Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,237 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:32 AM

Kasala - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Kasala (12124 Views)

Kasala Don Burst Oooo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kasala by Sheybor(f): 7:13pm On Jul 24, 2013
intresting**** i just love anytin dat v 2do wit culture.'pls continue u r doin a gr8 job'

1 Like

Re: Kasala by zubike01(m): 7:36pm On Jul 24, 2013
Deleted by Author.
Re: Kasala by Bolt2011(m): 9:53pm On Jul 24, 2013
Come o bros Zuby, u seem to know a lot about native medicine and powers. Have u ever worked with a herbalist? Where u from learn all this thing na? #Just curious

Great work. Well done
More updates *in Oliver Twist's voice*
Re: Kasala by zubike01(m): 9:41am On Jul 25, 2013
Bolt2011: Come o bros Zuby, u seem to know a lot about native medicine and powers. Have u ever worked with a herbalist? Where u from learn all this thing na? #Just curious

Great work. Well done
More updates *in Oliver Twist's voice*

Bolt na research things oh google has been very helpful and there is a religious forum on Nairaland go to the IFA segment and you can learn enough to become a self acclaimed babalawo. But its more of fiction i make things up twist things around.

Many thanks for reading
Re: Kasala by zubike01(m): 9:53am On Jul 25, 2013
Deleted by Author.
Re: Kasala by zubike01(m): 9:59am On Jul 25, 2013
4. Unbroken Curses
Nike gets to the market, rushes to Yinka’s stand, and begins to beg her to take her to Iya, Yinka takes the time to explain everything that Iya told her. All of a sudden Nike begins to hear the howls and Yinka grabs her hand. Just beside them, is a group of thugs who collect twenty naira on a daily basis from merchants. Now they’ve increased their fees to fifty naira. People are complying but one butcher refuses and they attack him. Other merchants join in the fight and the market place tumbles upside down as stampede of people runs in various directions, stepping on those that fall, while blood is shed by the others who are fighting. But the madness doesn’t come near Yinka and Nike. They rush to her car, unclasp their hands for about a second and hold hands again, as soon as they are in the car. Yinka began to direct Nike to her house.
[img][/img]

Re: Kasala by zubike01(m): 10:19am On Jul 25, 2013
shocked shocked shocked BEWARE: THE STORY IS ABOUT TO GET INTENSE PLEASE IF YOU ARE SENSITIVE ABOUT RELIGIOUS OR TRIBAL ISSUES DO NOT READ ANY FURTHER shocked shocked shocked
Re: Kasala by lilll: 10:56am On Jul 25, 2013
Morning Zubike, pls upload. We r waitin
Re: Kasala by zubike01(m): 3:58pm On Jul 25, 2013
deleted
Re: Kasala by zubike01(m): 4:14pm On Jul 25, 2013
Deleted
Re: Kasala by stchuksie(m): 7:28pm On Jul 25, 2013
9ce story mate. More ink to ur pen
Re: Kasala by Clemzy16(m): 10:11pm On Jul 25, 2013
Nice story you got here.

I've been following it from the very beginning.

I'd love to say i admire the way you write, it's people like you that encourages me to read.

#more strength to your elbow!!
Re: Kasala by zubike01(m): 12:15am On Jul 26, 2013
Clemzy16: Nice story you got here.

I've been following it from the very beginning.

I'd love to say i admire the way you write, it's people like you that encourages me to read.

