Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,206 members, 7,815,203 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:58 AM

Prisoners Of War - Literature (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Prisoners Of War (38957 Views)

We Are Able (THUG OF WAR) / Woman Of War --- A Story By Miss_fibre / Prisoner Of War - A Short Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Prisoners Of War by oyestephen(m): 10:20pm On May 25, 2013
luvmijeje: .Wow! I'm dumb-founded, astonished, amazed and inspired.
Twice u bought me to tears with ur beautiful story. It is truly in you.
Eze, one thing I have learnt from you is your ability to make urself stronger from criticism. Fine u are not there yet but for u to be here within a short time, then in a matter of time u will get there.
I don't know what to say again but to say well done.
eyaah...*hands her handkerchief*
Re: Prisoners Of War by EzePromoe: 6:57am On May 26, 2013
luvmijeje: .Wow! I'm dumb-founded, astonished, amazed and inspired.
Twice u bought me to tears with ur beautiful story. It is truly in you.
Eze, one thing I have learnt from you is your ability to make urself stronger from criticism. Fine u are not there yet but for u to be here within a short time, then in a matter of time u will get there.
I don't know what to say again but to say well done.
Not forgetting your encouragement which you boosted me with. I can never forget your words 'ITS IN YOU', that's what i also tell other upcoming writers.
You're inspirational, don't stop to make corrections were necessary.

www.nairaland.com/1207713/prisoners-war/1
Re: Prisoners Of War by sambroose(m): 10:29am On May 27, 2013
Bia guy stop all dis emotional outburst n update

2 Likes

Re: Prisoners Of War by EzePromoe: 1:35pm On May 27, 2013
sambroose: Bia guy stop all dis emotional outburst n update

Abeg translate to Igbo, i no dey understand this kind of grammar for daytime grin
Re: Prisoners Of War by EzePromoe: 1:46pm On May 27, 2013
Coming up next is update in a grand style smiley
Re: Prisoners Of War by EzePromoe: 1:49pm On May 27, 2013
[size=14pt]9 [/size]

Going from Agbu-Ukwu back Ozala-Abo was a very difficult task, especially when the mission was futile and when banned from using the easiest route. Uju was contemplating on how to use the route they'd used before, it was not an easy journey.
Ulumma was not left out in the worries, she was begining to see this as more of punishment than an errand. It was never easy when coming with filled stomach, how about now moving the same journey on an empty stomach.
Ulumma resorted on using the easier route which they had to go pass several settlements in Umudioga, including their market. They were doomed for real because that day was Eke market day, and the people of Umudioga go to market on every Eke market day. They were going to be jeered, no doubt, and perhaps captured, and if they'd be unfortunate, they'll definitely not escape lynching.
Lynching? But what are they living for? What is life without good food, good shelter and good clothing.
"I think we have only one option which is the best at the moment." she finally gulped out. Uju looked at her with eyes wide open in anticipation for solution which was the best option as described by her sister. Ulumma did not wait for her to ask what the option could be before she continued,

"We have to go through Umudioga." Uju for the first time after four days, let out a very loud laugh. The laughter was so much that it jerked her and made her stagger to lean on her sister's body. Ulumma was so surprised to see Uju laughing for what was certainly not a joke. How she wished she could always laugh like this, she looks quite pretty when she breathed out laughter and her white teeth radiating like a goddess' white robe. The laughter was becoming strange, what was even funny about what she said to think about? Uju was now slowing down to catch her breath once more.

"You see my sister, you would wonder why i laughed so loud, but you thinking about going through Umudioga was laughable." Uju voiced out amidst diminishing chuckle.

"What's so bad about it?"

"You talk as if you were born this morning."

"Don't even use the osu thing as an excuse, because we'll go pass there this morning."

"Today is Eke, have you forgotten? Aren't you afraid of open disgrace?"

