Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,837 members, 7,838,002 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 01:44 PM

Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old (27116 Views)

Woman Carries Her Baby After 23-Years Of Marriage. See Photo / Mum Still Thinks I'm A Virgin / She Slaps Me Anytime We Fight —husband Tells Judge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by papydan(m): 9:58pm On Feb 25, 2013
FXKing2012:
Why is having a boyfriend always related or linked to hav.ing s-e-x? That thinking is really myopic.
..if she get bfrd wetin dem go come dey do,if sex no join?abeg ,u want bfrd ready 4 sex,u no want sex leave bfrd alone.
Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by chikeorji123(m): 9:58pm On Feb 25, 2013
staicey:

WOW!!! I hate to think she would be transferring aggressions. I wasnt even anywhere near them while they were at it. And she keeps telling my dad he would never have me to himself. Did she now keep me so that she would now hate on me the way she hates on my dad? But why? I didnt tell them to separate neither was i the cause of their separation. I know she hates nmy dad that i always hide sometimes in the closet just to answer his calls whenever he calls. It is a sad situation, i know. But i still know she loves me because she never jokes with making me happy whenever it calls for. I have never had the kinda birthday celebration i had this year all my life. Thanks to her... But, slapping me few weeks after my birthday? I dont know what to call that, honestly.

Your mother is suffering what l call the 'spirit of slapness'..u need to pray & fast or meet a geniune pastor to assist you..God will see u through..
Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by majekleo(m): 10:10pm On Feb 25, 2013
My dear no hardware is beyond a manual re-set. So aslo you. The fact that she dosent slap you un-necessarily goes to show she really loves you. One day, u wld looK back and smile, then u wld be so proud of ur mum for bringing u up in the best way.

1 Like

Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by papydan(m): 10:13pm On Feb 25, 2013
staicey: I no longer find this funny whenever it happens.

Hello? I just clocked 23 some weeks back and only for mum to slap me 2days back because i didnt make her coffee hot enough to her satisfaction. Wtf? angry
My mum loves slapping me around and this annoys me. Not that she doesnt love me because she still buys me stuffs and takes me out and for the fact that am the only issue, well...you know the rest wink but this case of slappings, i dont like. I've told her several times and after moments of apologies tendered from her, she's doing it the next minute sad sad

please, y'all whether singles or married, tell me if this sh-it is normal because am already loosing a hold of myself. I dont like this one bit angry

I might just move in with my dad or sue her!! angry
.i dont support ur mum hitting at dis age oh bt u r d cause,4 doing wrong thing at home.if u do things right ur mumsy no go dey deaf u always.ur dad place dat u wan go,if she no get anoda wife u fit go,bt if she get,just stay wit ur mumsy & remain loyal till wen u r making ur money.

1 Like

Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by youngchopper(m): 10:13pm On Feb 25, 2013
bedford101: guy u de observe too? i tink say na only me o, i ba for this fx guy o, the guy de follow up the thread seriously o
.nairaland police
Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by Nobody: 10:27pm On Feb 25, 2013
@ Poster

Have you ever asked her why she slaps you?

Do these slaps come regularly or for a reason?
Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by emiye(m): 10:33pm On Feb 25, 2013
Trust me, She is transferring the aggression of the hate for your dad to you subconsciously !

She is so much in love with keeping you to herself to spite your dad, explaining the overflowing showers of love you get from her.

Cold treatment for days from you to her for days in the event of a repeat of such incidence, and subsequent ones should be a temporary move (one week) to your dads place. Only you should know it is a temporary move.
Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by MicroBox: 10:37pm On Feb 25, 2013
whenever she raise her brow take a two step back possibly beyond her arms lenght and walk straight to your room.
Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by Dudugirl01(f): 10:42pm On Feb 25, 2013
Well, I'm both a mom and a daughter and from the latter angle, I know it really sucks when you think you're all grown only to have mom burst ur bubble! Lol! On a more serious note, to your mom, you're still her little one, the same one she brought up, I bet all by herself! Try ironing things oout politely with her, no rudeness, no rasised voices, she's ur mom please,not ur elder sister, don't move in with ur dad, I tell u, ur stepmom won't be happy having you. Just get someone whom you know your mom respects to talk to her and pour out your heart to, and pray, there's nothing prayers can't don God bless you

2 Likes

Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by iyodoolubukola: 10:49pm On Feb 25, 2013
Follow this advice and your life will never remain the same,wait for the next slap,then immediately,you will go into your room and pack your clothes to your dad's place,you need determination to do this even if she goes on her knees to beg.Getting to your dad's place,you wait for her call,and then make sure you do not return until she writes an apology letter and a binding document with signature.Your dad's place can never be like your mum's place,have that @ the back of your mind. When u return,you need to devout your time to other things like reading etc,that will remind her that you need changes for real.

