Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,722 members, 7,816,972 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:42 PM

Kasala - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Kasala (12123 Views)

Kasala Don Burst Oooo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kasala by Clemzy16(m): 1:02pm On Jul 29, 2013
zubike01:
Thanks Clemzy

Thanks Damex....

I didn't know Nigerias are ready for mystical conspiracy thrillers
Carry on bro!! We dey by ur syd. . .
Re: Kasala by DNA1(f): 5:01pm On Jul 29, 2013
zubike01:
Thanks Clemzy

Thanks Damex....

I didn't know Nigerias are ready for mystical conspiracy thrillers

of course nigerians are tired of d love stories and political jargon we are bombarded with everyday...
Abeg do make u update oo
Re: Kasala by zubike01(m): 1:04pm On Jul 30, 2013
Deleted by Author.
Re: Kasala by DNA1(f): 2:38pm On Jul 30, 2013
update d story ooo, what r u waiting for?
Re: Kasala by zubike01(m): 3:47pm On Jul 30, 2013
DNA1: update d story ooo, what r u waiting for?

Madam i've updated for today oh but don't worry i would still update more later on. Anyway DNA1 who is your favourite character?

Re: Kasala by DNA1(f): 6:10pm On Jul 30, 2013
hahahaha...that should be Nike..
Re: Kasala by DNA1(f): 6:11pm On Jul 30, 2013
so...I've been meaning to ask. What inspired u to write this story?
Re: Kasala by zubike01(m): 6:40pm On Jul 30, 2013
DNA1: so...I've been meaning to ask. What inspired u to write this story?

I had the kasala jass and Nike in my mind but i needed a twist so i brought in tunde it still din't have a good twist so i brought in Ogunshola still dind't go well so i brought in the secret and it became perfect.Truth be told my main source of inspiration are davince code the whole secret thing and final destination( A movie about people who cheated death and it was coming after them in form of various accidents.)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPPglUzoh_0
zubike01:

[quote author=DNA1]hahahaha...that should be Nike..
Yeah Nike is very likable but my favourite though is Ogunshola he is a rich kid, a lover boy and he has honour, courage and he has no choice than to be the bad guy
Re: Kasala by zubike01(m): 7:12pm On Jul 30, 2013
***delete****
Re: Kasala by zubike01(m): 7:14pm On Jul 30, 2013
intentionally left blank
Re: Kasala by Clemzy16(m): 8:01pm On Jul 30, 2013
Just read ur last two updates. It was really superb. Cant wait for the next line of action.
Re: Kasala by beey2(m): 8:17pm On Jul 30, 2013
@Zub I'm not serious at all wt my professional exam and na u cos am(lol) because if I study as much as I've been reading ur update, I'll definately get qualified this year. More energy to ur fingers.
Re: Kasala by zubike01(m): 8:48pm On Jul 30, 2013
bee-y:
@Zub I'm not serious at all wt my professional exam and na u cos am(lol) because if I study as much as I've been reading ur update, I'll definately get qualified this year. More energy to ur fingers.

lol no be my fault oh what exam is that? Who knows i fit be your professional colleague, but not to worry this is the 2nd to the last chapter, so very soon you would have enough time to study.

Clemzy16: Just read ur last two updates. It was really superb. Can't wait for the next line of action.

Don't worry Clemzy am sure i'll meet all your expectations and beyond. It good fans like you that give us hope.
Re: Kasala by zubike01(m): 9:38pm On Jul 30, 2013
Deleted
Re: Kasala by Clemzy16(m): 10:58pm On Jul 30, 2013
*In will smith's voice, i say 'GOOD JOB! Is it true that the next update marks the end of this beautiful story?
Re: Kasala by zubike01(m): 11:26pm On Jul 30, 2013
Clemzy16: *In will smith's voice, i say 'GOOD JOB! Is it true that the next update marks the end of this beautiful story?

No we are still in chapter 5 "Ogunshola Quest". We still have chapter 6 "Tears of a Loved One" and it would definitely take more that one update, a chapter is like 8 updates plus or minus . After that the epilogue.
Re: Kasala by zubike01(m): 12:26am On Jul 31, 2013
***DELETED***
Re: Kasala by beey2(m): 7:01am On Jul 31, 2013
@ Zub baba I just dey over gbadun u. now I've kept My books away till either I --------or I'm thru wt ds
Re: Kasala by Clemzy16(m): 8:44am On Jul 31, 2013
zubike01:

No we are still in chapter 5 "Ogunshola Quest". We still have chapter 6 "Tears of a Loved One" and it would definitely take more that one update, a chapter is like 8 updates plus or minus . After that the epilogue.
ailt...i get it now. Tnkz 4 d explanation, ws confused in my thoughts.
Re: Kasala by jlee(m): 9:00am On Jul 31, 2013
Ask me to rate this story, i will give a five star rating. The best i ve come accross, it meets the standard of likes of wole shoyinka's works. Good one there
Re: Kasala by Clemzy16(m): 9:07am On Jul 31, 2013
So far i'm happy and glad to have been part of this journey, from chapter1 now in chapter 6, it has been wonderful all the way.

