Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,535 members, 7,816,307 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:15 AM

Julius Berger To Build Second Niger-Bridge - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Julius Berger To Build Second Niger-Bridge (18403 Views)

Julius Berger To End Flooding On Aba-Port Harcourt Road / I Will Go On Exile If I Don’t Build Second Niger Bridge Before 2015 — Jonathan / Breaking News: Julius Berger To Build Second Niger Bridge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Julius Berger To Build Second Niger-Bridge by OmoTier1(m): 2:29pm On Feb 23, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: I can see some mischief maker are here to confuse themselves by bring up the issue of the N325million contract of the second Niger Bridge that was awarded last year.

Let me make this clarification for the purpose of fair minded Nigerians. The N325 contract was not to build the second Niger Bridge. Rather it was for the transactional advisory for the project since its a PPP.

The report below says it all:

“Council considered and approved the memo by the minister of works for the award of contract for transactional advisory for design, build, finance and operate (DBFO) on the 2nd Niger Bridge linking Anambra and Delta states in favour of Messrs Roughton International Limited in the sum of N325,638,828.00 with 16 months as completion period”
http://www.businessdayonline.com/NG/index.php/news/latest/42587-fg-awards-contract-for-design-of-2nd-niger-bridge

Whilst I agree that the sum mentioned is too sum an amount to build that bridge anyway, does N325,638,828.00 for just feasibility study not amount to fraud Why would a company be given such an amount to do such a study and yet JB was awarded the contract #JUSTASKING. Shouldn't someone be asking what that money was spent on? Is there not department in the Ministry of Works with employees paid huge sums monthly that are suppose to carry out such studies on behalf of the FG? Or what are there no Engineers in that ministry who can undertake such jobs?

1 Like

Re: Julius Berger To Build Second Niger-Bridge by Nobody: 2:31pm On Feb 23, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
At bolded, I completely agree with you. Government is continuous, hence who ever find himself or herself at the helms should do the much they can to get things started, and completed or complete the ones they met on ground. What I find unacceptable is the propaganda that this present government began all the rail works that were moribund for years. The truth remain that Obasanjo began the revival of the rail networks in the country and it is good that Yar'dua and GEJ have sustained the project and I will commend them for doing so. However, this is not where we hope to be and we must not get carried away with mediocrity. This government has so much goodwill going for Her so excellence is what is expected not sub-per.

People often mistake valid criticism of GEJ for hatred, and that is one absolute trash and ignorance people keep displaying on NL. If anything, GEJ is just another soul on the face of the earth and His success or failure affects the whole of Nigeria than himself, so why wouldn't one want him to succeed in the first instance? I personally want Him to because Nigeria will be the better for it when He does succeed!
All these LONG STORY is just to CONSOLE yourself.

OBJ had 8 solid years to achieve WHATEVER he wanted to achieve. Yar Adua had 3yrs to achieve WHATEVER he wanted to achieve.

The FACT is, railways was DEAD before but GEJ brought railways back to life in just under 3yrs. We see trains ON A DAILY BASIS today. No need for long stories, propaganda or bringing up 1960 documents. This one, we can see it with our korokoro EYES

Anyway, this thread is not about railways. Let me not join in derailing the thread

4 Likes

Re: Julius Berger To Build Second Niger-Bridge by OmoTier1(m): 2:35pm On Feb 23, 2013
thelastPope:

Hahahahahahaha! You are really trying sooooo hard to take the credit away from GEJ aint you? Hahahahahahahahahaha! You guys are amazingly partisan! Bwahahahahahahahahaha!

90% completed before GEJ? Bwahahahahahahahahaha! It is amazing that suddenly everything was completed before GEJ but we are just seeing these things come to life. Na wao! Railway: completed before GEJ! Power: completed before GEJ! Airports: completed before GEJ! Niger bridge: completed before GEJ! FOI bill: completed before GEJ! Electoral reforms: completed before GEJ! Agric reforms and cargo ports: completed before GEJ! Afcon throphy: completed before GEJ! This my post completed before GEJ!

