And it should be treated the same as any other criminal organisation.

End of story.
Re: Pope Benedict Resigned To Avoid Arrest And Siezure Of Church Property by Ubenedictus(m): 12:38am On Feb 18, 2013
I think u shuld 1st establish u credibility and ability to make a reason discussion by apologising for the conspiracy theory u pasted above. After u have prove u can make reasoned discussion i'll be happy to discuss ur points. Till then it will suffice to answer point no 3
Evil Brain:
3. Joseph Ratzinger was the head of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith before he became pope and was thus directly responsible for dealing with child molestation cases. As such, he is answerable for any and all cover ups at the level of the Vatican for the over two decades he was there. This is a fact.
this is very heavy misinformation, card joseph wasnt "head" of the congregation for d of the faith, no the pope is the head of those congregations card joseph razinger was the PREFECT of the said congregation.
And actually he isnt responsible for any coverup while in dat office! The catholic church isnt like d protestant church, d c c has rules that guide such cases, when an accusation of such nature is made against a priest, it is the duty, responsibility and obligation of the local BISHOP to immediately report the case to the police and set up a panel to gather information as regard d case while also reporting cases that have substatial evidence to the congregation on doctrine so as to proceed with ecclesiatical judgement. U dont expect card joshep and his congregation in rome to report cases to texas police! That is d work of d bishop of texas. The only thing card joseph office does is serve as a court of appeal in ecclesiatical judgement to the episcopal panels. In essence the guy that reports cases to the police and gives and execute ecclesiatical judgement against a priest is the Local BISHOP not card joshep. That is why d coverups can be traced to d bishops but not to d prefect in rome becos d prefect has no business with the police case.
He is not aswerable at all.
Helping to cover up thousands of ràpes is just as much a crime as commiting the rápes yourself. This was not a one-time mistake, It was a systematic campaign of obstruction of justice. Their actions gave many pedöphile priests the confidence to continue their horrible acts upon innocent children. In some some cases, priests who'd already been accused were allowed to ràpe again. This scale of criminal behavior cannot be allowed to go unpunished. Some people have to go to prison for this. And pope Benedict is the most obvious of them.
how does the issue concern benedict legally? No one can reasonably say he covered anything up becos it isnt his work to open anything in d first place, d congregation in rome cant be held responsible 4 failure to report a texas case to texas police. The issue lacks merit when brough b4 a law court.

1 Like

Re: Pope Benedict Resigned To Avoid Arrest And Siezure Of Church Property by EvilBrain1(m): 1:46am On Feb 18, 2013
Ubenedictus:
And actually he isnt responsible for any coverup while in dat office! The catholic church isnt like d protestant church, d c c has rules that guide such cases, when an accusation of such nature is made against a priest, it is the duty, responsibility and obligation of the local BISHOP to immediately report the case to the police and set up a panel to gather information as regard d case while also reporting cases that have substatial evidence to the congregation on doctrine so as to proceed with ecclesiatical judgement. U dont expect card joshep and his congregation in rome to report cases to texas police! That is d work of d bishop of texas. The only thing card joseph office does is serve as a court of appeal in ecclesiatical judgement to the episcopal panels. In essence the guy that reports cases to the police and gives and execute ecclesiatical judgement against a priest is the Local BISHOP not card joshep. That is why d coverups can be traced to d bishops but not to d prefect in rome becos d prefect has no business with the police case.
He is not aswerable at all.

He was aware of many of the cases of child abuse. He was fully aware that many, it any at all had not been reported to the relevant authorities and he did nothing to make sure the authorities were informed and justice was served. I'm not suggesting should have reported them personally, but he could have taken steps to make sure it was done. A simple letter asking the relevant church agencies to look into it would have sufficed. Or he could have demanded that all such cases referred to him have been reviewed by local authorities first. He was a very powerful man in the vatican even at that time, there were plenty of things he could do, instead he did nothing. In fact he even argued against defrocking a confirmed pedo priest because it would have hurt the church's reputation, exactly the same kind of behaviour that the bishops were engaged in.

I find it funny that both you and the church are using the exact same tactic that american crime families and the Italian Mafia have been using to protect their senior members. "The individual bishops were responsible", "the don knew nothing about the drug dealing". You conveniently forget that the Catholic Church is a monolithic organisation and that all those bishops are representatives of and directly answerable to Rome. That tactic didn't work for the Gambino crime family and it won't work for the Catholic church.

how does the issue concern benedict legally? No one can reasonably say he covered anything up becos it isnt his work to open anything in d first place, d congregation in rome cant be held responsible 4 failure to report a texas case to texas police. The issue lacks merit when brough b4 a law court.

