Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,278 members, 7,815,469 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:51 PM

Patrick Obahiagbon: The Heights Of Nigerian Verbosity - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Patrick Obahiagbon: The Heights Of Nigerian Verbosity (15085 Views)

Patrick Obahiagbon Speaks About Buhari's Alleged "Sluggishness" / Patrick Obahiagbon Praises Zahra Buhari On Twitter / JONATHAN'S DECLARATION ; The Heights Of Apc's Hypocrisy.. . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Patrick Obahiagbon: The Heights Of Nigerian Verbosity by fegflu: 8:06pm On Jun 29, 2009
Make e do collaboration with 9nice, Tuface or Mohits Record. Dem go sell well well. Cus of plenty ryhmes wen e go giv dem.

Any body get him number- mk i discuss am with the Honourable
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon: The Heights Of Nigerian Verbosity by SapeleGuy: 10:07pm On Jun 29, 2009
Great thread.

The guy brings some much needed fun into our politics. 

After one of the infamous fights in the house he was quoted as saying:
'They have turned this honorable house into a house of afilaga (chair throwing) and afilogo (bottle throwing)'.

We should be "overgasted and flabberwhelmed" at this man's linguistic dexterity. We need more characters like this, may be sharethemoneyism will reduce ssubstantially

honeric01 - Please post your video.
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon: The Heights Of Nigerian Verbosity by honeric01(m): 1:13am On Jun 30, 2009
I don't remember where i saved it, just found this one on my PC so enjoy
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon: The Heights Of Nigerian Verbosity by dnex(m): 1:24am On Jun 30, 2009
Thank God this man has gone out in the world so ye all might know what we suffered when he was in Edo state.

"Lucky has left us in a state of 'lahonho O'.
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon: The Heights Of Nigerian Verbosity by Jarus(m): 9:56am On Jun 30, 2009
Being somebody that hardly watch anything on TV other than football, I have not been opportuned to listen to the 'master of bombast' speak. I didn't listen to all the AIT, NTA interviews. I first heard about him on NL here last year, and a couple of months ago, I read about him in Thisday, where his bombastic style of speaking was brought into focus.

Since then, I have been longing to hear him speak. The guy is just too funny.
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon: The Heights Of Nigerian Verbosity by mystikal(m): 10:58am On Sep 10, 2009
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon: The Heights Of Nigerian Verbosity by mystikal(m): 11:00am On Sep 10, 2009
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon: The Heights Of Nigerian Verbosity by Nobody: 3:02pm On Sep 20, 2009
This guys grammar could be juxtapose, ., he's one political comedian that some ppl finks should be reprimanded for his incoherent vocabularie, though some of those slangs are concomitant to the house polities, what a life of dispensable grammatical structures and aghast, LOL @ Hon. Patrician.
Atleast we have his representatives on Nairaland dont we?? ~ namely;
* Cr_ . . . lipsrsealed
* Ja_ . . . lipsrsealed
* Th_ . . . lipsrsealed
* Ag_ . . . lipsrsealed
* Ba_ . . . lipsrsealed
and a host of othrs. grin cheesy
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon: The Heights Of Nigerian Verbosity by FBS: 8:09am On Sep 21, 2009
This guys is nothing but COMEDY! No, not a comedian, but COMEDY gan gan! wtf? grin
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon: The Heights Of Nigerian Verbosity by Nobody: 1:39am On Sep 22, 2009
Yes
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon: The Heights Of Nigerian Verbosity by ibabalol: 5:07am On Feb 27, 2010
no doubt this dude is redarded
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon: The Heights Of Nigerian Verbosity by lucabrasi(m): 8:08pm On May 26, 2011
the man is actually on twitter and im following him he also has a sense of humour as he was dishing out the big big grammatical insults on people who are insulting him grin
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon: The Heights Of Nigerian Verbosity by enyojo(f): 4:22pm On Jun 26, 2011
Jonathan has no cause not to perform – Obahiagbon
On June 26, 2011 · In Interview

By Simon Ebegbulem, Benin City

Mr Patrick Obahiagbon, popularly known as Igodomigo, is one of the most outspoken lawmakers in the just concluded sixth Assembly. He represented Oredo Federal Constituency of Edo State but was unable to pick the ticket for re-election under the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) which he joined after he dumped the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in July last year. In this interview, Igodomigo shares his experiences in the National Assembly, the recent bomb blast, and other national issues.
Excepts:

You dumped the PDP for the ACN and it was widely believed that you will receive the support the of the people to go back to the National Assembly. What happened?

