Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,846 members, 7,820,947 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:32 AM

GEJ & Clinton To Attend Eko Atlantic Opening Tommorow ,Expect Road Closures. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GEJ & Clinton To Attend Eko Atlantic Opening Tommorow ,Expect Road Closures. (18800 Views)

First Building On Eko Atlantic City Ready In 24 Months / Pictures From Eko Atlantic Opening Ceremony... / Hillary Clinton To Visit Nigeria In August 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GEJ & Clinton To Attend Eko Atlantic Opening Tommorow ,Expect Road Closures. by AfroBlue(m): 6:38pm On Feb 20, 2013
Will Mr. C. have time to go into the bush(true story) and meet with native doctors like he did when he visited 9ja while in office, or will they come to the new city? He received some strong juju back then to keep the other political party from impeaching him.
Re: GEJ & Clinton To Attend Eko Atlantic Opening Tommorow ,Expect Road Closures. by slimfit1(m): 6:40pm On Feb 20, 2013
Should have used the money to develop areas in Lagos like agege or ajegunle areas that are closed to the lake build a defence system.
Re: GEJ & Clinton To Attend Eko Atlantic Opening Tommorow ,Expect Road Closures. by Nobody: 6:42pm On Feb 20, 2013
Delafruita: its a lagos state project and not a federal government project.it has to be in lagos and its the prerogative of the lagos state government to site it wherever it wants

only positives can be achieved by having bill clinton as a partner.it makes a lot of sense to have such people who can bring credibility to the project

What "positives" is Bill Clinton bringing other than get paid to talk his usual neo-liberal gibberish and praise those who paid him He's just a paid speaker, nothing else!!

State or Federal government - Nigeria has turned into a class based society with rich on one side and the have-nots on the other side... In Lagos, the "have" and "have-not" are separated by the Lagoon and that's a bad precedence to set for equal people in a society especially when 99.99% of the "have" are looters and criminals!! The same goes for Abuja and its over-development as well - spread the darn thing everywhere, for crying out loud!

1 Like

Re: GEJ & Clinton To Attend Eko Atlantic Opening Tommorow ,Expect Road Closures. by Nobody: 6:42pm On Feb 20, 2013
Bill Clinton doesn't go to an event for free. It takes Bill Clinto 2 million dollars to attend any international event. Bill Clinton is a crook. He is being used by a lot of corrupt African leaders. I know his office in Harlem, New York.
Re: GEJ & Clinton To Attend Eko Atlantic Opening Tommorow ,Expect Road Closures. by eldoradoxx: 6:50pm On Feb 20, 2013
ilugunboy: Why I don't like GEJ and the wife visiting us in Lagos? Traffic is always a nightmare! undecided
Una wan kill president nii? Lol
Re: GEJ & Clinton To Attend Eko Atlantic Opening Tommorow ,Expect Road Closures. by slimfit1(m): 7:10pm On Feb 20, 2013
I hope there wouldn't be tragedy tomorrow pray.
Re: GEJ & Clinton To Attend Eko Atlantic Opening Tommorow ,Expect Road Closures. by AbuHanifa: 7:13pm On Feb 20, 2013
fingers crossed
Re: GEJ & Clinton To Attend Eko Atlantic Opening Tommorow ,Expect Road Closures. by kaeto(m): 7:13pm On Feb 20, 2013
9icest: Brf for president. Gej for minister of Lawma
I believe most of you are still expection you junior waec results so you can move on to the senior secondary, fashola for president? When GMB made it clear just yesterday, he is running. The votes will split again between north and s/west. Mugus...
Re: GEJ & Clinton To Attend Eko Atlantic Opening Tommorow ,Expect Road Closures. by aljharem(m): 7:36pm On Feb 20, 2013
kaeto: I believe most of you are still expection you junior waec results so you can move on to the senior secondary, fashola for president? When GMB made it clear just yesterday, he is running. The votes will split again between north and s/west. Mugus...

I laugh when I read tribalist like you talk. That is why you would keep migrating to western Nigeria. Later you would shout "it is our investment".

Whether you vote for Fashola or not, it is you choice. You are not doing anyone a favour.

