Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,569 members, 7,816,400 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:40 AM

Julius Berger To Build Second Niger-Bridge - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Julius Berger To Build Second Niger-Bridge (18405 Views)

Julius Berger To End Flooding On Aba-Port Harcourt Road / I Will Go On Exile If I Don’t Build Second Niger Bridge Before 2015 — Jonathan / Breaking News: Julius Berger To Build Second Niger Bridge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Julius Berger To Build Second Niger-Bridge by litgirl22: 6:19pm On Feb 23, 2013
It seems that Julius Berger the only construction company in Nigeria.

A German construction company for that matter

Nigeria!!!!!

Nothing substantial of our own to boast of and we call ourselves the giant of Africa. Indeed.... undecided
Re: Julius Berger To Build Second Niger-Bridge by billante(m): 6:46pm On Feb 23, 2013
true2god: Im always baffled seeing lagos having 3 bridges connecting lagos island with lagos mainland. And the present plan is to build another bridge, like 4th mainland bridge, to connect the islands with ikorodu while only 1 bridge connects the western nigeria with the entire eastern nigeria for like 50yrs.

Thats not good enof, but only possible in nigeria.

I don't know why d proposed bridge is being called 2nd niger bridge bcause there is already another bridge built by FG dat crossed the river niger at anam if you are coming from 33 onitsha expressway! It takes you to benue state or is it kogi!? Btw d two.
Re: Julius Berger To Build Second Niger-Bridge by niyooah(m): 7:24pm On Feb 23, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: https://www.nairaland.com/1203651/when-president-jonathan-promises-he

Though President Jonathan is not perfect, I have never regretted supporting him for one second. He keeps proving me RIGHT on this forum.

Posterity will judge all those HATERS and DEVILS who tried to stand in the way of realisation of the second Niger Bridge.

5 decades after Azikiwe built the first Niger Bridge in 1965, Azikiwe is back to give us a second Niger Bridge.

God bless President Goodluck Ebele Azikiwe Jonathan!

God bless the Federal Republic Of Nigeria!!

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/cover/2013-budget-fg-votes-n12bn-for-second-niger-bridge/

As much as i'll love to agree with your comment on the need for that Bridge. But we need to ask ourself questions! At what cost are we getting it? After N12Billion was budget for it in the SURE-P budget for 2013.This your so called Zik when ahead to contract is on PPP arrangement which they will Toll for 25 years. It called Corruption! Needless do I remind you that your contribution for that bridge is in the SURE-P and your will also be Tolled again 4 making use of that Zik dream. Wake Up Dude!
Re: Julius Berger To Build Second Niger-Bridge by Meristem: 7:28pm On Feb 23, 2013
[size=16pt]#yawns#[/size]
nkita si onye ya nyere ego ute wetere ya ego ya, na ntukwu amago ya ahu angry angry

1 Like

Re: Julius Berger To Build Second Niger-Bridge by true2god: 7:36pm On Feb 23, 2013
billante:

I don't know why d proposed bridge is being called 2nd niger bridge bcause there is already another bridge built by FG dat crossed the river niger at anam if you are coming from 33 onitsha expressway! It takes you to benue state or is it kogi!? Btw d two.
Maybe there is a misconception here. Wat im saying here is dat one bridge linkin southwest nigeria with the entire south east and south south is not good enof. The asaba-onitsha road should hav at least three bridges to reduce the pressure on a single bridge. If u knw the daily vehicular movement on dat road u will understand berra.
Re: Julius Berger To Build Second Niger-Bridge by Nobody: 7:39pm On Feb 23, 2013
This is long overdue. I just hope the FG and JB will deliver a world-class bridge with at least, 4 lanes in both directions.
Re: Julius Berger To Build Second Niger-Bridge by emmatok(m): 7:58pm On Feb 23, 2013
UD101: Asked to comment on the duration of the project, he said, “This is not a contract. It is a PPP transaction. The PPP transaction will cover a period of 25 years for them (Julius Berger AIMS Consortium). By the conclusion of the discussions on the second phase, at least the construction period will emerge. It is not like a normal contract that the government is funding.”

By then, this existing bridge wld hv fallen n takEn so much lives. This na jst elEction talks, south easterners take note; mtcheeeew.