"Its better we die openly than we die in a place where nobody will see us. I'm not going through forests and rivers and run round the world when i can go to my destination quickly before my goat would blink its eyes." This was the same girl that said way back then that she dreaded an open death, what's really giving her this effrontery? Uju thought.

"Ulumma, please your stubbornness isn't going to help any matter here, let's take.........." Uju paused when she saw Ulumma walked out on her, she was moving so fast, that Uju had to run to get hold of her. Ulumma pulled her arm roughly from her hold and proceeded, not minding if she had fallen on the floor. Uju was shocked at this behaviour, that she curbed her hands firmly to get full hold of her wrists and thigh, she hold her with all her might.
She won't understand that i'm doing this for sisterly love, she thought. Ulumma struggled to get off her hold. So she was this strong to stop her from moving. Uju was indeed four to five years older than her, but yet she felt challenged that Uju was able to halt her movement. In the mood she was, and her one arm free from the hold, she could give her a back-breaking punch, but she wouldn't dare no matter how mad she may be at the moment.

"Uju, leave me alone now." she warned.

"Not until you listen to me." Uju said panting heavily, she was getting weaker now and it was noticeable through her voice. This could be the best chance to take someone unaware. Ulumma pulled out violently, making Uju hit her face with her hand inadvertently. Uju winced as a response to the sharp pain but Ulumma seemed not to know what has happened instead she was on her heels. What was even wrong with her. She ignored the pain she had incurred and ran after her sister until they had reach Umudioga.

The Eke market day of that week was cloudy and it looked like the sky was going to drop its content heavily.
Akwanwa was busy selecting beads and wrappers for her outing with Ifenna. She ignored whatever that was going on in the house, even though others were working tirelessly to make sure they put their goods together for the market day. She and her new found prince had scheduled that day for taking a stroll round the village.
Ahurone and her daughter had complained severally to the blind Madueke about her nonchallance especially when it had to do with work, but Nwabiala was always there to defend her daughter.

"Enemies of progress, i who offered to do all her responsibilities, am i complaining?" Nwabiala said harshly to the duo who were now dumbfounded.

"Isn't it because you succeeded in giving the prince love potion for your daughter,?" Ahurone said.
Re: Prisoners Of War by EzePromoe: 1:56pm On May 27, 2013
"To be a beautiful woman is one thing and to give birth to a beautiful daughter is another. It's not what any woman can do." Nwabiala said in a way to make sure that Ahurone found her words painful.

"Hey, hey, hey!" Mgborie cut her short pointing her five fingers close to her face,
"if you want to be respected, you better respect yourself and don't talk to my mother anyhow."

"As far as i'm concerned, i can't see any woman here."

"Its you that's a witch." Mgborie abused, "as helpless as you are, you still couldn't do better than mixing concotion for the prince to eat and lose his senses."

"Hey, hey, hey!" Akwanwa burst out of her room waving her fingers towards Mgborie. Mgborie snatched her hands and threw it back at her.

"Will you deny it, i was there. He came in search of Uju and the next thing you served him with your concoctions, and then what again, he lost his senses."

"You know what, Mgborie? You sound like a loser. Why not admit the fact that i'm far better than you and......"

"Oh my beautiful daughter," Nwabiala cut her short, "don't let allow this enemies of progress spoil your day, you look so beautiful in this your outfit." Nwabiala praised her as she kept blushing.
"The sunshine of Madueke's household, the most beautiful girl in the kingdom, the prince saw and couldn't resist, it only takes real women to produce destined queens.
Madueke overheard this noise making from his backyard where he was enjoying the fresh breeze from the east wind, he had called for someone to help him find his way to the scene but it seems that everyone was carried away, so he manage to scrabble his way into the scene. He dissociated them with his walking stick and they ran helter-skelter to avoid his stick.

