Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:00 AM

Rich People Who Feared Giving Their Children Money - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Rich People Who Feared Giving Their Children Money (22952 Views)

Ex Miss Cameroon Changing Her Skin To White Because Rich People Like Very Light / 16 Celebrities And Their Children (pixs) / Lalla Diakite Didier Drogba And Their Children(pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rich People Who Feared Giving Their Children Money by Iolo(m): 6:15am On Feb 21, 2013
mysticgal: My Dad always says''A WISE FATHER LEAVETH INHERITANCE FOR HIS CHILDREN''but this piece is confusing.

To put things in proper perspective with the articles context, I know Bill Gates intends to leave $10million for each of his kids. Not so much in the grand scheme of things considering his entire wealth, but still good enough money for them to live a nice life and be their own person.
Re: Rich People Who Feared Giving Their Children Money by kenneth348: 6:24am On Feb 21, 2013
;DWetin our Naijs rich guys talk nah.una 4 ask then make u see brain. grin
Re: Rich People Who Feared Giving Their Children Money by SORTER: 6:27am On Feb 21, 2013
What îE our leader's take on this please?
Re: Rich People Who Feared Giving Their Children Money by Loveaflame(m): 6:45am On Feb 21, 2013
I beg to differ a little bit.Parents are to train their kids to be morally strong and upright.Kids must prove themselves worthy to inherit their parent's wealth.The Bible says,"A GOOD FATHER LEAVETH AN INHERITANCE FOR HIS CHILDREN CHILDREN".That is what I intend to do.These rich people have problems in raising godly kids.MONEY DOES NOT CORRUPT A MAN IT ONLY REVEALS WHO HE IS.Have you not seen some seemingly humble good people suddenly become something else when they hit wealth vice versa.You think it's the money.Noop!It's been in them.Money only gave those hidden evils self expression.I must raise kids who can stand the test of time.We Africans believe in continuity.That I intend to do.God help me.

1 Like

Re: Rich People Who Feared Giving Their Children Money by TUMIC(m): 6:58am On Feb 21, 2013
WELL I KNOW WHAT I WILL LEAVE FOR MY KIDS WHEN AM GONE.
SOMEBODY GUESS

Re: Rich People Who Feared Giving Their Children Money by ajadek(m): 6:59am On Feb 21, 2013
mysticgal: My Dad always says''A WISE FATHER LEAVETH INHERITANCE FOR HIS CHILDREN''but this piece is confusing.
bilble say a responsible father will leaveth inheritance for his six coming generation
Re: Rich People Who Feared Giving Their Children Money by Eisenhower(m): 7:09am On Feb 21, 2013
the bible makes us to understand that a wise father leaveth inheritance for his children.this perception of leaving money to charity is absolutely ridiculous.
who controls the charity? are they human? how are you sure they wouldn't divert some or all the money to their private account has evident in the past in the revealed scandals and recently in the u.s campaign funds was discovered to have been use privately by a member of a political group.As for using it to sponsor students in less privilege countries as evident in scholarship available for student all over the world is good.
Re: Rich People Who Feared Giving Their Children Money by vanstanzy(m): 7:16am On Feb 21, 2013
I, for one don't see it as a bad idea. Yes one can and must leave some inheritance with ones kids, but not so much so,

to the extent that they'll remain dependent and become useless. The kids need to be self-reliant. The whites practice

this well, unlike most of their black counterparts.
Re: Rich People Who Feared Giving Their Children Money by NOIBMUUL(m): 7:22am On Feb 21, 2013

Inheritance doesn't have to be money.
Re: Rich People Who Feared Giving Their Children Money by Ebestsmscom: 7:35am On Feb 21, 2013
specialguest: Nice one! The kids should also work hard for their own money. Afterall have you ever heard of a rich man's son being more famous than his father? The Abiola's, Abacha's, Babangida's , Atiku's, Akande's , Adenuga's to name but a few, they all have grown up children but is any of the children more famous than their rich fathers? NO and the reason is simple, go figure it out folks.