If this story finds it way into the market i believe it's going to sell. Don't you ever get discouraged of the thought that people might copyright your works when posted online?

Also, what does the curse/spirit of IKU do?
Re: Kasala by zubike01(m): 9:55am On Jul 31, 2013
jlee: Ask me to rate this story, i will give a five star rating. The best i've come accross, it meets the standard of likes of wole shoyinka's works. Good one there

Thanks Jlee am happy you think highly of my work.

Clemzy16: So far i'm happy and glad to have been part of this journey, from chapter1 now in chapter 6, it has been wonderful all the way.

If this story finds it way into the market i believe it's going to sell. Don't you ever get discouraged of the thought that people might copyright your works when posted online?

Also, what does the curse/spirit of IKU do?

I have measures in place that prevent that so i am not scared. You can't steal my intellectual property without getting into a fight its every writer's responsibility to protect his or her work.

As for what the curse and iku does i refer you to this quote from chapter 1
zubike01: Little does Nike know that Iya has placed a curse as old as history on her, called KASALA. Kasala is a spell that creates a bad aura around the individual it is placed on. It makes things of doom happen all around the individual but shields the person from its effect.

bee-y:
@ Zub baba I just dey over gbadun u. now I've kept My books away till either I --------or I'm thru wt ds

Priorities man try and find a balance i need you to smash your professional exam...
Re: Kasala by zubike01(m): 10:02am On Jul 31, 2013
****DELETED BY YOURS TRULY ****
Re: Kasala by DNA1(f): 10:25am On Jul 31, 2013
d last update was wow....

1 Like

Re: Kasala by beey2(m): 12:31pm On Jul 31, 2013
Thanks man @ Zub actually I read ur update only when I'm either tired or bored...u are one of the main reason I make comment on NL. Also wish u success in ur Professional exams. Peace.
Re: Kasala by Nobody: 12:51pm On Jul 31, 2013
I started ds piece today n finished it,it kept me glued to my seat 4 hours,u've gat great talent o

U r now added to d list of my great writers on NL.. Weldne
Re: Kasala by zubike01(m): 1:35pm On Jul 31, 2013
bee-y:
Thanks man @ Zub actually I read ur update only when I'm either tired or bored...u are one of the main reason I make comment on NL. Also wish u success in ur Professional exams. Peace.
You would be fine then nothing do you...

Candis009: I started ds piece today n finished it,it kept me glued to my seat 4 hours,u've gat great talent o

U r now added to d list of my great writers on NL.. Weldne
Thanks for having the patience to make it past the 1st chapter. Most people get bored initially because of the numerous characters and simultaneous events but if they could get past that and see the linkage they love it.

DNA1: d last update was wow....
smiley wink cheesy grin Hurray ! DNA said my update was wow smiley smiley grin

I don't like the fact that there are two angry mobs scenes one with Tunde and one with Ogunshola. Would like to change the Tunde scene to something more dramatic any ideas people.

"She goes over and sees Tunde. He asks her to give him the statue but she refuses. He comes close to her, pushes her, and grabs it. Instantly an angry mob attacks him and begins to beat him. She shouts at them to stop but they just continue. He lets go of the statue and she picks it up and the crowd stops."

Thats the scene i want to change...
Re: Kasala by beey2(m): 1:53pm On Jul 31, 2013
zubike01:

Thanks for having the patience to make it past the 1st chapter. Most people get bored initially because of the numerous characters and simultaneous events but if they could get past that and see the linkage they love it.

I don't like the fact that there are two angry mobs scenes one with Tunde and one with Ogunshola. Would like to change the Tunde scene to something more dramatic any ideas people.

"She goes over and sees Tunde. He asks her to give him the statue but she refuses. He comes close to her, pushes her, and grabs it. Instantly an angry mob attacks him and begins to beat him. She shouts at them to stop but they just continue. He lets go of the statue and she picks it up and the crowd stops."

I can imagine that will add another twist to this KASALA thriller. I'm learning a lot from ur writing Mr. Zub smiley
Re: Kasala by Clemzy16(m): 2:03pm On Jul 31, 2013
zubike01:

i don't think there is anything wrong with the scene. You can go ahead writing it...besides we are not complaining. Also, they are no longer in nigeria but america where the tolerance of woman-beating is at level zero.
Re: Kasala by zubike01(m): 2:44pm On Jul 31, 2013
Clemzy16: i don't think there is anything wrong with the scene. You can go ahead writing it...besides we are not complaining. Also, they are no longer in nigeria but america where the tolerance of woman-beating is at level zero.

Clemzy there is no woman beating scene in the whole story. I am talking about the scene after Iya's death when tunde arrived and took the statue from her and people attacked him. i want something different.
Re: Kasala by zubike01(m): 3:41pm On Jul 31, 2013
***DELETED***
Re: Kasala by zubike01(m): 1:33am On Aug 01, 2013
****DELETED****

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Diary Of A Condom / Unveiling Nigeria's Most Dreaded Gossip Journalist........ / Ajayi And His Tenants

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.