Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,265 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:39 AM

GEJ For 2015, Your Opinion...? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GEJ For 2015, Your Opinion...? (1336 Views)

What Percent Performance Will You Give GEJ For 2012? / Who Is Capable Of Leading Nigeria Now?: Your Opinion / I Want To Thank GEJ For Bringing Facebook To Nigeria' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

GEJ For 2015, Your Opinion...? by Tadeus(m): 12:07pm On Feb 24, 2013
Nigerians decide. Has 2015 Election is approaching, will you vote for GEJ in 2015 Election..?

Despite all the good work GEJ has embarked on after the 2011 Election, many Nigerian critise his government for instability, insecurity and corruption which has bring set back in Nigerian economy.

Personally, I belived and stand on my point since GEJ emerged has Nigeria President "its too early for someone from Niger Delta to Rule Nigeria" Politically, the issue of insecurity, instability and corruption that arise since GEJ emerged has Nigerian President was majorly caused by Northerners. The sudden emegerncy of Boko Harram is to brings instability in GEJ regime by Northerners. The issues of everyday carting away of public funds by top government officials are another successfull pranks by Notherners.

My question is so simple, do we have competent candidate coming from North..?

Loking forwards to a day we will have one Nigeria.
Re: GEJ For 2015, Your Opinion...? by Nobody: 12:41pm On Feb 24, 2013
When Yar'adua was President MEND was the problem

NOW GEJ is President and Boko Haram is the problem

We just need a strong leader no matter where he comes from.

And yes GEJ is a weak leader and should not win the next election. Thats not because he is a Niger-Deltan but just because he has no clue what he is doing.
Re: GEJ For 2015, Your Opinion...? by solopumpy227: 1:39pm On Feb 24, 2013
Tadeus: Nigerians decide. Has 2015 Election is approaching, will you vote for GEJ in 2015 Election..?

Despite all the good work GEJ has embarked on after the 2011 Election, many Nigerian critise his government for instability, insecurity and corruption which has bring set back in Nigerian economy.

Personally, I belived and stand on my point since GEJ emerged has Nigeria President "its too early for someone from Niger Delta to Rule Nigeria" Politically, the issue of insecurity, instability and corruption that arise since GEJ emerged has Nigerian President was majorly caused by Northerners. The sudden emegerncy of Boko Harram is to brings instability in GEJ regime by Northerners. The issues of everyday carting away of public funds by top government officials are another successfull pranks by Notherners.

Loking forwards to a day we will have one Nigeria.

Do you know something we dont know? What good works are you talking about?. I have been trying to follow a thread, purportedly, opened by insecere9gerian to showcase GEJ's achievements but I am yet to be dissapointed about my belief that GEJ lacks all it takes to be a fruitful leader. I have seen genuine and deliberate effort for development in Lagos, Rivers, Akwa-Ibom to mention a few-these are evidenced by various verifiable pictures/videos posted by lackeys/fans of these government but I have not seen any heart-warming evidence of any project started and completed by GEJ at Aso-Rock or even back then in Yenagoa.

However, I totally agree with you that there seem to be deliberate efforts at sabotaging GEJ' government by some Northern elements but that is not an excuse for the President to continue failing in deligently discharging his duties. In a bunch of Banana there will always be a bad one and with over 150 million people to lead a good leader must be ready to celebrate merits, purnish offenders,uphold justice and equity. Jonathan found it easy to shift burden of subsidy on already impoverished Nigerians when all evidence showed people were being paid for services they were not rendering. He even sent soldiers to trample them and allowed the rich to get richer at detriment of the poor masses. He budgetted billions for food while he has the record of having largest entourages to many global events while people are dying of basic needs of life. Ezekwezile has thrown his government a challenge they still cant find a convincing reply to. His government is being used as a case study for 'suffering in the midst of plenty' by the world super-powers. He lies and if there is anything consistent about him its the fact that he is inconsistent. Tell me how is GEJ' profligacy, inhumane treatment of the downtrodden and absolute lack of direction the fault of the North? Do they have a remote controller to his brain?

On the new level of corruption being institutionalised by GEJ/PDP how can you possibly blame it on someone else? We entrusted GEJ with our mandate and our wellbeing. He has the powers to hire resourceful aids and fire corrupt/unproductive ones. GEJ government is planning an Abuja city gate with N7B, a women bla bla center with tens of Billion Naira,and eating with billions of naira. Was he forced to conceive all these waste by the North when millions cannot afford 3 square meals? Maina illegally kept N32B of aged people to serve personal gains and did not arouse any for of indignation from GEJ but he 'aided' him to walk.

