Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,911 members, 7,841,454 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 09:57 AM

Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old (27129 Views)

Woman Carries Her Baby After 23-Years Of Marriage. See Photo / Mum Still Thinks I'm A Virgin / She Slaps Me Anytime We Fight —husband Tells Judge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by Nobody: 11:25am On Feb 23, 2013
991: next time, as she lifts her palms to slap you, hold her hand, look directly into her eyes and say, 'Don't You Dare!!' believe me fear go catch her. grin

Hmm

I guess am still too naive for this
Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by Nobody: 11:27am On Feb 23, 2013
FXKing2012:

Everything is within our power, it boils down to our will and belief.

Anyways, try to always act very mature and she'll see that her baby is a big girl who deserves more respect.

P.S: You sound like a very good girl and I'm impressed.

I keep trying to act matured and all i get is more slaps. Sometimes, i wonder if its better beating me up and cutting down my allowances because believe me, am damn tired of the slaps
Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by Nobody: 11:44am On Feb 23, 2013
FXKing2012: Are you the only one she slaps or is that how she slaps people around her? We need to know if she's possessed with the spirit or just trying to show you who's boss. You are a big girl and I see no reason why you should be slapped around even by your mum.

At 23yrs, many of your mates are married and some even with kids. I think you need a boyfriend and/or a job for the slapping to stop. You need to depend less on her for her to respect you more.
On a second thought, maybe she slaps you just because you are a stubborn diva who wears skimpy clothes.

Oops! I didnt even see your last sentence
Wel.. the stubborn diva was because i had to write down something but am not guaranteeing you that am not stubborn though. Lol
And as for the skimpy stuff, I wonder how you got to know i wear skimpy stuffs, if its cos of my profile picture, then i tell you my mum doesnt discourage me on that, besides she buys most of such for me plus i dont wear them out.
Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by Nobody: 11:47am On Feb 23, 2013
StateOfMind:

Was about to type this before I read your reply. Since mum has refused to listen, stand up to her! Hold her hand..stop her midway (well, that's assuming you see the slap coming).

I don't even buy the idea of slapping someone, I have never slapped someone and I can't remember the last time I got slapped. Its not a healthy form of correction at all.

Btw, your opening post is funny Op..lol
staicey:

Try being fierce? undecided Uhmm.. I can remember the last time i tried shouting at her angrily, all she did was just go into her room and locked the door. She refused talking to me for days, all she would do then was just serve food, take hers and leave me to notice that food was ready. I wasnt enjoying the lifestyle one bit. How can i be living with my own mum and not talking to her in the same house? Its sad
Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by Nobody: 11:51am On Feb 23, 2013
byvan: U ve got to carryout your threat the next time she slaps you or it ll never stop.You are an adult and she has no right to be hitting you at this age.I am a mother and I can't picture myself hitting my kids when they are adults.You have to really scare her or else she might slap you even when you are someone's wife.As for the bf advice given to you by some guys here,scratch that.

Don't let anyone talk you into keeping a bf to boost your income,its a st**pid idea.The issue of having a bf or not is yours to decide and no one else.

Awww! Finally am glad talking to a mother atlast.
Please, do you really think she hates me for slapping me?

I think cutting down my allowances should be enough. I learnt this new style of drawing faraway from her whenver i perceive a slap coming and most times, she would now instead of slapping, she would shout angrily but this never happens when am within her reach. Do you sincerely think she hates me despite the fact she wouldnt allow me go stay with my dad and she buys stuffs for me.
Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by FXKing2012(m): 11:55am On Feb 23, 2013
byvan:
Don't let anyone talk you into keeping a bf to boost your income,its a st**pid idea.The issue of having a bf or not is yours to decide and no one else.
I never said she should keep a boyfriend to boost her income, it's just to help remind her mum that she (the OP) is now an adult.
And if you think she's too young to have a bf at 23yrs then...

1 Like

Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by ooman(m): 12:14pm On Feb 23, 2013
she slaps you because you are cute and pretty, probably jealous of you. Dont worry, it will all be over soon.
Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by Nobody: 12:18pm On Feb 23, 2013
ooman: she slaps you because you are cute and pretty, probably jealous of you. Dont worry, it will all be over soon.

