Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,136 members, 7,814,976 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:22 AM

Patrick Obahiagbon: The Heights Of Nigerian Verbosity - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Patrick Obahiagbon: The Heights Of Nigerian Verbosity (15083 Views)

Patrick Obahiagbon Speaks About Buhari's Alleged "Sluggishness" / Patrick Obahiagbon Praises Zahra Buhari On Twitter / JONATHAN'S DECLARATION ; The Heights Of Apc's Hypocrisy.. . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Patrick Obahiagbon: The Heights Of Nigerian Verbosity by debosky(m): 2:35pm On Dec 01, 2008
4play

Now I realise who your (and Sharon's) mentor is. cheesy grin grin grin

blokoncept:

The man to me has been a source of insppiration to aspiring legislators like me. He must be commended for being vocal. He is a raputure of vocabulary.

Ol boy discover the riches of proper spelling before going down the same path. wink grin

This dude has a point though - legislators need to be immersed in the aqua of political cross currents (i.e shot dead in clashes between the PDP and ANPP such as in Jos) angry angry grin
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon: The Heights Of Nigerian Verbosity by 4Play(m): 2:42pm On Dec 01, 2008
debosky:

4play

Now I realise who your (and Sharon's) mentor is. cheesy grin grin grin

I think the study was done for you and Doyin's sake. Doyin even uses Latin phrases that make no sense. As the late Samuel Johnson would say, he is inebriated in the exuberance of his verbosity. grin
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon: The Heights Of Nigerian Verbosity by 4Play(m): 2:45pm On Dec 01, 2008
blokoncept:

The man to me has been a source of insppiration to aspiring legislators like me. He must be commended for being vocal. He is a raputure of vocabulary.

grin grin grin

Raputure of vocabulary? Lord have mercy!!! No wonder Verbosky was flummoxed!
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon: The Heights Of Nigerian Verbosity by debosky(m): 2:49pm On Dec 01, 2008
4 Play:

grin grin grin

Raputure of vocabulary? Lord have mercy!!! No wonder Verbosky was flummoxed!

Who you dey call Verbosky angry

I always suspected Doyin's latin usage was faulty - he should stick to phrases like Igodo Megodo grin grin
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon: The Heights Of Nigerian Verbosity by NegroNtns(m): 4:29pm On Dec 01, 2008
Don't worry people, Obahiagbon is a reincarnate. In a previous lifetime the Honorable served in Ceasar's Palace and was the Latin-English interpreterfor Roma.

. . .discharge of my parliamentary onnus probandi ……, It is one of a micro cossum in a macro cossum. It is terra ferma for me and not terra incognita to contribute efficaciously in a utilitarian modus. If you don’t bathe yourself in the aqua of the political cross currents, then you are going to be deuced, Sactas Simplicitas. . . vendi, vidi, vicki: I came, I saw, I conquered.

He really jerked himself off here when asked about the effectiveness of his communication to the public. . .

Well, let me say that I have been maniatally bewildered, in the words of Peter Pan, “overghasted and flabberwhelmed” when I am confronted by people as to what they stigmatize as my verbabodical dimosophy gyrations .But let me use this opportunity to say that I have never set out…, I don’t deliberately set out to confuse my audience. Certain you want me to be dumb, when I talk, they just come I just come. . . packadoo .

Hillarious grin grin
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon: The Heights Of Nigerian Verbosity by ojimboIV: 4:33pm On Dec 01, 2008
elder igodo migodo! repping d supremost comradium, chiefo u r karid. let d infidels languish in their shamblified domains as it were. d kponkponski wowoski is saturated with the fluidity of ur verbosity. wok and stumble for ur dayz will be as long as those of king methuselah +1. nothing did.
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon: The Heights Of Nigerian Verbosity by bawomolo(m): 5:48pm On Dec 01, 2008
These politicians have a worthy successor in the current Edo State House of Assembly in the person of the Honourable Patrick Obahiagbon. Speaking in a television interview on the proposal for state police in Nigeria, he observed:

I want to say that I am in caboodle simulacrum with the views already canvassed by the first speaker when he located the forus [sic] et origo—source or origin, that is—of regional police in the colonial situation. Specifically, we can even locate it in the Selborn Report, and that was the report by the colonial warlords which attempted to further hyperbolize our centrifugal tendencies at the expense of our centripetaltendencies. . . . But because of the—if you like call it—rajasic and tamasic modus operandi of the various regional police force, the regional police, or what in the North was called the native police, the pandoga, was committed to sepukku, was committed to harakiri because political baracu, political somersaulters at this time were not matured. They . . . deployed regional police at their behest to perform macabre, Machiavellian, and Mephistophelian motives. And I dare say without any degree of arriere pensee [sic] that one of the reasons why the first republic got itself into quagmire, got itself into ex-bour lakes and cataracts was as a result of use of regional police. . . .

