Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,687 members, 7,809,598 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:48 AM

Post A Screenshot Of Your Desktop. - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post A Screenshot Of Your Desktop. (7840 Views)

Show Off Your Desktop(windows, Linux, Osx) / Connect Your Desktop Or Laptop To The Internet Using Phone Bluetooth / Use AirCard on your Desktop Computer. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Post A Screenshot Of Your Desktop. by Nobody: 5:48pm On Feb 24, 2013
Let's see your pretty desktops!
Heck, even if they aren't pretty, let's see them.
Cluttered, bland, whatever. And if your desktop has something particularly nifty like a customization program or something, please say so, so we can all learn from you!

Mine is below

1 Like

Re: Post A Screenshot Of Your Desktop. by kay9(m): 4:42pm On Apr 08, 2013
Nothing nifty. Just the dark crusader.

Cluttered desktops irritate me. Just my work folder and the software that feed my a$$; other installed ish can be jump-started from quick launch.

3 Likes

Re: Post A Screenshot Of Your Desktop. by Francheezy(m): 7:18pm On Apr 08, 2013
FENCES
Re: Post A Screenshot Of Your Desktop. by Nobody: 8:48pm On Apr 09, 2013
^^^^^

kay9: Nothing nifty. Just the dark crusader.
Cluttered desktops irritate me. Just my work folder and the software that feed my a$$; other installed ish can be jump-started from quick launch.

Is that a Vista?

Your desktop looks a bit plain.
Just darknight.....on a dark background sef.

You are probably a neat freak lipsrsealed [size=2pt](and a deep thinker)[/size]
Re: Post A Screenshot Of Your Desktop. by kay9(m): 9:58pm On Apr 09, 2013
fellis: ^^^^^

Is that a Vista?

Your desktop looks a bit plain.
Just darknight.....on a dark background sef.

You are probably a neat freak lipsrsealed [size=2pt](and a deep thinker)[/size]

Naaa... XP. Vista sucks, and i dont wana run W7 until i get a bigger RAM... I hate slow systems.

My desktop's plain? See her mouth, ''on a dark backround sef''? grin C'mon zip up that mouth, thou naughty fine black negro woman! No be u say make i show u even if it aint pretty? I like simple things... Things that look simple on the surface but complicated in the inside. tongue cheesy

Funny u think i'm a ''neat freak'', u oughta see my room right now. I only do a proper cleanup when i have visitors... cheesy

But i like things ordered sha... wink
Re: Post A Screenshot Of Your Desktop. by Nobody: 10:10pm On Apr 09, 2013
kay9:
Naaa... XP. Vista sucks, and i dont wana run W7 until i get a bigger RAM... I hate slow systems wink
My desktop's plain? See her mouth, ''on a dark backround sef''? grin C'mon zip up that mouth, thou naughty fine black negro woman! No be u say make i show u even if it aint pretty?
Funny u think i'm a ''neat freak'', u oughta see my room right now. I only do a proper cleanup when i have visitors... cheesy
But i like things ordered sha... wink

What version of windows is that? And learn to clean up your room every time instead of being lazy tongue you might get unexpected visitors one day
Maybe the day you pile all your unwashed plates and pots on your bed with the dirty clothes scattered all over the floor. That is the day an unexpected visitor will show up and discover your dirty secret grin

2ndly, Who is the guy that is always using that phrase in bold? You said before that there is a nairalander that addresses people like that.I would like to see his posts.
Re: Post A Screenshot Of Your Desktop. by kay9(m): 11:00pm On Apr 09, 2013
fellis:
What version of windows is that?
Windows XP. Thought i'd said that already.

fellis:
Maybe the day you pile all your unwashed plates and pots on your bed with the dirty clothes scattered all over the floor. That is the day an unexpected visitor will show up and discover your dirty secret grin

Lol @ ''dirty secret'' grin ....
All my visitors are expected, and by the way, visitors = females here. My gateman has a default response to any visitor that arrives UNexpected. wink cheesy

fellis:
Who is the guy that is always using that phrase in bold? You said before that there is a nairalander that addresses people like that.I would like to see his posts.

Why? To decide if the phrase is used in good faith or bad? smiley
Re: Post A Screenshot Of Your Desktop. by Nobody: 2:33am On Apr 10, 2013
kay9:
Windows XP. Thought i'd said that already.
Sorry I read through your post really quickly, didn't see it.

Why? To decide if the phrase is used in good faith or bad? smiley

It is Knegrodamus, isn't it? I did some googling.
He doesn't appear to like the sistas but he is nowhere near as bad as Uncle Ruckus.

Uncle ruckus is the cartoon version of Stephen from Django unchained smiley.
Re: Post A Screenshot Of Your Desktop. by kay9(m): 5:06am On Apr 10, 2013
fellis:
It is Knegrodamus, isn't it? I did some googling....

You just looove ''googling'', dont u? *insert mischevous grin* smiley 5 points for sleuth skills.

