Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,042 members, 7,841,951 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 05:43 PM

Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old (27131 Views)

Woman Carries Her Baby After 23-Years Of Marriage. See Photo / Mum Still Thinks I'm A Virgin / She Slaps Me Anytime We Fight —husband Tells Judge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by erniewhez(m): 5:17am On Feb 26, 2013
Listen OP,am a man,separated frm 1st wife,married a 2nbd with all lids living wit me n 2nd wife.ur mum being in custody of u wants u coming up as a well trained woman probably to make dad appreciate her or to better off ur dads new wife.u being her only child makes it more important to safeguard ur future.I have a gro
Wn kid of 20yrs my first n only boy.I did got so angered slapping him but dts once in probably a year or 2.d qtn is wht do u do to a child u. Love so much and all effort to correct him/her sitting down to talk is like talking folktale,wld u leave her/him to fate or ull feel like hurting to make him feel how unhappy u are dway he's growing.moving to ur dad wld bring u a worse xperience.I hav constant issues woit my 2nd wife while protecting my 1st wife kids frm her irrational actions on them.sit mum dpwn and tell her hw much. U want to be a good girl but not by being slapped n let her see ure making efforts to do ur best. She loves u afterall

1 Like

Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by wirinet(m): 6:03am On Feb 26, 2013
I am very disappointed reading comments from fellow nigerians, especially the youth claiming it is ok or acceptable to be physically abused by parents. It is even more shocking to claim that physically hitting a 23 year old adult is discipline, training and love. Any parents that could not instill discipline on his child by the age of 20 has failed, because permanent character traits have formed by that age.

Physically abusing young adults to me is a sign of mental laziness, psychological disorder and weakness. It just shows someone who is trying to dominate those who seems weak and vulnerable. Such person would not be able to stand up to those in superior positions.

Young adults needs to realize they are adults and leaders of today not tomorrow. At 23, they could be in leadership position leading people their parents age. So it makes no sense for them to cower or tremble before parents or their age group.

What a parent should crave from their children is respect and love, not fear and domination. No wonder the general population take and accept abuse from elders, politicians, religious leaders, etc.

4 Likes

Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by wirinet(m): 6:04am On Feb 26, 2013
Double post
Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by wirinet(m): 6:05am On Feb 26, 2013
Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by Nobody: 6:24am On Feb 26, 2013
Sounds more like fairy tales to me
Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by FXKing2012(m): 6:46am On Feb 26, 2013
abifoluwa: guy, why you they carry person matter for head like this?
Since when is it bad to care for another human being?
Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by FXKing2012(m): 6:47am On Feb 26, 2013
twentycent:

@youngchopper leave FX to advice d young gal ooo else we fit hear say she don beat the over bearing mom to a pulp bt on the other hand
GBAM!!! Abi ooooo....exactly my concern.
Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by Revolva(m): 6:48am On Feb 26, 2013
FXKing2012: Are you the only one she slaps or is that how she slaps people around her? We need to know if she's possessed with the spirit or just trying to show you who's boss. You are a big girl and I see no reason why you should be slapped around even by your mum.

At 23yrs, many of your mates are married and some even with kids. I think you need a boyfriend and/or a job for the slapping to stop. You need to depend less on her for her to respect you more.

On a second thought, maybe she slaps you just because you are a stubborn diva who wears skimpy clothes.

see i have been whipped at that age.so its no big deal.....
Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by Scash(f): 7:00am On Feb 26, 2013
991: next time, as she lifts her palms to slap you, hold her hand, look directly into her eyes and say, 'Don't You Dare!!' believe me fear go catch her. grin
lool.. But seriously dat was exactly what I had to do too. Although I didn't say d don't u dare part, I'll av gotten 5 slaps for that statement. I just held d first hand, she brought d second one, I held it too.. She was like leave my hands.. I just told her camly, I said u shd stop slapping me, I don't like it. My elda broda was around, and maybe cos he felt I was being disrespectful told me to leave her hands. I gave her one long warning stare n dropped her hands

Next thing.. Pash! pash! Two hot slaps grin
But that was the last time sha. D only thing she does is threaten to slap me now sad I tink dats still beta dan choppin d real thin. Although dt wld av to stop too..

1 Like

Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by youngchopper(m): 7:55am On Feb 26, 2013
FXKing2012: Staicey the OP only asked for an advice but you all have succeeded in confusing her instead.
we are watching ur personal interest on this matter!

