Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,429 members, 7,954,675 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 06:54 AM

Wizkid And Banky.W Fight on Twitter! - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Wizkid And Banky.W Fight on Twitter! (45126 Views)

D'banj And Banky W Stylish In Coordinated Black Outfits / Chidinma And Banky W Perform At MTN 10th Anniversary Celebration(photos) / Wizkid And Emmanuel Adebayor Flaunt Their Cars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wizkid And Banky.W Fight on Twitter! by Nobody: 7:04am On Feb 18, 2013
U guyz shud use ur brain...d chat is fake..look at d timing..how can response come before action Bankyw said he wud replace wizkid (2mins ago) Wizkid replied bankyw dat he can neva b replaced (4mins ago) u guyz shud free dem and attack d OP instead cos he is a mischief maker and false wtness...I swear u hav just sinned greatly and u need to openly beg for forgiveness or else u will pay dearly for it...how can u le against 2 frnds,now u av mmade pple to abuse bankyw fpr what he neva did..I am very sorry for u.

1 Like

Re: Wizkid And Banky.W Fight on Twitter! by brown3: 7:07am On Feb 18, 2013
kalokalo: Banky W made a management blunder and is very unprofessional. A business savvy record label has to have the initiative of renegotiating contract terms for an artiste that has delivered. Banky should have renegotiated Wizkid's contract since his talent essentially bankrolls EME. As an analogy for example, even though Barcelona provided the platform that shot Messi to global stardom, they cannot keep paying him according to the terms of his first contract when he was a teenager. It is patently unfair and a poor business decision. This is exactly what Banky W has done to Wizkid. Especially when Messi (Wizkid)has delivered success and profits for Barca (EME).

There HAS TO BE contract renegotiation that will reflect the contributions of the star involved.Or else he will take his talents elsewhere.It has nothing to do with greed or biting the hands that fed him. It is business sense! Compare what Cristiano Ronaldo or a singer like Tuface made when they first started as professionals to what they command now! What has happened is entirely predictable and anyone of us will do the same if we found ourselves in a position of "monkey dey work, baboon dey chop".
but you dont renegotiate why the present contract is still on. Messi and ronaldo where able to take a pay rise after their initial contract espired. You dont renegotiate or take a pay rise No matter how ferfect or magical u re, untill your present contract espired.

2 Likes

Re: Wizkid And Banky.W Fight on Twitter! by Johnnoah1st: 7:26am On Feb 18, 2013
peckhamboi: THIS STORY IS FALSE, THERE WAS NO TWITTER FIGHT BETWEEN WIZKID AND BANKY W. IT IS PHOTOSHOP.

I JUST SPOKE TO BANKY AND TOLD ME NOTHING HAPPENED.

u self dey form abi?
Re: Wizkid And Banky.W Fight on Twitter! by rhymz(m): 7:28am On Feb 18, 2013
I doubt the authenticity of those tweets as their timelines do not follow. However, it is very obvious that Banky W is bitter and openly angry at the kid's decision to go solo.

Insinuating that he had bitten the finger that fed him is a little extreme and childish, as far as business was concerned, it was mutually beneficial to both of them, Wizkid was the cash cow of EME, if he asked for a re-negotiation of his contract with Banky W, it was deserving and should be seen in that light.
I think he deserves more than what he is presently getting. Banky should have been more charitable and understanding of his demands since it is clear "na him be the cash cow", getting emotional and acting like you are going to discipline him like a child by not giving him audience or attention will only serve to further severe their already strained relationship. To say you want to call off his bluff is a shortsighted move informed by emotions and not good business sense.

He needs to understand that conditions have changed since he signed the kid, the kid now has the talent, fame and financial wherewithal to set up on his own and even become a bigger artiste than he presently is. Am sure he has professionals all around him to do whatever he, Banky W had been doing until their separation. The most likely loser between them is Banky W, i.e if he cares to know that his financial returns will henceforth take a dive heavily.