My brother most people are less concerned about where the President is coming from,we just need hope for good roads,constant power-supply, reliable medical centres but GEJ inclinations negate everything any rational Nigerian could dream of.

4 Likes

Re: GEJ For 2015, Your Opinion...? by segunjowo(m): 2:02pm On Feb 24, 2013
GEJ for 2015 is a baaaad idea. Whoever is planning on campaigning for the dude should have a rethink. We can't afford to be lead any longer than his present tenure. He is a bad thing to have happened in Nigeria history of leadership.
I didn't vote for him in the last election because I didn't believe in him or his style of leadership. I can never vote for him in this lifetime.
Re: GEJ For 2015, Your Opinion...? by Nobody: 4:30pm On Feb 24, 2013
Tadeus: Nigerians decide. Has 2015 Election is approaching, will you vote for GEJ in 2015 Election..?

Loking forwards to a day we will have FEWER NUMBER OF MORONS AND BIGOTS LIKE ME.

Fixed.
Re: GEJ For 2015, Your Opinion...? by Tadeus(m): 4:34pm On Feb 24, 2013
GEJ for 2015 is a baaaad idea. Whoever is planning on campaigning for the dude should have a rethink. We can't afford to be lead any longer than his present tenure. He is a bad thing to have happened in Nigeria history of leadership.
I didn't vote for him in the last election because I didn't believe in him or his style of leadership. I can never vote for him in this lifetime

Am not campaigning for GEJ. We are here to hear people's opinion about GEJ govt and others related issues.
Re: GEJ For 2015, Your Opinion...? by Reptyle(m): 10:26pm On Feb 24, 2013
I did not vote for GEJ during the last elections because I did not think then that he had the capacity to champion the radical change we require as a country. Sadly, with the coming elections, my opinion of him has not changed. Consequently, as it stands now, Mr. Jonathan will not be getting my vote in the next elections. But then again, 2015 is still a while away...perhaps there will be moves to redeem himself before then. I pray he pulls a "super eagle" on us all.
Re: GEJ For 2015, Your Opinion...? by Nobody: 10:31pm On Feb 24, 2013
GEJ for 2015? Non-negotiable. That's my opinion.
Re: GEJ For 2015, Your Opinion...? by Kewt: 11:04pm On Feb 24, 2013
solopumpy227:

Do you know something we dont know? What good works are you talking about?. I have been trying to follow a thread, purportedly, opened by insecere9gerian to showcase GEJ's achievements but I am yet to be dissapointed about my belief that GEJ lacks all it takes to be a fruitful leader. I have seen genuine and deliberate effort for development in Lagos, Rivers, Akwa-Ibom to mention a few-these are evidenced by various verifiable pictures/videos posted by lackeys/fans of these government but I have not seen any heart-warming evidence of any project started and completed by GEJ at Aso-Rock or even back then in Yenagoa.

However, I totally agree with you that there seem to be deliberate efforts at sabotaging GEJ' government by some Northern elements but that is not an excuse for the President to continue failing in deligently discharging his duties. In a bunch of Banana there will always be a bad one and with over 150 million people to lead a good leader must be ready to celebrate merits, purnish offenders,uphold justice and equity. Jonathan found it easy to shift burden of subsidy on already impoverished Nigerians when all evidence showed people were being paid for services they were not rendering. He even sent soldiers to trample them and allowed the rich to get richer at detriment of the poor masses. He budgetted billions for food while he has the record of having largest entourages to many global events while people are dying of basic needs of life. Ezekwezile has thrown his government a challenge they still cant find a convincing reply to. His government is being used as a case study for 'suffering in the midst of plenty' by the world super-powers. He lies and if there is anything consistent about him its the fact that he is inconsistent. Tell me how is GEJ' profligacy, inhumane treatment of the downtrodden and absolute lack of direction the fault of the North? Do they have a remote controller to his brain?

On the new level of corruption being institutionalised by GEJ/PDP how can you possibly blame it on someone else? We entrusted GEJ with our mandate and our wellbeing. He has the powers to hire resourceful aids and fire corrupt/unproductive ones. GEJ government is planning an Abuja city gate with N7B, a women bla bla center with tens of Billion Naira,and eating with billions of naira. Was he forced to conceive all these waste by the North when millions cannot afford 3 square meals? Maina illegally kept N32B of aged people to serve personal gains and did not arouse any for of indignation from GEJ but he 'aided' him to walk.

My brother most people are less concerned about where the President is coming from,we just need hope for good roads,constant power-supply, reliable medical centres but GEJ inclinations negate everything any rational Nigerian could dream of.