1 Like

Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by Wadynatural(f): 10:52pm On Feb 25, 2013
staicey:

WOW!!! I hate to think she would be transferring aggressions. I wasnt even anywhere near them while they were at it. And she keeps telling my dad he would never have me to himself. Did she now keep me so that she would now hate on me the way she hates on my dad? But why? I didnt tell them to separate neither was i the cause of their separation. I know she hates nmy dad that i always hide sometimes in the closet just to answer his calls whenever he calls. It is a sad situation, i know. But i still know she loves me because she never jokes with making me happy whenever it calls for. I have never had the kinda birthday celebration i had this year all my life. Thanks to her... But, slapping me few weeks after my birthday? I dont know what to call that, honestly.
Dats y u shud go soft wit her,wake up at night,go inside her room n tell her how u feel wen ever she slap u. And make sure u dont ask in a rude manner but try to be polite. God will see u through.
Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by engrfcuksmtin(m): 10:55pm On Feb 25, 2013
Go and marry!!!!

Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by graciella(f): 10:55pm On Feb 25, 2013
Boyfriend issue might nt help you. Maybe she slaps you because you remind her of DAD
staicey:

Yes!! Yes!! Its just me.
Forgot to add that part. Well, am the only child so i guess there none other to slap. But i know she's this mild person in her office and people around her seem to love her alot but me, sometimes i just hate her. I've threatened her with moving in with dad but each time i do that, she's always remorseful. I might just do it without her knowing, thats all.

For the other part, I have a job already but not too a strong one that keeps me away from home always (a part-time one) plus i earn peanuts for now and that still makes me rely on mum, plus am still a student and she does all the fees, have got no option. As for the boyfriend issue, do you really think having a boyfriend will make her stop slapping me?? Do you? If yeah, how?
Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by FXKing2012(m): 10:57pm On Feb 25, 2013
Staicey the OP only asked for an advice but you all have succeeded in confusing her instead.
Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by InHim4Him(m): 11:00pm On Feb 25, 2013
She loves you, you admit. She hates your father, such that you hide to answer his calls. Her coffee was not hot enough, why? Any distractions in your life, threatens her. And the answer is to convince herself you are still present, that explains the slaps. So, you got work to do on yourself. If you move over to your daddy's, you will compound the situation the more. Your mum will feel betrayed. Your daddy's wife will feel threatened and this will negatively affect your daddy. You might also expose yourself to something more than slaps from your daddy's wife. If you raise your hands up against your mum as some have counselled, you will spoil your case more because you will lose God's protection and support because you will be violating 'the first commandment with a promise'. Work on yourself. Eliminate distractions and absentmindedness and you would have worked a miracle. You need to grow up first, then She will not remember to slap you again.

1 Like

Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by Nobody: 11:04pm On Feb 25, 2013
staicey:

Try being fierce? undecided Uhmm.. I can remember the last time i tried shouting at her angrily, all she did was just go into her room and locked the door. She refused talking to me for days, all she would do then was just serve food, take hers and leave me to notice that food was ready. I wasnt enjoying the lifestyle one bit. How can i be living with my own mum and not talking to her in the same house? Its sad

And going to dad's, well... i really love to go but still checking the outcomes if i do. Since he's married to another woman, people tell me its not a good advice going over there but i just wanna...and damn the consequences else, i might end up sueing my own mother.

Hello Stacey or rather Anastasia: one of my favourite female names.

Ok the solution to your problem lies in the stuff you reported above. Your mother is a bit forward and aggressive. People like that do not understand force, force is only a challenge to be overcome to them. Also they are a bit reflexive and may not give in to soft words either. The solution lies in what your mum did when you gave her a force. That is what in her mind she considers strongly communicative. You are no different either cause she got you quite right, yet you could not decipher.