I want to say too that in a society where tribalism, where primordial sentiments—this is not a question of being pessimistic or a question of being Schopenhaueristic. One is just trying to be pragmatic—meningistinal statism, cancerous tribalism, ethnocentric chauvinism, syphilitic parochialism, epileptic nepotism, catalytic kporakpoism, executive lawlessness that borders on scallymagism and terrorism, is still indolene [sic] in our psyche[,] and we think that we are in a position to maintain a state police force—I say caboodle rejectamenta to that. (Obahiagbon 2000)

http://muse.jhu.edu/journals/africa_today/v050/50.1teilanyo.html

epileptic nepotism grin grin
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon: The Heights Of Nigerian Verbosity by ojimboIV: 7:09pm On Dec 01, 2008
catalytic kporakpoism!!!! nice one.
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon: The Heights Of Nigerian Verbosity by NegroNtns(m): 7:27pm On Dec 01, 2008
Keep listening. . . . may God spare his life, it won'tbe too long before Honorable Igodo Migodo earnes himself an entry in Guinness Book of World records.
Missing that, his outstanding mastery of the art of poetry and rhyme in Latinish, or Englotin if you prefer, might soon be recognised in Oslo.

Anyone have any more sayings from the Honorable? I love this drama. . grin
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon: The Heights Of Nigerian Verbosity by DavidDylan(m): 8:14pm On Dec 01, 2008
Where is Obahiagbon on the recent Jos crisis?
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon: The Heights Of Nigerian Verbosity by doyin13(m): 8:25pm On Dec 01, 2008
Ol bob. . . .

This Obahiagbon guy no go kill person ooo

@David

I hope you do not expect any kind of political
impact from this man besides the verbal tomahawks
he delivers for our entertainment.

Was he not the Speaker of the Edo State House
when Lucky was running the state to the ground.
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon: The Heights Of Nigerian Verbosity by DavidDylan(m): 8:32pm On Dec 01, 2008
Of course, he's a typical nigerian . . . plenty of fluff but no substance.
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon: The Heights Of Nigerian Verbosity by congoshine(m): 9:14pm On Dec 01, 2008
Patrick lost out at the election tribunal & is probably enggrossed in his appeal at the moment,& the phrase is veni,vedi,vici !
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon: The Heights Of Nigerian Verbosity by tollu: 9:52am On Dec 02, 2008
Seriously, this has got to be some kind of disease.

doyin13:

Was he not the Speaker of the Edo State House
when Lucky was running the state to the ground.

As Obahiagbon himself would say, "Aves of a similar plummage--- "
My repertoire of vocab fails me, I can't think of the right way HE would put it.

congoshine:

Patrick lost out at the election tribunal & is probably enggrossed in his appeal at the moment,& the phrase is veni,vedi,vici !

His election is being contested? Man, I don't listen to the news anymore.
Well, more lubrication to his mid armacular joint.
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon: The Heights Of Nigerian Verbosity by shotster50(m): 2:03am On Dec 04, 2008
In the land of the blind, the merry one eyed is the king,

Since when has mixing dodgy latin words and high sounding outdated English words become a sign of one being erudite
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon: The Heights Of Nigerian Verbosity by bawomolo(m): 3:12am On Dec 04, 2008
shotster50:

In the land of the blind, the merry one eyed is the king,

Since when has mixing dodgy latin words and high sounding outdated English words become a sign of one being erudite

your dissection of obahiagbon's barrage of vocabulary trajectories is a perfect asymptotic analysis.
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon: The Heights Of Nigerian Verbosity by oderemo(m): 8:13pm On Dec 04, 2008
lets close this chapter , the man is simply a big fool. with his bigstouting and isewuiing , come on give me a break
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon: The Heights Of Nigerian Verbosity by 4Play(m): 10:12pm On Dec 05, 2008
@Doyin

If you think Obahiagbon is bad, at least he has no credibility. What about the philosopher Hegel? Check out this pile of garbage:

"Sound is the change in the specific condition of the material parts, and in the negation of this condition; merely an abstract or an ideal identity, as it were, of that specification. But this change, accordingly, is itself immediately the negation of the material specific subsistence; which is, therefore, real ideality of specific gravity and cohestion, i.e - heat. The heating of sounding bodies just as of beaten or rubbed ones, is the appearance of heat, originating conceptually together with sound." 
Excerpted this passage from Taleb's book, Fooled by Randomness.
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon: The Heights Of Nigerian Verbosity by Ndipe(m): 4:43am On Feb 17, 2009
Who is more famous, Patrick or Kris Okotie?
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon: The Heights Of Nigerian Verbosity by Jakumo(m): 5:34am On Feb 17, 2009
Where most people see a career buffoon, some would see a potential rap artist.

