Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,797 members, 7,827,944 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:48 PM

Amaechi Is Qualified To Vie For Any Position In 2015 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amaechi Is Qualified To Vie For Any Position In 2015 (6054 Views)

Amaechi Is Like Biblical Esther, He Has Shamed His Enemies – APC / 2015: Oshiomhole To Vie For APC Presidential Ticket / Anenih, Uba, Others To Vie For PDP Ticket In Anambra Governorship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amaechi Is Qualified To Vie For Any Position In 2015 by Abagworo(m): 7:57am On Feb 19, 2013
The Rivers State governor and chairman, Nigerian Governors Forum, Rt. Hon. Chibuke Amechi at the weekend avowed that he has all it takes to vie for the position of the President or Vice President in the country.

He made this assertion during the Citizens’ forum in Port Harcourt River State which marked the end of the national Good Governance Tour in the state.

Amaechi who was reacting to question on his much rumoured joint ticket ambition with his Jigawa State counterpart, Governor Sule Lamido said he would not make any categorical statement now, adding that it was too early to do so.

‘‘On the 2015 presidential bid, no comment, but I know I am qualified for the Presidency because I have school certificate and masters degree which is enough to qualify me for any position in line with the constitution of the Federation Republic of Nigeria,’’ he said.

Asked whether was is not distracted by the responsibility as the chairman of the Governors’ Forum, the Governor responded that he was not distracted by budged implemented in his state, but was quick to add that governors were people oriented and were poised to defend the interest of Nigerians.

He accused federal government of wasting over N2 trillion from oil subsidy, decrying it as outrageous, saying he had no apology for his position on the oil subsidy.

On the controversial local government autonomy, Amaechi said that the governors of the 36 states of the federation opposed local government autonomy because they felt that such autonomy lacked constitutional backing and as such could be allowed to stand.

‘‘The clamour for local governments autonomy is controversial and that it will be wrong for people to accuse the governor of any wrong doing in the whole process. We are demanding for proper legislation which is the only way they can be quaranteed legal status as a component of government.

It is for this purpose that I disburse N2b every month to all the local governments in Rivers State to enable them pay teachers salary. As far as we are concerned, we want a proper federation,” He added.

http://leadership.ng/nga/articles/47976/2013/02/18/2015_i_m_qualified_vie_any_position_amaechi.html
Re: Amaechi Is Qualified To Vie For Any Position In 2015 by Nobody: 8:05am On Feb 19, 2013
Who's stopping him before?
Re: Amaechi Is Qualified To Vie For Any Position In 2015 by Nobody: 8:07am On Feb 19, 2013
Lmao!! He is not even the best performing PDP governor.

His state is richer than Akpabio's state yet has nothing to show for it.

I dey laugh oo... When leaders decide to fight their critics, they slowly deviate from reality in to self inflicted dementia.

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi Is Qualified To Vie For Any Position In 2015 by Abagworo(m): 8:36am On Feb 19, 2013
0lumide: Lmao!! He is not even the best performing PDP governor.

I dey laugh oo... When leaders decide to fight their critics, they slowly deviate from reality in to self inflicted dementia.

Putting all parameters into consideration, he has performed a thousand times better than Akpabio.
Re: Amaechi Is Qualified To Vie For Any Position In 2015 by Geomac: 8:40am On Feb 19, 2013
0lumide: Lmao!! He is not even the best performing PDP governor.

This is not from a genuine heart.
Re: Amaechi Is Qualified To Vie For Any Position In 2015 by Nobody: 8:55am On Feb 19, 2013
The future is pregnant with...
Re: Amaechi Is Qualified To Vie For Any Position In 2015 by musiwa16: 9:05am On Feb 19, 2013
w
Re: Amaechi Is Qualified To Vie For Any Position In 2015 by takedat(m): 9:25am On Feb 19, 2013
musiwa16: why will he want to waste his money, when he will not win. i dont think.\, he is that stupiid to want to waste his money.
I agree with you that he shouldn't waste his money cos' he won't be voted for, rather he should bankroll you, since Musiwa is the most influential figure in Nigeria according to satellite pictures