The political colloquim that climaxed my adjustment from the PDP to the can had anchorage on the renewal of my mandate. True, there was a fundamental breach, there was a last minute betrayal of an accord concordiale. The betrayal was unconscionable and purulently dripped with all the trappings of an Entebbe raid. Some political high priests have even gone to town with a gait of fanfaronadism congratulating themselves as to what in their warped and megalomaniacal view amounts to the nunc di mitis of Igodomigodo. Let me say that nothing happens to a student of mysticism by chance or accident.

The biblical story of Joseph should teach a lesson to man. The brothers of Joseph sold him as a slave to slave traders but we know what happened at the end of the day which shows that in the eyes of the cosmic,your intended slavery could even be your divine vehicle for the realisation of your manifest destiny. Such is the mysterious workings of divine providence and such is my reverential faith in the laws of the Great Grand Architect of the Universe.

As for my experience so far, lawmaking can be a very exciting and jejune canvas, at the same time depending on whether your premium mobile verges on rapacious mercantilism or you are actuated with a pro bono pu blico predilection.

It appears to me that we must have in the various legislative houses across the length and breath of Nigeria and especially at the National Assembly men and women who refuse to be political halleluyah boys;men and women who can stand before executive demagogues and damn their canal prodigalities. From this point of view, my experience in parliament for twelve years both at the state and national platform has been one of mixed feelings. There are so so many legislative invertebrates who just don’t have any business in the legislature.

But we learnt that Governor Adams Oshiomhole wanted to compensate you with commissionership but you rejected the offer.
How did you know I was to be appointed a commissioner? (laughs out loud).That was supposed to be a matter between me and the governor of Edo State. Am maniacally bewildered that it is in the public domain. I do not sincerely think that I should discuss here what happened between me and my governor on the issue of a suggested political appointment and my reaction thereto. I plead with your understanding that we should leave it at that, at least for now.

What is your take on the way and manner in which the present leadership of the House of Representatives emerged despite the position of the ruling PDP as regards zoning?

Let me start by congratulating the leadership of the seventh National Assembly particularly the Speaker of the House of Representatives, Hon. Aminu Tambuwal for the onerous and yet noble duty history has thrust upon their shoulders just now to assist Mr President in navigating the ship of state from eschewable icebergs, cataracts and ox-bow lakes. I expect that they should of course continue to make robust laws that are dialectically salubrious and, more particularly, they should deepen our electoral infrastructure by tinkering further with the constitution and electoral law.

We must return to the Justice Uwais recommendations. I have always held the view, however, that we are already surfeit with a cornucopia of legal ceramics. What we really need is to ensure caboodle compliance with the rule of law and this is where the oversight responsibility of the National Assembly is of the quiddity.

If the leadership of the seventh National Assembly brings about a regime of fearless oversight functions,then they would have hit the legislative ball running. And on how Tambuwal emerged, it is the beauty of democracy and I think everyone should take it that way. It is the wish of the Almighty. I wish them well.

But what do you expect from President Goodluck Jonathan now that he has the full mandate of the people?
Mr President has no excuse not to live up to his billings, if for nothing but the fact that he was elected as president with a lot of goodwill and Nigerians got him habilimented with a pan Nigerian toga.

He must get it right on power, good roads, security,an efficacious health care delivery system. Nobody needs to ascend mountain Olympus now to know that Nigerians would idolize any president that has the will power to cleanse the Augean stable of corruption and he must go beyond vacuous sloganeering and selective political vendetta on the anti-corruption war. The preparedness of Mr President for making history would be measured when he submits his ministerial list to the Senate. We are watching because the quality of men he picks will decide his performance.

What is your reaction to the recent bomb blasts at the police headquarters in Abuja?
That there can be a bomb detonation at our police headquarters verges on a scandalum magnatum and speaks volumes of our parlous state of insecurity. In sane societies, the inspector general of police would have since tendered his letter of resignation.It was and indeed remains a big embarrassment for the country. What are CIA agents coming to do? That is medicine after death.What we need now is a more pro-active security apparatus than a reactionary one locking the stable door only after the horse has bolted.
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon: The Heights Of Nigerian Verbosity by engyn: 1:26am On Jan 15, 2012
Tweedledum and Tweedledee not twoodledum and twidlydim(means=A pair of people or things that are virtually indistinguishable.), this MAN coin LATIN & USE OBSOLETE ENGLISH, SO IT MAKE IT SOUND DUMBFOUNDING , ENGYN , FORM YABATECH

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Live Photos From Osun 25th Anniversary / Yakubu Dogara's 50th Birthday Thanksgiving Service In Pictures / Senate Presidency: It’s Too Late For Me To Withdraw For Anyone – Ndume

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.