Seconded.

Thank God my dad isn't on the league (you know what I mean).

My dad will not be greater than me and that is my prayers, am not an idiot.

I will be GREATER.

1 Like

Re: Rich People Who Feared Giving Their Children Money by Ebestsmscom: 7:39am On Feb 21, 2013
Eisenhower: the bible makes us to understand that a wise father leaveth inheritance for his children.this perception of leaving money to charity is absolutely ridiculous.
who controls the charity? are they human? how are you sure they wouldn't divert some or all the money to their private account has evident in the past in the revealed scandals and recently in the u.s campaign funds was discovered to have been use privately by a member of a political group.As for using it to sponsor students in less privilege countries as evident in scholarship available for student all over the world is good.

You're comment looks like someone that doesn't give offering and tithe in the church.

I mean no harm, just passing by.
Re: Rich People Who Feared Giving Their Children Money by samcarlos: 7:40am On Feb 21, 2013

When the inheritance is so much, it ruins the children.
Trust me
Re: Rich People Who Feared Giving Their Children Money by Fesisko(m): 7:43am On Feb 21, 2013
Thesame thing can't be said or applicable to all these politicians who definitely wants to aquire enough wealth for their children,grandchildren,great,great-grand children.lol.
Re: Rich People Who Feared Giving Their Children Money by greaterlove(m): 7:47am On Feb 21, 2013
Loveaflame: I beg to differ a little bit.Parents are to train their kids to be morally strong and upright.Kids must prove themselves worthy to inherit their parent's wealth.The Bible says,"A GOOD FATHER LEAVETH AN INHERITANCE FOR HIS CHILDREN CHILDREN".That is what I intend to do.These rich people have problems in raising godly kids.MONEY DOES NOT CORRUPT A MAN IT ONLY REVEALS WHO HE IS.Have you not seen some seemingly humble good people suddenly become something else when they hit wealth vice versa.You think it's the money.Noop!It's been in them.Money only gave those hidden evils self expression.I must raise kids who can stand the test of time.We Africans believe in continuity.That I intend to do.God help me.
A good inheritance does not only mean money, it includes a good name, good education, good character and teaching them to be self reliant. There are many who will give anything to be called a Gate or Dantata,or Dangote, or Otedola. Slim is the richest man in the world because his dad did not spoil him, he used all he learnt from his dad and more he gained afterwards to rise to where he is. If I may also add, these men are also trying to raise godly kids by telling them they have to hustle too,an ungodly child is one that waits for the dismiss of his father to gain his wealth, and an ungodly father is the one who want to accumulate wealth for his children and grand children by all means, an eagle does not inherit its fathers nest and wings, its the eagle father's duty to teach it how to fly.
Re: Rich People Who Feared Giving Their Children Money by Emmy9ite(m): 7:50am On Feb 21, 2013
Most of them started off with their own idea and capital. Andrew Carnegie was really poor from onset. Bill gate started Microsoft and went on to become rich.
Good news to those who think they can't make it when they are poor, its possible for you to make your own silver spoon.
Re: Rich People Who Feared Giving Their Children Money by greaterlove(m): 7:52am On Feb 21, 2013
Emmy9ite: Most of them started off with their own idea and capital. Andrew Carnegie was really poor from onset. Bill gate started Microsoft and went on to become rich.
Good news to those who think they can't make it when they are poor, its possible for you to make your own silver spoon.
Gbam. Its only lazy minds that want things to fall on their lap.
Re: Rich People Who Feared Giving Their Children Money by jeniud: 7:55am On Feb 21, 2013
Let parents give their wards a try.
Re: Rich People Who Feared Giving Their Children Money by ogundokun: 7:58am On Feb 21, 2013
patholaw: If my father try am...we go die there grin