Well said.
Re: GEJ For 2015, Your Opinion...? by takedat(m): 11:10pm On Feb 24, 2013
.....XYZ
Re: GEJ For 2015, Your Opinion...? by Mandelaguy(m): 11:10pm On Feb 24, 2013
The hottest topic in Africa, GEJ! You people cannot rest because you are in love with this man grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: GEJ For 2015, Your Opinion...? by Tadeus(m): 12:35pm On Feb 25, 2013
The hottest topic in Africa, GEJ! You people cannot rest because you are in love with this man
(

You are right. Its the hottest topic simply because 2015 election is near. Time for Nigerians to decide.
Re: GEJ For 2015, Your Opinion...? by Nobody: 1:04pm On Feb 25, 2013
Bad idea.

The most divisive President in the history of Nigeria...

We can't continue on this GEJ path...it can be disastrous.
Re: GEJ For 2015, Your Opinion...? by Tadeus(m): 2:16pm On Feb 25, 2013
Bad idea.

The most divisive President in the history of Nigeria...

We can't continue on this GEJ path...it can be disastrous.

I totally disagree with you. GEJ can not be tagged "the most divisive President in the history of Nigeria"

Most of Nigerians are getting it wrong. The issue of Boko harram alone is enough to slow GEJ good governance down.
Re: GEJ For 2015, Your Opinion...? by jaso1(m): 2:29pm On Feb 25, 2013
Tadeus:

I totally disagree with you. GEJ can not be tagged "the most divisive President in the history of Nigeria"

Most of Nigerians are getting it wrong. The issue of Boko harram alone is enough to slow GEJ good governance down.

It's that same Boko haram that dried our foreign reserve.
It's Boko haram that escaped mina (pension 419)
It is same Boko haram that trash Ribadu report on subsidy scam.
It is same Boko haram that couldn’t allow Jona to remove subsidy when there is no prove of its existence.
It is same Boko that increase feeding allowance of the president with that huge amount of money.
It is Boko haram that propose N4b office for the wife of president when poverty has almost eat up the poor in the Land.
What a stupid country and dummy citizens!
Re: GEJ For 2015, Your Opinion...? by Nobody: 3:08pm On Feb 25, 2013
Tadeus:

How can MOST NIGERIANS be getting it wrong? So who are the few Nigerians that are getting it right? GEJ and his treasury depleting gang members?

Those MOST NIGERIANS will surely boot him out come 2015..
Re: GEJ For 2015, Your Opinion...? by jaso1(m): 3:18pm On Feb 25, 2013
He would emerge if he succesfuly built N4B office scam for his wife.
Re: GEJ For 2015, Your Opinion...? by Nuzo1(m): 3:45pm On Feb 25, 2013
Most Nigerians didn't vote for GEJ because they thought he was the saviour. NO!
They voted for him cause his oponents played the religious and ethnic card right from when Yaradua was sick....to Ciroma's arewa PDP committee...to Buhari not campaigning in the south and also asking his fellow muslims to vote for only muslims.

The only candidate (Ribadu) in 2011 election who could have given GEJ a run for his money was compromised by his associates.

Now, the question should be...given that GEJ's opponents haven't changes their stances on religious and ethnic bigotry, should they expect a different result in 2015?
Re: GEJ For 2015, Your Opinion...? by jaso1(m): 4:42pm On Feb 25, 2013
Check yourself and answer this question:
What's the cost of providing constant electricity supply and fairest modern transportation system that will convey you from Imo down to Lagos in less than 5 hrs?
The records of infrastructure progress in South Africa today are not done by spirit; they are done by those who genuinely love their country.
In the history of Nigeria this present administration harbor criminal, romance them and negotiate the loot in favor of those who wrecked your life.
Nuzo':
They voted for him cause his oponents played the religious and ethnic card right from when Yaradua was sick....to Ciroma's arewa PDP committee...to Buhari not campaigning in the south and also asking his fellow muslims to vote for only muslims.

The only candidate (Ribadu) in 2011 election who could have given GEJ a run for his money was compromised by his associates.

Now, the question should be...given that GEJ's opponents haven't changes their stances on religious and ethnic bigotry, should they expect a different result in 2015?
Re: GEJ For 2015, Your Opinion...? by Nobody: 4:59pm On Feb 25, 2013
Nuzo':

I can assure you that the sentiments and mood that swayed the last election in favour of GEJ the last time has considerably changed especially in the S/W.

They gave him bread in that zone..he reciprocated with stone.