#more strength to your elbow!!
st.chuksie:
9ce story mate. More ink to ur pen

Thanks a lot i appreciate you guys.
Re: Kasala by zubike01(m): 2:09am On Jul 26, 2013
Nike and Iya arrive in front of Iya’s house where they meet a large crowd of people waiting for Iya. Iya gets out of the car first. She greets them and they make way for her, and she begins to unlock the door. Nike gets out of the car, still holding the statue. She tries to get ahead in the line but a man pulls her back, telling her she has to wait because she just got there. She calls on Iya to explain to the man. But as she stretches forth her hand, calling on Iya, the man pushes her and the statue falls. Two women at the front begin to fight over who should be first. Iya tries to separate them but gets hit in the process and falls down. A painter working close to Iya’s house falls from his ladder and lands on his head. His neck breaks. The whole place becomes a mess. Nike bends down to look for the statue and she’s just picked it up when somebody screams out loud, “Look at Iya!” The people in the crowd regain their senses and pick Iya up from the floor, only to discover her dead with a broken nose. Nike bursts into tears alongside all the others there. They all had varying problems. She goes into her car, sits down, and continues crying.
Re: Kasala by zubike01(m): 5:25am On Jul 26, 2013
She sees her father’s car from a distance and becomes curious as to who could be driving her father’s car. She goes over and sees Tunde. He asks her to give him the statue but she refuses. He comes close to her, pushes her, and grabs it. Instantly an angry mob attacks him and begins to beat him. She shouts at them to stop but they just continue. He lets go of the statue and she picks it up and the crowd stops. Tunde gets up, looks at her, and tells her she doesn’t understand – that she will die if she doesn’t give him the statue.
He explains to her who the men are, who fought the police in front of her house. She is reluctant to listen and walks away. He follows her and when he is sure that nobody is close, he grabs the statue and runs towards the car. He see a child whose age is close to five years, almost fall into a nearby well. He pushes the child to safety but the wind blows and the pulley hits him. The statue falls from his hand and he slips and falls into the well. Nike runs and picks up the statue and lets down the pulley. He grabs the bucket and she pulls him out.

“You still don’t believe all I told you,” she says. So she takes her time explaining all that has happened so far. But he is still in doubt and grabs it from her. A car passing by at full speed runs over a tin and squashes it into a thin sheet. The car’s back tires propel the tin towards Tunde. Nike grabs the statue from him and he leans forward to get it back and the tin sheet misses his neck but slices his ear into two halves. He screams in pain and cries like a child.

Tunde gets up and says to Nike, “We must find a solution for your curse soon, so that we both can go our separate ways or else.” As he concludes he sees the Guard getting down off a commercial motorcycle. He holds Nike’s hand and begins to run with her. Nike can’t keep up with his speed and falls down. He bends down to pick her up and the guard catches up with them. The Guard tells Nike to hand over the statue; she gives it to him and holds Tunde’s hand firmly, whispering in his ear that he should count to ten and the Guard will be dead.

The Guard smiles with pride. “Oju, my friend, would be very proud of me. The spells he taught me keep me a step ahead.” He gets out his pistol and says to them, “I don’t have any use for any of you any more.” He points the gun towards them.
Nike screams, “Kill me! I don’t want to live anymore!” Tunde begs him to take the statue and go. The Guard pulls the trigger and it doesn’t fire. He is alarmed because he just loaded the gun. He tries it again and again and Tunde attempts to rush him but Nike pulls him back. She reminds him that he’ll be dead if he drops her hand.

The Guard continues fiddling with the gun and he starts coughing blood. He whines, saying something like, “Too much Bad Juju.” Some small kids are trying to pluck mangoes in a tree nearby. One of them throws a stick up and it lands on the Guard’s head. He falls down and dies. Tunde and Nike walk closer to him, collect the statue, and start to run. They get into her car and drive off.
Re: Kasala by zubike01(m): 8:50am On Jul 26, 2013
Oju and Ogunshola are still resting in the forest and Oju says, “One of the guards who they sent on the mission was my friend. I taught him many dark charms and I cooked him behind my father’s back. He couldn’t get all the material needed; all he could get was a tortoise. My father taught me the Bad Juju for tortoise but he hasn’t taught me the good one. He says he will show me that one in a practical manner. That’s why he called me to observe you. I am sorry for giving you Bad Juju, it’s just that my dad keeps on teaching me only the bad ones, which he forbids me to use and he keeps me waiting for a practical example before he teaches me the good ones.”

Ogunshola pities the young man; he wants to showcase his skill but all he has are skills, which are forbidden. Ogunshola says to him, “No problem, my brother. All is well.”