Nairaland police
Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by youngchopper(m): 7:57am On Feb 26, 2013
KenGali:
What am I stealing? a name?
e tire me ooo. Fx dont u av a galfriend!

Nairaland police
Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by Nobody: 7:59am On Feb 26, 2013
youngchopper: we are watching ur personal interest on this matter!

Nairaland police
cheesy grin
Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by youngchopper(m): 8:02am On Feb 26, 2013
twentycent:

@youngchopper leave FX to advice d young gal ooo else we fit hear say she don beat the over bearing mom to a pulp bt on the other hand @youngchopper long time ooo...how are you doing?
longest tym. Am great. Hw was ur wedding?
Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by youngchopper(m): 8:06am On Feb 26, 2013
FXKing2012:
GBAM!!! Abi ooooo....exactly my concern.
fx fx fx dont allow dat pix to hypnotize u.

Nairaland police
Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by JahMan1: 8:20am On Feb 26, 2013
achina boy:
i guess u are not married yet,because most guys that married so called virgins will tell u that it was a mistake,because s,,e,,x,is something that is so enjoyable when u are with an experienced partner,and thats why most guys i know,,i said most guys i know that are married to virgins,ends up going back to their experienced ex,so my point is don`t advice anybody u know to save their virginity for their husband,i would`t advice my kids to do so even,,,,,,,,personal opinion cool cool cool

You are the most depraved human being I have ever come across in NL?
And who told you a man must have an ex he will always run back to?
Who taught those EX's how to perform very well at the sex-act?
Don't you know the ultimate pleasure is in learning and exploring your bodies together as husband and wife?
Please stop opening your mouth in publish to vomit devilish advice.
It is either you repent or you are in danger of hell fire.

@OP, I am coming back to respond to you after an urgent meeting.
But note that,those telling you what you want to hear,or are planning to do may be misleading you.
Slapping a 23 year old sounds strange,but we have only heard your part of the story.
Stay tuned.......
Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by kandiikane(m): 8:28am On Feb 26, 2013
Lol, just this weekend my mum tried to tackle me to the floor when she tried hitting me and I told her,'You sabi say you nor able me agen, if nor be for God and sin ehn?' She was out of breath by just grabbing my arm lol. grin

I never really take it seriously though and neither does she. She would try to hit me when she feels like "I'm going against her word" but I always duck on time. tongue

She stopped beating me when I was 13. She used her belt on me then and I just sat there without moving and allowed her to lay the licks until she got tired and fed up that I was not reacting to the pain.

I think you should do that, op. If you want her to stop hitting or slapping you, just stand there and let her do it and don't give her any enjoyment from it. They derive pleasure from watching you groan and shout over it. She will stop for sure.

1 Like

Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by dramendra: 8:37am On Feb 26, 2013
DRAMENDRA : I've read this post again and again,n and I relate this querry to ignorance both ways, sorry if this sounds weird, but its the truth, at 23 you and your mum should be like friends, shouting or stopping the slap mid-way like some pople here advise you to me will only trigger more slaps (thank God for two hands), as the only child I two things is involved, you are either spoilt or failling to outgrow puberty.find a way to win your mum, with the peanut you earn, plan an take your mum out, eartery anywhere, at the peak of the fun, bring about the issue, mum don't drive me away by this slapping thing, saying in such a funny way that you and your mum will always laugh wheen ever you do a wrong this, you say something like slap in the making, before you know it, it will now become something she's caution of. @the guys please don't try to be nice thinking you can enchant this poor girl who needs someone to talk to. Am not saying having a boy friend is a crime, but making it known to you mum. My advice.
Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by buoye1(m): 8:45am On Feb 26, 2013
staicey: I no longer find this funny whenever it happens.