"What's wrong with you all, can't someone have peace for a day in this house?" he said angrily as he flinged his stick not minding who it may hit.
They dispersed to their normal morning duty while those who were going to market, went back to their preparation for the day's market.
Re: Prisoners Of War by EzePromoe: 2:05pm On May 27, 2013
Akwanwa waited for Ifenna for some moments, but he didn't arrived as anticipated, so she decided to go and meet him instead. She was dressed nicely, adorned with many kinds of beads, waistbeads, and also put on a nice indigo. She was looking beautiful and she also had to confirm from her mother that she looked good.

She met Ifenna on her way, he came dressed in his princely attire, he looked so handsome in it. The paramours would certainly catch the eyes of the entire village when they are going to embark on their pleasure stroll round the village.

"You're like the sunshine." he praised. Akwanwa gave a blushing look that impressed him, he went to her and looked her eyes for some moments. He felt like he should carry her on his arms, he then moved his arms round her curvaceous waist, Akwanwa fidgeted.

"You know we're on the roadside, my prince." Akwanwa said with a smile.

"I thought this was all about me and you, why should we bother about passersby even if we were in the market square." he returned the smile.

"I take correction."

Passersby were passing and greeting Ifenna as they go pass the lovers. But there was one passerby that changed the whole drama of the scene.
Ifenna and Akwanwa were now in high cloud, Akwanwa sat on the tree with the help of Ifenna. They discussed many issues concerning their family lives, social lives. It was here that the issue about Uju was raised by Ifenna.
Akwanwa never liked discussing such topic especially when it has to do with their relationship.

"You don't look good when i say about Uju, were you two having any quarrel or anything i don't know?"

"No, but why are you always asking me about her, you know she's no longer a member of this village, let's just forget about this discussion and go to another."

"Don't tell me you supported your father's action against her."

"I never support the oppression of the helpless, but my father chose to and there was nothing i could do."

"How did you view you father's claim about she and her sisters being witches?"
This constant question was getting annoying but she tried hard to squeeze some words at the least.

"Well, i had a mixed feeling, i didn't know whom to believe."

"But she was innocent."
Akwanwa ordered to be brought down from the tree, Ifenna did as she said. She backed him with a sad countenance written all over her, Ifenna noticed this and went in front of her and felt her smooth face with his palm.

"Do i bother you with too much question?" he asked with a smile.

"Infernal questions indeed." Akwanwa said almost angrily.

"I'm sorry, but i see some similarities you two share."

"Similarities?" she asked dazed by his words, she knew the only similiarity might be in their beauty which many people had testify about, and that was what she expected him to say.

"Yes, infact, you two are similar in many ways."

"Beauty, right? You've been praising her all day. Not that i'm against it, but you should not put yourself into trouble for her sake." she said and paused a bit, seeing that he wasn't saying anything, she had to break the silence and add,
"and please stop comparing us or try to create any rivalry between us. Let her be on her own and I on my own." she said and turned back gracefully to leave him, but there was a surprise to behold.
Uju had been staring at them for some moments, but turned away her gaze sharply when Ifenna's eyes met with hers.
Uju legs were wobbling as she thought of the risk she had taken, and also been caught was another case altogether. She didn't bother about Ifenna, but fear of being openly disgraced by Akwanwa gripped her.
She didn't know what to do but to run with all her might to go out of sight before Akwanwa could have the motivation to raise alarm. She began feeling that her running may arouse suspicion amongst the neighbouring and they might get to see who she was, so she slowed down and finally stopped and panted heavily. Just as she was panting, she felt a grip of human palm on her wrist, which startled her that she jumped to her feet before seeing that it was Ifenna, she let out a sigh of relief.

"Are you running away from me? I'm I a wild animal? Will i eat you?" he said scolding her puerile attitude. Uju looked at him without saying anything. Ifenna observed her for some moment, and toured her smooth body with his tender palm. Uju winced a bit in discomfort as he drew even closer to grope her waist.

"You are so beautiful like lilies by the spring." he said as he was almost carried away.

"Please don't get yourself into trouble for my sake, i don't worth it," she said humbly.