U mean u go kill am before his time. Omo a se iru e fun e
Re: Rich People Who Feared Giving Their Children Money by jbrodaly(m): 8:01am On Feb 21, 2013
Something to think about for the future..
Re: Rich People Who Feared Giving Their Children Money by OkikiOluwa1(m): 8:04am On Feb 21, 2013
Interesting.
I believe that leaving kids with huge iheritance may spoil them.
I think I ll leave a reasonable percentage for them...Praying to God that they should be good & industrious than their father.
Re: Rich People Who Feared Giving Their Children Money by Harry4cas(m): 8:14am On Feb 21, 2013
gboyetade: Everyone's always jealous of the kid with the rich parents, but being born rich isn't always a ticket to wealth. After all, not all rich people want to leave piles of money to their children.

Bill Gates
Microsoft founder Bill Gates, the world's second-richest man, told The Su.....

Gates isnt the 2nd But the World 3rd Richest man.
Re: Rich People Who Feared Giving Their Children Money by Nobody: 8:18am On Feb 21, 2013
They're only telling y'all what y'all wanna hear. BIG time joke.
Re: Rich People Who Feared Giving Their Children Money by HARDDON: 8:22am On Feb 21, 2013
Ma kids wud be well brought up to appreciate d value of a nickle.

And wen ïtz мч time to bow out, i wud mos def know who deserves ma best.

Charity wud get wor charity wud get. But my kids who grew up to know d difference btw cheap wealth and work wealth, wud get majority of my whole.

Can't have toiled all my life and all of a sudden cast my all to som charity. I must not give em charity my money, ofcos i train them

If they get any thing from my will, it is to futher train the younger ones. D poor isn't poor cos dey got no money. Dey r poor cos dey got poor mentality. D best Ʊ can do it educate em.
Re: Rich People Who Feared Giving Their Children Money by Nobody: 8:27am On Feb 21, 2013
Please, who is Charity and where does she live?
Re: Rich People Who Feared Giving Their Children Money by pinnochio(m): 8:29am On Feb 21, 2013
specialguest: Nice one! The kids should also work hard for their own money. Afterall have you ever heard of a rich man's son being more famous than his father? The Abiola's, Abacha's, Babangida's , Atiku's, Akande's , Adenuga's to name but a few, they all have grown up children but is any of the children more famous than their rich fathers? NO and the reason is simple, go figure it out folks.

Femi Otedola is kinda more famous now than his ex-governor father. smiley
Aliko Dangote's father wasn't poor.
Mike Adenuga's mother was a well-known businesswoman.

Also, Bill Gates and Mark Zuck didn't get admitted to Harvard on scholarship o, it was
their parents' money. Maybe they are exceptions to the rule but I think it's all about the
Individual. Anybody can decide to be great regardless of family connections or pedigree.

My 2 cents.

1 Like

Re: Rich People Who Feared Giving Their Children Money by Eneze1(f): 8:38am On Feb 21, 2013
acidtalk:

What in Heavens name is my name looking for on that list again? Haven't I told this people to give me and my family the much needed privacy we crave for.

I love your ambition, keep it up
Re: Rich People Who Feared Giving Their Children Money by Kelvin677(m): 8:40am On Feb 21, 2013
@op hw much did ur dad donate 2 d charity mod mk u no ban me o jst askin question beside am new here
Re: Rich People Who Feared Giving Their Children Money by victorD3: 8:40am On Feb 21, 2013
acidtalk:

What in Heavens name is my name looking for on that list again? Haven't I told this people to give me and my family the much needed privacy we crave for.

See lagoon rat.
Re: Rich People Who Feared Giving Their Children Money by Kelvin677(m): 8:47am On Feb 21, 2013
victorD3:

See lagoon rat.
guy u wickd o u supose knw dat acidtalk escaped 4rm psychatric hospital recently

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Danieĺla Okeke And Her Jawdropping Curves / Ex-Miss Nigeria, Sylvia Emechete And Her Husband / Wizkid's Son, Ayo Moving In The Womb Of Binta Diamond Diallo (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.