Two years from now, it will be, over 10000MW: completed before GEJ! Standard rail track across the country: completed before GEJ! National Health Bill: completed before GEJ! LOL!
Stop acting stupidly. There is no doubt that there are things GEJ has done that deserves commendation, but certainly, not those you have mentioned with the exception of power and agriculture. As for the airports, if you knew what is going on in the airports today, you would weep big time.

If anything, the major reason GEJ would not command much commendation as your type expect is largely because of the monumental corruption and the lackadaisical attitude His government has shown in fighting corruption. More so, the projects He has embarked upon, most of them are done at x3 times the amount it would ordinarily cost elsewhere and I use the remodeled GAT in Lagos as an example which was done at a near cost of N1bn with home consumer unit type A/C used to cool the airport
Re: Julius Berger To Build Second Niger-Bridge by tomakint: 2:35pm On Feb 23, 2013
This Jonathan has human feelings! This Jonathan is a listening President! This Jonathan is touching lives (Sure-P, YouWin etc)! This Jonathan is a silent achiever! This Jonathan is sensible! This Jonathan is humble! This Jonathan is giving us the dividends of democracy! This Jonathan is not a weakling as widely proclaimed by haters! This Jonathan is likely going to be Nigeria's finest President! Above all, This Jonathan is working! Thank God I voted for Jonathan and I Tomakint, shall do it again!

2 Likes

Re: Julius Berger To Build Second Niger-Bridge by OmoTier1(m): 2:44pm On Feb 23, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
All these LONG STORY is just to CONSOLE yourself.

OBJ had 8 solid years to achieve WHATEVER he wanted to achieve. Yar Adua had 3yrs to achieve WHATEVER he wanted to achieve.

The FACT is, railways was DEAD before but GEJ brought railways back to life in just under 3yrs. We see trains ON A DAILY BASIS today. No need for long stories, propaganda or bringing up 1960 documents. This one, we can see it with our korokoro EYES

Anyway, this thread is not about railways. Let me not join in derailing the thread
This is the kind of propaganda that makes people take you less serious on NL. Government is continuous and it would be fool hardy for any one to say GEJ brought railways back. If anything, all the wagons used today were purchased by Obasanjo under a FG contract with GE.

Where GEJ is to be commended is that He did not side track what was on ground to start another white elephant rail project of His own but allowed the contracts executed under past governments to be completed, and the Lagos-Kano rail is one of those fruits.

It is also not true that trains began running the rail lines after GEJ took over. Those that live in the north will testify of this.
Re: Julius Berger To Build Second Niger-Bridge by tomakint: 2:46pm On Feb 23, 2013
thelastPope:
The pictures are in my pocket! It will cost 14 trillion dollars. It will start tomorrow morning and end tomorrow night! Ode! Who is your messenger that will find out for you? Or you want the minister to come and post it on NL? If you are really interested, don't you know the way to ministry of works office? Send a memo to punch or vanguard and ask their business correspondents. Maybe they will answer you. Lol
cheesy You Sir, you are one of a kind, I luv ur response
Re: Julius Berger To Build Second Niger-Bridge by GARRIx7(m): 2:56pm On Feb 23, 2013
thelastPope:

Hahahahahahaha! You are really trying sooooo hard to take the credit away from GEJ aint you? Hahahahahahahahahaha! You guys are amazingly partisan! Bwahahahahahahahahaha!

90% completed before GEJ? Bwahahahahahahahahaha! It is amazing that suddenly everything was completed before GEJ but we are just seeing these things come to life. Na wao! Railway: completed before GEJ! Power: completed before GEJ! Airports: completed before GEJ! Niger bridge: completed before GEJ! FOI bill: completed before GEJ! Electoral reforms: completed before GEJ! Agric reforms and cargo ports: completed before GEJ! Afcon throphy: completed before GEJ! This my post completed before GEJ!

