Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,758 members, 7,820,638 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:38 PM

Has Power Supply Improved In Your Area Of Recent? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Has Power Supply Improved In Your Area Of Recent? (6865 Views)

Why Power Supply Improved Under Buhari, By Nebo / Has Electricity Improved In Your Area Recently? / Has Power Been Worse Than Normal Lately? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Has Power Supply Improved In Your Area Of Recent? by tmaigari: 11:49am On Feb 20, 2013
DeCleff: For the first time in Elelenwo community, we are enjoying almost 24 hours power supply for the past 3 days now, after suffering for over 12 years of very poor power supply.

Everybody is happy and the neighbourhood is very calm because the usual generator's noise has gone to sleep since 3 days now.

I pray this improvement is sustained ooooooo.

Guys how is it in your area?

This is Good news for you in your Area, it will surprise you all that since I move to Lugbe Federal, corner shop behind Total filling station life has been hell as far as electricity is concerned. Living at that location in the capital city is nothing far from hell. Its been about 7 months with terrible power supply which i will say has only be available for 1 month out of the 7 months, any complain we as a neighborhood have forwarded to PHCN in this area only brings about a request for contribution by us from the PHCN branch to solve the problem, despite all the contributions this area continues to suffer lack of power supply while monthly bills keep coming in with no delay.

1 Like

Re: Has Power Supply Improved In Your Area Of Recent? by tmaigari: 11:49am On Feb 20, 2013
DeCleff: For the first time in Elelenwo community, we are enjoying almost 24 hours power supply for the past 3 days now, after suffering for over 12 years of very poor power supply.

Everybody is happy and the neighbourhood is very calm because the usual generator's noise has gone to sleep since 3 days now.

I pray this improvement is sustained ooooooo.

Guys how is it in your area?

This is Good news for you in your area, it will surprise you all that since I move to Lugbe Federal, corner shop behind Total filling station life has been hell as far as electricity is concerned. Living at that location in the capital city is nothing far from hell. Its been about 7 months with terrible power supply which i will say has only be available for 1 month out of the 7 months, any complain we as a neighborhood have forwarded to PHCN in this area only brings about a request for contribution by us from the PHCN branch to solve the problem, despite all the contributions this area continues to suffer lack of power supply while monthly bills keep coming in with no delay.
Re: Has Power Supply Improved In Your Area Of Recent? by BetaThings: 11:54am On Feb 20, 2013
glen87: In Aguda, its 23/7. Sorry I won t give the specific place in Aguda cos of some evil PHCN agents here so they won't disconnect it. Sincerely the whole Naija we enjoy light most this area. GEJ has my vote already cos is been about 6months now I've not bought generator fuel
So PHCN people don't even know they are supplying you electricity!
Nigeria na wa!
Re: Has Power Supply Improved In Your Area Of Recent? by oweniwe(m): 11:55am On Feb 20, 2013
Power is available for almost 20 hours every day at warri, awka and nnewi for the past 3 months now. However, its not same story with asaba and other interior parts of delta. Light is fairly constant in enugu too. Things are improving.

The areas experiencing bad power supply may be those connected to grid fed by power plants operating below capacity
Re: Has Power Supply Improved In Your Area Of Recent? by ronnyfam(f): 11:56am On Feb 20, 2013
Where I stay in Ajah specifically Abraham Adesanya estate the light has greatly improved. I hardly put on my generator.we hope it will be better.
Re: Has Power Supply Improved In Your Area Of Recent? by Dee60: 12:00pm On Feb 20, 2013
CAPITAL NO!
Re: Has Power Supply Improved In Your Area Of Recent? by Ahmed0336(m): 12:01pm On Feb 20, 2013
My area does have light 20/24 I ll say they ve improved
Re: Has Power Supply Improved In Your Area Of Recent? by asudan: 12:04pm On Feb 20, 2013
blink182: 7hrs a day seems to be the average where I live in delta.
where in Delta?
Re: Has Power Supply Improved In Your Area Of Recent? by tigonana: 12:04pm On Feb 20, 2013
Nuryn: The situation in kano is getting worse, anyway, we have like 15 minutes today in Angwa ukwu area.
lol
Re: Has Power Supply Improved In Your Area Of Recent? by guvnor83: 12:08pm On Feb 20, 2013
In my area jega LGA, kebbi state, we av light 12hrs daily
Re: Has Power Supply Improved In Your Area Of Recent? by tomakint: 12:10pm On Feb 20, 2013
Zazu04: [size=18pt]Where I stay in PH (Oyigbo), we'v not had power for over a year! Two years ago, we used to get power during the last week of the month, just before the bills would come in. Now generators are our main source of power, and PHCN is the backup...that doesn't exist.[/size]
Hold your Governor responsible, there is improvement of light in my area cool
Re: Has Power Supply Improved In Your Area Of Recent? by tomakint: 12:13pm On Feb 20, 2013
ebamma: i know ur type, even if nepa give light for 1 hour u go say na 1day them give, so that we go praise ur boss gej
You no go go one side go siddon, the topic is what you should debate, don't come here to derail as your thuggish character always indicates. Answer the topical question or forever shut your trap angry
Re: Has Power Supply Improved In Your Area Of Recent? by psucc(m): 12:14pm On Feb 20, 2013
Thank God you people are looking for improvement but am saying that a friend of mine residing in odoro ikpe Headquarters of Ini LGA of akwa ibom state says that since 2009 that is 4years they have not even seen a flash from PhCN. I pity him because everybody provides power for his needs. But they have an elected LG Chair, state house member and house of reps member yet non to thier rescue.
Re: Has Power Supply Improved In Your Area Of Recent? by Nobody: 12:19pm On Feb 20, 2013
[quote
author=Mad Cow]YES!!!!