"Shhhhh, you worth more than seven princesses, you deserve whatever expression i give to you. Please come with me." he said with a sharp smile. Uju began to feel sorry for him, because she was certainly going turn him down.

"Give to Akwanwa what belongs to her and dont try to put rivalry amongst the two of us."
Re: Prisoners Of War by EzePromoe: 2:13pm On May 27, 2013
Ifenna was surprised at Uju's last word, this was almost exactly what Akwanwa said, but he didn't take that serious, afterall coincidence were bound to occur anytime.

"Uju what about your people, don't you care how they may feel about your absense?" he said with sad countenance. Uju laughed hysterically at his word as she twisted gracefully to his turn on, she looked at him in a funny way and gasped saying nothing in particular.

"Where are the people that care, are they in the land of the living or land of dead?" she said after a moment of silence.

"Uju, if noone cares about you, i do." Ifenna said affectionately.

"Alright, can i go, before you implicate me." she said to him with hands akimbo, and roll her eyes as if everything he said didn't come to her hearing.
As if she saw it coming, going past her was three girls muttering words to themselves and chuckling, it must be her they were discussing. She paid rapt attention to what they were giggling at, and her guess was right. Uju felt shame and fear in her, she blamed herself for standing there with Ifenna for so long when she had all the time to leave there in a jiffy. Ifenna's case wasn't different, but he didn't see anything shameful in what he did, but he was regretful for subjecting the lady to such risk, going ahead also to defy the rules that forbids any free-born to have anything to do with an outcast, not to talk of being so close to her and holding her in sensitive regions of her body. He was of royal lineage and was expected to be someone his subject will look upon for examples to follow.

"Ifenna, what is this that i'm hearing?" the voice startled him and he turned to see Akwanwa walking quickly towards him, Uju had left immediately she sensed possible danger after the gossips had gone past them. Ifenna saw anger and suspicion written all over Akwanwa's face, she still looked beautiful though even in her frowning. His mouth was shaking as if he was bathing with ice under the harmattan wind.
"Ifenna, why? Why did you do such thing? Do you know my half-sister have started running her mouth about this? What are we going to do now? The rumour is all over." Akwanwa said in tears. Ifenna had the look of "are you serious" written on his face, but he couldn't even mutter it out, he was also surprised about the concern Akwanwa showed instead of blame and curse. He didn't expect this approach from her.
How fast and wide gossip spreads! Just few moment ago, three ladies who were going to the stream with their jars met them on the lonely path and this moment the story had spreaded so far like explosives.
Too bad, it was too late to run after them to stop them, the only possible thing was to pay them a visit and teach them the lessons of their life. The best place to get them was in the stream, were they'd probably spreaded the story to their peers. He thought again of how it may feel being mocked openly by those wide-mouthed girls. He resorted to wait for them on the way.
He suddenly felt the touch of a cold, rigid palm beckoning on him, he trembled and turn to see four heavily chested men with rough and unkempt beards. Their stony face speak the possibility of how harmful they could be. Ifenna recognised them, they were guards from the palace, so he felt more secure and moved with them to the palace.

"Ifenna, what's the meaning of that?" the infuriated king barked at his son in complete disgust.