The election were mostly perceived to be flawed in S/E, S/S and the core north....without the votes from the S/W titling victory in favour of GEJ.. accusations and counter accusations from those zones with flawed election results could have lead to the implosion of the country...

..but that sentiment that worked for him then is virtually eroded now.

The S/E S/S and core North will still vote along the same sentiments like 2011..then the question is who break the tie this time around again....you don't need to be a rocket scientist to figure that out.. wink
Re: GEJ For 2015, Your Opinion...? by Nuzo1(m): 5:23pm On Feb 25, 2013
ilugunboy:

I can assure you that the sentiments and mood that swayed the last election in favour of GEJ the last time has considerably changed especially in the S/W.

The election were mostly perceived to be flawed in S/E, S/S and the core north....without the votes from the S/W titling victory in favour of GEJ.. accusations and counter accusations from those zones with flawed election results could have lead to the implosion of the country...

The S/E S/S and core North will still vote along the same sentiments like 2011..then the question is who break the tie this time around again....you don't need to be a rocket scientist to figure that out.. wink

Wonderful analysis.

Problem is you weren't bold enough to mention how the sentiment started and who escalated it.

As for who breaks the tie this time? It will have a lot to do with the opposition party presenting a credible detribalized Nigerian . But if they yet again present a candidate who doesn't care to campaign in SS/SE or someboday who says "muslims should vote only muslims", then its not rocket science what will happen again.
Re: GEJ For 2015, Your Opinion...? by Nuzo1(m): 5:49pm On Feb 25, 2013
jas_o: Check yourself and answer this question:
What's the cost of providing constant electricity supply and fairest modern transportation system that will convey you from Imo down to Lagos in less than 5 hrs?
The records of infrastructure progress in South Africa today are not done by spirit; they are done by those who genuinely love their country.
In the history of Nigeria this present administration harbor criminal, romance them and negotiate the loot in favor of those who wrecked your life.

Well, I don't know how much it costs to provide electricity. The faintest I know before now is $16 billion.

I will be more interested in clearing my container in Calabar, PH and Onitsha than travelling all the way from Owerri to Lagos to do same. And for 5 hours for that matter while ph and Onitsha would take about 30 minutes.

I have not been to south Africa, but I've been to developed and fast deloping countries. I've seen what good leaadership and followership devoid of religious and ethnic bigotry can do.
So, I'm not sure anybody desires for development more than I do in Nigeria.

Just for the records, I'm for Ribadu only if he can contest under a transparent platform. But if its between GEJ and Buhari...then I rather suffer and smile than have my throat slashed for being a southern Nigerian.
Re: GEJ For 2015, Your Opinion...? by gbadexy(m): 6:31pm On Feb 25, 2013
I don't see how president jonathan can ever come back in 2015.
he first needs to win primaries and I don't think he can get votes in the north and southwest.
Even if he manages to win the primaries, he still won't win the north and west. Besides, many people would leave PDP to work for APC.
Personally, I would vote for buhari or any party he is in.
Re: GEJ For 2015, Your Opinion...? by solopumpy227: 6:50pm On Feb 25, 2013
Nuzo':

You are not entirely right in your assertion. Buhari has denounced your allegations several times about telling muslims to vote for muslims only. Buhari chose his campaign destinations based on the cash he had access to. We all know there is a, historical, resentment for anything Northern in the East of Niger. No matter who the Northerner is or what he does he is most likely not going to be supported by SE against any Christian opponent.

Buhari is human, definitely not perfect, but his performance, actions and inclinations in the past when given opportunities to serve still stand him out maong his peers to date.
Re: GEJ For 2015, Your Opinion...? by courage89(m): 7:39pm On Feb 25, 2013
pro01: GEJ for 2015? Non-negotiable. That's my opinion.

Why should people vote for GEJ?
Re: GEJ For 2015, Your Opinion...? by Wadeoye(m): 7:40pm On Feb 25, 2013
jas_o:

It's that same Boko haram that dried our foreign reserve.
It's Boko haram that escaped mina (pension 419)
It is same Boko haram that trash Ribadu report on subsidy scam.
It is same Boko haram that couldn’t allow Jona to remove subsidy when there is no prove of its existence.
It is same Boko that increase feeding allowance of the president with that huge amount of money.
It is Boko haram that propose N4b office for the wife of president when poverty has almost eat up the poor in the Land.
What a stupid country and dummy citizens!

And to add to this...

