Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,321 members, 7,819,101 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:12 AM

Rich People Who Feared Giving Their Children Money - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Rich People Who Feared Giving Their Children Money (22954 Views)

Ex Miss Cameroon Changing Her Skin To White Because Rich People Like Very Light / 16 Celebrities And Their Children (pixs) / Lalla Diakite Didier Drogba And Their Children(pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rich People Who Feared Giving Their Children Money by nairabacks(f): 1:09am On Feb 21, 2013
Let them keep dulling themselves and anyone else buying their crap.
NONE of these mens children will ever WANT for anything all their life.

They're not going to leave them billions because they don't have to. A paltry million dollars in the right assets or shares is enough to keep those kids fed and watered for decades.

And who says leaving these kids nothing will make them as famous as their dads ? They will be like the surviving descendants of the Du Ponts, Van der Bilts, and Onasis. They're quiet , obscure but still despicably wealthy.

An example is Alhassan Dantata, the richest West African of his time. He not only left his sons all his massive wealth but admonished they marry only within the family.

Assuming he left his gold and silver to charity where do you think the family would be now ?

Today you see his great-grandsons doing big things. From Aliko Dangote, Sayyu Dantata to even the most quiet and low-profile of the daynasty. They work hard, play harder and spend like shocked

5 Likes

Re: Rich People Who Feared Giving Their Children Money by Yvete(f): 1:13am On Feb 21, 2013
Lol stuff like this happens more often than you think. Children of such parents end up stealing from them. If your grandfather is not weathy and your parents happen to be fortunate, get ready to sweat a little. I've also heard some people say things like "I'll never let my kids experience what I went through to get here". It depends ...
Re: Rich People Who Feared Giving Their Children Money by akintun: 1:14am On Feb 21, 2013
Many of d people u mentioned are actually going to give their children billions. D inheritance tax is pretty high, so they would look 4 ways to make sure dat their children get their money with minimum tax. Buffet has already transferred billions to his children, and his son who is a college dropout would be d figure head chairman of his company. Ted turner inherited his father company, Steve Jobs left his wife in control of his money, and Bill Gate would leave a few billions 4 his children.
Re: Rich People Who Feared Giving Their Children Money by brownlolly(m): 1:22am On Feb 21, 2013
I've always told my friends that my kids will have to work for their money.
Re: Rich People Who Feared Giving Their Children Money by nairabacks(f): 1:22am On Feb 21, 2013
Take note that these so called billionaires belong to a special club of 'illuminated ones' once you're a member your business or organisation 'magically' begins to create equity out of thin air, as long as it benefits the objectives of the club.
They know where this money came from, so telling us they're giving it away to charity is insulting the intelligence of those in the know.
Re: Rich People Who Feared Giving Their Children Money by tellwisdom: 1:22am On Feb 21, 2013
idiagbon:

Press # to knack ur head for wall.

Wetin be the thing wey u smoke?
Re: Rich People Who Feared Giving Their Children Money by 190: 1:30am On Feb 21, 2013
you can never see a Nigerian man on that LIST

Never -

kmt, Nigerians O ma se oh
Re: Rich People Who Feared Giving Their Children Money by abifoluwa: 1:35am On Feb 21, 2013
nairabacks: Take note that these so called billionaires belong to a special club of 'illuminated ones' once you're a member your business or organisation 'magically' begins to create equity out of thin air, as long as it benefits the objectives of the club.
They know where this money came from, so telling us they're giving it away to charity is insulting the intelligence of those in the know.
just when you thought you have seen it all, my friend is this another conspiracy theory? grin

3 Likes

Re: Rich People Who Feared Giving Their Children Money by Tedpgrass: 1:51am On Feb 21, 2013
Agree with the idea....

All my parents did was to put me on the right rung of the ladder by equipping me with good education and work skills...

Not looking keenly to take over the pile once they are gone.....
maybe out of duty n to sustain their memory (posterity) ...... yes!

Otherwise no.

You find these rich kids don't find their own niche/destinies, so to speak.....
Carrying on the family drama n wealth: despondently too, most of the time....

Setting them up in their sustainable pet projects is of greater benefit than leaving extortionate large sums of money. Then it creates diversity and enables creativity.