Then Oju says to him, “Try your best to avoid using Bad Juju or it will kill you.” Ogunshola is quiet and Oju tells him it’s time to go back for his next lesson.

In the King’s palace, news comes to the King that several other members of the Lodge have been struck with a strange illness and he gets angry and says to himself, “So these fools told other people and they value them so much as to risk their lives and those of their family members for them.” He wonders if they didn’t value the oath they took. The thought that so many make him fear, has him wondering what will happen to the number of members of the Lodge, since they will lose a lot of members. He wonders about the gossip that will spread around in the community due to the high death toll. He cries for the young sons who won’t grow to be men because of their parents’ error. He wonders about the fate of those who will escape death but become orphans. He wishes he hadn’t forced them into swearing in desperation, he wishes he had allowed Orunmila to handle things the way he does. His pain multiplies when he remembers that no news has been heard from the Guards sent to retrieve the statue. He lies flat on the floor, chest down and says, “Orunmila Igbakeji Olodumare, Orunmila, the second in command to Olodumare, Orisha kpokpo, the god who kneads clay, Obatala gbingbiniki, massive Obatala, I have devoted my life to you. I have served you with all my knowledge and love. If you provide me the solution to this problem I will water your alter with sacrifices.” He gets up, gets a bottle of expensive cognac, pours a little on the floor and says, “My Ancestor, this is your own. Intervene on my behalf – let not our mighty and powerful name be put in dismay.” He pours out more and continues; “My father, the mighty king, fearless, bold, I respected you when you were here with me. I took your orders and followed them to the letter. When you were old and lost the strength of your youth, I didn’t neglect you. I took care of you and still came to you for advice. I married the woman you chose for me and I never regretted it, for my wife is a loving and caring woman. I built halls and gardens in your honor to immortalize your name here on earth, for you were a father like no other. You raised me with an iron hand and I am indeed grateful for that. My forefather, please intercede with the gods for me. Come and intervene, I beg of you.” He spills more drink on the floor, drinks a little, and continues; “Mother, the loving woman whose breast I was suckled from, I acknowledge your strength as a mother and as a queen. I watched you stand before my father with great aura and discernment.”

His wife walks in and joins him; he continues; “You were the mother of this community. I built a hospital in honor of you. I cried when you died and I still haven’t recovered from the torment of your loss but since you are in a higher terrain, I beg you to save our family name from rot.”
His wife replies, “Ashe, so shall it be.”
He continues; “Hasten the recovery of all that is lost and restore your son to a peaceful state of mind.”
He concludes and he and his wife say, “Ashe, so shall it be,” several times.
His wife comes close to him and says, “It shall be well.” She says, “Whatever is troubling you must be great. Why don’t we pray to Jehovah?”
He looks at her and wants to get angry but he keeps calm and says to her, “You don’t involve foreign gods in traditional matters.”
She looks at him and says, “But the Bible says, ‘With God all things are possible.’”
He gets up, gives her a hug, and says to her, “ If only you knew.” Then he walks to his room.

Ogunshola and the Oju arrive at the Babalawo’s place. The Babalawo asks Ogunshola if he remembers the first spell. After this he tells Ogunshola that the next spell he’ll teach him is the protection spell. Then he says, “Ijapa ni mi, I am a tortoise. When a tortoise is attacked, it hides inside its shell and is protected.” He tells Ogunshola to say the word. Ogunshola says it and then the Babalawo orders Oju to attack Ogunshola with a machete. Oju hits Ogunshola on his arm, with the sharp edge of the machete. Ogunshola screams in reflex but looks at his skin and sees no cut. He begins to laugh in admiration of the power he has just acquired. Oju hits him several other times but his skin remains fresh and unaffected. The Babalawo says to him, “When a man eats a cola nut he become like an owl – a creature whose eyes see brighter in the darkest night. I have eaten cola nut so I am an owl.” Ogunshola learns this then the Babalawo says to him, “This is the most important one – learn it fast.” Ogunshola nods in acceptance and the Babalawo begins. “The vulture can sense a dead animal from a distance far beyond. I have the eyes of a vulture so I can do the same.” Ogunshola repeats it and he sees what looks like a video, showing him a path and suddenly the path ends and he sees Nike and Tunde walking hand in hand, holding the statue. He attempts to grab Nike and comes back to his senses. “What did you see?” the Babalawo asks Ogunshola. He tells him and the Babalawo says, “That is what you are up against. Use this charm to locate them wherever they are. Now go and try to remember all you have learnt. Go and prepare, for your journey begins tomorrow.”
Re: Kasala by Clemzy16(m): 10:34am On Jul 26, 2013
The story is getting more intense. Honestly, i'm enjoying every bit of it. Can't wait for ur next update.
BTW, i was trying to like ur page on facebook but to no avail. Maybe it's because i'm on mobile. I'd like if you can just "type-out" the name of the page so i can just search and like.
Re: Kasala by zubike01(m): 11:32am On Jul 26, 2013
Clemzy16: The story is getting more intense. Honestly, i'm enjoying every bit of it. Can't wait for ur next update.
BTW, i was trying to like ur page on facebook but to no avail. Maybe it's because i'm on mobile. I'd like if you can just "type-out" the name of the page so i can just search and like.