Hello? I just clocked 23 some weeks back and only for mum to slap me 2days back because i didnt make her coffee hot enough to her satisfaction. Wtf? angry
My mum loves slapping me around and this annoys me. Not that she doesnt love me because she still buys me stuffs and takes me out and for the fact that am the only issue, well...you know the rest wink but this case of slappings, i dont like. I've told her several times and after moments of apologies tendered from her, she's doing it the next minute sad sad

please, y'all whether singles or married, tell me if this sh-it is normal because am already loosing a hold of myself. I dont like this one bit angry

I might just move in with my dad or sue her!! angry
Stop doing. Things that ll make your mum sl you!!!!!!!!!
Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by cosby07: 8:49am On Feb 26, 2013
My mum slapt me a week after my birthday, young woman U better wake up, there's something wrong with you,there's something u're not telling us about urself, attitude, character, mode of dressing etc, their lots of things wronged about u dat only ur mum can see @ d solution is slap. I ave a sist like u 23 I know what they're up to pls young woman you need to checkmate your intergrity
Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by MadCow1: 8:53am On Feb 26, 2013
At 23?!...

My dear, it doesnt matter wether your attitude stinks or you were at fault. If at 23 she still needs to use a slap as a corrective measure, then I'm sorry, she did not raise you right and she has failed as a mother to you!

When Next she slaps you, pick up a bottle (Sprite) and smash it on her head...

That will send a message to her that will be very clear.

1 Like

Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by Nobody: 9:03am On Feb 26, 2013
erniewhez: Listen OP,am a man,separated frm 1st wife,married a 2nbd with all lids living wit me n 2nd wife.ur mum being in custody of u wants u coming up as a well trained woman probably to make dad appreciate her or to better off ur dads new wife.u being her only child makes it more important to safeguard ur future.I have a gro
Wn kid of 20yrs my first n only boy.I did got so angered slapping him but dts once in probably a year or 2.d qtn is wht do u do to a child u. Love so much and all effort to correct him/her sitting down to talk is like talking folktale,wld u leave her/him to fate or ull feel like hurting to make him feel how unhappy u are dway he's growing.moving to ur dad wld bring u a worse xperience.I hav constant issues woit my 2nd wife while protecting my 1st wife kids frm her irrational actions on them.sit mum dpwn and tell her hw much. U want to be a good girl but not by being slapped n let her see ure making efforts to do ur best. She loves u afterall
If u were probably living on ur own apartment. Will she think of slapping u? Ofcourse No! But, come to think of it, a divorced mum, angry always and lonely, and also with a daughter who dosen't care abt her living wit her dad or in her apartment. How does it sound. She needs u and slapping u dosen't mean she dosen't respect u, yes being independent wil make her not to do so ever again but lets not be myopic always. There must sumtin she needs frm u, mayb she's down emotionally. She's ur mum and u can neva hav anoda one.
If u're looking for a solution, u av one up there in my quote. Sit her down and jst dnt threaten or tel her hw u felt abt slapping u bt also what she wants like "mum what do u want? Ar u ok staying staying like this? Let her knw u'd b there 4 her always. Dats d only way of playing maturity nt sueing or acting fiercely.
Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by amakanma: 9:08am On Feb 26, 2013
sweet heart at 23 you should be planning to get married . what do you normally offend your mum with to warrant constant slap. think and ammend your ways but i need your phone number cos we have to talk. woman to woman.
Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by Isiterere(m): 9:16am On Feb 26, 2013
Been the last born of the family dat I am. I was raised by my Eldest sister. I was in your shoes at age 18,she raised her hand for d first time to slap me. I don't know where the courage comes from; I looked up and seized her hand,held on to it and dragged her to the sitting(though holding her hand was not hurtful to her cos I held it with force but careful) I sat her down and said 'getting physical with me will not solve any problem but can only aggravate my anger'. She was surprised and said where did I get such confidence from. I let go off her hand and said am 18years now. She asked for forgiveness and I did the same. That simple act of mine stopped her from been physical wit me and her biological children. Getting physical with your mum is not going to solve this issue.(Try judge-the -war rather than war-war). From your post u did not ascertained the reasons for her action(though slap should not be used to correct your mistake) Sit her down, talk to her maturely; threatening her also will not work as well,your mum's love for you can't be compared. If you decide to move to your dad's house,can you predict how your dad wife will treat you. Correcting your mum's action is more rewarding for you cos its going to be an everlasting joy.
Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by abifoluwa: 9:17am On Feb 26, 2013
amakanma: sweet heart at 23 you should be planning to get married . what do you normally offend your mum with to warrant constant slap. think and ammend your ways but i need your phone number cos we have to talk. woman to woman.
i laugh
Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by chichi254: 9:22am On Feb 26, 2013
achina boy:
i guess u are not married yet,because most guys that married so called virgins will tell u that it was a mistake,because s,,e,,x,is something that is so enjoyable when u are with an experienced partner,and thats why most guys i know,,i said most guys i know that are married to virgins,ends up going back to their experienced ex,so my point is don`t advice anybody u know to save their virginity for their husband,i would`t advice my kids to do so even,,,,,,,,personal opinion cool cool cool
Achina boy, since when did pre-marital sex becom a virtue? It hurts me 2 hear/see people like u whose ulterior motive is 2 lure peopl into sexual immorality in d name of advice. The so called professionals u talked about, were they not once virgins b4 they met people like u who brainwashed them into losing it? U don't even deserve 2 marry a virgin so don't worry urself about d possibility of not enjoyin sex wit them. Concernin what u will advise ur children, if i were God, i won't give u any since u desire is 2 lead them astray. Anyway, i would advise that u stop deceivin innocent souls becos i beliv that deep inside u, u knw d truth.
Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by Nobody: 9:30am On Feb 26, 2013
U need bought a temporary solution and a permanent solution. The permanent solution is to begin to start making understand that once you're thru with ur school and service that you will leave her house and to start making preparations to do so. That is bound to knock her into reality that one day you will be gone. The temporary solution is to resist it when she attempts to slap you next. I didn't say you should slap your mother oooo!!! Maybe just hold her hand and look her straight in the eyes.