So when next she decides to give you force by slapping you, give her the same treatment. Two weeks of only nodding when ever she talks, use yes and no answers with her. Sulking all the time in her presence. Not touching her food(make sure you have money for food and still collect your allowance from her). Make sure you do not disobey her during the period. Your actions are not to declare independence but disappointment and annoyance. She might try to beat the sulk out out you like my mum. Just sulk some more. Of course she will not change immediately, but with three or four times, you will condition her to think of the prospect of having a house enemy for two weeks whenever she slaps you. This is emotional blackmail, learn to use it. Your mum uses it, so she most likely responds to it. But all in all your mum is likely a nice, straight talking but determined character. Very strong and independent too, but not when you take her to task on who she loves. Make sure she does not read my post o!lol or tell someone else what you are upto, else the blackmail will not work if she knows your intention.

Please do not try to face her with force, cause she will never back down from a challenge, learn her ways.

1 Like

Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by Scarpon(m): 11:06pm On Feb 25, 2013
well I use to be on that shit till I got a good money making job.just stay calm since u are still in school it's just a while and u will get over it
Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by FXKing2012(m): 11:08pm On Feb 25, 2013
KenGali:

Hello Stacey or rather Anastasia: one of my favourite female names.
ole...
Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by Nobody: 11:11pm On Feb 25, 2013
FXKing2012:
ole...
What am I stealing? a name?
Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by abifoluwa: 11:30pm On Feb 25, 2013
FXKing2012:
ole...
guy, why you they carry person matter for head like this?

2 Likes

Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by Nobody: 11:44pm On Feb 25, 2013
[b]I have read so many advice from the beginning to the end.I really feel for the OP.I was once caught up in this same situation way back.For those advicing her to seat down and talk with the mum that i don't really agree if the OP's mum is like mine that won't work.Infact you will get another slap from that.My mum once slapped his younger brother married though then not with kids and the dude is a rich chap.Mumsy nor send that one.Its a spontaneous action that she can't even explain.Mine continued until i finished my NYSC and was searching for job.I got really frustrated then i was 24.My Dad did'nt help matters cause he felt we needed strong hands.Out of frustration i had to relocate to Abuja where i had nobody butimmediately i made that move things turn around for good.I regained serious respect from her.Infact she started consulting me before she does somethings and even tells me to advice my elder brothers in some certain issues.God later heard my prayers i now travelled outside the country this now boosted my rep.My own advice is that the OP should try the one week threat by packing out but make sure its temporary.when she calls you then simply tell her you need sometime to think and she should promise you that she will never do such again and make sure you behave matured cause your childishness or misbehaviour might be the end product of the occasional slap.You should not also rule out the psychological impact of your mums seperation.Wish you goodluck[/b]

2 Likes

Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by allout: 11:46pm On Feb 25, 2013
abifoluwa: guy, why you they carry person matter for head like this?

Buahahahahah, I nor fit laff! Check op's profile pic. . . The reason's there! grin
Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by Jaybee3D(m): 12:12am On Feb 26, 2013
Yur case is a case of common sense. First of all, (go down low) cheesy y wld u make a warm coffee?. Secondly, since u've told her several times and she does it again, y nt hit her bk? Mumu like u. Does it mean u can get to talk things with yur mum without advice 4rm ppl? Y then is she yur mum? I'm sure everytime she slaps u, u'r always the cause cos no mum wld do such to her only child if the child isn't naughty. So, my candid advice to u is dat when nxt she repeats it, sue her or kill her cos u are the only person on planet earth dat gets slapped @ 23yrs. undecided
Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by mosquitoNet(m): 12:16am On Feb 26, 2013
Omo this story long oh! @OP can you start again from here please! smileywink
Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by GamblinQueen: 12:43am On Feb 26, 2013
staicey: I no longer find this funny whenever it happens.