Two years from now, it will be, over 10000MW: completed before GEJ! Standard rail track across the country: completed before GEJ! National Health Bill: completed before GEJ! LOL!

Mr. Losthope,

GEJ only did about 10% (if not less) of the Ajaokuta-Aladja railway.

Die if it hurts you...

cheesy cheesy
Re: Julius Berger To Build Second Niger-Bridge by Nobody: 3:03pm On Feb 23, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
This is the kind of propaganda that makes people take you less serious on NL. Government is continuous and it would be fool hardy for any one to say GEJ brought railways back. If anything, all the wagons used today were purchased by Obasanjo under a FG contract with GE.

Where GEJ is to be commended is that He did not side track what was on ground to start another white elephant rail project of His own but allowed the contracts executed under past governments to be completed, and the Lagos-Kano rail is one of those fruits.

It is also not true that trains began running the rail lines after GEJ took over. Those that live in the north will testify of this.
So if GEJ fails to complete the second Niger Bridge by 2019 and another govt comes and completes it, I will now give credit to GEJ rather than the new govt that saw the importance of the project and quickly completed it?
A beg park well joor!

To be frank with you, I'm celebrating this award of Second Niger Bridge to Julius Berger because of the person (GEJ) that awarded it. He has shown consistency in keeping to his promise or contracts. If it were in the past, I wouldn't make any comment until the bridge is completed. In Nigeria, awarding of contracts is the EASIEST thing to do as a govt official. The HARDEST thing is release of money and project execution.
Re: Julius Berger To Build Second Niger-Bridge by coputa(m): 3:09pm On Feb 23, 2013
Who are those spreading this ugly rumour that the Niger bridge wants to collapse..this is a hype..that bridge is still strong and healthy the new one is necesitated because of the high vehicular traffic on the bridge..the new bridge will have two lanes.
Re: Julius Berger To Build Second Niger-Bridge by thelastPope(m): 3:09pm On Feb 23, 2013
GARRI (x7):

Mr. Losthope,

GEJ only did about 10% (if not less) of the Ajaokuta-Aladja railway.

Die if it hurts you...

cheesy cheesy

Hurt me? Your lies and propaganda hurt me? You delude yourself. It only makes for a good laugh! Comedy central! You can keep spewing your lies all day, it will make no difference. You are only making noise! The Ajaokuta-Aladja project was rehabulitated by GEJ. There is no amount of propaganda that will change that. The railway was in complete mess when GEJ arrived. He hhas revived it. God bless GEJ!

2 Likes

Re: Julius Berger To Build Second Niger-Bridge by jmaine: 3:11pm On Feb 23, 2013
thelastPope:

Hilarious post completed before GEJ grin
Re: Julius Berger To Build Second Niger-Bridge by Calebsy07: 3:15pm On Feb 23, 2013
Am happy for Julius Berger, i really trust their good work and competency.
Re: Julius Berger To Build Second Niger-Bridge by Nobody: 3:19pm On Feb 23, 2013
CeCe Billz: In 2017 bah? Abeg I finally downloaded a cool pic of me, view and drop ur commentcheesy
i think you look beautiful.nice "manchester united"...oops,did i just say dat?
Re: Julius Berger To Build Second Niger-Bridge by GARRIx7(m): 3:20pm On Feb 23, 2013
thelastPope:

Hurt me? Your lies and propaganda hurt me? You delude yourself. It only makes for a good laugh! Comedy central! You can keep spewing your lies all day, it will make no difference. You are only making noise! The Ajaokuta-Aladja project was rehabulitated by GEJ. There is no amount of propaganda that will change that. The railway was in complete mess when GEJ arrived. He hhas revived it. God bless GEJ!