Hey Ho....
Just my thoughts.... not research-based.

Re: Rich People Who Feared Giving Their Children Money by Nobody: 1:57am On Feb 21, 2013
You people should open your eyes, by the time these billionaire parents pass on, their kids they are leaving no wealth for will still be worth more than most entire wealthy generation from Nigeria.

Maths just do the maths.
Re: Rich People Who Feared Giving Their Children Money by Nobody: 1:57am On Feb 21, 2013
nairabacks: Take note that these so called billionaires belong to a special club of 'illuminated ones' once you're a member your business or organisation 'magically' begins to create equity out of thin air, as long as it benefits the objectives of the club.
My friend quit this your conspiracy theory and mentality.It wont take you anywhere in life.

2 Likes

Re: Rich People Who Feared Giving Their Children Money by nairabacks(f): 2:07am On Feb 21, 2013
chingyjant:
My friend quit this your conspiracy theory and mentality.It wont take you anywhere in life.

Sorry ooo..

I've gone verry farrrr than u can imagine in this life my friend. Believe what you want. Theories or realities don't determine how far u go in life. It is the correct application of certain tested principles. Because one man made money this way doesn't follow its the only way and means and I can only make mine the same way.

Your comment shows how myopic you are regarding the grand scheme of things. I don't deify these billionaires like some of you do. You can only take some of their good examples, apply them and drop the bad ones.

Becoming an apologist for people who neither know or care about you is a waste of your energy. Frankly.

I guess you still have your journey cut out for you. Good luck to u sha.

3 Likes

Re: Rich People Who Feared Giving Their Children Money by tutu1: 2:11am On Feb 21, 2013
Rubbish make ona no follow all this men mouth oh, they just fooling us, as for me , my kids are going to get my $100 billion dollars and my estate in Dubai grin
Re: Rich People Who Feared Giving Their Children Money by Nobody: 2:20am On Feb 21, 2013
Makes sense...
If I had extremely rich parents, I wouldn't need their money as long as certain things are already on point...like a mad house for me. undecided
I can hustle the rest cheesy
Re: Rich People Who Feared Giving Their Children Money by YorubaOmoge: 2:22am On Feb 21, 2013
I'm one of those ppl. I fear giving little Abike money cry

1 Like

Re: Rich People Who Feared Giving Their Children Money by somegirl1: 2:25am On Feb 21, 2013
mysticgal: My Dad always says''A WISE FATHER LEAVETH INHERITANCE FOR HIS CHILDREN''but this piece is confusing.

They plan to leave inheritance for their children, just not everything.
Re: Rich People Who Feared Giving Their Children Money by shadyJ: 2:25am On Feb 21, 2013
So, in other words, we should believe that all their children are all broke-a$$ people roaming the streets abi? Oya, OP, clap for yourself.. Indeed! Oh please!

1 Like

Re: Rich People Who Feared Giving Their Children Money by AmandaaaP(f): 2:27am On Feb 21, 2013
What is he foaming in the mouth for ? cheesy

chingyjant:

1 Like

Re: Rich People Who Feared Giving Their Children Money by Nobody: 2:30am On Feb 21, 2013
$hady¤J:
So, in other words, we should believe that all their children are all broke-a$$ people roaming the streets abi? Oya, OP, clap for yourself.. Indeed! Oh please!

ofcourse not. One of them considered $2Billion dollars to be next to poverty tongue
So what do you think pocket money will be for his children?

Enough to buy 3 houses in Lekki for sure.
Re: Rich People Who Feared Giving Their Children Money by pekelepekele(m): 2:49am On Feb 21, 2013
It can't ruin their lives they are just into some stupid cult with occult practices . There is always a way of doing some certain things at least those people mentioned above are not young or middle aged people meaning most of their kids are above 20 that also mean they can put their children's in place of control at their various companies to view their performance and teach them about business tactics that way the father will finally be able to know which of his kids will be in full control of the wealth not meaning others won't be in control too but they will have to be doing some around jobs for their Father companies or probably go for more education .
My people it is not the wish of any Father that want to be rich and let it end there after he died if it doesn't has any other spiritual things attached what about the case of Nassef Sawiris (Egypt) and Naguib Sawiris (Egypt) They inherited wealth from their parents why the wealth didn't ruin their lives ?