Hello? I just clocked 23 some weeks back and only for mum to slap me 2days back because i didnt make her coffee hot enough to her satisfaction. Wtf? angry
My mum loves slapping me around and this annoys me. Not that she doesnt love me because she still buys me stuffs and takes me out and for the fact that am the only issue, well...you know the rest wink but this case of slappings, i dont like. I've told her several times and after moments of apologies tendered from her, she's doing it the next minute sad sad

please, y'all whether singles or married, tell me if this sh-it is normal because am already loosing a hold of myself. I dont like this one bit angry

I might just move in with my dad or sue her!! angry

You are a grown frickin woman.
It's time for you to put your money together and get into your own place.
I don't know what life is like for you where you live, but here in the states that is unacceptable.
There are a lot of parents that play on their children's affection to justify abuse.
I have a 23 year old who is very independent and is supported by her dad and myself.
She has 3 children and just purchased her own home.
I give her and her peers the respect due them as young adults.
As far as I know, all you're asking for is the respect owed to a young adult.
But you must remember, her house, her rules.
It's only when you get tired of where you are, you will change where you are.
If you have no children, then I would advise you to work your butt off, save your money, and get under your own roof.
It's easy for me to say, because I am not in your position. But I know what you are going through. I will not lie to you and say it will be easy or fun.
It's going to be scary and lonely at times. But the idea of coming home and relaxing in your own space without the grief of someone going off on you is indescribeable.
You can continue to love your mom from a distance and you can continue to love her living under your own roof.
Sounds like there is a lot of anger going on and that is something that will probably have to be dealt with on a professional level.
But remember, you owe her respect as your parent, but you don't have to hang around to be disrespected.
Pray and ask GOD for direction.
Will keep you in my prayers and looking forward to hearing how things are going for you.
Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by GamblinQueen: 12:51am On Feb 26, 2013
staicey: Wow! Wish upping my income was within my power sad
But its not, as it stands, i'll just have to keep depending on her 'cos am not done with schooling. I think moving out should be a better option, but her remorefulness..?? damn! shes good at it. She tries to stop me and when i even think of the fact that my dad's into another marriage, i just stay back sadly. In total, my parental life is just a sad one sad sad

Yeah, for the boys, i prefer staying out on that one because i cant guarantee that one thing

Based on what you are saying, your mom reminds me of an abusine man.
They beat the crap out of a woman then go through the motions of remorse.
Fu*k all that!!!
While she's being remorseful, you need to remember how you felt when she was slapping the crap out of you.
Hell, even dogs are cute and cuddly until they bite you. lol

It is only when YOU get tired, then YOU will make changes.
Stay focused on your goals. Don't look to the left. Don't look to the right.
Plow your rows.
Plant your seeds.
Grow your dream.
Reap your harvest of YOUR hard work and diligence.

1 Like

Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by twentycent(m): 12:57am On Feb 26, 2013
youngchopper: fx the way u carry dix gal mata 4 head ehhh!

@youngchopper leave FX to advice d young gal ooo else we fit hear say she don beat the over bearing mom to a pulp bt on the other hand @youngchopper long time ooo...how are you doing?
Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by redsun(m): 1:30am On Feb 26, 2013
Mummy's baby at 23. That is how nigerian youngs are subdued mentally and psychologically and they end up as jelly fish
(wobbly)adults that can't see the horrors in animals like obj,just because they are "elderly"
Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by YorubaOmoge: 1:42am On Feb 26, 2013
redsun: Mummy's baby at 23. That is how nigerian youngs are subdued mentally and psychologically and they end up as jelly fish
(wobbly)adults that can't see the horrors in animals like obj,just because they are "elderly"

GBAMMMMMMMM!!!!

