Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,952 members, 7,952,836 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 04:56 AM

Alhaji Abubakar Tafawa Balewa's Visit To The United States Of America - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Alhaji Abubakar Tafawa Balewa's Visit To The United States Of America (859 Views)

Remaining Possessions Of Tafawa Balewa At His Tomb. Photos / The Tomb Of Sir Abubakar Tafawa Balewa (Photos) / Fashola - Ambobe Handing Over: Tafawa Balewa Square Tastefully Decorated (photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Alhaji Abubakar Tafawa Balewa's Visit To The United States Of America by searchcorp(m): 12:04am On Feb 23, 2013
i just came across this video while going about my own internet business (definitely), well, i was so impressed as to how the Golden Voice of Africa carried himself all through, an ebullient speaker of great eloquence, he was indeed very influential, one would have thought that Nigeria would be the most envied country in Africa by now.

i don't know if this video has been posted here on nairaland before, but then i would strongly recommend that you watch this video and be proud again to be called a Nigerian.

for those on cheap mtn, etisalat and glo data plans, i understand if you dont watch the clip, it is not your fault.... GGMUB!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YT5m9Fn9RBg
Re: Alhaji Abubakar Tafawa Balewa's Visit To The United States Of America by Built2last: 8:09am On Feb 23, 2013
Golden days of Nigeria
Re: Alhaji Abubakar Tafawa Balewa's Visit To The United States Of America by Nobody: 8:53am On Feb 23, 2013
sincerely...this shows a lot...i don't think USA will honour any Nigerian Presidents in such extensive manner again...we have abused it. just imagine a president going to USA for MEDICAL CHECKUP weekly, staying in hotels, i remember GEJ speaking at an empty UN assembly. Sir Tafawa Balewa was so prudent that he went to USA only on the invitation of the US President, also, he allowed journalist to follow him to every event, unlike the way our leaders today lie about their whereabouts. Balewa flew in a USA airline...what does that tell you? so much to learn from the life of a man who led with much humility and sincerity, he was killed in a coup led by Aguyi Ironsi, He died leaving behind just a bungalow home and little money for the family, until Nigeria gathers to pray for God's forgiveness, we might never get such honest leaders again. sad ... and Buhari wept.
Re: Alhaji Abubakar Tafawa Balewa's Visit To The United States Of America by OAM4J: 9:05am On Feb 23, 2013

(1)

How $1M Poverty Funds From Bayelsa Was Diverted For Beyonce-sahara Reporters / Ghanian Authorities Seize 110m Leaky Condoms! / EXPOSED: Sanusi Lamido's Sexual Escapades With Married Lover Revealed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.