"He is to be stripped off his heirship to the throne." Okakpi, the new diviner from Ohafia said strictly not minding what anyone else was saying, he was the new diviner brought as a replacement for the 'troublesome' Omemgbe. He was a powerful seer, and many tales of his indestructibility have always been an interesting one. He was believed to have reincarnated seven times, and that he was as old as time itself.
Though, many still didn't believe this story and demanded proof for his claims. Asides being a diviner, he was also a magician, thereby making the whole villages wonder the kind of person he is. There was a tale of how he came to a village he had never been to before, and saw a goat, he said the goat was human but the owner laughed at him because the goat had lived with him for nine years. Okakpi did all his abracadabra and lo and behold, a lady was standing were the goat should have been and wondering where she was.
Re: Prisoners Of War by EzePromoe: 2:20pm On May 27, 2013
I lost my work which suppose be my 5th update, i'll make sure i re-type before today runs out.
It will be posted on this space, so be on the watch.
GOOD DAY ALL!
Re: Prisoners Of War by Reenoj(f): 2:28pm On May 27, 2013
Well done bro,keep the ink flowing.Following silently
Re: Prisoners Of War by EzePromoe: 4:50pm On May 27, 2013
Reenoj: Well done bro,keep the ink flowing.Following silently
Thanks for stopping by wink
Re: Prisoners Of War by sambroose(m): 8:39pm On May 27, 2013
Eze Promoe:
Thanks for stopping by wink
I'm not stopping by o........one chance............nice one man keep it coming Cox I can't shout o
Re: Prisoners Of War by Eneze1(f): 8:15am On May 28, 2013
nice write up, keep up the good work, please when next will u be updating?
Re: Prisoners Of War by EzePromoe: 6:19am On May 29, 2013
Please, don't be angry with me for not updating as promised. Yesterday, i had a problem with virus on my PC, so i'm trying so hard to update with mobile but i keep losing my work either to battery discharged or something else.
PLEASE BEAR WITH ME!
IT WILL BE OVER!
Re: Prisoners Of War by sambroose(m): 11:22am On May 29, 2013
Eze Promoe: Please, don't be angry with me for not updating as promised. Yesterday, i had a problem with virus on my PC, so i'm trying so hard to update with mobile but i keep losing my work either to battery discharged or something else.
PLEASE BEAR WITH ME!
IT WILL BE OVER!
Story Story........once upon a time..........time
Re: Prisoners Of War by EzePromoe: 7:47pm On May 29, 2013
I know that you may be angry with me because you love me and my story but i still plead on my e-knees that you BEAR WITH ME! ITS TEMPORAL!
Re: Prisoners Of War by oyestephen(m): 8:09pm On May 29, 2013
Eze Promoe: I know that you may be angry with me because you love me and my story but i still plead on my e-knees that you BEAR WITH ME! ITS TEMPORAL!
angry
Re: Prisoners Of War by EzePromoe: 7:06am On May 30, 2013
[size=14pt]10[/size]

Aggressiveness and bellicosity grew like mustard seed, in the veins of Konaso, king of Ozalla-Abo, and his armies. They always thirst to acquire other kingdom's land to add to their landlocked kingdom.
On the other hand, Umudioga had rich, fertile and vast land, which made them to be respected among other kingdoms, the peace in the land also played a role or two in attracting non-citizens to come to buy and sell in Umudioga.
Eke Umudioga was one of the biggest markets around the kingdoms east of the great Aro kingdom, spreading half a mile from its starting point at the village square centre.
Every market day there was not only a day for buying and selling but also for entertainment. Masquerade dancers and drum beaters graced the occasion, not leaving aside soloists, flutists and also drama fest. Okoro the wag was also there making people laugh and forget any forgettable sorrows.
These are few among many things other kingdoms don't enjoy on market days, some would leave their respective places and come to the scene just to catch glimpse of the occasion.
Ekpo Oron was entertaining the populace today, it did wonders which involved swallowing fire and breathing it out, filling baskets with water and dancing around with it on its head without the basket shaking and so many others to mention only few. People clap and open their mouths agape in amazement, after the masquerade had gone another came which was assumed to be from Aro because it ascended from the hollow soil near the palmwine joint, making a horrific ooze sound from where it ascended from. It was so tall like a palm tree with height of above 10 feet. Children were ordered to go back home at the appearance of this apparition and women were pushed to the back scene to watch it at a distance.
This occasion was surely different from others, the appearance of this rare apparition proved its uniqueness of the occasion.