Oh i know the dude's nowhere near as bad as Ruckus, its just the way i imagine him saying it. So effingly patronizing... grin

By the way, fellis, haven't u noticed that u're getting under my skin? Its breaking my heart that u're so darn serious all the time. Right now i'm imagining holding your hand and coming up real close and saying something corny like ''c'mere yer foine segzey black negro woman!''

grin grin
Re: Post A Screenshot Of Your Desktop. by Nobody: 11:49am On Apr 10, 2013
kay9:
By the way, fellis, haven't u noticed that u're getting under my skin? Its breaking my heart that u're so darn serious all the time. Right now i'm imagining holding your hand and coming up real close and saying something corny like ''c'mere yer foine segzey black negro woman!''
grin grin
I'm getting under your skin? grin hehehe that's interesting. . . . . .
Anyway I'm really not serious all the time. I actually like to laugh a lot.

Maybe the reason why I appear so serious is because I am constantly engaging in feminist arguments on NL or because I have more interest in topics that are not considered to be 'fun' lol. Abeg I nor know jor
Re: Post A Screenshot Of Your Desktop. by kay9(m): 5:17pm On Apr 10, 2013
Why is NL not letting me PM you? angry
Re: Post A Screenshot Of Your Desktop. by Nobody: 9:55pm On Apr 10, 2013
^^^Hmmm....

I have no idea....
Re: Post A Screenshot Of Your Desktop. by kay9(m): 3:18am On Apr 12, 2013
Hey fellis, seen my PM?
Re: Post A Screenshot Of Your Desktop. by Nobody: 3:36am On Apr 12, 2013
I didn't see anything sad
Re: Post A Screenshot Of Your Desktop. by kay9(m): 3:46am On Apr 12, 2013
fellis: I didn't see anything sad

Dis NL PM sef... Hmmm.

Is your account set to receive emails? Just wondering cos the default message that shows up from your profile isn't editable; only the 'send email' is active.

Anyway, i just wanna get in contact with you is all. I like you. smiley Umm, how to say this... Ok, just send a 'hi' through this addy if you please, *Edited*
Re: Post A Screenshot Of Your Desktop. by Nobody: 4:51am On Apr 12, 2013
I saw this a few days ago and was tempted to post mine.
But too many stalkers sha. tongue it's just a screenshot but you'd be surprised what
ppl can learn about you just from looking @ your desktop. wink
Re: Post A Screenshot Of Your Desktop. by Nobody: 4:52am On Apr 12, 2013
anyway, i like yours @ Fellis and Kay. smiley
Re: Post A Screenshot Of Your Desktop. by kay9(m): 5:29am On Apr 12, 2013
MsDarkSkin:
anyway, i like yours @ Fellis and Kay.

Gracias. smiley

MsDarkSkin: I saw this a few days ago and was tempted to post mine.
But too many stalkers sha. tongue it's just a screenshot but you'd be surprised what

I think educated guesses can be made about your personality...and maybe line of work, too, if you give your files/folders descriptive names and leave them on the desktop. I dont see anyone piecing together any info more detailed than that, unless he's something of a Sherlock Holmes on overdrive.

Ok, here's a dare: Tell me everything you can learn from my desktop. smiley
Re: Post A Screenshot Of Your Desktop. by 4llerbuntu(m): 7:17am On Apr 12, 2013
grin grin

1 Like

Re: Post A Screenshot Of Your Desktop. by Nobody: 10:23am On Apr 12, 2013
4llerbuntu: grin grin
Linux? Cool inner city background tongue it makes you seem like a gamer. Ubuntu isn't the best platform for gaming though so I'm probably wrong.

There are so many icons that I don't even recognise on the taskbar.
Re: Post A Screenshot Of Your Desktop. by Nobody: 10:31am On Apr 12, 2013
@kay, oops, it seems you edited the email before I could see it.
MsDarkSkin: I saw this a few days ago and was tempted to post mine.
This is probably why so few people replied. I didn't even think of that when I was starting the thread.

MsDarkSkin: anyway, i like yours @ Fellis and Kay. smiley
Mucho gracias
Re: Post A Screenshot Of Your Desktop. by kay9(m): 2:49pm On Apr 12, 2013
fellis: @kay, oops, it seems you edited the email before I could see it.

Yeah... After having it out there for a lil over 2hrs, i started feeling a lil nakedd. smiley smiley
Re: Post A Screenshot Of Your Desktop. by Nobody: 3:50pm On Apr 12, 2013
kay9:

Yeah... After having it out there for a lil over 2hrs, i started feeling a lil nakedd. smiley smiley

Sorry about that.
Re: Post A Screenshot Of Your Desktop. by Nobody: 6:14pm On Apr 12, 2013
kay9:

Gracias. smiley

I think educated guesses can be made about your personality...and maybe line of work, too, if you give your files/folders descriptive names and leave them on the desktop. I dont see anyone piecing together any info more detailed than that, unless he's something of a Sherlock Holmes on overdrive.