...and prolly because i love God too wink

well, thanks. But i took after her and she's prettier, trust me.
Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by greatgod2012(f): 12:42pm On Feb 23, 2013
@ op im a mother, and i cant think of d last time i slapped my kids, not to talk of an adult, i guess your mum is naturally aggresive, what i will advise you is that, when you are both in good mood, walk up to her and tell her you have something that is really bothering you, and since you claim she loves you, she will want to give you attention, go to her, kneel down and tell her your mind, that you dont like d way she slaps or shout on you, let her know what you will likely do if such repeat itself, say whatever you want to say with all humility as well as with all seriousness, remind her that some of your mates are already mothers, and you dont believe somebody of your age should always be slapped like that.
Ask her if shes transfering d anger she has towards your dad to you, ask her if she will be happy if her own mother treat her like that at that age, ask her so many thought provoking questions, that she will know that she has actually gone beyond normal, let her know this is not d best way to correct you, even, if you err.
And one more thing, make sure you always behave well.
I wish you all d best.

12 Likes

Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by ihedioramma: 12:50pm On Feb 23, 2013
FXKing2012:
Why is having a boyfriend always related or linked to hav.ing s-e-x? That thinking is really myopic.
THIS DAYS FRDS ARE NOT WHAT IT IS.IF U ARE NOT HAVING SEX WITH UR FRD PEOPLE WILL TELL U THAT U ARE A FOOL.TWO PEOPLE SE IT AS BEST WAY TO GET SOME ONE AND HAV SEX WITH HIM OR HER AND CALL IT FRD.IF U ARE A GOOD FRD WILL U ASK 4SEX WHY TWO OF U ARE NOT MARRYD?
Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by ihedioramma: 12:52pm On Feb 23, 2013
FXKing2012:
Why is having a boyfriend always related or linked to hav.ing s-e-x? That thinking is really myopic.
THIS DAYS FRDS ARE NOT WHAT IT IS.IF U ARE NOT HAVING SEX WITH UR FRD PEOPLE WILL TELL U THAT U ARE A FOOL.TWO PEOPLE SE IT AS BEST WAY TO GET SOME ONE AND HAV SEX WITH HIM OR HER AND CALL IT FRD.IF U ARE A GOOD FRD WILL U ASK 4SEX WHY TWO OF U ARE NOT MARRYD? .
Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by Nobody: 12:52pm On Feb 23, 2013
staicey:

Hmm

I guess am still too naive for this

then speak to her, the reason why she keeps doing it over again even after apologizing is because you are too soft on your way of approach to the issue. honestly, you need to act something that will make her realize you are no longer a kid, in a well civilized country, she could get herself into legal trouble for slapping a child let alone a 23yrs old.
talk to her, let her know you love and cherish her as a mother but it pains you to the heart that she slaps you at any provocative chance. let her know that you learn more easily if corrected on a mistake and not by being slapped. believe me, if you are bold enough to talk to her she will apologize and stop doing it.
Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by ooman(m): 12:57pm On Feb 23, 2013
staicey:

...and prolly because i love God too wink

well, thanks. But i took after her and she's prettier, trust me.

oh, believe me, younger generations are way prettier than old, that is one reason to be jealous.

Concerning you loving God, you are just wasting your time.

1 Like

Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by SisiKill1: 1:01pm On Feb 23, 2013
Tis hard for me, an outsider, to picture someone whose mommy "still takes out and buys stuff" as an adult.

