Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,742 members, 7,809,840 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:49 PM

Has Power Supply Improved In Your Area Of Recent? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Has Power Supply Improved In Your Area Of Recent? (6851 Views)

Why Power Supply Improved Under Buhari, By Nebo / Has Electricity Improved In Your Area Recently? / Has Power Been Worse Than Normal Lately? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Has Power Supply Improved In Your Area Of Recent? by DeCleff(m): 2:35pm On Feb 19, 2013
For the first time in Elelenwo community, we are enjoying almost 24 hours power supply for the past 3 days now, after suffering for over 12 years of very poor power supply.

Everybody is happy and the neighbourhood is very calm because the usual generator's noise has gone to sleep since 3 days now.

I pray this improvement is sustained ooooooo.

Guys how is it in your area?

2 Likes

Re: Has Power Supply Improved In Your Area Of Recent? by Nobody: 3:54pm On Feb 19, 2013
Power supply where I stay in Independence layout, Enugu has been FANTASTIC. Some days its up to 23hrs a day but on the average above 20hrs per day. For 6 consecutive days early this month power was rationed- 12hrs on and 12hrs off- in this area due to vandalism. But that was quickly repaired and things are back to normal. Other than those 6days, its been enjoyment galore in terms of public power supply for residents of this area.

I can also confirm that there are areas in Enugu were power supply is constant (24hrs non stop). The new housing estate built by Sulivan (located around Okpara Avenue) is an example

1 Like

Re: Has Power Supply Improved In Your Area Of Recent? by DeCleff(m): 6:45pm On Feb 19, 2013
This is good, i pray it spread across the nation.

At least this is the first time am benefitting from Gej's govt.

1 Like

Re: Has Power Supply Improved In Your Area Of Recent? by universalbets(m): 7:04pm On Feb 19, 2013
in Gwarimpa Estate Team 6,averaging 8-14 hours but in Satellite town Lagos under Festac business district since 27th of december 2012 no light till date.

1 Like

Re: Has Power Supply Improved In Your Area Of Recent? by Nobody: 7:41pm On Feb 19, 2013
Notwithstanding the improved power supply in many parts of the country, unprecedented and sustainable improvement in power supply will come after the private companies have taken over the distribution facilities
Re: Has Power Supply Improved In Your Area Of Recent? by Nuryn: 9:57pm On Feb 19, 2013
The situation in kano is getting worse, anyway, we have like 15 minutes today in Angwa ukwu area.
Re: Has Power Supply Improved In Your Area Of Recent? by DeCleff(m): 7:08am On Feb 20, 2013
Nuryn: The situation in kano is getting worse, anyway, we have like 15 minutes today in Angwa ukwu area.

And what is PHCN saying about it?
Re: Has Power Supply Improved In Your Area Of Recent? by Nobody: 10:32am On Feb 20, 2013
7hrs a day seems to be the average where I live in delta.
Re: Has Power Supply Improved In Your Area Of Recent? by Zazu04: 11:23am On Feb 20, 2013
[size=18pt]Where I stay in PH (Oyigbo), we'v not had power for over a year! Two years ago, we used to get power during the last week of the month, just before the bills would come in. Now generators are our main source of power, and PHCN is the backup...that doesn't exist.[/size]
Re: Has Power Supply Improved In Your Area Of Recent? by cyril83(m): 11:25am On Feb 20, 2013
Zazu04: o
Grow up man! Must you book space?....@Op improved ke? When PHCN sef dey use generator
Re: Has Power Supply Improved In Your Area Of Recent? by Nobody: 11:28am On Feb 20, 2013
The past one month has been horrendous where I live in Lagos...pathetic... undecided
Re: Has Power Supply Improved In Your Area Of Recent? by otokx(m): 11:28am On Feb 20, 2013
Congrats to the people of Elelenwo, may the goodies extend unto the people of University of Port Harcourt.
Re: Has Power Supply Improved In Your Area Of Recent? by ebamma(m): 11:29am On Feb 20, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: Power supply where I stay in Independence layout, Enugu has been FANTASTIC. Some days its up to 23hrs a day but on the average above 20hrs per day. For 6 consecutive days early this month power was rationed- 12hrs on and 12hrs off- in this area due to vandalism. But that was quickly repaired and things are back to normal. Other than those 6days, its been enjoyment galore in terms of public power supply for residents of this area.

I can also confirm that there are areas in Enugu were power supply is constant (24hrs non stop). The new housing estate built by Sulivan (located around Okpara Avenue) is an example
i know ur type, even if nepa give light for 1 hour u go say na 1day them give, so that we go praise ur boss gej

1 Like

Re: Has Power Supply Improved In Your Area Of Recent? by lookmangiw(m): 11:30am On Feb 20, 2013
did i just saw the word 'improved', for where i me i dey for surulere here, there is nothing like that o.
Re: Has Power Supply Improved In Your Area Of Recent? by ejidokun(m): 11:31am On Feb 20, 2013
In my area,Ijegun,ikotun area in lag..we av nt had lite 4 3 days nw and even wen der is,mayb an average of 4 to 6 hrs daily and mostly at nite when u can hardly use it