Besides Wiz Kid in EME the other guys are not realy talented, skales for instance is not even an average rapper to begin with. Nigga has to think very well before getting angry and throwing temper tantrums. Even if the kid leaves the group, who says they can't still do business? Only a kitten nigga gets emotional where common sense should be applied.

1 Like

Re: Wizkid And Banky.W Fight on Twitter! by otbliz(m): 7:29am On Feb 18, 2013
kudi ice: Can't wait to be a star too. I will be fighting Bill gate and Warren Buffete on twitter too. Oh sh*t! Why did u wake me from ma dream.
lol
Re: Wizkid And Banky.W Fight on Twitter! by MrAnony1(m): 7:30am On Feb 18, 2013
Lol, the way I see it, Wizkid and Banky W are just trying to milk as much publicity as they can from their "break-up". Why else would they argue publicly on Twitter?

They are probably sitting somewhere right now sharing a bottle of champagne as they pen the lyrics of the diss tracks they are are going to release soon and plan how to market them to foolish fans like us drawn in by the glitter of celebrity conflict

1 Like

Re: Wizkid And Banky.W Fight on Twitter! by Jambsupport(f): 7:32am On Feb 18, 2013
pekelepekele: Stewpid! is what I call Banky W . Wizkid made you whom you are today not you making him whom he is today although you gave him some recognition meaning you both helped each other but He had helped you more than you did to him.

Have you guys forgotten that is this same banky W singing from ebute metta hey hey hey. Very funny if not for wizkid EME is a joke and one thing I hate about people is that they will stand on your throat like adam's apple ranting they are your boss they helped you this way and that forgetting the fact that you can help someone if that person doesn't help himself then the help you gave to that person is a waste! . You signed him and he performed beautifully that is just what you should be thanking heavens for or what do you want other record label bosses like Kenny's music that have signed different artist since 2face left and they are still not on point since then .

Banky W is the Ingrate not Wizkid
me like ds. Wot da f is ds tin abt "i made u" rubbish.

1 Like

Re: Wizkid And Banky.W Fight on Twitter! by Naijalastborn(m): 7:46am On Feb 18, 2013
damola1: When will producers/promoters realize that music is creative works.. you simply cannot replace a 2face with kelly handsome.. neither can you replace a Dbanj. These are great giants, and I will tell you categorically that wizkid is baba...and he'll come out far better... just bad, cos I am missing good music and it'll take them a bit of time to get their rythm back, but they'll, dbanj is a favourite, so is wizki... I need some good music this 2013 abeg!
I see no unique thing that Wizkid got that no other Upcoming artiste didn't have when he was Still Below Fame, He gain his Stand because of the Awareness Banky W gave him. Though am not God, so I can't say someone will Reck down but I wish him best of Luck. Some years to come will Judge.
Re: Wizkid And Banky.W Fight on Twitter! by koliks(m): 7:47am On Feb 18, 2013
grin
hustla:

to dey craze no be small thing o... bros how you dey take manage ya own?
grin
hustla:

to dey craze no be small thing o... bros how you dey take manage ya own?
Re: Wizkid And Banky.W Fight on Twitter! by Nobody: 7:49am On Feb 18, 2013
Imagine the air of pride and arogance. Even a demi-God has not spoken this way. God himself has not spoken in such manner. God the creator. Wizkid raked in millions into EME. If he feels u need to ratify or modify the contract terms, is it wrong? Ehh! Banky? Or u expect ur account to be expanding and his same place cus u "made him" in ur own way Mr. Creator and Human maker. You ought to be grateful to him. You ate 60% of wot he brot in. That is why u cud buy exortic cars worth millions, properties in choicest areas like lekki etc. Oda artists like skales are numbering dia days too. Stop sounding like u are God. God in heaven who helped u, have u been faithful to him?