My Security man now gets pissed off whenever NEPA takes light only for
them to bring it 5 seconds after the Generator kicks in.. grin

Thank you Jonathan!!
[/quote]DO PPLE NOW HAV SECURITY MEN IN FACE ME I FACE U APARTMENT?:/:/
Re: Has Power Supply Improved In Your Area Of Recent? by juliebest(f): 12:21pm On Feb 20, 2013
No light in Ikotun, only 2 hrs at night when you can't use it.
Re: Has Power Supply Improved In Your Area Of Recent? by prettyboi1(m): 12:24pm On Feb 20, 2013
I hope this is not one of whose propaganda threads though? Anyways, I'm going to be honest & fair....the light in my area in Abuja has been terribly bad & annoying since like October last year (2012).

1 Like

Re: Has Power Supply Improved In Your Area Of Recent? by Telthetruth(m): 12:26pm On Feb 20, 2013
People in my area (Elioparanwo) has forgotten anything PHCN light. Light is been rationed since Adam and the little 2hrs per day of every 3 days in a week is not even enough for them (PHCN) now they have reduced to 0hrs yet at the end of the Month they will come to demand for their unserviced money. Sometimes i consider them as been insane. May God save us from the hands PHCN.

Re: Has Power Supply Improved In Your Area Of Recent? by klumsy: 12:31pm On Feb 20, 2013
Zazu04: [size=18pt]Where I stay in PH (Oyigbo), we'v not had power for over a year! Two years ago, we used to get power during the last week of the month, just before the bills would come in. Now generators are our main source of power, and PHCN is the backup...that doesn't exist.[/size]
ar u sure u ar in nigeria at al tongue
ar u sure u ar in nigeria at al
Re: Has Power Supply Improved In Your Area Of Recent? by franchizy(m): 12:34pm On Feb 20, 2013
In Abia state especially in Aba we ve 24hrs light daily. This follows Gov T. A Orji's promise to give his people light. The Governor who does not receive a monthly Allocation from d FG as Abia state Allocation is used to service d Debt the past administration incured. Gov Orji is d only Gov in Nigeria who has developed his state wit IGR, d only Gov who has neva stolen one penny, d only Gov who has no investment or foreign Account. The First Gov in Abia state to rehabilitate all major roads in Aba, the first Gov to introduce free Education and Healthcare and as well d reduction of Tuition Fees in Abia state University and Abia poly. It is 4 his numerous achievements dat our Party (PDP) remains d stronghold in Abia state.
Your Excellency sir, on behalf of Abians and Nairalanders, I say tank u and God bless u 4 all ur good deeds in Abia the Gods own state
Re: Has Power Supply Improved In Your Area Of Recent? by lat4real: 12:43pm On Feb 20, 2013
grin
Re: Has Power Supply Improved In Your Area Of Recent? by touchmehard: 12:45pm On Feb 20, 2013
Yes it has. Even when light is taken on few occasions, it doesn't take long before it comes back, say like 10 minutes.
Re: Has Power Supply Improved In Your Area Of Recent? by Demdem(m): 12:46pm On Feb 20, 2013
Here in rumuodara, nope.
Re: Has Power Supply Improved In Your Area Of Recent? by Picollothedon: 12:48pm On Feb 20, 2013
Festac town is seen the worst time with phcn, for the past three days now, there is no light, and today they brought it for two hours and we are back to sqaure one
Re: Has Power Supply Improved In Your Area Of Recent? by vizboy(m): 12:50pm On Feb 20, 2013
thanks to prepaid meter since almost all the people in my area started using prepaid meter we now have steady light for atleast 14 to 18 hours daily. Phcn knows that if they dont give us light they will not make money since there is still unit in the meter. So they give us steady light so that the unit will finish quickly.
Re: Has Power Supply Improved In Your Area Of Recent? by holuwarlay08(m): 12:53pm On Feb 20, 2013
light in my area is a littel better than other places.....but for the past 4days no we dont have light due to bad transformer which dey refuse to come and repair............
*i represent lagos island*
Re: Has Power Supply Improved In Your Area Of Recent? by DeCleff(m): 1:00pm On Feb 20, 2013
omiobo:

Almost 24hrs for 3daysgrin celebrating mediocrity.

Enemy of progress (EOP)!

So it's wrong to celebrate good thing?

Are u the ATTACK DOG OF APC?

Hope u won't come and vandalize our transformer(s) and later accused Gej of incompetence?
Re: Has Power Supply Improved In Your Area Of Recent? by creativemusic: 1:04pm On Feb 20, 2013
sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad
Re: Has Power Supply Improved In Your Area Of Recent? by vizboy(m): 1:06pm On Feb 20, 2013
to all those complaining of phcn bills try and get yourself a prepaid meter and see if your situation wont change
Re: Has Power Supply Improved In Your Area Of Recent? by AZeD1(m): 1:08pm On Feb 20, 2013
franchizy: In Abia state especially in Aba we ve 24hrs light daily. This follows Gov T. A Orji's promise to give his people light. The Governor who does not receive a monthly Allocation from d FG as Abia state Allocation is used to service d Debt the past administration incured. Gov Orji is d only Gov in Nigeria who has developed his state wit IGR, d only Gov who has neva stolen one penny, d only Gov who has no investment or foreign Account. The First Gov in Abia state to rehabilitate all major roads in Aba, the first Gov to introduce free Education and Healthcare and as well d reduction of Tuition Fees in Abia state University and Abia poly. It is 4 his numerous achievements dat our Party (PDP) remains d stronghold in Abia state.
Your Excellency sir, on behalf of Abians and Nairalanders, I say tank u and God bless u 4 all ur good deeds in Abia the Gods own state
Dude your sycophancy will intimidate Beaf.

I doff my Fila.... Man must wack grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Has Power Supply Improved In Your Area Of Recent? by SEGAD: 1:10pm On Feb 20, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: Power supply where I stay in Independence layout, Enugu has been FANTASTIC. Some days its up to 23hrs a day but on the average above 20hrs per day. For 6 consecutive days early this month power was rationed- 12hrs on and 12hrs off- in this area due to vandalism. But that was quickly repaired and things are back to normal. Other than those 6days, its been enjoyment galore in terms of public power supply for residents of this area.

I can also confirm that there are areas in Enugu were power supply is constant (24hrs non stop). The new housing estate built by Sulivan (located around Okpara Avenue) is an example

The estate is Coal City Garden Estate, that's where I stay in Enugu. The power is almost 24 hours except when there is general repairs. But anytime I travel to my house in Lagos the situation is terrible, 2-5 hours a day or no light at all.
Re: Has Power Supply Improved In Your Area Of Recent? by Osumare2013: 1:16pm On Feb 20, 2013
No light in ILEPA, Ifo town since Last year Ileya Festival. Transformer exploded.
Makes me keep wondering, is it the responsibility of the community to purchase a new transformer or is it the responsibility of the Local government. Each house was taxed N5000 each to purchase and install a new transformer. We've paid and there's still no light till now. Although the transformer has arrived, but Rumour has it that we'll still have to contribute another money to repair some faults in the transformer shed.
Well-meaning Nigerians, pls DELIVER ILEPA from heat and darkness!!!

P.S: ILEPA is located on the Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway, Ifo local government, Ogun state.
Re: Has Power Supply Improved In Your Area Of Recent? by Dubemkelly(m): 1:28pm On Feb 20, 2013
SMH...Its a hell here in FESTAC,it has drastically reduced,we r boiling lik eva,twas better last year cos we had light den

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Power Generating Plants Perform Below 30% Capacity – FG / Aderinokun Meets Constituents As He Begins Campaign For 2019 Election / Face Of A Fraudster. Pls Share To Expose Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.