1 Like

Re: Rich People Who Feared Giving Their Children Money by econome(m): 3:04am On Feb 21, 2013
Steven Hayworth
Steven Hayworth, ex-CEO of Gibraltar Private Bank, told the New York Times in 2010 that he was glad his daughter was going to work at a clothing store that summer because he wanted her to learn "the value of a dollar."
Re: Rich People Who Feared Giving Their Children Money by greaterlove(m): 3:13am On Feb 21, 2013
I read in a classic book ' the acres of diamond' that more than 90% of kids born into wealthy homes die poor or broke, this rich men know this fact, and also know that you don't need money to make money, believe it or not. so their message to their kids is to think and use their heads, not that nothing will be left for them but they have to get off their comfort zone.
Re: Rich People Who Feared Giving Their Children Money by nairabacks(f): 3:22am On Feb 21, 2013
I also keep saying this to anyone who would listen. Think outside your box, become a problem solver. It starts with an idea not necessarily money.

greaterlove: I read in a classic book ' the acres of diamond' that more than 90% of kids born into wealthy homes die poor or broke, this rich men know this fact, and also know that you don't need money to make money, believe it or not. so their message to their kids is to think and use their heads, not that nothing will be left for them but they have to get off their comfort zone.
Re: Rich People Who Feared Giving Their Children Money by tutu1: 3:38am On Feb 21, 2013
why waste your time being famous when you can be rich silent and happy,
specialguest: Nice one! The kids should also work hard for their own money. Afterall have you ever heard of a rich man's son being more famous than his father? The Abiola's, Abacha's, Babangida's , Atiku's, Akande's , Adenuga's to name but a few, they all have grown up children but is any of the children more famous than their rich fathers? NO and the reason is simple, go figure it out folks.

1 Like

Re: Rich People Who Feared Giving Their Children Money by Oredys(m): 3:50am On Feb 21, 2013
gluv01:

True....But a wise father who knows the value of a penny and how he came by it, surely must know that leaving so much inheritance isn't the best.

You give them something good to start with and take care, then the rest they'll work it out themselves and know how you came by it. If it was a smooth road or not.

Gbam!!!
Re: Rich People Who Feared Giving Their Children Money by noobsaibot2(m): 4:02am On Feb 21, 2013
I GO DO LIKE EM... BUT GONE LEAVE ME KIDS MONEY TOO...
Re: Rich People Who Feared Giving Their Children Money by pfijacobs(m): 5:19am On Feb 21, 2013
Outward fronting jor... In d real truth and underneath d pretence dey still leave confirm bar for dier children...
Re: Rich People Who Feared Giving Their Children Money by hassymo5(m): 5:35am On Feb 21, 2013
learn to make ur own money is better, rather than waiting for ur father ti die so that u can inherit his riches!!!
Re: Rich People Who Feared Giving Their Children Money by EiE1(f): 5:38am On Feb 21, 2013
mysticgal: My Dad always says''A WISE FATHER LEAVETH INHERITANCE FOR HIS CHILDREN''but this piece is confusing.

Taaaah! Ur father is quoting the bible (not his own words, so he's right)!
Re: Rich People Who Feared Giving Their Children Money by Nobody: 5:49am On Feb 21, 2013
If my father tries this expensive joke, I will kill him off. Who the heck is Charity? A total stranger. . .

1 Like

Re: Rich People Who Feared Giving Their Children Money by Bantino(m): 6:00am On Feb 21, 2013
How I wish our politicians can have this attitude and mentality rather than stealing trillions and stacking them up for generations unborn.
Re: Rich People Who Feared Giving Their Children Money by ROCKJ1(m): 6:10am On Feb 21, 2013
This is from oyibo peoples point of view. Let them come to Nigeria and see where our leaders are stealing billions and keeping for their children and next generation.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ex-Miss Nigeria, Sylvia Emechete And Her Husband / “The Idea of Marriage Frightens Me” – Tacha Akide / Wizkid's Son, Ayo Moving In The Womb Of Binta Diamond Diallo (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.