Don't mind these PDP people.
Re: Julius Berger To Build Second Niger-Bridge by Nobody: 8:25pm On Feb 23, 2013
promises that IBB, Abacha, OBJ, Yaradua could not fulfill, GEJ has.

God bless GEJ!!!
Re: Julius Berger To Build Second Niger-Bridge by Debroslink: 8:34pm On Feb 23, 2013
okpara ugo: promises that IBB, Abacha, OBJ, Yaradua could not fulfill, GEJ has.

God bless GEJ!!!

AND HOW HAS THE PROMISED BEEN FULFILLED? WHERE IS THE BRIDGE NOW? I GUESS @ UR BACKYARD. ..SMH
angry undecided cry cry cry
Re: Julius Berger To Build Second Niger-Bridge by thelastPope(m): 8:39pm On Feb 23, 2013
emmatok:

Don't mind these PDP people.

We were all ignoring the guys fooolishness, you now went on to complete it! LOL. Its a PPP project with the private guys taking the bigger share of the cost. The onus is on the private guys to deliver on time. For every minute the project is delayed, they are loosing money. They will normally take loans to fund it. These loans have a grace period before interest starts counting. The private guys will have to complete the project on time so they can start making money and paying back their loans. That is the beauty of PPP. This is half way into GEJ's tenure. How can he be making election promises now? Funny how some of you reason, walahi!
Re: Julius Berger To Build Second Niger-Bridge by Nobody: 8:44pm On Feb 23, 2013
promises that IBB, Abacha, OBJ, Yaradua could not fulfill, GEJ has.

God bless GEJ!!!
Re: Julius Berger To Build Second Niger-Bridge by Nobody: 8:47pm On Feb 23, 2013
ITbomb: In other words , expect a toll gate on both ends for the next 25 years

Yeah, u're right.
Re: Julius Berger To Build Second Niger-Bridge by M17: 8:50pm On Feb 23, 2013
up jona,
Re: Julius Berger To Build Second Niger-Bridge by Nobody: 9:00pm On Feb 23, 2013
CeCe Billz: Aww tank u hun

All these portharcourt girls, am yet to see a different one.
Re: Julius Berger To Build Second Niger-Bridge by Nobody: 9:02pm On Feb 23, 2013
GARRI (x7):
Jonathan seems to be taking some lessons from Fashola... That's GOOD.....cool

Meanwhile, I've got a question:

It it's a PPP transaction, what's the 12 Billion Naira meant for??

Most idi.o.tic comment.
Re: Julius Berger To Build Second Niger-Bridge by OmoTier1(m): 9:11pm On Feb 23, 2013
thelastPope:

We were all ignoring the guys fooolishness, you now went on to complete it! LOL. Its a PPP project with the private guys taking the bigger share of the cost. The onus is on the private guys to deliver on time. For every minute the project is delayed, they are loosing money. They will normally take loans to fund it. These loans have a grace period before interest starts counting. The private guys will have to complete the project on time so they can start making money and paying back their loans. That is the beauty of PPP. This is half way into GEJ's tenure. How can he be making election promises now? Funny how some of you reason, walahi!
This comment of yours show how ignorant you are! So just because it is a PPP, Nigerians have no reasons to know the cost of the project, the time it would be delivered and what means it would be paid for? If anything, that it is a PPP means the contract should be heavily scrutinized by the people who will end up paying for it in the long run.

Like I said previously, you have not lived in an organized society in all your life so you would not appreciate why these comments. You are used to jungle way of living where anything goes.
Re: Julius Berger To Build Second Niger-Bridge by mensdept: 9:39pm On Feb 23, 2013
Bridge looks ugly
Re: Julius Berger To Build Second Niger-Bridge by peterprecious: 10:07pm On Feb 23, 2013
How is d bridge
justokey:

You seem to be in the know. Please can FG do something to the existing bridge to avoid catastrophe? You need to be on that bridge to know what I am talking about.
Re: Julius Berger To Build Second Niger-Bridge by Hardfact: 10:11pm On Feb 23, 2013
Nig FG and their stories. If they wana build a 2nd Niger bridge cos it's necessary, they should simply do so and save us all the boring tales. When we happen to see a new bridge, we'll simply have to acknowledge their efforts.
Re: Julius Berger To Build Second Niger-Bridge by Hardfact: 10:18pm On Feb 23, 2013
CFCfan: This is long overdue. I just hope the FG and JB will deliver a world-class bridge with at least, 4 lanes in both directions.
Keep dreaming. Pray, they dont deliver worldclass scam! They must be sick about how to make you happy?
Re: Julius Berger To Build Second Niger-Bridge by Nobody: 10:30pm On Feb 23, 2013
CFCfan: This is long overdue. I just hope the FG and JB will deliver a world-class bridge with at least, 4 lanes in both directions.
This is what you should expect:

"Put at a cost of N100bilion, the second Niger Bridge, which measures 1,760 meters and designed to have a six-lane carriage and a toll plaza, is scheduled for completion in three years with payment spread accordingly"
http://www.compassnewspaper.org/index.php/editorial/57-editorial/791-the-imperative-of-second-niger-bridge
Re: Julius Berger To Build Second Niger-Bridge by Jeflox: 11:53pm On Feb 23, 2013
plz julius berger should be fast o b4 d bridge collapses....
Re: Julius Berger To Build Second Niger-Bridge by emmatok(m): 12:14am On Feb 24, 2013
thelastPope:

Now i see what @garri is saying.

So JB is going to toll that bridge for years.

And thesame PDP is fighting Fashola over lekki road.

Hypocrisy.
Re: Julius Berger To Build Second Niger-Bridge by Sagamite(m): 3:20am On Feb 24, 2013
Again, Julius Berger has bribed its way to another inflated contract. undecided

1 Like

Re: Julius Berger To Build Second Niger-Bridge by Chuksgeo: 5:30am On Feb 24, 2013
My mother goes to work at asaba everyday of the wk cos we live in Osha and she complains that the existing brigde is really not safe cos she continually observes that the bridge changes to certain noise after certain month intervals of making particular type of noise. All I know is that govt should do something fast and should use our taxed money to construct a new bridge
Re: Julius Berger To Build Second Niger-Bridge by supereagle(m): 6:25am On Feb 24, 2013
[size=28pt]Buy the company share now before it goes up.[/size]
Re: Julius Berger To Build Second Niger-Bridge by Nobody: 12:13pm On Feb 24, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: The second Niger Bridge will be built by Julius Berger thru PPP. Federal govt will pay a certain percentage of the total cost of executing the project, while Julius Berger along with its partners will pay the rest.

Already, N12billion was provided in the 2013 budget, thru the SURE-P, to take care of the federal govt counterpart funding for the bridge
http://sunnewsonline.com/new/cover/2013-budget-fg-votes-n12bn-for-second-niger-bridge/
As for when construction will start, work is expected to start by March/April this year

Abeg enh, nor vex. How much would it cost to build a bridge that would be operated by a private consortium for 25 years after an initial mobilization of N12billion? What were the parameters used to arrive at the duration of the operation? Does anyone here know the volume of cars crossing the Niger on an hourly basis? SMH.
Re: Julius Berger To Build Second Niger-Bridge by tomakint: 12:21pm On Feb 25, 2013
CeCe Billz: Surewink
don't I know you from somewhere........hhhmmmmnnnnnn let me think......
Re: Julius Berger To Build Second Niger-Bridge by DisGuy: 10:48pm On Mar 07, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
This is what you should expect:

"Put at a cost of N100bilion, the second Niger Bridge, which measures 1,760 meters and designed to have a six-lane carriage and a toll plaza, is scheduled for completion i[b]n three years with payment spread accordingly"[/b]
http://www.compassnewspaper.org/index.php/editorial/57-editorial/791-the-imperative-of-second-niger-bridge

payments to who? thought this was a PPP

anyway how far? hope it wont go the way of the ibadan expressway PPP
Re: Julius Berger To Build Second Niger-Bridge by Mynd44: 12:19pm On Jul 19, 2014
100 Billion?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

PDP Governors Vow To Maintain Lead Across The Nation / Hajiya Safiya Umar, AEPB & Abuja’s Uniformed Female Harassment Unit / PDP Will Collapse If I Defect To APC – Ebonyi Governor, Umahi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.