2 Likes

Re: Wizkid And Banky.W Fight on Twitter! by dietsono(m): 7:49am On Feb 18, 2013
Human wil alwz b human....am gradually hating dis so called "OGOMU" (BANKY W) 4 his arogancy comment (I MADE U WHO U R). As u ve already gotten a replacement 4 dis KID then y all dis bitter complaint.I really dont wanna knw wat really caused d whole tin but jst wanna tell u dat d kid is gonna do better witout aving u at his back because of dis ur careless n un-Godly talk. U MADE HIM WAT?.......jst cant stop laughing in SWAHILI.....kikiiiiikikiiiii. guess u av forgettoñ dat u r nothing witout God.....infact u shud rather b thankful 2 God dat he gave u da priviledge 2 manage d (STAR BOY) or r u tinkin dat u r d best in d industry?....or is everytin u r doing 4 d boy is 4 FREE?......TO me hen u guys did nt only help each oda hen but he rather helped u more dan u did hen....jst get dat straight into d ur ELASTIS OVAL-SHAPED HEAD ok?...n neva alter dat irrelevant comment again dat (U MADE HIM WHO HE HIS) Cos u dont knw d gravity of dat comment. U r simply jst directing d Lord's Glory to urself n is a big sin if u dont knw......infact am disliking u 4 dat comment. Ja danu Jare..who u b or who b u?

2 Likes

Re: Wizkid And Banky.W Fight on Twitter! by Nobody: 7:50am On Feb 18, 2013
damola1: When will producers/promoters realize that music is creative works.. you simply cannot replace a 2face with kelly handsome.. neither can you replace a Dbanj. These are great giants, and I will tell you categorically that wizkid is baba...and he'll come out far better... just bad, cos I am missing good music and it'll take them a bit of time to get their rythm back, but they'll, dbanj is a favourite, so is wizki... I need some good music this 2013 abeg!
and i jus watch tonton dikeh its ova video on soundcity. That music is crab, her voice is whack
Re: Wizkid And Banky.W Fight on Twitter! by nitlad: 7:52am On Feb 18, 2013
You lot are imbeciles!
Gulping this bull crap like it's the fvcking beatitudes!
It's either all of you gits posting on here doesn't know what a screen-shot of a Twitter page looks like or you are all just a bunch of pud-whacks!

This right here looks like a screenshot of somebody's message inbox.

Where are the 'RETWEET' 'FAVOURITE' AND 'REPLY' buttons??
Where are the users AVIs
This is just too bland!!!!!

OP you are on Soponna's kill list for bringing this nonsense on here and not leaving it on your useless blog where it would have copped the 2 - 5 views it deserves!
You cork-screw!!!