1 Like

Re: Has Power Supply Improved In Your Area Of Recent? by Nobody: 11:31am On Feb 20, 2013
Re: Has Power Supply Improved In Your Area Of Recent? by Nobody: 11:31am On Feb 20, 2013
No light for bashiri o, ado-ekiti
Re: Has Power Supply Improved In Your Area Of Recent? by glen87: 11:32am On Feb 20, 2013
In Aguda, its 23/7. Sorry I won t give the specific place in Aguda cos of some evil PHCN agents here so they won't disconnect it. Sincerely the whole Naija we enjoy light most this area. GEJ has my vote already cos is been about 6months now I've not bought generator fuel
Re: Has Power Supply Improved In Your Area Of Recent? by MadCow1: 11:33am On Feb 20, 2013
YES!!!!

My Security man now gets pissed off whenever NEPA takes light only for them to bring it 5 seconds after the Generator kicks in.. grin

Thank you Jonathan!!
Re: Has Power Supply Improved In Your Area Of Recent? by Carmall(m): 11:34am On Feb 20, 2013
Quater day on a day off.... Thats how it is here.
Re: Has Power Supply Improved In Your Area Of Recent? by ikweremilitant: 11:34am On Feb 20, 2013
DeCleff: For the first time in Elelenwo community, we are enjoying almost 24 hours power supply for the past 3 days now, after suffering for over 12 years of very poor power supply.

Everybody is happy and the neighbourhood is very calm because the usual generator's noise has gone to sleep since 3 days now.

I pray this improvement is sustained ooooooo.

Guys how is it in your area?
lite in we're I stay in owerri has improvd ateast we hav 18hs of power nd stl counting.I belev ds gov shoud be comended for this fit.gej can not turn our power wooes around its a venture dat needs steady investment dat will even go byound hs tenure.had it been the previus govs investd in power atleast by nw we must hav gone beyund our present capacity,so no body shud expect a miracle frm ds gov on power but rather ask for steady investment on power

1 Like

Re: Has Power Supply Improved In Your Area Of Recent? by born2boink(m): 11:35am On Feb 20, 2013
You better shut up before PHCN on nairaland saw your post and cut off your light, I pity you, the guy in control of your switch off unit maybe dead or travel on leave and you still have gut to remind PHCN that their is light 24 hrs in 3 days, how do they want them to collect repairs fund from government?
Re: Has Power Supply Improved In Your Area Of Recent? by xGun: 11:38am On Feb 20, 2013
Ma frend don spend over a year 4 Asese in ogun state & he neva see light 4 once
Re: Has Power Supply Improved In Your Area Of Recent? by tigonana: 11:39am On Feb 20, 2013
Rubbish people.
Re: Has Power Supply Improved In Your Area Of Recent? by tatosh: 11:39am On Feb 20, 2013
Power situation has taken a turn for the worst in my syd. Big thumbs down to Mr. Jonathan, leader of empty promises.
Always talking about his achievements yet we are not feeling it.
Re: Has Power Supply Improved In Your Area Of Recent? by Fishoy(f): 11:40am On Feb 20, 2013
I live in abuja,,zone 2 nd fr a month nw we'v had light only @nite nd by 6am its gone til in d nite b4 we see light again

2 Likes

Re: Has Power Supply Improved In Your Area Of Recent? by Olami1224: 11:41am On Feb 20, 2013
the Light is worst @ Ikorodu Side .... very worst

1 Like

Re: Has Power Supply Improved In Your Area Of Recent? by chucky234(m): 11:41am On Feb 20, 2013
3hrs a dat at most,electricity is like a rare gemstone in my neighbourhood.
Pathetic is understatement,worse is like saying nothing,hopeless is like joking about the situation.
No adjective to qualify the situation here,our only hope is the numerous I-pass-my-neighbour generating sets in the area.

1 Like

Re: Has Power Supply Improved In Your Area Of Recent? by Joehakins(m): 11:42am On Feb 20, 2013
PHCN for ma side na Generator dem dey on if dey want print bill..How we want take come qet liqht? undecided
Re: Has Power Supply Improved In Your Area Of Recent? by Nobody: 11:45am On Feb 20, 2013
i stay in ph orazi area near GRA phase 2, we r experiencing approximately 23hrs light everyday since i came back from xmas on d 12th of January........... i thank God. even d 25 liters of fuel i bought for the jen since then is still remaining up to 7litres or more.

1 Like

Re: Has Power Supply Improved In Your Area Of Recent? by omiobo: 11:46am On Feb 20, 2013
DeCleff: This is good, i pray it spread across the nation.

At least this is the first time am benefitting from Gej's govt.

Almost 24hrs for 3daysgrin celebrating mediocrity.
Re: Has Power Supply Improved In Your Area Of Recent? by AdoreKIZITO(f): 11:48am On Feb 20, 2013
I love my country, no power outage in my Village Okoko Item in Abia State.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Photos From The Inauguration Of Senate Committees Held Yesterday / Rivers Rerun: Prove INEC’s Rigging Plan, APC Asks Wike / Briyai's resignation: We do not have power to sack REC-INEC clarifies statement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.