Just imagine this legislator wearing a backwards-facing baseball cap, baggy trousers pulled halfway down to expose a foot of white underwear, huge sneakers on his feet, and massive gold chains around his neck.

Now picture the learned orator delivering another of his rambling, meaningless speeches, but with a beat added, complete with DJ scratches, and tell me Nigeria doesn't have the makings of another MAJOR star here.

We'll see how many of you continue to laugh after I sign this man up, and fly him out to fill venues coast to coast accross America.  Africans have always been slow to recognize and appreciate national treasures, and the ridicule of this gentleman is but another example of that short-sightedness.
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon: The Heights Of Nigerian Verbosity by Ndipe(m): 8:14pm On Feb 17, 2009
Jakumo:

Where most people see a career buffoon, some would see a potential rap artist.

Just imagine this legislator wearing a backwards-facing baseball cap, baggy trousers pulled halfway down to expose a foot of white underwear, huge sneakers on his feet, and massive gold chains around his neck.

Now picture the learned orator delivering another of his rambling, meaningless speeches, but with a beat added, complete with DJ scratches, and tell me Nigeria doesn't have the makings of another MAJOR star here.

We'll see how many of you continue to laugh after I sign this man up, and fly him out to fill venues coast to coast accross America. Africans have always been slow to recognize and appreciate national treasures, and the ridicule of this gentleman is but another example of that short-sightedness.

Birds of the same feathers flock together. cheesy
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon: The Heights Of Nigerian Verbosity by blacksta(m): 3:31pm On Feb 19, 2009
LMAO

This man has killed me. I thought i understood english.
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon: The Heights Of Nigerian Verbosity by ElRazur: 3:48pm On Feb 19, 2009
I heard of him before. Gosh what a complete waste of time. So how many Nigerians here can actually say they understand what he is talking about? He was elected to represent and speak for the people. So far he is doing nothing but using what in his views are big complex word with an addition of a few elementary latin.

As long as we have this sort of mentality then we really cannot move forward. What was the aim of the so called interview? Perhaps I missed it. If he speaks like that in the house, then the government at large needs to take a step back and look at what they are supposed to be doing.
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon: The Heights Of Nigerian Verbosity by blacksta(m): 10:09pm On Feb 20, 2009
bawomolo:

your dissection of obahiagbon's barrage of vocabulary trajectories is a perfect asymptotic analysis.

Are you sure you are not Patrick Obahiagbon''s brother?
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon: The Heights Of Nigerian Verbosity by MrCrackles(m): 10:12pm On Feb 20, 2009
bawomolo:

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

See grammar?! grin
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon: The Heights Of Nigerian Verbosity by beneli(m): 10:34pm On Feb 20, 2009
What this man presents with are 'Neologisms' (a disorder of thought form) and 'pseudo-philosophical ramblings' (a disorder of thought content). These symptoms are seen in Schizophrenia, amongst other mental disorders.

Nigeria, behold your leaders!

Pardon my use of long words and pedantic[i]ity[/i]
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon: The Heights Of Nigerian Verbosity by MrCrackles(m): 10:36pm On Feb 20, 2009
beneli:

What this man presents with are 'Neologisms' (a disorder of thought form) and 'pseudo-philosophical ramblings' (a disorder of thought content). These symptoms are seen in Schizophrenia, amongst other mental disorders.

Nigeria, behold your leaders!

Pardon my use of long words and pedantic[i]ity[/i]

Gbam! grin
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon: The Heights Of Nigerian Verbosity by agaba123(m): 10:40pm On Feb 20, 2009
It is rather a parabolic analysis. Look at the curve
Haba it is not asymptotical undecided
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon: The Heights Of Nigerian Verbosity by agaba123(m): 10:42pm On Feb 20, 2009
I feel like suyaing and big stouting after a good round of lol-ling
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon: The Heights Of Nigerian Verbosity by ikamefa(f): 6:54pm On Feb 25, 2009
shocked shocked shocked shocked chineke!

cheesy
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon: The Heights Of Nigerian Verbosity by honeric01(m): 2:04pm On Jun 19, 2009
I have a video that concerns him speaking on the egbin power plant, anyone care to watch it?
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon: The Heights Of Nigerian Verbosity by rockyfela(m): 2:44am On Jun 29, 2009
please id luv to watch it.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

N1.4 B Fraud: How Badeh Contracted Me To Build Churches, Mosques And Homes / Only States Can Give Land For Cattle Colonies - Ekweremadu / Independence: FG Declares Tuesday Public Holiday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.