Think about what you are saying. If you find out that the company you work for has been repeatedly committing money laundering, are you going to say "its not my job, so I'm not going to report it"? Benedict was a senior member of the church. Since few or none of the priests referred to him were in prison or under trial; he must have known that the cases weren't being reported. He would have known about all the priests who had been moved from the jurisdictions where the r@pes occured. He was fully aware of the the cover-up and he did nothing. Obstruction of justice is a crime. If you are aware of an on-going crime, and you do nothing to stop it, and make no attempt to report it, for twenty-one whole years, then you are also guilty.

The best you can argue is that the pope was a mere accomplice rather than a main participant in the cover-up. Regardless of which he is, he still deserves to be arrested and tried. Church's reputation be d@mned.
Re: Pope Benedict Resigned To Avoid Arrest And Siezure Of Church Property by Lovethywilbedon: 1:51am On Feb 18, 2013
Evil Brain: A lot of butthurt Catholics blindly defending mother church. But no matter how much you shout, you cant change the facts.

1. There is a pervasive culture of child abuse and molestation within the Catholic church. This is a fact.

2. There has been a systematic cover-up of these abuses. They would catch their priests raping kids and turn a blind eye. When the heat from the community gets too much, they would often move such priests to different countries to protect them from the law. In many cases, these confirmed ped0philes continued having access to children in their new jobs even though the church authorities knew what they'd been up to. The church has been shown to resort to bullying tactics and intense pressure to silence victims and has settled hundreds of cases out of court by paying money to buy silence. The catholic church has always been more concerned with its reputation than the welfare of these poor children. When you. catch someone abusing his position to r@pe children, the first thing you should do is call the police and get the pervert arrested so he cant harm any more children. Instead, the church has always chosen to protect the r@pists and even helped them get access to more fresh young meat. This is a fact!

3. Joseph Ratzinger was the head of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith before he became pope and was thus directly responsible for dealing with child molestation cases. As such, he is answerable for any and all cover ups at the level of the Vatican for the over two decades he was there. This is a fact.

Helping to cover up thousands of ràpes is just as much a crime as commiting the rápes yourself. This was not a one-time mistake, It was a systematic campaign of obstruction of justice. Their actions gave many pedöphile priests the confidence to continue their horrible acts upon innocent children. In some some cases, priests who'd already been accused were allowed to ràpe again. This scale of criminal behavior cannot be allowed to go unpunished. Some people have to go to prison for this. And pope Benedict is the most obvious of them.

Long story short, Catholic priests have long been ràping children, and the church has been actively shielding them from justice. no matter what they have done in the past, they are now an international organized crime syndicate, a worldwide child molestation ring. And they should be treated the same as all other criminal organisations.

End of story.
Okay, thank you for the information. May God bless you. Please Ubenedictus I hope this is what you meant by charity? That this guy will spread all these lies against the Catholic Church and I will let him go free, and shouldn't rebuke him, sometimes using harsh words as John the Baptist and Christ used on the Pharises and the Scribes who are blasphamers. Please Brother if I am wrong please let me know. I know the Cans of Worms I would have Opened on this guys head this early morning for spreading these lies if not for your Kindly Correction. But before I go, let me highlight the following Points: [1].Honestly, it is from this guy[EVIL BRAIN] that I read for the very first time that Catholic priest are going about Ra.ping women and Children. I have heard of few priests commiting sins agains the 6th commandment but not ra.pe which involves force and demands that a priest will leave the parish house(which they don't share with anyone except few worker who in most cases are 99.9% male who are old enough to work) and visit a neigbour only to ra.pe his wife and children. [2]. It is not possible for a priest to ra.pe a woman in the parish house since any woman who trespassed the visitor restricted boundry(mostly at the sitting room) and followed a priest right into his room must have concented. On the other hand the parish house is not the best place for a priest to ra.pe a woman because of the shameful, humiliting result it will have on the priest if the woman was REALLY RA.PED, you know what I mean. [3].The other option is in a hotel room and I don't see how a woman who follow a priest into a such a place will call what happened there a ra.pe. [4].Besides, priests are public figures, they are easily identified by their parishoners no matter how they disguise, no matter where they go, even in the house of prosti.tutes. They will see a parishoner there. So it is not easy for priests to commit any sex.ual sin and easily cover it up from the public, takless of the thousands you said they have ra.ped probably in their homes since a priest won't be ra.ping someone in a hotel room and neithe is the parish the best place to ra.pe "if it involves REAL RA.PING". So I dont know where this story of priests "Ra.ping thousands" is coming from today if it is not from your "TRUELY" EVIL BRAIN. Brother Ubenedictus please forgive me for using that word "TRUELY". I just can't avoid it, since I think it is more charitable than the one I have use in the past.
Re: Pope Benedict Resigned To Avoid Arrest And Siezure Of Church Property by Lovethywilbedon: 2:01am On Feb 18, 2013
Evil Brain:

He was aware of many of the cases of child abuse. He was fully aware that many, it any at all had not been reported to the relevant authorities and he did nothing to make sure the authorities were informed and justice was served. I'm not suggesting should have reported them personally, but he could have taken steps to make sure it was done. A simple letter asking the relevant church agencies to look into it would have sufficed. Or he could have demanded that all such cases referred to him have been reviewed by local authorities first. He was a very powerful man in the vatican even at that time, there were plenty of things he could do, instead he did nothing. In fact he even argued against defrocking a confirmed pedo priest because it would have hurt the church's reputation, exactly the same kind of behaviour that the bishops were engaged in.

I find it funny that both you and the church are using the exact same tactic that american crime families and the Italian Mafia have been using to protect their senior members. "The individual bishops were responsible", "the don knew nothing about the drug dealing". You conveniently forget that the Catholic Church is a monolithic organisation and that all those bishops are representatives of and directly answerable to Rome. That tactic didn't work for the Gambino crime family and it won't work for the Catholic church.

Think about what you are saying. If you find out that the company you work for has been repeatedly committing money laundering, are you going to say "its not my job, so I'm not going to report it"? Benedict was a senior member of the church. Since few or none of the priests referred to him were in prison or under trial; he must have known that the cases weren't being reported. He would have known about all the priests who had been moved from the jurisdictions where the r@pes occured. He was fully aware of the the cover-up and he did nothing. Obstruction of justice is a crime. If you are aware of an on-going crime, and you do nothing to stop it, and make no attempt to report it, for twenty-one whole years, then you are also guilty.

The best you can argue is that the pope was a mere accomplice rather than a main participant in the cover-up. Regardless of which he is, he still deserves to be arrested and tried. Church's reputation be d@mned.
You are saying all these just for two reasons [1.] Honestly, You don't really know the size of the Catholic Church. [2.]You are trying to link everything to the Poor 85yeas Old Man "POPE BENEDICT XVI" simply because he made it to the "Chair of Peter". Why can't you link this to another Cardinal who is occupying that office now. I tell you the truth, if another Cardinal other than Ratzinger(BENEDICT) had made it to the Papacy, you will link it up to him but not to Ratzinger. This explains the reason, why you people have already started afresh looking for "WHAT TO LINK UP" for the New POPE Still yet to be ELECTED. What you have done now is synonymous to blaiming Goodluck Ebere Jonathan for every Pencil stolen in any of the classrooms in the Hundreds of Thousands of Nursery, Primary and Secondary Schools scattered throughout the fedration.
Re: Pope Benedict Resigned To Avoid Arrest And Siezure Of Church Property by Nobody: 6:05am On Feb 18, 2013
So the thrust of the thread has changed from whether pope benedict resigned to evad arrest to whether he is guilty of covering up abuses.hmmmmmm
Re: Pope Benedict Resigned To Avoid Arrest And Siezure Of Church Property by Nobody: 6:10am On Feb 18, 2013
@evilbrain

I can see you are very much passionate about having pope benedict arrested!! So what have you done personally to bring that to fruition? Don't tell me opening this thread is part of it as it will only remain here in nl.

I will still repeat it is very much easier to arrest an american president than to try to arrest a pope or even an ex-pope
Re: Pope Benedict Resigned To Avoid Arrest And Siezure Of Church Property by wiegraf: 7:24am On Feb 18, 2013
chukwudi44: @evilbrain

I can see you are very much passionate about having pope benedict arrested!! So what have you done personally to bring that to fruition? Don't tell me opening this thread is part of it as it will only remain here in nl.

I will still repeat it is very much easier to arrest an american president than to try to arrest a pope or even an ex-pope

You don't seem particularly interested in whether he's guilty or innocent.
Re: Pope Benedict Resigned To Avoid Arrest And Siezure Of Church Property by hurricaneChris: 7:38am On Feb 18, 2013
Lame article from an "Evil Brain"
Re: Pope Benedict Resigned To Avoid Arrest And Siezure Of Church Property by Vansnickers: 8:59am On Feb 18, 2013
Re: Pope Benedict Resigned To Avoid Arrest And Siezure Of Church Property by Nobody: 9:36am On Feb 18, 2013
wiegraf:

You don't seem particularly interested in whether he's guilty or innocent.

No one has come out to say he/she was molested by pope benedictxvi,there are trying to crucify him for crimes committed by other people which is highly reprehensible!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What Qualifies One To Be A Pastor? / Killings In The Bible Are Not The Same As Killings By Muslims / Homosexuality

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 134
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.