Sorry about that the page is titled " DON'T JOIN"
Re: Kasala by Clemzy16(m): 1:27pm On Jul 26, 2013
zubike01:

Sorry about that the page is titled " DON'T JOIN"
Thanks. Just liked it.
Re: Kasala by zubike01(m): 10:07pm On Jul 26, 2013
deleted
Re: Kasala by Clemzy16(m): 9:45am On Jul 27, 2013
Next update pls
Re: Kasala by zubike01(m): 10:11am On Jul 27, 2013
Delete
Re: Kasala by zubike01(m): 12:48pm On Jul 27, 2013
deleted
Re: Kasala by zubike01(m): 10:56am On Jul 28, 2013
In the morning, Tunde, Nike, and Alabi are sitting down and Alabi tells them where they can find Esan. He advises them to go there with a white cork and a bottle of gin, explaining that these items might be part of the ingredients of the ritual needed to break the curses. They are about to leave but Alabi urges them to sit down and begins a tale:
“Tunde and Nike, I wasn’t completely truthful with you in my story yesterday. You see the statue you have in your hands is not the just the statue of Orunmila but that of .... Deleted by Author.
Re: Kasala by jlee(m): 1:16pm On Jul 28, 2013
Fiction or no fiction this story dose have historical facts and am trilled by your sound knowledge of this facts.
More more grace 2 ur ink

1 Like

Re: Kasala by zubike01(m): 4:09pm On Jul 28, 2013
Re: Kasala by fruiteeiy(f): 5:01pm On Jul 28, 2013
what a good read...... come continue abeg
more oil to ur elbow grin
Re: Kasala by zubike01(m): 11:36pm On Jul 28, 2013
fruiteeiy: what a good read...... come continue abeg
more oil to ur elbow grin
Thanks no wahala i go continue

jlee: Fiction or no fiction this story dose have historical facts and am trilled by your sound knowledge of this facts.
More more grace 2 ur ink

I am not sure of the facts just expressing various views of history in fiction, am happy you can relate to it.
Re: Kasala by zubike01(m): 11:40pm On Jul 28, 2013
deleted
Re: Kasala by Clemzy16(m): 10:47am On Jul 29, 2013
This story is getting more interesting by each post. . .

Keep it up bro. More greece to your elbow!
Re: Kasala by Nobody: 11:00am On Jul 29, 2013
If i dont comment then am a thief cos this story/tale is so interesting that i can't resist
Re: Kasala by zubike01(m): 12:37pm On Jul 29, 2013
Clemzy16: This story is getting more interesting by each post. . .

Keep it up bro. More greece to your elbow!
Thanks Clemzy

Damex333: If i dont comment then am a thief cos this story/tale is so interesting that i can't resist

Thanks Damex....

I didn't know Nigerias are ready for mystical conspiracy thrillers

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Unveiling Nigeria's Most Dreaded Gossip Journalist........ / Diary Of A Condom / Ajayi And His Tenants

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.