After all Awolowo was not the president due to tribalism but his effect even till date is felt acrcoss the west. Much so that likes of Ojukwu regretted. Again you are not doing anyone a favour.
Re: GEJ & Clinton To Attend Eko Atlantic Opening Tommorow ,Expect Road Closures. by EkoIle1: 7:51pm On Feb 20, 2013
yuzedo: Fuckery!!! angry angry angry

Can't they open it in Abuja?! I hate when this nigger or his fat wife comes into Lagos.. Hellish traffic! sad sad sad

I'm with you ...
Re: GEJ & Clinton To Attend Eko Atlantic Opening Tommorow ,Expect Road Closures. by Delafruita(m): 7:54pm On Feb 20, 2013
shymexx:

What "positives" is Bill Clinton bringing other than get paid to talk his usual neo-liberal jibberish and praise those who paid him He's just a paid speaker, nothing else!!

State or Federal government - Nigeria has turned into a class based society with rich on one side and the have-nots on the other side... In Lagos, the "have" and "have-not" are separated by the Lagoon and that's a bad precedence to set for equal people in a society especially when 99.99% of the "have" are looters and criminals!! The same goes for Abuja and its over-development as well - spread the darn thing everywhere, for crying out loud!
there are constants everywhere.there will always be rich people and there will always be poor people.there will always be a divide between the rich and the poor.developing a city like the eko atlantic city is definitely a target at the rich while a project like the oko-oba residential estate is targetted at the average class.it makes no sense whinning over a situation you have no control over.the government wants to attract investments.by embarking on a project like this,it encourages businesses to come in.such businesses will come in because the "rich" who will live in that city will be able to afford their products and services.how does the government gain from all this?ask yourself.how does the poor gain from this,the ripple efect will over time spill over to all spheres of society

clinton lends his voice and his name to organizations and governments all over the world.however,he does so selectively.its not about the money for people like him,its about making impact.you really need to stop thinking like a village headboy and start thinking like you're in the 21st century.

1 Like

Re: GEJ & Clinton To Attend Eko Atlantic Opening Tommorow ,Expect Road Closures. by chessguru1(m): 7:56pm On Feb 20, 2013
Having grown up in lag, I have a lot of respect for the spirit of lag, and the change in attitude fashola has brought. But the question I have always asked (back then, and even till now) is "why only the island?"
The island is great and all, but the real human pulse of lagos resides in the mainland. From the ever busy streets of ikeja to yaba, down to mushin, etc.
When will similar developments reach these ends.
The truth is the class difference is in lag is reaching an unreal level, and will soon be symbolized by the crossing of the lagoon. The rich on one side, and the rest on the other.
To the best of my understanding, jakande strifed to achieve balance. Fashola should do the same

1 Like

Re: GEJ & Clinton To Attend Eko Atlantic Opening Tommorow ,Expect Road Closures. by Delafruita(m): 7:57pm On Feb 20, 2013
payless: Bill Clinton doesn't go to an event for free. It takes Bill Clinto 2 million dollars to attend any international event. Bill Clinton is a crook. He is being used by a lot of corrupt African leaders. I know his office in Harlem, New York.
what was the significance of that statement?so you are now his accountant to know how much he gets paid to speak at events.some people are just senseless
Re: GEJ & Clinton To Attend Eko Atlantic Opening Tommorow ,Expect Road Closures. by Delafruita(m): 7:58pm On Feb 20, 2013
chess guru: Having grown up in lag, I have a lot of respect for the spirit of lag, and the change in attitude fashola has brought. But the question I have always asked (back then, and even till now) is "why only the island?"
The island is great and all, but the real human pulse of lagos resides in the mainland. From the ever busy streets of ikeja to yaba, down to mushin, etc.
When will similar developments reach these ends.
The truth is the class difference is in lag is reaching an unreal level, and will soon be symbolized by the crossing of the lagoon. The rich on one side, and the rest on the other.
To the best of my understanding, jakande strifed to achieve balance. Fashola should do the same
every city has its nerve center.for lagos ,its the island.always has been and always will be
Re: GEJ & Clinton To Attend Eko Atlantic Opening Tommorow ,Expect Road Closures. by 5alive(m): 7:59pm On Feb 20, 2013
tomakint:
wa sere baba, o fi mi gba '1 like' cheesy cheesy cheesy how you dey? But you failed to checkmate those bigots who will never see anything good in Jonathan's efforts to salvage this country from economic doldrum hmn? welldone
dat ur o fi mi gba 1 like'' make me laff die