A bloody LIE from a PDP house boy

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Julius Berger To Build Second Niger-Bridge by taharqa: 3:21pm On Feb 23, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
So if GEJ fails to complete the second Niger Bridge by 2019 and another govt comes and completes it, I will now give credit to GEJ rather than the new govt that saw the importance of the project and quickly completed it?
A beg park well joor!

To be frant with you, I'm celebrating this award of Second Niger Bridge to Julius Berger because of the person (GEJ) that awarded it. He has shown consistency in keeping to his promise or contracts. If it were in the past, I wouldn't make any comment until the bridge is completed. In Nigeria, awarding of contracts is the EASIEST thing to do as a govt official. The HARDEST thing is release of money and project execution.
GBAM!!! This is just it....... In just a year, GEJ has completed about 66 Model Day/Boarding Almajiri schools out of about 104 bn built mostly in the north - I REPEAT, in a single year (whereas, every single previous Govt has been promising to take care of d Almajiri issue and hv all FAILED- even former northern leadas!!). Yet, GEJ does it in a year. GEJ is also building 15 Model Girl's Schools and 72 Libraries in all Federal Unity Schools in Nigeria (some of which are already complete); he has also already built 9 NEW Universities (3 more have now been added and are bn built also) whilst markly increasing funding for Existing ones, esp tru TETFUND.... Moral: Things are NOW GRADUALLY been done when promised and are picking up, unlike previously when all we were hearing were mostly promises.
Re: Julius Berger To Build Second Niger-Bridge by thelastPope(m): 3:29pm On Feb 23, 2013
GARRI (x7):

A bloody LIE from a PDP house boy

cheesy cheesy cheesy

FG sets to complete Warri-
Ajaokuta rail line next
March

By IFEYINWA OBI
Minister of Transport, Senator
Idris Umar, has assured the
nation that the Warri-
Ajaokuta standard gauge rail
line will be completed by
March next year.
Umar stated this after he
carried out an inspection tour
of the project recently.
The minister had visited the
rail project starting from
Warri and took a ride by train
up to Agbor.
After the inspection, he
expressed satisfaction at the
work done so far, adding that
government was making
efforts to address the
financial constraints which
have been the fundamental
issue militating against the
speedy completion of the
project.
Umar was later received at
the Agbor terminal by the Obi
of Owa kingdom, Dr.
Emmanuel Efeizomor.
Efeizomor urged the minister
to ensure that the work is
finished in time to decongest
the roads and bring life to the
rail routes.
The Project Coordinator, who
is also a Division Manager of
Julius Berger Nigeria, Mr.
Guido Abel, had stated that
the biggest obstacle to the
realisation of the project is
funding, expressing hopes
that government will make
necessary funds available for
its completion.
The Warri-Ajaokuta rail line,
which is 276 kilometers long,
was conceived in 1987 to
carry steel products and raw
materials from Delta Steel
Company, Aladja, Warri, and
later abandoned after about
254 kilometers had been
done due to funding
constraints.
The project was resuscitated
in 2009 and is slated for
completion in March 2013.
It will now carry passengers
as well as freight cargoes.
The train from Warri passes
through Itakpe, Ajaokuta,
Agbor, Warri and Ore with six
stations in between

www.vanguardngr.com/2012/05/fg-sets-to-complete-warri-ajaokuta-rail-line-next-march/
Re: Julius Berger To Build Second Niger-Bridge by takedat(m): 3:30pm On Feb 23, 2013
......XYZ
Re: Julius Berger To Build Second Niger-Bridge by GARRIx7(m): 3:47pm On Feb 23, 2013
thelastPope:
The Warri-Ajaokuta rail line,
which is 276 kilometers long,
was conceived in 1987 to
carry steel products and raw
materials from Delta Steel
Company, Aladja, Warri, and
later abandoned after about
254 kilometers had been
done
www.vanguardngr.com/2012/05/fg-sets-to-complete-warri-ajaokuta-rail-line-next-march/