It is Boko Haram that ensured a man who stole 27B naira got only 750k fine
It is Boko Haram that instructed GEJ/Sambo to allocate 16B of our commonweath to VP house
It is Boko Haram that also forced GEJ to appoint Anenih as the chairman of NPA
It is Boko Haram that got Aziza out of office and later killed him in a helicoper crash

Boko Haram! Boka Haram! Boko Haram!
Re: GEJ For 2015, Your Opinion...? by Wadeoye(m): 7:52pm On Feb 25, 2013
ilugunboy:

And not only that, GEJ will stuggle to get 10% of the votes he got in the north in 2011 come 2015. This government worked towards the destruction and division of the north but the north seems to have seen this and the handwriting is on the wall already across the north. I see a president that wont even be able to campaign in the north come 2015 - it will be that tough for GEJ.

South West, no go area for GEJ. In the last election, there was general aparthy as only 35% came out to vote. 2015 will be different - people of SW will come massively in annoyance to vote out GEJ. I am waiting to see how the okoro heads will make GEJ the president.
Re: GEJ For 2015, Your Opinion...? by qwest(m): 7:55pm On Feb 25, 2013
GEJ has no need for Nigerians to vote for him at the general elections. He only needs to win the PDP primary and he has a home run.

Basically the general elections will be won by PDP whether Nigerians vote for them or not. They no longer engage in crude election rigging which entails that the act will be visible and easily testified to. Rather at the point of data capture (voters' registration) the main rigging is done as the linux software have been programmed to input false data. The electorates queue up and vote peacefully while the observers hail the process and everyone go home with smiles.

If you doubt this then ponder why the Appeal court president was removed and the acting president stopped the forensic examination of the electoral process claiming that such will amount to invasion of privacy (what flimsy excuse). We will just keep getting suchstatistically improbable data as was gotten in the South-south and South-east; and those of the northern areas. The results will be quite subtly manipulated.
Re: GEJ For 2015, Your Opinion...? by Nobody: 10:00pm On Feb 25, 2013
Nuzo':

Wonderful analysis.

Problem is you weren't bold enough to mention how the sentiment started and who escalated it.

As for who breaks the tie this time? It will have a lot to do with the opposition party presenting a credible detribalized Nigerian . But if they yet again present a candidate who doesn't care to campaign in SS/SE or someboday who says "muslims should vote only muslims", then its not rocket science what will happen again.

Of course we know the Northerners caused it with their false sense of entitlement to the Presidency and their believe of entitlement to first rejection...coupled with GEJ deceit of boy without shoe playing the victim and underdog card. But all that is in the past now.

People have seen through his deceit and got to know that he is not better if not worst in term of nepotism and tribalism than the Northerners that people were up in arms against with in 2011.

Let him deploy all the power of forceful coercion and incumbency to secure the PDP primary and see how a divided PDP will go all out to work against his interest at the polls.
Re: GEJ For 2015, Your Opinion...? by Hardfact: 10:18pm On Feb 27, 2013
Where are the decisive steps he's taken/taking in this first instance that'll make people consider him? His popularity's fast gone down. Never gona be that easy for him even to rig himself in, should he fail to spark any pleasant surprises. Let's keep watching.
Re: GEJ For 2015, Your Opinion...? by Nobody: 6:47am On Feb 28, 2013
GEJ will most likely win in d entire SS/SE and states in d north like Benue,plateeau,taraba,kogi.nassarawa.buhari will most likely win in d entire nw,ne and the sw states with the exception of lagos.votes will be evenly distributed in state like lagos and kadunna

Whoever will win will depend on the percentage of votes gotten from the opponents stronghold.finally it is the total no of votes that counts and not the no of states any candidate won.

It is basically SS/SE/MB vs NE/NW/SW
Re: GEJ For 2015, Your Opinion...? by Nobody: 8:00am On Feb 28, 2013
solopumpy227:

You wrote "I have been trying to follow a thread, purportedly, opened by insecere9gerian to showcase GEJ's achievements but I am yet to be dissapointed about my belief that GEJ lacks all it takes tobe a fruitful leader"

If you cannot SEE that the thread in question was opened by Sincere 9gerian and not "insincere 9gerian" how can you SEE "genuine and deliberate effort for development" in the thread?

Any mind that is ab initio BLINDED by HATE, partisan or other primordial interest, obviously cannot SEE beyond the nose.

(1) (2) (Reply)

If You Want NIGERIA DIVIDED, Dont Vote A Northerner In 2015 / Bola Tinubu -Declaration of State of Emergency by the President is Unacceptable! / ★VIDEO: Nigerian Lawmaker Collecting Bribe From Billionaire Oil Businessman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.