1 Like

Re: GEJ & Clinton To Attend Eko Atlantic Opening Tommorow ,Expect Road Closures. by talktimi(m): 8:08pm On Feb 20, 2013

Can't they open it in Abuja?! I hate when this nigger or his fat wife comes into Lagos.. Hellish traffic! sad sad sad
WOW!!! Your level of stupidity is beyond astounding. Guess you didn't know this is a LASG project & event ? OLODO
Re: GEJ & Clinton To Attend Eko Atlantic Opening Tommorow ,Expect Road Closures. by Nobody: 8:16pm On Feb 20, 2013
Delafruita: there are constants everywhere.there will always be rich people and there will always be poor people.there will always be a divide between the rich and the poor.developing a city like the eko atlantic city is definitely a target at the rich while a project like the oko-oba residential estate is targetted at the average class.it makes no sense whinning over a situation you have no control over.the government wants to attract investments.by embarking on a project like this,it encourages businesses to come in.such businesses will come in because the "rich" who will live in that city will be able to afford their products and services.how does the government gain from all this?ask yourself.how does the poor gain from this,the ripple efect will over time spill over to all spheres of society

clinton lends his voice and his name to organizations and governments all over the world.however,he does so selectively.its not about the money for people like him,its about making impact.you really need to stop thinking like a village headboy and start thinking like you're in the 21st century.
't

Honestly, I've no problems with the Eko Atlantic City per se and It'll be beneficial to my family and extended family on the long run(my pops is from around that axis and they own a lot of stuffs there)... However, the crux of the matter is about spending tax payers' money and private investors' investments to erect structures that won't be beneficial/accessible to all Nigerians... How about erecting similar structures across the country which is accessible to everyone?? Eko Atlantic city on the Island - a similar type on the mainland, and another one somewhere around the border between Ogun and Lagos state The FG also needs to build similar cities across the country and spread the development - rather than embarking on wasteful projects...

This isn't about whining, it's about being objective against institutionalising a class-based society!!

What impact is Clinton going to bring other than chat shyte?? He should lend his voice to getting America out of its $16trillion debt... Paying Clinton to speak at an event is like paying Tony Blair to speak at an event - just loads of gibberish that won't change anything.. And these frauds get paid hundreds-millions of dollars to give their useless speeches smfh!
Re: GEJ & Clinton To Attend Eko Atlantic Opening Tommorow ,Expect Road Closures. by naijarazzi: 8:21pm On Feb 20, 2013
mikeyhernadez: . I still don't understand how this will make my daily subscription from going off by 6pm?

with this ur comment, its safe to saay u are one of the 18 million nigerians suffering from mental illness. God will heal u bro.

2 Likes

Re: GEJ & Clinton To Attend Eko Atlantic Opening Tommorow ,Expect Road Closures. by naptu2: 8:23pm On Feb 20, 2013
Eko Atlantic City is not the only new district that's springing up in Lagos, there's also the Badagry Business District and many others.

It is rumoured that Bill Clinton is a close friend of Gilbert Chagoury.

1 Like

Re: GEJ & Clinton To Attend Eko Atlantic Opening Tommorow ,Expect Road Closures. by ba7man(m): 8:26pm On Feb 20, 2013
Delafruita: there are constants everywhere.there will always be rich people and there will always be poor people.there will always be a divide between the rich and the poor.developing a city like the eko atlantic city is definitely a target at the rich while a project like the oko-oba residential estate is targetted at the average class.it makes no sense whinning over a situation you have no control over.the government wants to attract investments.by embarking on a project like this,it encourages businesses to come in.such businesses will come in because the "rich" who will live in that city will be able to afford their products and services.how does the government gain from all this?ask yourself.how does the poor gain from this,the ripple efect will over time spill over to all spheres of society

U have the gift of understanding.
Re: GEJ & Clinton To Attend Eko Atlantic Opening Tommorow ,Expect Road Closures. by Nobody: 8:28pm On Feb 20, 2013
naptu2: Eko Atlantic City is not the only new district that's springing up in Lagos, there's also the Badagry Business District and many others.

And how did they become friends?? Isn't it from the billions of dollars Chagoury made from the free oil blocks our former leaders gave to him for free?? He's one of the biggest donours to the Clinton family off our money, yet we're still paying Clinton money for freaking speeches - it's annoying!!

