Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,317 members, 7,815,592 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:59 PM

Has Power Supply Improved In Your Area Of Recent? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Has Power Supply Improved In Your Area Of Recent? (6854 Views)

Why Power Supply Improved Under Buhari, By Nebo / Has Electricity Improved In Your Area Recently? / Has Power Been Worse Than Normal Lately? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Has Power Supply Improved In Your Area Of Recent? by omiobo: 5:45pm On Feb 20, 2013
DeCleff:

Enemy of progress (EOP)!

So it's wrong to celebrate good thing?

Are u the ATTACK DOG OF APC?

Hope u won't come and vandalize our transformer(s) and later accused Gej of incompetence?

Is he competent? Why has he not been able to curb corruption?
Re: Has Power Supply Improved In Your Area Of Recent? by ugonwanneokoye: 5:50pm On Feb 20, 2013
i stay in onitsha,i would say we enjoy upto 20 hrs of light per day
Re: Has Power Supply Improved In Your Area Of Recent? by petreli12: 6:12pm On Feb 20, 2013
In Cotonou where I have been living for 4 years, it has been 24/7 and if power is to be cut off, they will announce it on radio and national TV. I am aware d̶̲̥̅̊aτ̲̅ 9ja supplies us power. We pay our bills regularly and I am so enjoying it here. :PIn Cotonou where I have been living for 4 years, it has been 24/7 and if power is to be cut off, they will announce it on radio and national TV. I am aware d̶̲̥̅̊aτ̲̅ 9ja supplies us power. We pay our bills regularly and I am so enjoying it here. And power outage is just for one hour weekly!
Re: Has Power Supply Improved In Your Area Of Recent? by ANYPEN(m): 6:48pm On Feb 20, 2013
power in my area at airport road in Ibadan has gone from BAD to WORSE especially after the first rain of the year.
Re: Has Power Supply Improved In Your Area Of Recent? by Nobody: 7:31pm On Feb 20, 2013
Tunsbobo: Since I was born; I've never seen light in my area.. And I'm about 47 years old now

Where is this?
Re: Has Power Supply Improved In Your Area Of Recent? by Destinedprince(m): 7:51pm On Feb 20, 2013
Where I live in anambra we only hv light 3hrs a day now
Re: Has Power Supply Improved In Your Area Of Recent? by kutchs: 8:18pm On Feb 20, 2013
Power supply is not where we want it to be but almost 20 hrs of supply daily in my area in Jalingo is worth celebrating.
THUMPS UP GEJ.
Re: Has Power Supply Improved In Your Area Of Recent? by Fostercat(m): 8:23pm On Feb 20, 2013
In my area in ikosi ketu,lagos.light has improved ooo.12hrs a day.ah no b small thank u to GEJ!

3hrs during d day
9hrs at night
Ope oo
Re: Has Power Supply Improved In Your Area Of Recent? by pekelepekele(m): 11:25pm On Feb 20, 2013
Nibo!
Re: Has Power Supply Improved In Your Area Of Recent? by Execu1: 7:48am On Feb 21, 2013
The power situation is near pathetic & in a state of anomie within Ire-Akari area of Isolo! Power supply has been most inconsistent, epileptic and avarages 2-4 hrs daily, if available. It's becoming customary to spend days without power and derailingby the day.

It's common to find scenes of PHCN(NEPA) officials carrying out disconnection, compelling the already impoverished masses to outrageous disconnection fees, + all other sorts of extortion.

The state of power in this area leaves much to be desired.
Re: Has Power Supply Improved In Your Area Of Recent? by egariyi(f): 11:45am On Feb 21, 2013
in my area, Mgbuoba (back of NTA axis), we hardly have light! sometimes is 2-4 hrs and mostly at nite with very very low voltage. the landlords have made several complaints to PHCN upto Abuja but still no light! this situation has been on for more than four years! As a matter of fact, we live on generator 365 days! Several repairs have been going on by landlords/ladies on cables and the rest. Just recently, a suggestion to change the transformer was made by PHCN citing age of the present one. landlords made appeals to NDDC and a transformer was delivered. Now PHCN said they dont have funds to install it and this made the landlords to task each house N50,000. As am writing, I have been reliably informed that nobody has yet to contribute this sum and that means we continue to depend on generator for God knows when! Light generally in PHCN is very poor considering the various power projects initiatives that have been on for almost a decade in Rivers State. Its a shame!!
Re: Has Power Supply Improved In Your Area Of Recent? by egariyi(f): 11:55am On Feb 21, 2013
PHCN officials will never tell you its available!! Ordinary meter never dey, na prepaid!!
vizboy: to all those complaining of phcn bills try and get yourself a prepaid meter and see if your situation wont change
Re: Has Power Supply Improved In Your Area Of Recent? by tomakint: 11:56am On Feb 21, 2013
Tunsbobo: Since I was born; I've never seen light in my area.. And I'm about 47 years old now

cry cry cry cry Can you please tell us this your 'area'? grin grin grin
Re: Has Power Supply Improved In Your Area Of Recent? by dom(m): 5:03pm On Feb 21, 2013
area 8, garki abuja.none all through the day despite the stifling heat. They bring it later in the evening and take it before 9am next day. So sad considering that there was a time when power outage was unheard of in this town. I'm sure its the low water level at kainji dam thats causing the problem.
Re: Has Power Supply Improved In Your Area Of Recent? by kenlash1(m): 1:48pm On Feb 22, 2013
From d thread we can easily say dt power has gone from bad to worse or anoda logical explanation is dt power meant for d country is given to one area so dey can accrue praises smh, I'm stl yet to understand dis power politics or phcn issue. And it is painful dt ppl celebrate 12hrs of light, very funny

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigeria's 53 Years Report Card. / In Defence Of Buhari's Statement Of Results / How Alamieyeseigha Dressed To Evade Arrest In UK In 2005.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.