3 Likes

Re: Wizkid And Banky.W Fight on Twitter! by ehie007(m): 7:53am On Feb 18, 2013
I think the issue here is not whizkid leaving...its the way he is leaving. there's always a better way to do things. he should give good notice to banky and all...not just leave abruptly...
Re: Wizkid And Banky.W Fight on Twitter! by dietsono(m): 7:54am On Feb 18, 2013
Human wil alwz b human....am gradually hating dis so called "OGOMU" (BANKY W) 4 his arogancy comment (I MADE U WHO U R). As u ve already gotten a replacement 4 dis KID then y all dis bitter complaint.I really dont wanna knw wat really caused d whole tin but jst wanna tell u dat d kid is gonna do better witout aving u at his back because of dis ur careless n un-Godly talk. U MADE HIM WAT?.......jst cant stop laughing in SWAHILI.....kikiiiiikikiiiii. guess u av forgettoñ dat u r nothing witout God.....infact u shud rather b thankful 2 God dat he gave u da priviledge 2 manage d (STAR BOY) or r u tinkin dat u r d best in d industry?....or is everytin u r doing 4 d boy is 4 FREE?......TO me hen u guys did nt only help each oda hen but he rather helped u more dan u did hen....jst get dat straight into d ur ELASTIS OVAL-SHAPED HEAD ok?...n neva alter dat irrelevant comment again dat (U MADE HIM WHO HE HIS) Cos u dont knw d gravity of dat comment. U r simply jst directing d Lord's Glory to urself n is a big sin if u dont knw......infact am disliking u 4 dat comment. Ja danu Jare..who u b or who b u?
Re: Wizkid And Banky.W Fight on Twitter! by Boll2010: 8:04am On Feb 18, 2013
A man called God#banky....dnt jst b a ceo of a label b sum1 lyk birdman vn tagname YMCMB CEO/TALENTSCOUT.9ja label operates lyk dis u first work as an aprentice unda ur boss whr u run al sort of dusty errands...n ur boss lata gets u freedom dt aprentice u fit go open ur shop too.
Re: Wizkid And Banky.W Fight on Twitter! by Nobody: 8:05am On Feb 18, 2013
Biitches! angry
Re: Wizkid And Banky.W Fight on Twitter! by Nobody: 8:06am On Feb 18, 2013
Too Early for all these kinds of threads on Front Page, is Nairaland rumour blog now ? I dont understand if the Moderators are confused or if Nairaland has no clear vision. Its Monday morning for Jesus' sake.
Re: Wizkid And Banky.W Fight on Twitter! by Jeff148(m): 8:09am On Feb 18, 2013
Dis yoruba boiz wunt keep dia asses one place coz dey fink dey re gud #wizkid#D'banj goin dwn the drain...capish
Re: Wizkid And Banky.W Fight on Twitter! by Boll2010: 8:16am On Feb 18, 2013
Jeff_147: Dis yoruba boiz wunt keep dia asses one place coz dey fink dey re gud #wizkid#D'banj goin dwn the drain...capish
u bein tribalistic suport 1 9ja bro,dt statmnt doesn't fit u man
Re: Wizkid And Banky.W Fight on Twitter! by Bryancrox(m): 8:20am On Feb 18, 2013
9ja artist should stop all dis beef/fight on twitter 2 me dey re joking,dey should start using guns and tawgs to fight like dey 50CENT...In warri we call dis awareness
Re: Wizkid And Banky.W Fight on Twitter! by dietsono(m): 8:22am On Feb 18, 2013
dietsono: Human wil alwz b human....am gradually hating dis so called "OGOMU" (BANKY W) 4 his arogancy comment (I MADE U WHO U R). As u ve already gotten a replacement 4 dis KID then y all dis bitter complaint.I really dont wanna knw wat really caused d whole tin but jst wanna tell u dat d kid is gonna do better witout aving u at his back because of dis ur careless n un-Godly talk. U MADE HIM WAT?.......jst cant stop laughing in SWAHILI.....kikiiiiikikiiiii. guess u av forgettoñ dat u r nothing witout God.....infact u shud rather b thankful 2 God dat he gave u da priviledge 2 manage d (STAR BOY) or r u tinkin dat u r d best in d industry?....or is everytin u r doing 4 d boy is 4 FREE?......TO me hen u guys did nt only help each oda hen but he rather helped u more dan u did hen....jst get dat straight into d ur ELASTIS OVAL-SHAPED HEAD ok?...n neva alter dat irrelevant comment again dat (U MADE HIM WHO HE HIS) Cos u dont knw d gravity of dat comment. U r simply jst directing d Lord's Glory to urself n is a big sin if u dont knw......infact am disliking u 4 dat comment. Ja danu Jare..who u b or who b u?
dietsono: Human wil alwz b human....am gradually hating dis so called "OGOMU" (BANKY W) 4 his arogancy comment (I MADE U WHO U R). As u ve already gotten a replacement 4 dis KID then y all dis bitter complaint.I really dont wanna knw wat really caused d whole tin but jst wanna tell u dat d kid is gonna do better witout aving u at his back because of dis ur careless n un-Godly talk. U MADE HIM WAT?.......jst cant stop laughing in SWAHILI.....kikiiiiikikiiiii. guess u av forgettoñ dat u r nothing witout God.....infact u shud rather b thankful 2 God dat he gave u da priviledge 2 manage d (STAR BOY) or r u tinkin dat u r d best in d industry?....or is everytin u r doing 4 d boy is 4 FREE?......TO me hen u guys did nt only help each oda hen but he rather helped u more dan u did hen....jst get dat straight into d ur ELASTIS OVAL-SHAPED HEAD ok?...n neva alter dat irrelevant comment again dat (U MADE HIM WHO HE HIS) Cos u dont knw d gravity of dat comment. U r simply jst directing d Lord's Glory to urself n is a big sin if u dont knw......infact am disliking u 4 dat comment. Ja danu Jare..who u b or who b u?
Re: Wizkid And Banky.W Fight on Twitter! by Revolva(m): 8:24am On Feb 18, 2013
The thing is that someone has polluted wizkid loyalty and mind...but wizkid think its easy to manage a label self independent...well make we dey see na...he dey look davido..davido na him papa money dey assist am..for back nothing more!!
BankyW bros take care talent full yapa just broadcast an audition u go see crowd..u go tire bone wizkid fight