I bet it's 100 times more unpicturable for the mommy who does the taking out and stuff buying....can't blame her then for thinking the old tried and true albeit uncalled for method of disciplining a kid is appropriate in this case
Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by neheoteteli: 1:37pm On Feb 23, 2013
She slaps you because you are still acting stupid. grow up and the slaps will reduce and maybe stop cool
Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by ihedioramma: 2:46pm On Feb 23, 2013
[quote author=achina boy]
i guess u are not married yet,because most guys that married so called virgins will tell u that it was a mistake,because s,,e,,x,is something that is so enjoyable when u are with an experienced partner,and thats why most guys i know,,i said most guys i know that are married to virgins,ends up going back to their experienced ex,so my point is don`t advice anybody u know to save their virginity or their husband,i would`t advice my kids to do so even,,,,,,,,personal opi capitel wrong
Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by FXKing2012(m): 2:47pm On Feb 23, 2013
greatgod2012: @ op im a mother, and i cant think of d last time i slapped my kids, not to talk of an adult, i guess your mum is naturally aggresive, what i will advise you is that, when you are both in good mood, walk up to her and tell her you have something that is really bothering you, and since you claim she loves you, she will want to give you attention, go to her, kneel down and tell her your mind, that you dont like d way she slaps or shout on you, let her know what you will likely do if such repeat itself, say whatever you want to say with all humility as well as with all seriousness, remind her that some of your mates are already mothers, and you dont believe somebody of your age should always be slapped like that.
Ask her if shes transfering d anger she has towards your dad to you, ask her if she will be happy if her own mother treat her like that at that age, ask her so many thought provoking questions, that she will know that she has actually gone beyond normal, let her know this is not d best way to correct you, even, if you err.
I wish you all d best.
Awesome advice! There is so much wisdom in these pieces advice and I hope the OP adopts them.

2 Likes

Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by FXKing2012(m): 2:49pm On Feb 23, 2013
Sisi_Kill: Tis hard for me, an outsider, to picture someone whose mommy "still takes out and buys stuff" as an adult.

I bet it's 100 times more unpicturable for the mommy who does the taking out and stuff buying....can't blame her then for thinking the old tried and true albeit uncalled for method of disciplining a kid is appropriate in this case
Exactly why I advised her to try and depend on her less. If I'm picking all the bills then dont blame me if I treat you like a kid.
Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by ihedioramma: 2:58pm On Feb 23, 2013
ask ur mum to goback to ur father, that is what will make u happy if ur father has not marryd other woman. i think that will make ur mum more happy with and will not make u angry any more .about what u ask me yes i am.
Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by SugaryBelle(f): 3:03pm On Feb 23, 2013
I laugh in efik..mu che che che che
Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by mikolam(m): 3:23pm On Feb 23, 2013
FXKing2012:

because usually it is(98% of the time). It is the norm..d thinking isn't Myopic bro
Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by allout: 3:54pm On Feb 23, 2013
991:
next time, as she lifts her palms to slap you, hold her hand, look directly into her eyes and say, 'Don't You Dare!!' believe me fear go catch her. grin

A colleague of mine actually came crying to the office one morning that her 15 yr old son did this to her, she was simply perplexed! Guys with grown-up son started advicing her on how best to curb the boy.

@ OP: Nor go try am with ya mama ooooh! Make slap nor go graduate to blows!

First up your game, start serving her scalding hot cofee cheesy and avoid doing anything that'd warrant slap, don't wait to be told to do the right thing!

Start depending less on her, it might mean doing away with additional perks she gets you!

4 Likes

Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by drnoel: 4:08pm On Feb 23, 2013
staicey: I no longer find this funny whenever it happens.

Hello? I just clocked 23 some weeks back and only for mum to slap me 2days back because i didnt make her coffee hot enough to her satisfaction. Wtf? angry
My mum loves slapping me around and this annoys me. Not that she doesnt love me because she still buys me stuffs and takes me out and for the fact that am the only issue, well...you know the rest wink but this case of slappings, i dont like. I've told her several times and after moments of apologies tendered from her, she's doing it the next minute sad sad

please, y'all whether singles or married, tell me if this sh-it is normal because am already loosing a hold of myself. I dont like this one bit angry

I might just move in with my dad or sue her!! angry

u got slapped at 23 yrs and u are complaining. I just spoke to someone whose mother slapped her yesterday at 28 yrs. Its must be something nigerian...
Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by Nobody: 4:35pm On Feb 23, 2013
greatgod2012: @ op im a mother, and i cant think of d last time i slapped my kids, not to talk of an adult, i guess your mum is naturally aggresive, what i will advise you is that, when you are both in good mood, walk up to her and tell her you have something that is really bothering you, and since you claim she loves you, she will want to give you attention, go to her, kneel down and tell her your mind, that you dont like d way she slaps or shout on you, let her know what you will likely do if such repeat itself, say whatever you want to say with all humility as well as with all seriousness, remind her that some of your mates are already mothers, and you dont believe somebody of your age should always be slapped like that.
I wish you all d best.