Isn't that what I said before you started foaming in the mouth like an epileptic patient who gulped overdose of a poisonous potion??

undecided
Re: Julius Berger To Build Second Niger-Bridge by Policewoman(f): 3:55pm On Feb 23, 2013
GEJ must make sure that project commences before 2015, if not he has lost my vote.
Re: Julius Berger To Build Second Niger-Bridge by thelastPope(m): 4:02pm On Feb 23, 2013
GARRI (x7):

Isn't that what I said before you started foaming in the mouth like a epileptic patient who gulped overdose of a poisonous potion??

undecided

Again you cut and paste a part of the article. Your normal propaganda way.

That was in 1987 not under OBJ and Yaradua. So that was not what you said. You lied! And you deliberately left out where they said the project was resuscicated in 2009! Your normal deceitful way! OBJ left in 2007. Most of the rehabilitation was done under GEJ as shown in the article. You are a liar! (X100)!

1 Like

Re: Julius Berger To Build Second Niger-Bridge by GARRIx7(m): 4:14pm On Feb 23, 2013
thelastPope:

Again you cut and paste a part of the article. Your normal propaganda way.

That was in 1987 not under OBJ and Yaradua. So that was not what you said. You lied! And you deliberately left out where they said the project was resuscicated in 2009! Your normal deceitful way! OBJ left in 2007. Most of the rehabilitation was done under GEJ as shown in the article. You are a liar! (X100)!

I said about 90% of the project was completed before GEJ... I only showed you that what I said isn't very different from the article you posted..

This is‎​ my original post.

GARRI (x7):

The project actually started over a decade ago, as to if it has been completed, the portion that crosses the Ovwian-Ubogo-Otor Udu Rd (which is‎​ close to Aladja) was complete the last time I passed. Much of the work done on the project was done before GEJ came to office (I'll estimate 90%). However he should do his part to finish it off and also revive the Steel Industries that were killed by Obj and his cronies...

Mr. Losthope remains a LIAR and F00L (x1000)
Re: Julius Berger To Build Second Niger-Bridge by ITbomb(m): 4:31pm On Feb 23, 2013
CeCe Billz: In 2017 bah? Abeg I finally downloaded a cool pic of me, view and drop ur commentcheesy
Hehehe
I luv those milk holders
Re: Julius Berger To Build Second Niger-Bridge by true2god: 4:33pm On Feb 23, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: https://www.nairaland.com/1203651/when-president-jonathan-promises-he

Though President Jonathan is not perfect, I have never regretted supporting him for one second. He keeps proving me RIGHT on this forum.

Posterity will judge all those HATERS and DEVILS who tried to stand in the way of realisation of the second Niger Bridge.

5 decades after Zik built the first Niger Bridge in 1954, Zik is back to give us a second Niger Bridge.

God bless President Goodluck Ebele Azikiwe Jonathan!

God bless the Federal Republic Of Nigeria!!
Im always baffled seeing lagos having 3 bridges connecting lagos island with lagos mainland. And the present plan is to build another bridge, like 4th mainland bridge, to connect the islands with ikorodu while only 1 bridge connects the western nigeria with the entire eastern nigeria for like 50yrs.

Thats not good enof, but only possible in nigeria.
Re: Julius Berger To Build Second Niger-Bridge by thelastPope(m): 4:53pm On Feb 23, 2013
GARRI (x7):

I said about 90% of the project was completed before GEJ... I only showed you that what I said isn't very different from the article you posted..

This is‎​ my original post.

Mr. Losthope remains a LIAR and F00L (x1000)

Omotier said:

that contract which
was awarded during
Obasanjo's regime and
completed towards the end.
False statement. Nothing was done during OBJ. Just paper work and planning! The initial work was done in the late 80s and early 90s!