Ok, here's a dare: Tell me everything you can learn from my desktop. smiley

true dat.

well my hypothesis just from looking @ you desktop is that you value your privacy, you are fairly neat (you like to keep things simple), you don't mind darkness and you appreciate your youthful side (hence the batman background)...am i right or am i right wrong? tongue grin
Re: Post A Screenshot Of Your Desktop. by Nobody: 6:15pm On Apr 12, 2013

wow!! cool

@topic: just know that my desktop picture changes automatically every 30 minutes. cool
Re: Post A Screenshot Of Your Desktop. by Nobody: 6:16pm On Apr 12, 2013
fellis: @kay, oops, it seems you edited the email before I could see it.

This is probably why so few people replied. I didn't even think of that when I was starting the thread.

Mucho gracias

de nada!! cheesy

but yeah, and trust me there are some weirdos on this site babes. grin
you could never be too careful though i really appreciate your effort. kiss

I wish ppl took NL for what it's supposed to be: FUN!
Re: Post A Screenshot Of Your Desktop. by kay9(m): 7:39pm On Apr 12, 2013
MsDarkSkin:
you value your privacy

Check! cool

MsDarkSkin:
you are fairly neat

Umm... Check, i guess. I spend most work hours in the field, coverall things, but i like dressing smart to the office. I like things organized and in their places. Flipside is my own room is almost always in a jumble; a visitor would never know though... wink

MsDarkSkin:
you like to keep things simple

Bingo! Check! Check!! Check!!! cheesy cool

MsDarkSkin:
you don't mind darkness

Checkerino! My curtains are always down. cool

MsDarkSkin:
and you appreciate your youthful side (hence the batman background)

''Youthful side''? Uhh, i dunno oo, i just love me some Batman... grin

Ok, all the whole, not bad at all. 70 - 75%. You wouldn't do bad for an FBI Profiler, y'know. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Post A Screenshot Of Your Desktop. by kay9(m): 7:56pm On Apr 12, 2013

My fone screen doesn't do much justice to your screenshot... Looks a pained cityscape. Noice! Linux, ya say? Was gonna hazard Mac OS. I'm really a greenhorn in anything outside of Windows.
Re: Post A Screenshot Of Your Desktop. by Nobody: 2:38am On Apr 13, 2013
MsDarkSkin:
de nada!! cheesy
but yeah, and trust me there are some weirdos on this site babes. grin
you could never be too careful though i really appreciate your effort. kiss
I wish ppl took NL for what it's supposed to be: FUN!

You appreciate my effort? cry
wow, that's the first time anyone ever said that to me in all my 6 years on Nairaland cry embarassed embarassed grin
Thank you so much.

About people taking nairaland too serious; you have to understand that nairaland is the focal point of some people's existence grin
This site constitutes a large part of their lives so of course they are going to take it as serious as they take their offline lives. Just stay away from such people or at least be careful with them.

Can you analyze me with my desktop? I am jealous of how well you read kay9 from his desktop. I also want my own psychic reading. Pretty please..... cry
Re: Post A Screenshot Of Your Desktop. by Nobody: 2:40am On Apr 13, 2013
kay9: 1.

Why are your curtains always drawn? Are you a vampire?
lol just joking smiley
Re: Post A Screenshot Of Your Desktop. by Nobody: 2:55am On Apr 13, 2013
kay9: 1.

Check! cool

Umm... Check, i guess. I spend most work hours in the field, coverall things, but i like dressing smart to the office. I like things organized and in their places. Flipside is my own room is almost always in a jumble; a visitor would never know though... wink

Bingo! Check! Check!! Check!!! cheesy cool

''Youthful side''? Uhh, i dunno oo, i just love me some Batman... grin

Ok, all the whole, not bad at all. 70 - 75%. You wouldn't do bad for an FBI Profiler, y'know. smiley

grin grin

Thanks!! I was closer than I thought would be. cool
Re: Post A Screenshot Of Your Desktop. by Nobody: 2:59am On Apr 13, 2013
fellis:

Why are your curtains always drawn? Are you a vampire?
lol just joking smiley

lol! grin

fellis:

You appreciate my effort? cry
wow, that's the first time anyone ever said that to me in all my 6 years on Nairaland cry embarassed embarassed grin
Thank you so much.

no problem sis. I mean it. smiley
and i admire how patient you are with ppl in the religious section, even with me. cool

About people taking nairaland too serious; you have to understand that nairaland is the focal point of some people's existence grin

LOL TRUST ME I KNOW!!
some folks literally LIVE on Nairaland. I will admit I spend a lot of time on it but anyone can go through my posts and see the gaps in my post time stamps! lipsrsealed grin grin

This site constitutes a large part of their lives so of course they are going to take it as serious as they take their offline lives. Just stay away from such people or at least be careful with them.

Good point. It's just when they make things personal it ruins it for everyone. NL isn't what is used to be.

Can you analyze me with my desktop? I am jealous of how well you read kay9 from his desktop. I also want my own psychic reading. Pretty please..... cry

lol sure thing. smiley

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How To Activate Windows 8 Without The Serial Number. / Where To Buy Apple Macbook In Lagos Or Abuja / Help To Unlock Glo Netpro Modem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.