Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,761 members, 7,817,103 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:41 AM

Benz vs BMW vs Audi: Pure German Machines! - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Benz vs BMW vs Audi: Pure German Machines! (33518 Views)

Photo: Mercedes Benz Vs Audi / Mercedes-benz Vs Bmw Vs Audi [ IMAGE ] / Benz Vs Honda: Head On Collision! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Benz vs BMW vs Audi: Pure German Machines! by obi2012: 2:33pm On Feb 25, 2013
Sometimes, it's better not to talk at all than to talk about stuff you don't know

duke smith: Mercedes benz S-class 2012,
Horse power = 1150(can drag a trailer load of gari) lol,
Speed = 6gear/560kph.,thereby declared the fastest executive saloon on earth.
Therefore on performance, Durability, speed and strength, I give it to MB.
Check other specifications at web.
I own it, feel it and belived their advert that says "we are not overspeeding, but we are flying too low"
I have tryied stuffz on BMW and Audi but the best is MB anytime.
Re: Benz vs BMW vs Audi: Pure German Machines! by Nobody: 2:44pm On Feb 25, 2013
Feed me more:

The Alpine's are to the BMW what the AMG's are to the Benze. That is, specially built and power pack.

Actually M3's are compared to AMG's. Alpines have forced induction, they are specially tuned and produced by alpina for high performance. It drives easy without having to rev the engine as u would normally do with an M3, thereby giving you that flying effect.
Re: Benz vs BMW vs Audi: Pure German Machines! by obi2012: 2:47pm On Feb 25, 2013
Performance - BMW
Luxury/Reliability/Durability - Mercedes
Younger crowd - BMW

Only common flaw I have noticed on newer Mercedes is the air struts go bad often so we usually switch them to non air struts. Other than that, they are mostly reliable. Newer BMW's tend to have overheating, head gasket and transmission issues and occasionally some minor electrical problems. Audi's tend to have random electrical issues a lot. Typically, BMW parts are more expensive, followed by Audi and then Mercedes.
Re: Benz vs BMW vs Audi: Pure German Machines! by Nobody: 2:48pm On Feb 25, 2013
sanb: So so true. The parts for BMW cars are so expensive.

U misunderstand me. BMW parts are actually cheaper when you compare with equivalent models. Go to the spare parts dealers and find out. BMW parts expensive when you step up to B3 alpine/M3 2009 upwards and then the X5, X6 models.
Re: Benz vs BMW vs Audi: Pure German Machines! by Nobody: 2:52pm On Feb 25, 2013
Armaniswiz: I currently own a 2006 Audi A6 Quattro, top performance..nice interior. Gets a lot of compliments n stares mayb bcuz d car isn't much in Lagos. I've driven both Benz n BMW (family) my take is all German cars hv same tech and r very similar in performance too. What u' ll find in a Benz is much likely what u'll see in a BMW or Audi of same yr just like d Japanese cars esp Honda n Toyota. Now abt reliability, repairs n 9ja factors I'll go in this other, Benz; has more parts n mechanics in 9ja I think, Audi; sleek interiors,reliable, strong... parts n mechanics a bit scarce, BMW; great performance but i think it breaks down more than d previous two. When I hv a [b]shapeless bnk acct [/b]I'd go for G55 or BMW x6..awesome machine!

@ shapeless bank account
grin grin grin
Re: Benz vs BMW vs Audi: Pure German Machines! by Nobody: 3:50pm On Feb 25, 2013
Okay; from your quote below, I'm still right though; BMW parts are expensive and I'm speaking from experience....
mekula:

BMW parts expensive when you step up to B3 alpine/M3 2009 upwards and then the X5, X6 models.
Re: Benz vs BMW vs Audi: Pure German Machines! by Nobody: 5:31pm On Feb 25, 2013
Re: Benz vs BMW vs Audi: Pure German Machines! by Nobody: 5:38pm On Feb 25, 2013
Feed me more:

The Alpine's are to the BMW what the AMG's are to the Benze. That is, specially built and power pack.

Not true.

BMW M series compare to AMG, in that they are both factory offerings.
Re: Benz vs BMW vs Audi: Pure German Machines! by Nobody: 5:42pm On Feb 25, 2013
KINGwax: in a nut shell, ur array of cars used wld av been the likes of benz 200, vboot, audi 1922 and BMW 2series!!! I shld av knwn wen u said AUDI is a blend of both...lol...jes jokin

But in the real sense, audi can't be compared to Beemers and benzoids. Infact, we can only compare Beemers and benzoids only.
One thing I can say of audi is: with time, they get old and it sows in the body and the general system of the car. This is closely followed by Beemers. Then I dnt knw of audi, but I learnt all german products has grt stability unlike our dear japanese dt can loose balance with too much speed. Te secret of every car is timely sevicing.
Any car can serve u dude. My dad's benz 250 still rocks. Only dt people see our compound as a museum!!!!