Thanks thanks! Best so far. I'll adopt it, most definitely. Thanks again.
Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by Nobody: 4:36pm On Feb 23, 2013
ooman:

oh, believe me, younger generations are way prettier than old, that is one reason to be jealous.

Concerning you loving God, you are just wasting your time.

Lol! Anyhow. Thanks again
Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by Nobody: 4:40pm On Feb 23, 2013
Sisi_Kill: Tis hard for me, an outsider, to picture someone whose mommy "still takes out and buys stuff" as an adult.

Wow! And since am still schooling and depending on her for stuffs, what do you expect me to do? Start doing slutty stuffs just to be a big girl and be on my own?? I guess not.

And whatever is wrong with been 23 and mum takes you out and buy stuffs for you? You are making it sound like its not proper. Its not my fault am still in school and earning peanuts at work
Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by Nobody: 4:45pm On Feb 23, 2013
FXKing2012:
Exactly why I advised her to try and depend on her less. If I'm picking all the bills then dont blame me if I treat you like a kid.
depend less.. depend less.. How??
I've got no option. I school, i earn peanuts on my small job. Its not even like i depend much on her. I hardly even ask her for things. She just buys them for me. So if she does, i should reject them simply because i wanna be a big girl? You are also forgetting the fact that am her only child, so buying stuffs is endless..
Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by Nobody: 4:47pm On Feb 23, 2013
ihedioramma: ask ur mum to goback to ur father, that is what will make u happy if ur father has not marryd other woman. i think that will make ur mum more happy with and will not make u angry any more .about what u ask me yes i am.

Hes living with another woman. I think they're married but he keeps telling me they are not.

As for my mum, she doesnt wanna. Its not a "today's case" (15 years case)
Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by Nobody: 4:53pm On Feb 23, 2013
all-out:

A colleague of mine actually came crying to the office one morning that her 15 yr old son did this to her, she was simply perplexed! Guys with grown-up son started advicing her on how best to curb the boy.

@ OP: Nor go try am with ya mama ooooh! Make slap nor go graduate to blows!

First up your game, start serving her scalding hot cofee cheesy and avoid doing anything that'd warrant slap, don't wait to be told to do the right thing!

Start depending less on her, it might mean doing away with additional perks she gets you!
staicey:
depend less.. depend less.. How??
I've got no option. I school, i earn peanuts on my small job. Its not even like i depend much on her. I hardly even ask her for things. She just buys them for me. So if she does, i should reject them simply because i wanna be a big girl? You are also forgetting the fact that am her only child, so buying stuffs is endless..
Funny, but i think the bolded makes sense to me
Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by Nobody: 4:55pm On Feb 23, 2013
drnoel:

u got slapped at 23 yrs and u are complaining. I just spoke to someone whose mother slapped her yesterday at 28 yrs. Its must be something nigerian...

Funny enough, mum never grew up in naija. I even spent most of my years in naija than she did. Unless you are saying its something in their genes which i dont wanna believe undecided
Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by drnoel: 7:12pm On Feb 23, 2013
staicey:

Funny enough, mum never grew up in naija. I even spent most of my years in naija than she did. Unless you are saying its something in their genes which i dont wanna believe undecided
its a mentality and mostly manifests when the said daughter is unmarried and is still under the said mothers roof.
Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by ihedioramma: 8:02pm On Feb 23, 2013
staicey:

Hes living with another woman. I think they're married but he keeps telling me they are not.

As for my mum, she doesnt wanna. Its not a "today's case" (15 years case)
ASK UR MUM ONES MORE IF SHE WANT TO LIVE WITH UR DADDY 4THE LAST TIME. IN THAT CASE BE A GOOD GIRL DONT LET UR MUM TO TELL U ONE WORLD 2TIMES MAKE HER HAPPY THE WAY U LIVE.DONT LET HER TELL U SOME THING BEFOR U DO IT .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

I Become Broke, Frustrated Whenever I Have Sex With My Wife / Divorcee Asks For Wedding Expense Refund To Enable Him Remarry / 'You Are Heartless If You Upload Your Dead Friend Pics To Wish "RIP" - Lady Says

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.