That's why we can't go past the "adults" on the success ladder
Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by Pque(m): 1:46am On Feb 26, 2013
@staicy, I'am 2 years older dan u are nd blive me I have experienced a situatin worst than u have. My is intentional total wickedness 4rm my father 2 me. Nothing I do can ever please him. I already noted dat 2 d extent dat I knew dat if I do bad which is very very rare or good which is usual nd regular, I am expecting a blame. I never disobey him anyway nd am careful 2 obey all is instructns nd carry dem out nd yet It is alway a song of blame 4 me. dat I knew nd noted. Finance was never my problem because He gives me all I request 4 bt u have 2 ask 4 it even though it is 5 naira. He never give u on his own wil. My father don't have problem giving out money wen u ask. He gives me money nd show me hel. He gives me an indirect impression dat I have 2 work 4 wotever money he gives me nd so he send me to do all kinds of jobs. Unnecessary sweeping, washing, cleaning nd send me al kinds of odd errands nd guess wot after dis, I am already expecting 2 b blame 4 nothing by him. As a result I hate 2 go 2 him 4 cash except wen necesary. He don't assault me physically bt he rains all sort of abuse on me using strong offensive nd vice words. @staicy imagine ur mum telling u "it is better 4 me nt to have given birth to u at all dan 4 me to have you as a child". Those are d kind of words I usually take nd yet I maintained my peace nd patient tru out d years. What kept me going, it is d Jesus in my life nd d love I stil have 4 him nd faith dat he wil change one day as he was nt like dat b4 bt he suddenly change to b what he is, specifically in d year 2007. I have been tru d worst in d relationship wit him, when I say worst, I mean worst form of abusive word dat a son can receive 4rm a father. It was very serious!
Insult it is a miracle dat am stil in my house healthy nd kinky because am nt suppose 2 b at home by now. I should b in d prison or a fugitive because normally I would have acted rashly in time past nd in d least 2 b fair, I should b out of my house bt I stay. Today I am strong nd better dan my weak self nd my family is stil standing. ""what God has joined together let no one put assunder". I should nt say wot I have done nd d misery I passed tru nd yet, here I am. 2 God be d glory.

While was my dad behaving this way? He took a second woman in '03, this woman became jealous of me nd see me as a treat to her in al ways. 4 her 2 get back at me nd my mum, she turned my father against me nd dat was d beginning of my opression from a strange spirit. All dat my dad was doing was nt nt by my dad bt by d spirit dat controls him. That was d story of my opression 4rm a strange spirit. Guys get d picture it was nt easy bt a nobody like me walked tru dat path. It was just God.

D same father dat opreses me, filled wit fury nd anger is now d same man dat is calm nd gentle nd wiling 2 listen. Dis new changes sudenly began to take place in him towards d beginning of 2012. I'am stil expecting better life in him because I know d father I have b4 '07. D BEST FATHER IN D WORLD. A man dat is willing 2 make sacrifice 4 u to have d best. 2day dat woman has no place in my father because God exposed her in d open. My dad is stil afraid of her nd her pple nd so don't want 2 send her away using his mouth. She has her apartment though, bt God wil do it in a more disgraceful way if she don't stop her fetish way.

@staicy, Beliv me, ur mother loves u nd she shows it. She buy stuff 4 u witout u requesting. Don't leave her. She luvs u bt something is simply wrong. It is dat wrong thing dat u need 2 fix back
@staicy dis is my questn 2 u.
@what time did d slapping begin. Was it an all time thing, i.e. Something happening 2 u since u know ur mother, 4rm ur child hood? or dat it started at a particular & specific time of ur staying wit ur mum.
Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by redsun(m): 1:57am On Feb 26, 2013
Yoruba_Omoge:

GBAMMMMMMMM!!!!

That's why we can't go past the "adults" on the success ladder

Yeah,they they are always right,even though they know fckall.
Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by mekaboy(m): 2:00am On Feb 26, 2013
staicey:

I love her so much!! And that was why i chose staying with her over staying with my dad. She does love me too and i know.. But what i dont get is why she always slap me. Does slapping show that you really love your child?? Make me understand please, this stuff is driving me nuts..plus that was the main reason i joined this forum. Since some real people (people i see everyday cannot help out), i figured out online peeps can.

I THINK I SUPPORT YOUR MOTHER 100%, SHE IS SLAPPING YOU INTO YOUR DESTINY. NOW LETS LOOK AT IT THIS WAY, IF YOU MOTHER WAS NOT SLAPPING YOU, YOU WONT BE ON THIS FORUM, SO SHE SLAPPED U INTO THIS FORUM, WHICH IS A STEP IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION.

I THINK IF SHE KEEPS SLAPPING YOU, YOU WILL END UP SUCCESSFUL IN LIFE, U NEED MORE SLAPS IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION. grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Who Owns Me? / I Become Broke, Frustrated Whenever I Have Sex With My Wife / Divorcee Asks For Wedding Expense Refund To Enable Him Remarry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.