Just because I have a preference for hand built automobiles like my 1960s and 1970s Mercedes Benz doesn't mean that I don't appreciate or have modern cars.

Also, though it's a matter of personal preference but your casual disregard for Audi shows me that your automotive accumen is less than developed.

Have you seen an Audi S8 before? Have you driven an Audi S8 before? Okay I owned one. You go and drive one for a while and then come back and compare it to a 740iL (I have that too).

2 Likes

Re: Benz vs BMW vs Audi: Pure German Machines! by GTmustang(m): 5:42pm On Feb 25, 2013
Audi

Re: Benz vs BMW vs Audi: Pure German Machines! by Nobody: 6:00pm On Feb 25, 2013
Re: Benz vs BMW vs Audi: Pure German Machines! by chucky234(m): 6:26pm On Feb 25, 2013
obi2012: Abeg no dey misyarn.. Audi does not make any rwd car.. Quattro means all wheel drive

[b][/b]
Between myself and you who is misyarning nw,the Quattro is All Wheel Drive but you telling me that Audi don't make RWD is the biggest joke of the century.
Better research before coming out here to display your daftness.
Re: Benz vs BMW vs Audi: Pure German Machines! by zagazaow: 6:27pm On Feb 25, 2013
Merc is a brand that has something to give everyone...if you think its old fashioned..why dont you look out for a test drive with the black series(merc)..bmw like someone rightly said is performance by default..audis are the next alternatives
Re: Benz vs BMW vs Audi: Pure German Machines! by babyboy3(m): 7:19pm On Feb 25, 2013
infolekan:
[b]Have you ever wondered why James Bond uses BM[/b]W & Aston instead of Benz?Have you ever wondered why Jason Stathan always drives a BMW or an Audi?
Benz is stately and always appeal to the older generation....the S class wasn't made for the youth even the sportier glk dint even make the mark while BMW attracts the upwardly mobile & the young exec.
Reason the 3 series is the best selling bmw brand and the Benz S class is the best selling luxury brand.

That was a Marketing ploy.... BMW paid the production firm to use their car, and if I am correct that was first time they used a non British car in their movies (only 3 movies)
Re: Benz vs BMW vs Audi: Pure German Machines! by obi2012: 8:14pm On Feb 25, 2013
Name one rear wheel drive Audi..

Audi only makes front wheel drive in some a4's.. Quattro all wheel drive is an option on the a4.
A6, s6, a8, a5, s8, rs8, rs6, rs5, r8, s4, rs4nd q-line trucks are all Quattro.
So which one remain to be rwd?

Uneducated mumu

chucky234: Between myself and you who is misyarning nw,the Quattro is All Wheel Drive but you telling me that Audi don't make RWD is the biggest joke of the century.
Re: Benz vs BMW vs Audi: Pure German Machines! by obi2012: 8:15pm On Feb 25, 2013
You must name one today o.. Oloshi

chucky234: Between myself and you who is misyarning nw,the Quattro is All Wheel Drive but you telling me that Audi don't make RWD is the biggest joke of the century.
Re: Benz vs BMW vs Audi: Pure German Machines! by Armaniswiz(m): 8:30pm On Feb 25, 2013
Most Audi cars r Quattro, a non-Quattro Audi is likely to b a front wheel drive (FWD). I doubt if Audi ever made RWD
Re: Benz vs BMW vs Audi: Pure German Machines! by viperman: 9:45pm On Feb 25, 2013
alpha conde: Power and balance belongs to audi
Style and flexibility belongs to benz
Action belongs to bmw

I have used the benz model and currently using an audi
Lemme ask
Why are these cars very noisy?

I like the way this guy classifies BMW...very concise cool
Re: Benz vs BMW vs Audi: Pure German Machines! by viperman: 9:47pm On Feb 25, 2013
I love BMWs and AUDIs....but i respect Mercedes Benz.
Re: Benz vs BMW vs Audi: Pure German Machines! by abdulkadir(m): 10:45pm On Feb 25, 2013
Moflek Cida:
DUDE, FUEL EFFICIENCY DOESN'T EXIST IN BENZ'S DICTIONARY....

first of all i'll rather you use the term "low fuel consumption" than fuel efficiency.
secondly, if we accept ur use of english to mean what i think you mean, who told you so?
if for instance an M104 & M112(s6 & v6) engine of a benz cld do a combined avrage of 11l/100km with a hp of btw 190 and 194, isnt feul fuel efficient or isnt economical i wonder what is.
Re: Benz vs BMW vs Audi: Pure German Machines! by Nadoson: 10:50pm On Feb 25, 2013
Guys, BENZ, stil remen d king of kings in cars (GERMAN MACHINE), no car 2 compair BENZ xpt Air plane. Benz is my machine i cant let it go.
Re: Benz vs BMW vs Audi: Pure German Machines! by ban1(m): 11:44pm On Feb 25, 2013
People reply and complain about a whole brand to be fuel consuming without taking into consideration the models and their spec. That is not a good way to compare. You don't have to drive all three to answer the questions. A Benz engine might be smaller than an Audi or BMW and still consume more or less. It depends on so many other factors and what you want from a car. In Nigeria, we don't really ask all these questions before buying. They are all listed when you advertise your cars in the western world.