It was getting to evening, and the occasion had ended, but only low sound of drum could be heard from afar, people who came from far and wide had gone and others who were there were busy packing the remains from what they had sold for the day. There was enough sales today, especially for those who sold food item especially cooked foods, and also palmwine sellers.
Ozalla warriors have been spying the all day long and they deemed it the right time to strike, they had waited so patiently for Kalu to come, but just as the marketers were disappointed at his absense, so were they, more disappointed that they may not get such opportunity again. They held their elastic bows and barbed spears to make a uniform shoot at their designated targets.
Several were hit by the spear particularly young men, pandemonium broke out in the crowd and there was chaos, people running helter-skelter to no direction in particular. The warriors proceeded to the roadsides of Umudioga, scattering and ravaging crops, burning down houses. They didn't went door to door because they were careful not to be ambushed.
Not too long, a spear flew the air and hit one of them on the waist, he fell down instantly and the whole warriors took to their heels, sensing that it could be the host armies that are after them.

The news of the tragic incident in the market place spreaded far and wide. Igwe Kalu was not left out. He was so dejected, many people of Umudioga had criticised his numbness to this issue, even some elders challenged him to take that bold step.
Igwe Kalu dreaded wars and was making out all necessary means to avoid this but the pressure was now on him to take the decision.
"Elders of our land," he began, "its quite clear to you all that we have no formidable army for this battle, so every man of this kingdom will give us his sons, especially the matured and strong ones for this battle." he said.
Grave silence grew amidst them that a pin that drops, could be heard from a distance.

"I have only one son and he's so precious to me", Eriobu lamented.

"There's nothing except that, you asked for solution and bold steps, so i came with this, or do i manufacture soldiers?" Kalu said angrily.

"Alright, there's no problem, but we're going to pick the strong ones that............" Memkpa said but was interrupted by Eriobu.

"Exactly what i'm talking about, my son is not strong, he can't even hurt a fly," he said panting heavily as if he had run a marathon race all alone.

"I still stand on my words that all families must take part in this" Igwe Kalu said and stroke his staff to the ground meaning that it's seal.
Re: Prisoners Of War by EzePromoe: 7:08am On May 30, 2013
Dear followers, good morning and how was your night? smiley
Re: Prisoners Of War by EzePromoe: 7:10am On May 30, 2013
Please just manage the above update, that was what i could post with my mobile, when i'm back, we'll keep on flowing.
Re: Prisoners Of War by Neduzze5(m): 8:22am On May 30, 2013
e too short oh!!
Re: Prisoners Of War by EzePromoe: 8:31am On May 30, 2013
Neduzze5: e too short oh!!
I'll post longer one tonight.
Re: Prisoners Of War by Neduzze5(m): 8:37am On May 30, 2013
Eze Promoe:
I'll post longer one tonight.

Better. No slack like princesa oh!!
Re: Prisoners Of War by Eneze1(f): 9:56am On May 30, 2013
please do post a longer update, keep up the good work
Re: Prisoners Of War by An0nimus: 11:05am On May 30, 2013
Welldone Ezesmiley
Re: Prisoners Of War by oyestephen(m): 8:18am On May 31, 2013
Nice one eze. More grease to your elbow
Re: Prisoners Of War by EzePromoe: 9:46am On May 31, 2013
oyestephen: Nice one eze. More grease to your elbow
Grease?
My paper no go stain? grin
Re: Prisoners Of War by EzePromoe: 10:45am On May 31, 2013
The armies of Umudioga assembled at the village square chanting war psalms, jumping up and down, and beating their chests. They had all the confidence to go into the battle, they had all the weapons. Ikeagwu the leader of the armies speaked with full confidence to encourage his fellow warriors.

"This day is the day," he began, "which each an every one of us have been waiting for, the day in which we shall avenge the defiling of our women and the amputation of our men in the stream. Like everyone of us knows, we've always been the overdog when it comes to war between Umudioga and Ozalla Abo. In our three war encounters, we've won all and lost none, but still yet Igwe Konaso will never take lesson from all these, he's still stubborn just like his predecessors. Now this is the time to rise like the super warriors we've always been. No mistakes at all. We must bring Ozalla down to the dust it had been before Abo dwelt there. Make sure you wipe every living thing you see there, man, woman and children, they must be paid in their own coin. Do you get me?" he said in his deep baritone voice.