2 Likes

Re: Wizkid And Banky.W Fight on Twitter! by walybouy(m): 8:32am On Feb 18, 2013
[quote author=peckhamboi]THIS STORY IS FALSE, THERE WAS NO TWITTER FIGHT BETWEEN WIZKID AND BANKY W. IT IS PHOTOSHOP.

I JUST SPOKE TO BANKY AND TOLD ME NOTHING HAPPENED: who you be?
Re: Wizkid And Banky.W Fight on Twitter! by nitlad: 8:33am On Feb 18, 2013
Billyonaire: Too Early for all these kinds of threads on Front Page, is Nairaland rumour blog now ? I dont understand if the Moderators are confused or if Nairaland has no clear vision. Its Monday morning for Jesus' sake.
That it's presence on the front page was made possible by Seun himself makes this all the more nauseating! undecided
Later when SR begins to peddle rumours against his person, he go begin cry blue murder! Character assassination! And all sort of wolf cries!

Subjecting these people to this sort of public opprobrium via your forum is a disgrace!

1 Like

Re: Wizkid And Banky.W Fight on Twitter! by Nobody: 8:37am On Feb 18, 2013
just wondering

Re: Wizkid And Banky.W Fight on Twitter! by floriana(m): 8:38am On Feb 18, 2013
ohisola: Make Banky leave dat gist jaree, na 2day? Skales no dey him label? Y d guy neva blow, y evry tom, dick n harry no kn am. My dear na oil, and wizkid has got d anointing. Just pray its stil fresh on him as e goes on his own. Wish him luck sha.

Nairaland has changed something to JOYSTICK again ooo. Hahahahahah. These mods no go kill person o
Re: Wizkid And Banky.W Fight on Twitter! by rhymz(m): 8:41am On Feb 18, 2013
brown3: but you dont renegotiate why the present contract is still on. Messi and ronaldo where able to take a pay rise after their initial contract espired. You dont renegotiate or take a pay rise No matter how ferfect or magical u re, untill your present contract espired.
My guy if you don't know something just ask instead of assuming and commenting with false authority.
Wizkid signed a 2-year contract with Banky in 2009 and it expired in 2012, why do you think the issue of contract review is taking the front burner.
The kid has been exploited enough, he is in his rights to ask for a renegotiation that will greatly benefit him this time. The former contract was a 50-50 between him and Banky, then from his own 50% the former manager who introduced him to banky collects 25%. . .which kind nonsense be that.

2 Likes

Re: Wizkid And Banky.W Fight on Twitter! by Emmywudz(m): 8:42am On Feb 18, 2013
Chanchit: So because u made him who he is today, he should be ur slave..? Kuku cut hin head put inside ur closet so he go dey vomit money for you.
I cn see ur dumb, dats nt wat he meant, fool,he jst felt wizzy shld stil acknowledge dat fact. U guys r jst MOFO's

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

E-money Spotted At Clubmila Awka- Pictures / Lola Omotayo-okoye Dazzles In New PHOTOS / Cindy Okafor Gives MC Galaxy A Portrait For Making Her A Millionaire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.