Many Nigerians are overly dependent on their parents. The bad economy is to be blamed. As long as you're leaving with someone and the person pays the rent no matter how old you are the person HAS THE RIGHT to make the rules. You also have the right to leave when you can't take it anymore but she's still fending for you so you have to be patient and take whatever comes to you.

1 Like

Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by ipswitch: 9:36am On Feb 26, 2013
so slapping @ this age is the solution to lifes probs? She has no right. Better make good your threat and make urself a bit independent, like going for holiday job sometimes. Some folks are too fast with their hands,they strike their kids, partners, or anyone @ anytime. bad habit. How do u profess love to the one you slap around all the time?
Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by andyanders: 10:05am On Feb 26, 2013
I think your mother is getting wrong here by slapping you cus you are already an adult and two, people encouraging you here to get a bo friend is not helping you at all as that may end up destroying your destiny.

Seat your mum down either by waking her up in the midnight or very early i the morning and tell her your mind that when next she does that, you might end up walking out on her and maybe going to end up moving in with your dad or absconding from home.
Please note that you should only have this at the back of your mind that you should not move in with your Dad or absconding from home to know if that could make her stop doing what she doing by slapping you. It is not a normal thing per say, but I think it could be something spiritual pushing her to do that since you equally see her to be remorseful after the act.
Now, try those options and please, do not go away from her and do not engage yourself with any boyfriend thing but face your studies and try committing this action of your mum in prayers. It could be as a result of the separation she has with your dad.
Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by FXKing2012(m): 10:22am On Feb 26, 2013
youngchopper: e tire me ooo. Fx dont u av a galfriend!

Nairaland police
If you should see my girl then you'll definitely change your tone...she's even a member of this forum.

Nairaland SSS.
Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by Nobody: 10:38am On Feb 26, 2013
Hi everyone!

And thanks y'al for the wonderful suggestions. Mum is out for work outside. Am thinking of trying out greatgod's advice and some other's when she returns but definitely not breaking her head. Lol! Thanks again y'al

1 Like

Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by salt1: 10:39am On Feb 26, 2013
At 90, my grandma was still slapping my 70year old mom and calling her a naughty child. She also covered my mouth with a slap once.
Now that she's gone, we remember her with so much tenderness and love; the odd slaps notwithstanding, she was a very likeable person.
Tough love! But you won't have her forever! Go, girl, tell Mom you love her soooooo much and even tho you resent the slap, you know she loves you enough to care about how you behave and you'll always be there for her.
Believe me, if she dies tomorrow and you're going thro this your thread, you'll be ashamed Of your reaction and wish she was around: even to slap you.
Nobody, not even your dad who's moved on with another woman, loves you like this your emotionally needy Mom.
You're ALL she has and she's the only person that truly loves you

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Divorcee Asks For Wedding Expense Refund To Enable Him Remarry / 'You Are Heartless If You Upload Your Dead Friend Pics To Wish "RIP" - Lady Says / She Wants To Turn To A Moslem.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.