1, Obviously, the bigger the engine size, the more the strength you get from a car, if the body is built to withstand the engine torque, and power. It's different for brands and models
2, The luxury and comfortability depends on so many factors like the steering wheel, seat (it's positions, softness, height, texture, and quality) yet different across either models or brands.
3, gear box( auto or manual)
4, top speed
5, 0-60 ( in specified time) if you are a fan of speed

I can continue all day but my point is a car can be AUDI and be stronger or be more stylish than the other. It depends on the target market. Auto world has changed beyond our beliefs of the 80s or 90s that BMW is better than Audi or otherwise.

1 Like

Re: Benz vs BMW vs Audi: Pure German Machines! by Nobody: 12:58am On Feb 26, 2013
Audi has never made RWD though I will be glad to be corrected but I'm certain.

The future A8 has been rumored to be rwd
Re: Benz vs BMW vs Audi: Pure German Machines! by jkross(m): 1:49am On Feb 26, 2013
BMW and BENZ..they offer everything...there's not much difference..German machines
Re: Benz vs BMW vs Audi: Pure German Machines! by NovusHomo(m): 3:32am On Feb 26, 2013
And of course all three are "Made in Nigeria".
Re: Benz vs BMW vs Audi: Pure German Machines! by chucky234(m): 10:20am On Feb 26, 2013
obi2012: Name one rear wheel drive Audi..

Audi only makes front wheel drive in some a4's.. Quattro all wheel drive is an option on the a4.
A6, s6, a8, a5, s8, rs8, rs6, rs5, r8, s4, rs4nd q-line trucks are all Quattro.
So which one remain to be rwd?

Uneducated mumu

Where is this empty nutshell coming from,the 2011 A4 Touring is RWD and RWD was also proposed for the 2012 A8.
Aside the A4 Touring the 2009 R8 LMS is also Rear Wheel Drive type,you probably haven't seen any of those Audi's sophisticated speed cars called R8 LMS let alone the amazing 2009 that launched Audi's RWD cars.
Educated mumu-maga.
Re: Benz vs BMW vs Audi: Pure German Machines! by chucky234(m): 10:24am On Feb 26, 2013
obi2012: You must name one today o.. Oloshi

Who is this roadside mechanic that thinks he knows jack about cars,you probably haven't driven Audi in your entire life but chose to comment simply because every else is commenting.
What a beetle-headed combobulated brain goon.
Re: Benz vs BMW vs Audi: Pure German Machines! by chucky234(m): 10:40am On Feb 26, 2013
Somorin#1:
Audi has never made RWD though I will be glad to be corrected but I'm certain.

The future A8 has been rumored to be rwd
The 2011 A4 Touring and the 2009 R8 LMS are both Rear Wheel Drive.

1 Like

Re: Benz vs BMW vs Audi: Pure German Machines! by Nobody: 1:20pm On Feb 26, 2013
chucky234: The 2011 A4 Touring and the 2009 R8 LMS are both Real Wheel Drive.

Thank you.
Re: Benz vs BMW vs Audi: Pure German Machines! by Kalamaya: 1:43pm On Feb 26, 2013
The more you build a car, the more it looks like mercedes.
Re: Benz vs BMW vs Audi: Pure German Machines! by chucky234(m): 1:45pm On Feb 26, 2013
Somorin#1:

Thank you.
you are welcome
Re: Benz vs BMW vs Audi: Pure German Machines! by obi2012: 2:38pm On Feb 26, 2013
Lol so u look for the car sotee you begin dey quote video game version of the car eh? The more you talk, the more stupid you sound.. There is no Audi a4 touring.. It only exists in gran turismo and a version that was designed for the Lemans endurance race which is not available to the public..

Oya, this is audis website.. Abeg show me the link for your rwd , Audi touring

http://models.audiusa.com/a4-sedan

This is the only Audi a4 touring, you'll ever see.. On a video game
http://cheatfx.com/2011-audi-05-audi-a4-touring-car-forza-motorsport/

So you stick to quoting video games while I drive the real deal.. I own an Audi and a Mercedes.. You are there dreaming about non existent car on a video game.. Abeg shut up when people that know what they are talking about are talking..

People are talking about real life cars, you are quoting a video game.. Height of stupidity..

chucky234: The 2011 A4 Touring and the 2009 R8 LMS are both Rear Wheel Drive.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Hyundai Launches Car With A Roof-based Solar Charging System / How Can I Get Rid Of Rats In My Car Engine? / My Experience With A Passat 2.0 (This Whole Thing Happened In 2008)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.