Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,321 members, 7,819,101 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:12 AM

Post A Screenshot Of Your Desktop. - Computers (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post A Screenshot Of Your Desktop. (7849 Views)

Show Off Your Desktop(windows, Linux, Osx) / Connect Your Desktop Or Laptop To The Internet Using Phone Bluetooth / Use AirCard on your Desktop Computer. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post A Screenshot Of Your Desktop. by Nobody: 11:44pm On Apr 25, 2013
Feraz:
1. I'm like that too. . . I'm currently working on something I hope would be beneficial and would yield positive result. . . .
That is great. Mind if I ask what you're working on?

Nairaland or someplace else?
Not Nairaland, in my department/another department.

I wonder what it is like. .
It was alright, the atheist guy was a nice person I didn't even know he was a free thinker until it accidentally came up in a conversation.
Re: Post A Screenshot Of Your Desktop. by Feraz(m): 12:03am On Apr 26, 2013
fellis:
That is great. Mind if I ask what you're working on?
something related to animations. . .and you guessed right what influenced me. . . grin
Re: Post A Screenshot Of Your Desktop. by Nobody: 12:09am On Apr 26, 2013
Feraz: something related to animations. . .and you guessed right what influenced me. . . grin

You want to continue from where Kishimoto stops when he rounds Naruto up? grin
Re: Post A Screenshot Of Your Desktop. by Nobody: 12:41am On Apr 26, 2013
fellis:

lol, school books. Extra reading for now is done from websites/online.
school books appear enough.
When you've got time, try Malcolm Gladwell. Not that he writes fantastic stuff, but his articles/books contain a great deal of information regarding open thinking.
Re: Post A Screenshot Of Your Desktop. by 4llerbuntu(m): 7:43am On Apr 26, 2013
Are you guys doing a chat room ish, or this is a thread for SCREENIES?
3 pages of guff?

go get a room abeg tongue

fellis:

That looks nice.
I would like to work with Ubuntu OS just to have some first hand experience of what it is like, I have never done that before and all I know about Ubuntu are things I heard or read online.
I wanted to partition windows and add Ubuntu OS to the system but I was afraid of running into complications like what feraz complained about.

Aint nuthin to be afraid of. its brain dead easy to install, and pretty much does all the work for you.

u folks should come around the Ubuntu Thread, woulda helped out in a heartbeat. besides, lots of info to do this already posted on that thread. a NL search would have revealed them to u. wink wink
Re: Post A Screenshot Of Your Desktop. by 4llerbuntu(m): 7:55am On Apr 26, 2013
Feraz: What sef??!!! Show off angry angry. . . .intimidating me with ubuntu. . grin grin grin. . .but guy. .lock up. .it's cool. .is that a gnome 3??

You know, I kinda partitioned my hdd with win 8 being the primary os and ubuntu the latter but abandoned it since I upgraded (well, not abandoned per se but that when I boot my system, it doesn't offer me the option of selecting one and frankly speaking, I don't know how to go about that. . .help appreciated)

Then again, that's a theme from chrome that shows when a new tab is launched. . .

Yeah its "Gnome 3" but no, its the Unity Desktop, not The "GNome 3" desktop. Slight Difference in terminology cheesy

If i understand you, you are saying that the ubuntu partition is still there but you cannot access it (boot it)?

Your windows upgrade over wrote the bootloader.

If thats the case, all you need is the disc, or Usb stick u used to install Ubuntu.

put it in and boot the pc with it, choose try live and allow it to get to the desktop
Re: Post A Screenshot Of Your Desktop. by 4llerbuntu(m): 8:05am On Apr 26, 2013
essentially, you do this:

1. Boot a Ubuntu Live Cd or USB

2. Open a Terminal

3. Type the following commands, or just copy and paste from here (press enter after typing each command)

sudo -i

followed by:

fdisk -l

This command will locate where your Ubuntu is on the hard drive.

it will give you an output like this:

example output:
Disk /dev/sda: 160.0 GB, 160041885696 bytes
255 heads, 63 sectors/track, 19457 cylinders
Units = cylinders of 16065 * 512 = 8225280 bytes
Disk identifier: 0x10031003

Device Boot Start End Blocks Id System
/dev/sda1 * 1 6374 51199123+ 7 HPFS/NTFS
/dev/sda2 6375 19457 105089197+ f W95 Ext'd (LBA)
/dev/sda5 6375 11473 40957686 7 HPFS/NTFS
/dev/sda6 11474 19457 64131448+ 83 Linux <--- Here

notice the line that looks like my example? it will say where the ubuntu is. my example says /dev/sda6

The other NTFS ones belong to windows

Now use that information like this:

type: mkdir /media/root

then mount /dev/sda6 /media/root

U will change the /sda6 to the corresponding one on your PC that u got earlier!!!

now type: sudo grub-install --root-directory=/media/root /dev/sda

* Reboot your system! remove the livecd/USB!!!

No Windows ?
No worries,

Boot the computer, it will now boot ubuntu

* Run this command in Terminal:

sudo update-grub2

Then reboot again & you should be able to see a menu with both Windows and ubuntu [/quote]
Re: Post A Screenshot Of Your Desktop. by Feraz(m): 10:03pm On Apr 26, 2013
Bros. . .I appreciate and I'll try to visit the said thread. . . grin
Re: Post A Screenshot Of Your Desktop. by Nobody: 4:14am On Sep 05, 2013

Re: Post A Screenshot Of Your Desktop. by Nobody: 5:26pm On Sep 06, 2013
programmer?
Stop using a free anti-virus. Never helps!
Just using Java? Looks like...
And streaming songs illegally? No no... smiley
Re: Post A Screenshot Of Your Desktop. by Nobody: 3:47am On Sep 30, 2013
tongue
Re: Post A Screenshot Of Your Desktop. by tpiah2: 5:16am On Mar 24, 2016
fellis:
Let's see your pretty desktops!
Heck, even if they aren't pretty, let's see them.
Cluttered, bland, whatever. And if your desktop has something particularly nifty like a customization program or something, please say so, so we can all learn from you!

Mine is below

what are you learning?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How To Activate Windows 8 Without The Serial Number. / Where To Buy Apple Macbook In Lagos Or Abuja / Help To Unlock Glo Netpro Modem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.