Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,319 members, 7,829,785 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:45 AM

Please Help Guys - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Please Help Guys (744 Views)

I Need Your Sincere Help Guys, Am Really Confused / I Need Help Guys. Do I Forgive And Marry Her? / Nid Help!!! Guys Pls Read And Comment... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help Guys by oratileb(f): 6:12pm On Feb 18, 2013
I would like to know what is Garri and how is it cooked and eaten.........please help
Re: Please Help Guys by Sijo01(f): 6:16pm On Feb 18, 2013
Whats your Nationality?
Re: Please Help Guys by DigitalSignal(m): 6:23pm On Feb 18, 2013
oratileb: I would like to know what is Garri and how is it cooked and eaten.........please help
Garri inside romance, wow! Anyway, I'll tell you!
Re: Please Help Guys by oratileb(f): 6:43pm On Feb 18, 2013
Sijo01: Whats your Nationality?
south african
Re: Please Help Guys by oratileb(f): 6:44pm On Feb 18, 2013
DigitalSignal:
Garri inside romance, wow! Anyway, I'll tell you!
........food can be romantic
Re: Please Help Guys by Sijo01(f): 8:01pm On Feb 18, 2013
oratileb: south african

No garri in SA?
Re: Please Help Guys by DigitalSignal(m): 8:05pm On Feb 18, 2013
oratileb: I would like to know what is Garri and how is it cooked and eaten.........please help
Garri is a type of food very common in Nigeria and indeed West Africa and it's made from cassava tubers.
To make garri the cassava tubers are peeled, washed and grated to form a mash. This mash is then put in a porous bag, tied and weights are put on it to allow the water to drain. After a day or two after the water has been drained, it is sieved and put in a big frying pan and heated until it becomes strong enough, forming tiny grains.
It can be eaten in different ways:
1) With soup (stew)
By this you prepare any type of soup of your choice vegetable, melon, whatever tickles your fancy; you get a certain quantity of garri and pour hot water into it and knead it; then you can take a morsel of it at a time and dip it into the soup and then swallow it! You repeat this process until your stomach can't consume any more morsels!
2) With roasted fish, sugar, peanuts, etc.
By this you get a certain quantity of garri, pour cold water into it, allow it to settle then you eat it with your fish, nuts or whatever as accompaniment.
3) Eating it dry
Some also eat it dry after mixing it with cooked beans!
And there are still other ways people eat it!
Oya, I don try!

1 Like

Re: Please Help Guys by mrgaga: 9:59pm On Feb 18, 2013
DigitalSignal:
Garri is a type of food very common in Nigeria and indeed West Africa and it's made from cassava tubers.
To make garri the cassava tubers are peeled, washed and grated to form a mash. This mash is then put in a porous bag, tied and weights are put on it to allow the water to drain. After a day or two after the water has been drained, it is sieved and put in a big frying pan and heated until it becomes strong enough, forming tiny grains.
It can be eaten in different ways:
1) With soup (stew)
By this you prepare any type of soup of your choice vegetable, melon, whatever tickles your fancy; you get a certain quantity of garri and pour hot water into it and knead it; then you can take a morsel of it at a time and dip it into the soup and then swallow it! You repeat this process until your stomach can't consume any more morsels!
2) With roasted fish, sugar, peanuts, etc.
By this you get a certain quantity of garri, pour cold water into it, allow it to settle then you eat it with your fish, nuts or whatever as accompaniment.
3) Eating it dry
Some also eat it dry after mixing it with cooked beans!
And there are still other ways people eat it!
Oya, I don try!

guy u be Garri expert abi na ur bisiness be that..?
Re: Please Help Guys by DigitalSignal(m): 10:11pm On Feb 18, 2013
mr gaga:

guy u be Garri expert abi na ur bisiness be that..?
None! Just did it to satisfy a curious mind and it's common knowledge!
Re: Please Help Guys by oratileb(f): 6:15am On Feb 19, 2013
Sijo01:

No garri in SA?
.....no our food is very diffrent
Re: Please Help Guys by oratileb(f): 6:24am On Feb 19, 2013
DigitalSignal:
None! Just did it to satisfy a curious mind and it's common knowledge!
......thank you sweetheart and now I know what garri is you are the best Digitalsignal you are sweet oooo.....thanks
Re: Please Help Guys by karie1(f): 8:13am On Feb 19, 2013
SMH
Re: Please Help Guys by DigitalSignal(m): 8:25am On Feb 19, 2013
kar'ie:
SMH
Are you genderless?
Re: Please Help Guys by karie1(f): 8:30am On Feb 19, 2013
DigitalSignal:
Are you genderless?
are youu seun?
Re: Please Help Guys by DigitalSignal(m): 8:42am On Feb 19, 2013
kar'ie:

are youu seun?
You mean your gender is only made known to Seun and you parade the forum without an ID? Lol.
Re: Please Help Guys by karie1(f): 8:50am On Feb 19, 2013
DigitalSignal:
You mean your gender is only made known to Seun and you parade the forum without an ID? Lol.
i mean na you get NL wetin concern you?

(1) (Reply)

JAYZ Romantic Lines Dedicated To Our Nigerian Girls / How Many Dates Can One Keep Before Getting Married / 10 Things Her Body Is Telling You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.