Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,882 members, 7,828,138 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:33 AM

Black Barbie Doll With Exposed Cleavage - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Black Barbie Doll With Exposed Cleavage (14604 Views)

Okuneye Idris-Olanrewaju: Male Barbie Doll (Photos) / Hijarbie: Haneefah Adam's 'Hijab Chick Barbie' / Girls Blasted For Exposing Cleavage In Hijab [PICS] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Black Barbie Doll With Exposed Cleavage by ijebabe: 3:38pm On Feb 18, 2013
An image of a brown Barbie doll has surfaced on the Internet, causing people to question whether or not it is supposed to be the next African-American Barbie. The doll is sporting blonde hair, gold chains, cleavage, and two bags that are strikingly similar to the Louis Vuitton monogram multicolor collection.

Many African-Americans find the doll’s appearance offensive, stating that it does not exude the true beauty of African-American women. The truth is, though, the doll strongly resembles imagery of African-American women that is seen in some of the most famous celebrities (e.g. Beyoncé, Rihanna, Nicki Minaj, etc.).

The only difference I see between Beyoncé, for example, and the doll is that the doll’s skin color is darker than Beyoncé’s. If we want to change the imagery of the African-American woman, we have to start exalting celebrities and other prominent figures in the black community that represent the imagery that we’d like people around the world to embrace.

We all know that African-American women come in all shapes, colors, and sizes, so it doesn’t mean that the community can not embrace multiple images of beauty in the community. If you believe Beyoncé’s look is a classic image of African-American women, continue to support her and don’t become offended when people around the globe perceive African-American women to look the same way that she does.

If you believe India Arie is the perfect example of black beauty, support her as well. As a community, we’ve got to grow out of becoming offended when people of other ethnicities define our appearance and/or actions. They are simply conveying what they believe we support. If we want to change the way we are perceived by other cultures, we have to make the change within ourselves.

This is no excuse to defend prejudice and persons who believe that all black men are criminals because they see black men on the news 24/7. There is a clear indication of systemic racism that severely influences the way we’re perceived across the world; however, we must take accountability and refute these negative images by exalting positive images.

http://www.ynaija.com/image-of-new-black-barbie-doll-with-exposed-cleavage-sparks-outrage-look/

Re: Black Barbie Doll With Exposed Cleavage by Mynd44: 3:49pm On Feb 18, 2013
Oh great. Our American cousins and there reaction to everything coluorful. Smh

2 Likes

Re: Black Barbie Doll With Exposed Cleavage by Nobody: 3:56pm On Feb 18, 2013
Mynd_44: Oh great. Our American cousins and there reaction to everything coluorful. Smh

Yeah, it's really nothing to be fussy about; some people just like picking unnecessary holes in everything. Most especially if it concerns the portrayal of anything Black.
Re: Black Barbie Doll With Exposed Cleavage by Mynd44: 4:07pm On Feb 18, 2013
CFCfan:

Yeah, it's really nothing to be fussy about; some people just like picking unnecessary holes in everything. Most especially if it concerns the portrayal of anything Black.
I wonder ooo.
Re: Black Barbie Doll With Exposed Cleavage by achinaboy(m): 4:16pm On Feb 18, 2013
I think she is Kim kard

1 Like

Re: Black Barbie Doll With Exposed Cleavage by tjskii(f): 4:19pm On Feb 18, 2013
Oh I see,so I'm sposed to buy this doll for my daughter subliminally letting her kno it ok to flaunt her breasties wen she grows upp,ok o undecided

8 Likes

Re: Black Barbie Doll With Exposed Cleavage by ayobase(m): 5:09pm On Feb 18, 2013
DAMN....this doll is a pervert!

2 Likes

Re: Black Barbie Doll With Exposed Cleavage by Akshow: 5:56pm On Feb 18, 2013
The baby de pout o. Lmao

2 Likes

Re: Black Barbie Doll With Exposed Cleavage by tpia5: 5:57pm On Feb 18, 2013
well, that is how most women dress nowadays.

2 Likes

Re: Black Barbie Doll With Exposed Cleavage by Nobody: 11:22pm On Feb 18, 2013
How will this make my birthday funfilled
Re: Black Barbie Doll With Exposed Cleavage by Jerrygotswagg(m): 11:22pm On Feb 18, 2013
Must we always comment on sum irrelevant things, like this trash, thankGod I didn't comment
Re: Black Barbie Doll With Exposed Cleavage by blackmann(m): 11:23pm On Feb 18, 2013
And they wonder why people don't take Arican-American's seriously in US. Why don't they complain when they flaunt what they got in all those music videos on MTV? "does not exude the true beauty of African-American women" my jugger-nuts.
Re: Black Barbie Doll With Exposed Cleavage by Nobody: 11:23pm On Feb 18, 2013
Crap
Re: Black Barbie Doll With Exposed Cleavage by Nobody: 11:24pm On Feb 18, 2013
We have a black barbie here on nairaland...........BECACIA BARBIE

2 Likes

Re: Black Barbie Doll With Exposed Cleavage by Nobody: 11:24pm On Feb 18, 2013
What with the blonde hair?