You responded:

The project actually started over a decade ago, as to if it has been completed, the
portion that crosses the
Ovwian-Ubogo-Otor Udu Rd (which is​ close to Aladja) was complete the last time I passed. Much of the work done on the project was done before GEJ came to office (I'll
estimate 90%)

So before GEJ as in 80s or before GEJ as in OBJ and Yaradua? You are a paid ACN propaganda guy obviously! LOL
Re: Julius Berger To Build Second Niger-Bridge by thelastPope(m): 4:59pm On Feb 23, 2013
true2god: Im always baffled seeing lagos having 3 bridges connecting lagos island with lagos mainland. And the present plan is to build another bridge, like 4th mainland bridge, to connect the islands with ikorodu while only 1 bridge connects the western nigeria with the entire eastern nigeria for like 50yrs.

Thats not good enof, but only possible in nigeria.

Lagos enjoyed such priviledges as capital of Nigeria for years. You don't expect the north dominated military regimes of the 70s to 90s to build a second Niger bridge do you? Let's leave that topic alone so we don't derail the thread! Thank God it is being done now.
Re: Julius Berger To Build Second Niger-Bridge by wefixit: 5:00pm On Feb 23, 2013
The second Niger Bridge? A sigh of relief to every Nigerian that ply the route. However, the first bridge I think is not in best condition and should not be overlooked.
Re: Julius Berger To Build Second Niger-Bridge by GARRIx7(m): 5:22pm On Feb 23, 2013
thelastPope:

Omotier said:

that contract which
was awarded during
Obasanjo's regime and
completed towards the end.
False statement. Nothing was done during OBJ. Just paper work and planning! The initial work was done in the late 80s and early 90s!

You responded:

The project actually started over a decade ago, as to if it has been completed, the
portion that crosses the
Ovwian-Ubogo-Otor Udu Rd (which is​ close to Aladja) was complete the last time I passed. Much of the work done on the project was done before GEJ came to office (I'll
estimate 90%)

So before GEJ as in 80s or before GEJ as in OBJ and Yaradua? You are a paid ACN propaganda guy obviously! LOL

Keep exposing ur senselessness!!!

So you can't differentiate between Omotier and I..... Abi??

undecided
Re: Julius Berger To Build Second Niger-Bridge by mrjingles(m): 5:30pm On Feb 23, 2013
what is this argument about? Something good is happening and you are expending energy debating who gets the credit? Who cares? A bridge built by GEJ, OBJ, JJB or coco the clown will be just as useful to Nigerians. Harry S Truman was so right:"YOU WILL BE AMAZED AT WHAT YOU CAN ACCOMPLISH IF YOU DON'T CARE WHO GETS THE CREDIT" we really ought to be ashamed of ourselves. Lets criticize objectively and celebrate all success no matter how small it may appear.
Re: Julius Berger To Build Second Niger-Bridge by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 5:43pm On Feb 23, 2013
when i see, i shall believe. ordinary bridge.

what type of bridge is expected? Why the fuss?

Show me an impressive structure. it is over due.
Re: Julius Berger To Build Second Niger-Bridge by manny4life(m): 5:58pm On Feb 23, 2013
Chei, how did I miss this tread,

@thelastpope, love the "everything completed before GEJ", hilarious... grin grin
Re: Julius Berger To Build Second Niger-Bridge by UD101(m): 6:12pm On Feb 23, 2013
Asked to comment on the duration of the project, he said, “This is not a contract. It is a PPP transaction. The PPP transaction will cover a period of 25 years for them (Julius Berger AIMS Consortium). By the conclusion of the discussions on the second phase, at least the construction period will emerge. It is not like a normal contract that the government is funding.”

By then, this existing bridge wld hv fallen n takEn so much lives. This na jst elEction talks, south easterners take note; mtcheeeew.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Presidential Debate: Fela Durotoye Wants Donald Duke And Sowore Included (pic) / EFCC Arraigns Muhammed Wakil For N148 Million Corruption Charges / Delegates From Various States Pay Dogara Courtesy Visit (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.