Gilbert Chagoury needs to be shot dead for all the monies he stole from Nigeria and his corpse should be sent to Lebanon after that!

1 Like

Re: GEJ & Clinton To Attend Eko Atlantic Opening Tommorow ,Expect Road Closures. by Nobody: 8:31pm On Feb 20, 2013
tomakint:
wa sere baba, o fi mi gba '1 like' cheesy cheesy cheesy how you dey? But you failed to checkmate those bigots who will never see anything good in Jonathan's efforts to salvage this country from economic doldrum hmn? welldone

It is now 3 LIKES and still counting.... grin cheesy

How was your day bruv?

I will advise you to restrict your movement away from the Island tomorrow if possible...it's going to be bedlam tomorrow on the Island.

1 Like

Re: GEJ & Clinton To Attend Eko Atlantic Opening Tommorow ,Expect Road Closures. by ba7man(m): 8:33pm On Feb 20, 2013
shymexx: 't

Honestly, I've no problems with the Eko Atlantic City per se and It'll be beneficial to my family and extended family on the long run(my pops is from around that axis and they own a lot of stuffs there)... However, the crux of the matter is about spending tax payers' money and private investors' investments to erect structures that won't be beneficial/accessible to all Nigerians... How about erecting similar structures across the country which is accessible to everyone?? Eko Atlantic city on the Island - a similar type on the mainland, and another one somewhere around the border between Ogun and Lagos state The FG also needs to build similar cities across the country and spread the development - rather than embarking on wasteful projects...

This isn't about whining, it's about being objective against institutionalising a class-based society!!

What impact is Clinton going to bring other than chat shyte?? He should lend his voice to getting America out of its $16trillion debt... Paying Clinton to speak at an event is like paying Tony Blair to speak at an event - just loads of gibberish that won't change anything.. And these frauds get paid hundreds-millions of dollars to give their useless speeches smfh!
This project is designed to attract the rich to invest in it. The rich that set up their biznesses there will have to employ people(Mid and lower class), pay tax(Government). To generate money, you need to think and spend money...the more rich you can attract and give them a good reason to part with their money, the more money in the system. The mainland is also saturated so this type of project won't be viable there, it requires virgin land and what better location than by the Ocean(for the view).
Re: GEJ & Clinton To Attend Eko Atlantic Opening Tommorow ,Expect Road Closures. by Nobody: 8:34pm On Feb 20, 2013
Akpabio said it all a few years ago. Why spend billions (private or public) to reclaim land when there is vast virgin land around the premise of Lagos and other SW states? Like the Tsunami, Surge, and sinking palm development never teach people anything.

Not surprising, the thieves are already spending stolen wealth on the over-priced properties there. EKO ONI BAN JE OOOO...

1 Like

Re: GEJ & Clinton To Attend Eko Atlantic Opening Tommorow ,Expect Road Closures. by Nobody: 8:35pm On Feb 20, 2013
naptu2: Eko Atlantic City is not the only new district that's springing up in Lagos, there's also the Badagry Business District and many others.

I don't know why ...but I enjoy reading your input on this forum....you know so many confidential and top secret stuff...

1 Like

Re: GEJ & Clinton To Attend Eko Atlantic Opening Tommorow ,Expect Road Closures. by Nobody: 8:36pm On Feb 20, 2013
LMFAO!!!! grin grin grin

Re: GEJ & Clinton To Attend Eko Atlantic Opening Tommorow ,Expect Road Closures. by ba7man(m): 8:41pm On Feb 20, 2013
toothpaste: Akpabio said it all a few years ago. Why spend billions (private or public) to reclaim land when there is vast virgin land around the premise of Lagos and other SW states? Like the Tsunami, Surge, and sinking palm development never teach people anything.