3 Likes

Re: Amaechi Is Qualified To Vie For Any Position In 2015 by glimpse(f): 10:04am On Feb 19, 2013
Abagworo:

Putting all parameters into consideration, he has performed a thousand times better than Akpabio.

please do not say this in public. It is obvious that Amaechi is a talkative governor. Rivers state is in shabbles. If he is elected president,then prepare for a worse administration than that of Goodluck.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Is Qualified To Vie For Any Position In 2015 by 2bosun: 10:45am On Feb 19, 2013
The man is smart.. he is qualified for "any" position in the country. He won't be president but he'll be on north-south ticket. He'll contest as VP I'm guessing undecided
Re: Amaechi Is Qualified To Vie For Any Position In 2015 by ebamma(m): 10:46am On Feb 19, 2013
A boy dreams what a man does Governor Amaechi are you ready to drink in the table of men

5 Likes

Re: Amaechi Is Qualified To Vie For Any Position In 2015 by ebamma(m): 10:48am On Feb 19, 2013
musiwa16: why will he want to waste his money, when he will not win. i dont think.\, he is that stupiid to want to waste his money.
If the money was truly his he will not attempt to waste it, but since the money is our's he will blow it

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Is Qualified To Vie For Any Position In 2015 by Tolexander: 10:48am On Feb 19, 2013
every nigerian citizen is qualified to cast a vote or be voted for constitutionally. So far you are 18 and above, have the academic qualification and not an ex convict.
But the real question is capability. How capable he is to handle the mantle of leadership.
Re: Amaechi Is Qualified To Vie For Any Position In 2015 by oluwadare26(m): 10:49am On Feb 19, 2013
So it as now been constitued dat anybody vying 4 a role of d precidency or vice must av obtain a masters degree b4 he can be qualify?
Re: Amaechi Is Qualified To Vie For Any Position In 2015 by ezesun(m): 10:51am On Feb 19, 2013
Am confused. We should have a better leader.
Re: Amaechi Is Qualified To Vie For Any Position In 2015 by kanechimex(m): 10:54am On Feb 19, 2013
amaechi,should go and sweep the sahara.he hasnt done anything significant for rivers state.what does he think he would do for nigeria
Re: Amaechi Is Qualified To Vie For Any Position In 2015 by kanechimex(m): 10:56am On Feb 19, 2013
amaechi should go and sweep the sahara.he hasnt done anything significant for rivers state.what does he think he would do for nigeria
Re: Amaechi Is Qualified To Vie For Any Position In 2015 by Nobody: 10:57am On Feb 19, 2013
ebamma: A boy dreams what a man does Governor Amaechi are you ready to drink in the table of men
help me ask am oo__he nor jus serious oo
Re: Amaechi Is Qualified To Vie For Any Position In 2015 by ojuu4u(m): 10:59am On Feb 19, 2013
wt all ds, gej has only 40% chance of winning 2015 election, ds is a gov frm his region
Re: Amaechi Is Qualified To Vie For Any Position In 2015 by ocelot2006(m): 11:04am On Feb 19, 2013
Abagworo:

'you sure about that? Visit Akwa Ibom state.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Is Qualified To Vie For Any Position In 2015 by juman(m): 11:10am On Feb 19, 2013
Of course yes. He is a performing governor.
Re: Amaechi Is Qualified To Vie For Any Position In 2015 by Okijajuju1(m): 11:11am On Feb 19, 2013
Amaechi is a Traitor...

He will surely fall.
Re: Amaechi Is Qualified To Vie For Any Position In 2015 by obicentlis: 11:14am On Feb 19, 2013
God forbid this clown to go close to Aso Rock.
Re: Amaechi Is Qualified To Vie For Any Position In 2015 by slimming: 11:29am On Feb 19, 2013
God help him
Re: Amaechi Is Qualified To Vie For Any Position In 2015 by kingblosky: 11:29am On Feb 19, 2013
Moved to PH from Lagos a few months back .. And Amaechi is doing nothing .. NOTHING . Just moving about making arrogant speaches . I'ld rather give my votes to my goat in the village .