1 Like

Re: Black Barbie Doll With Exposed Cleavage by Nobody: 11:25pm On Feb 18, 2013
The 'thing' look like geneveive Nnaji......

1 Like

Re: Black Barbie Doll With Exposed Cleavage by Aizebioje(m): 11:26pm On Feb 18, 2013
Doll is ugly anyways!
Re: Black Barbie Doll With Exposed Cleavage by Nobody: 11:31pm On Feb 18, 2013
A brown barbie doll with blonde hair?? What happened to our "nappy hair"?? Doesn't it defeat the purpose??

2 Likes

Re: Black Barbie Doll With Exposed Cleavage by Nobody: 11:33pm On Feb 18, 2013
[quote author=Jerrygotswagg]Must we always comment on sum irrelevant things, like this trash, thankGod I didn't comment.lol.u didnt comment at all.
Re: Black Barbie Doll With Exposed Cleavage by TeenageMoney(m): 11:35pm On Feb 18, 2013
Wnt comment on this Trash...

Note: I didnt comment here, I Just Said something
Re: Black Barbie Doll With Exposed Cleavage by Ishilove: 11:36pm On Feb 18, 2013
tpia@:
well, that is how most women dress nowadays.
Yourself included, huh?
Re: Black Barbie Doll With Exposed Cleavage by Coldfeet(f): 11:37pm On Feb 18, 2013
RUBBISH!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Black Barbie Doll With Exposed Cleavage by Nobody: 11:37pm On Feb 18, 2013
blackmann: And they wonder why people don't take Arican-American's seriously in US. [b]Why don't they complain when they flaunt what they got in all those music videos on MTV? "does not exude the true beauty of African-American women" my jugger-nuts.[/b]

To be fair, BET took up that issue in a series of town-hall style forums about 3-4 years ago. Also, some other prominent African-American personalities have come out agaisnt the 'se.xploitation' of black women in music videos.
Re: Black Barbie Doll With Exposed Cleavage by manny4life(m): 11:51pm On Feb 18, 2013
The only part for me the the cleavage part, as far as I'm concerned, nothing wrong with the doll. Black people too dey complain, haba... If they did it modestly, they'll complain, if it was a classic or old times, they will complain, now they they Hollywood style, they still complain. My people, if you have any product to sell, it's either you avoid black people or try pleasing them... I believe our Nigeria is a case study.
Re: Black Barbie Doll With Exposed Cleavage by Kairoseki77: 11:51pm On Feb 18, 2013
I'm an African American and I don't care at all.
There are a lot of black barbies anyway, not all of them look like this. My sister used to have some.

Anyway, would it be weird for an African American to use the word akata? I feel like it is basically a tribe.
Re: Black Barbie Doll With Exposed Cleavage by Nobody: 11:53pm On Feb 18, 2013
@Michaeljones36: You are welcome once again smiley
Where do u stay in the US?
Re: Black Barbie Doll With Exposed Cleavage by blessed4ever: 11:54pm On Feb 18, 2013
Shortly you will die and if you do not repent and stop all this pollution, immorality, unclean and defiled thoughts and fornication you are into, you sure will enter hell fire. You are therefore warned now before it gets too late for you. Jesus Christ is holy.He loves your soul, and wants to save you, that's the reason you are receiving this gospel.
Re: Black Barbie Doll With Exposed Cleavage by MMM2(m): 11:55pm On Feb 18, 2013
Am sleeping undecided
Re: Black Barbie Doll With Exposed Cleavage by Nobody: 11:57pm On Feb 18, 2013
Wat is this d oyinbo barbie dey were better cloth oh but c dis one jst dey naked like our university runs gurls
Re: Black Barbie Doll With Exposed Cleavage by holuwarlay08(m): 11:58pm On Feb 18, 2013
This is did not look like africa woman at all. It resemble black america woman.
#nonsense#
Re: Black Barbie Doll With Exposed Cleavage by free2ryhme: 11:59pm On Feb 18, 2013
ok oooo
Re: Black Barbie Doll With Exposed Cleavage by Nobody: 12:01am On Feb 19, 2013

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nollywood Celebrities @ Complete Fashion Style Night / New Ankara Inspired Couple Outfits--- Pictures / Yetunde Savage Launches Her Fashion Jewelry Collection

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.