Not surprising, the thieves are already spending stolen wealth on the over-priced properties there. EKO ONI BAN JE OOOO...
The Land was claimed by the Ocean and now its being reclaimed and restored back to its original state during the British colonialization. Its also used to protect the coastline which was experiencing Ocean surges that threatened to wash away Ahmadu Bello road and Victoria Island as a whole during Tinubu's administration. I'm sure Akpabio can't come up with a better idea than this.
Re: GEJ & Clinton To Attend Eko Atlantic Opening Tommorow ,Expect Road Closures. by yuzedo: 8:44pm On Feb 20, 2013
talktimi: WOW!!! Your level of stupidity is beyond astounding. Guess you didn't know this is a LASG project & event ? OLODO
If you weren't as obtuse as the muppet you pledge allegiance to, perhaps you'd realise I was being sarcastic and the smartest ðickhead in your lineage doesn't have shît on me.
You need to stop quoting me if your fÜ'cking IQ isn't in double-digits. FaggØt!
Re: GEJ & Clinton To Attend Eko Atlantic Opening Tommorow ,Expect Road Closures. by Delafruita(m): 8:45pm On Feb 20, 2013
shymexx: 't

no project or structure can ever be accessible to all nigerians.taxpayers money was spent on building aso rock,NASS complex etc but you and i know you cant just stroll in there.projects are always targetted at a particular class of people.

you are still missing a point.the eko atlantic project isnt a federal government project,its a lagos state government project.the federal government is not contributing and will not contribute to the project.GEJ is only there to commission the project.

government is run based on budgets and budgets are structured based on priorities.planning such projects isnt just about the project itself.its more about the location of the project.it would be senseless to plan such a project in egbeda or in ijanikin or even in ikorodu or ilasamaja.the most logical location for such a project is an area in which investors can recoup their investments in time.thats the only reason private firms will invest in the project

perhaps i get sentimental where clinton is concerned.perhaps because i have all his books on my shelf and i know more about his presidency than any other american president.perhaps because he was a president who managed to balance the american budget in seven years.perhaps because his presidency will always be remembered as a time of prosperity,a time when jobs were created,a time when real estate values were good.you might have your issues with president clinton,but a lot of people still remember him as a president who formulated policies that worked.a man who despite his weaknesses kept pushing for a better life for his fellow countrymen.having a man like that around is a reminder that we might not be where we want to be,but we are on our way there.if men like president clinton believe in the ideas of governor fashola,who are we mere mortals to argue?clinton might have gotten an appearance fee,but he wouldnt appear anywhere if his name would be dented.

1 Like

Re: GEJ & Clinton To Attend Eko Atlantic Opening Tommorow ,Expect Road Closures. by naptu2: 8:47pm On Feb 20, 2013
When I was a kid, you had to walk many metres away from Ahmadu Bello Way before you see the ocean. I clearly remember how the seashells and other pine like prickly objects used to p.r.ick the soles of my feet.

Then the ocean surges started around 1986. I went to Bar Beach one day in 1993 and I was shocked! You could see the ocean from the street!

This project and its accompanying sea wall are meant to act as a buffer and protect Victoria Island from the wrath of the ocean. It'll restore the shore line to what it was a hundred years ago.

Similar developments are being planned to protect lekki (especially Lekki Beach).

I took a walk to Lekki Phase One beach a few weeks ago and I was shocked at what I saw. Urgent measures are required to fortify that place also. Thankfully, work has begun.

1 Like

Re: GEJ & Clinton To Attend Eko Atlantic Opening Tommorow ,Expect Road Closures. by RealMccoy2(m): 8:49pm On Feb 20, 2013
shymexx:

What "positives" is Bill Clinton bringing other than get paid to talk his usual neo-liberal gibberish and praise those who paid him He's just a paid speaker, nothing else!!

State or Federal government - Nigeria has turned into a class based society with rich on one side and the have-nots on the other side... In Lagos, the "have" and "have-not" are separated by the Lagoon and that's a bad precedence to set for equal people in a society especially when 99.99% of the "have" are looters and criminals!! president goes for Abuja and its over-development as well - spread the darn thing everywhere, for crying out loud!

You seems to be one of the few sensible people out here that has not been consumed by inferiority complex. Last week Kim K came to collect her share of the national cake, I wonder who is coming next? Most of the people defending this publicity are poor peeps, clinton will never invest his money in that project and he may forget all about it as soon as he gets inside the plane headed back to US. Lagos state in the order hand is in serious debt which many people dont know about.
I would really like to see a guy like Fashola as president but inviting foreigners for events of such does not make sense to me. Nigerian rich folks are the one's paying for those properties and not people like clinton or Bush, why not make it their event? Will there be affordable housing for the poor also?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Bomb Blast Rocks Postikum, Islamic School / EFCC To Summon Okonjo-Iweala Over Arms Deal / Aregbesola Yet To Appoint Cabinet Two Years Into Second Tenure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.