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Is Qualified To Vie For Any Position In 2015 by deletrue: 11:32am On Feb 19, 2013
Abagworo:

When educated individuals behaves otherwise i got fed up with the system. How dare you compare Amaechi with Akpabio. Particularly, this second tenure, Amaechi can only be compared with the likes of Udeaghan etc. Akpabio is a top class governor side by side with fashola, Osho of Edo. Me thing Amaechi is accumulating wealth towards 2015, presidential campaign. For now, he is doing just nothing. I visit ph. often.
Please one important appeal am making is for every reasonable persons to tell the truth. Forget who is involve. I pray regularly for nigeria's upward movement.
Re: Amaechi Is Qualified To Vie For Any Position In 2015 by talk2s(m): 11:36am On Feb 19, 2013
Abagworo:

Do u know what you are alluding to or U're jst being sycophantic.
Amaechi performs better than Akpabio?

Maybe mischievous sycophancy is ur greatest blindness.

Grow up, brother
Re: Amaechi Is Qualified To Vie For Any Position In 2015 by stebell(m): 11:38am On Feb 19, 2013
ebamma: A boy dreams what a man does Governor Amaechi are you ready to drink in the table of men
Ask him if he's truely ready to drink wit men. Gov Ameachi yu are indirectly fighting GEJ but yu forgot dat de state hv men in ur party dat will also fight yu in Abuja. I dey laff yu Gov
Re: Amaechi Is Qualified To Vie For Any Position In 2015 by emrysdwarlord(m): 11:52am On Feb 19, 2013
[b][/b]'m not really into d politics circle buh as a resident of phc  can tell u that amaechi has performed creditably well....u can't probably judge sum1 who is ruling rivers state when u are in bauchi state...we should endeavour not 2 argue with sentiments,only frustrated arsenal fans do that......

Re: Amaechi Is Qualified To Vie For Any Position In 2015 by Rhino5dm: 11:54am On Feb 19, 2013
Oya, point to me one achievement of GEJ that made you to vote for him. Ameachi is light years ahead of Jonathan. Agreed, Ameachi hasn't done much in his second term and all that, but he is no mate of your Jonathan.

The fact is, Capone delle Mafioso is out, no ONE can stop him. Go ask rude thugs like Abiye Sekibo, Orubube and co. He Ameachi has more facts on Jonathan and his corrupt wife than any other person.

kanechimex: amaechi should go and sweep the sahara.he hasnt done anything significant for rivers state.what does he think he would do for nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi Is Qualified To Vie For Any Position In 2015 by Nobody: 12:01pm On Feb 19, 2013
Abagworo:

Like what?
Pot-hole infested roads, ambiguous projects like the monorail and Greater Port Harcourt city?
Thugs masquerading as VIO/TIMARIV/Task force officials that make life a living hell for the average citizen?
Please if you're not sure of what to say, kindly keep quiet. Amaechi has been a disaster for as long as I can remember.
talk2s:

Do u know what you are alluding to or U're jst being sycophantic.
Amaechi performs better than Akpabio?

Maybe mischievous sycophancy is ur greatest blindness.

Grow up, brother
Don;t mind the windbag.
Just talking for the sake of it.Or maybe he wants to increase the number of his posts since Internet is easily accessible these days.
Go to Uyo and see the quality of roads and bridges being constructed and compare it to the disgraceful shambles being done in Port Harcourt.
kingblosky: Moved to PH from Lagos a few months back .. And Amaechi is doing nothing .. NOTHING . Just moving about making arrogant speaches . I'ld rather give my votes to my goat in the village .
Word.
The man just goes on PR and talks more than Rivers State combined. With his baboon-looking face.
obicentlis: God forbid this clown to go close to Aso Rock.
AMEN!!!

Gold.
Re: Amaechi Is Qualified To Vie For Any Position In 2015 by Nobody: 12:05pm On Feb 19, 2013
This Amaechi of a guy sounds like a clown. Its one thing to contest, its another thing to even scale through the PDP Primaries.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jim Nwobodo Dead Son's Corpse Missing At His Burial Today / Nigerians Have Made A Mistake By Voting Buhari / See What A Nigerian Kid Was Spotted Doing When There Was No Light(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.