"Yes leader," they replied in harmonized hoarse voice.

"Please, leader, i have something to say," one of the men interrupted raising his hand up for him to be seen. Ikeagwu nodded his head in approval, for him to say on.

"Let us not be fooled," he began. "the Igwe is forcing us into the battlefield while his son will be at home, are we now the people who are now worthy to die?" Ikeagwu was surprised at such effrontery.

"Yes, he said the truth" another added in support.

"Will you two shut up your mouth and stop calling Igwe." Ikeagwu rebuked them, "and who told you we're going there to die?"

"See, leader, i respect you as much as i respect the Igwe, but if his son doesn't go with us, i personally, i'm going nowhere. You can do to me whatever you wish." he said keeping down his weapon and almost wanting to uncloth himself from his wardress. There was noise in the camp, notably that of arguement, but majority supported his ideas and they went with it. Ikeagwu was helpless in the situation that he had to concur even if it went against his own wish, but majority will always have the say.
Igwe Kalu was distressed at hearing their demand, and the ichie also supported the youths in it. He wanted to say Ifenna is his only child but how could he when Ichie Eriobu was also present watching his son going into war with others.
He regretted placing that order but it was too late, he called Ifenna out and told him about the latest development, he blatantly refused but the loud voices of the youths' protest made him join against his wish. He was stripped off his princely regalia and was quickly dressed in war clothing.

After their preparation, Anyike was invited to administer blessing and fortification to the keen warriors, he was dressed like a seer even if he wasn't.

"You shall go and conquer with ease," Anyike blessed.

"Iseee", they replied.
After the blessing, Anyike mixed some concoction and rubbed it on the skin of each an every one of them. He also gave them agwu to tie on their waste as protections from the strike of their enemies. They all jumped and gallivanted the whole places as if each person would be able to face a thousand opponent on his own.
They zoomed off still chanting their war songs, until they got to Mmiri Adoko, the river that seperated the two kingdoms, they crossed the boundaries and laid ambushes to strike whoever that unlucky passerby may be, but there was none, so they invaded the kingdom, first getting to the village square which was full of children who came to play under the cool weather that have hidden the face of the sun since the dawning of that day, they were playing all kinds of game in the dry sand like kpakangolo, ikpa oga, ochokokwa and so on.
Suddenly, spears begin flying like birds to the playground and a good number of children were hitten and smitten in a gruesome manner, they also smote as many who tried to escape the scene.
Many of them were in shock were to go, that day was actually the ugliest and most unfortunate for them.

Uju's heart beat fast as she ran home nervously to avoid the flying spears, she had being to Afor Ozalla that day where she went to sell cocoyams and vegetable, an arrow had hit someone beside her few moments ago and she was put in shock. She ran home all alone in that lonely path. The day was still young and she had not made much sales that day, so she had much cocoyams in her basket which slowed her pace.

"Stop there!" a voice that struck her nerve half-dead sounded from behind, it was that of a huge, dark man with unkempt beard, one of Umudioga's fighters, his name was Opuji. Uju fidgeted at the huge figure that approached her, she must had be thinking of death as the next thing that would happen to her. But she was in a way wrong. Opuji was feeling hörny rather seeing the lady.
Re: Prisoners Of War by EzePromoe: 10:49am On May 31, 2013
Good morning viewers and thanks for following!
Re: Prisoners Of War by sambroose(m): 11:04am On May 31, 2013
Eze Promoe: Good morning viewers and thanks for following!
Dancing to Oliver twist music..........I guess u no wat I mean
Re: Prisoners Of War by Nobody: 12:36pm On May 31, 2013
Oliver twist, come give me more.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

Famous Books, Countries That Banned Them And Why It Was Banned.- Tapread.net / Cold / Chimamamanda Adichie Fights Arthur Eze Over Land Grabbing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.