Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,492 members, 7,819,795 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:38 PM

From Paper To Brick: Construction Of A Semi-detached Duplex - Properties (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / From Paper To Brick: Construction Of A Semi-detached Duplex (31436 Views)

Construction Diary Of A Semi Detached Bungalow At Ikorodu / From Paper To Brick: A Journal Of Construction Activities / Why Do People Prefer To Give Their Building Project To Brick Layers? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: From Paper To Brick: Construction Of A Semi-detached Duplex by brabus(m): 8:23pm On Apr 16, 2013
mufutau55:

OK. Uncle Brabus.. Simple question.. How many bedrooms is that " Chateau de Brabus, Sagamu, Ogun State"?
Thanks.

Hajji Mufutau
Chateau de Brabus has the following:

- 5 spacious bedrooms (ensuite with dresser)
- 2 large living room
- 1 big dining (18sqm)
- Ante room (10sqm)
- 1 kitchen downstairs with pantry (16sqm)
- 1 kitchenette upstairs (5sqm)
- Porch and wrap around terrace
- Hallway
Re: From Paper To Brick: Construction Of A Semi-detached Duplex by mufutau55(m): 8:34pm On Apr 16, 2013
brabus:
Chateau de Brabus has the following:

- 5 spacious bedrooms (ensuite with dresser)
- 2 large living room
- 1 big dining (18sqm)
- Ante room (10sqm)
- 1 kitchen downstairs with pantry (16sqm)
- 1 kitchenette upstairs (5sqm)
- Porch and wrap around terrace
- Hallway

Lovely. Beautiful House fit for the Brabus himself. I forgot to ask for the Length and width of the house itself.
I have noted this because you may need to build this kind for me one of these days.
Thank you.

Hajji Mufutau
Re: From Paper To Brick: Construction Of A Semi-detached Duplex by brabus(m): 11:00am On Apr 17, 2013
mufutau55:

Lovely. Beautiful House fit for the Brabus himself. I forgot to ask for the Length and width of the house itself.
I have noted this because you may need to build this kind for me one of these days.
Thank you.

Hajji Mufutau

14.6m (width) x 22m (length)
Re: From Paper To Brick: Construction Of A Semi-detached Duplex by jam04(m): 11:23am On Apr 17, 2013
We can handle granite in sharp sands from abeokuta
Re: From Paper To Brick: Construction Of A Semi-detached Duplex by mufutau55(m): 2:42pm On Apr 17, 2013
brabus:
14.6m (width) x 22m (length)

Thank you sir.

Hajji Mufutau
Re: From Paper To Brick: Construction Of A Semi-detached Duplex by brabus(m): 3:32am On Apr 19, 2013
To God be the glory

Re: From Paper To Brick: Construction Of A Semi-detached Duplex by brabus(m): 3:33am On Apr 19, 2013
Here comes the edifice

Re: From Paper To Brick: Construction Of A Semi-detached Duplex by brabus(m): 3:54am On Apr 19, 2013
Our Next Home Project

Designs are in from Our guys at MastersTouch Studio and contract already finalized. We'll break ground on...

Re: From Paper To Brick: Construction Of A Semi-detached Duplex by spyroxy1(m): 12:33pm On Apr 19, 2013
Re: From Paper To Brick: Construction Of A Semi-detached Duplex by Jamesqu(m): 6:30pm On Apr 21, 2013
Thank God for your post that your Shagamu abode carcass cost 6m. I've been hearing ridiculous amounts from contractors bothering on the 15m ish...thank God for NL, one punk was about to charge me 900k for architecture, structural, M&E plus BoQ...
Re: From Paper To Brick: Construction Of A Semi-detached Duplex by segcymoor(m): 8:57pm On Apr 21, 2013
Jamesqu: Thank God for your post that your Shagamu abode carcass cost 6m. I've been hearing ridiculous amounts from contractors bothering on the 15m ish...thank God for NL, one punk was about to charge me 900k for architecture, structural, M&E plus BoQ...
900k! we can deliver that for you duly stamp and seal for less than 400k
Re: From Paper To Brick: Construction Of A Semi-detached Duplex by olabukola: 5:51am On Apr 22, 2013
Jamesqu: Thank God for your post that your Shagamu abode carcass cost 6m. I've been hearing ridiculous amounts from contractors bothering on the 15m ish...thank God for NL, one punk was about to charge me 900k for architecture, structural, M&E plus BoQ...
please what is architecure, structural, m&E plus BoQ. All these are getting me confused the more.

Please i need help, i recently received a quotation of about 1.5m for a raft foundation and dpc of a 2 bed bungalow with a penthouse. Please guys is it right. Pls Pls Pls someone should help me. Attached is the ground floor plan.

2 Likes

Re: From Paper To Brick: Construction Of A Semi-detached Duplex by brabus(m): 6:36am On Apr 22, 2013
olabukola: please what is architecure, structural, m&E plus BoQ. All these are getting me confused the more.

Please i need help, i recently received a quotation of about 1.5m for a raft foundation and dpc of a 2 bed bungalow with a penthouse. Please guys is it right. Pls Pls Pls someone should help me. Attached is the ground floor plan.

2 bedroom pass 2 bedroom o. A very nice plan you've got there. I think N1.5m is a good price for the proposed development.
Re: From Paper To Brick: Construction Of A Semi-detached Duplex by olabukola: 8:01am On Apr 22, 2013
brabus:

2 bedroom pass 2 bedroom o. A very nice plan you've got there. I think N1.5m is a good price for the proposed development.
Thanks bro, again is it adviceable to start a building project without getting approval from the local council first.
Re: From Paper To Brick: Construction Of A Semi-detached Duplex by kkonsults: 10:01am On Apr 22, 2013
Good Job mr. Brabus
Re: From Paper To Brick: Construction Of A Semi-detached Duplex by gabbytabby: 10:42am On Apr 22, 2013
Demain_man: The question is if the design (see arrows) is another way of building parapet using wood instead of concrete?

Mr Brabus good job and keep it up. This is for you I have seen raft foundations done this way ie straight off the land like in this case and then there is the one where they dig 2-3 feet into the ground and then do the raft foundation. Aside from the obvious that you need less filling sand for the second option what advantage does the first which you have done have over the second.

I really would appreciate your response.

Thanks
Re: From Paper To Brick: Construction Of A Semi-detached Duplex by Jamesqu(m): 6:11pm On Apr 22, 2013
olabukola: please what is architecure, structural, m&E plus BoQ. All these are getting me confused the more.

Architectural Drawing is the drawing that shows the plan and elevations, Structural Drawing shows the well structure of the building. M&E shows the mechanical/plumbing and electrical design for the house and BoQ is the bill of quantity that attempts to show the material and labour costs required to finish the project
Re: From Paper To Brick: Construction Of A Semi-detached Duplex by Jamesqu(m): 6:16pm On Apr 22, 2013
segcy.moor:

900k! we can deliver that for you duly stamp and seal for less than 400k

I already got it going for less than that sef...many thanks!
Re: From Paper To Brick: Construction Of A Semi-detached Duplex by Chekitaut: 7:18pm On Apr 22, 2013
Jamesqu:

I already got it going for less than that sef...many thanks!
my architect will do them for 80k if u don't mind PoD
Re: From Paper To Brick: Construction Of A Semi-detached Duplex by Chekitaut: 7:53pm On Apr 22, 2013
Chekitaut: my architect will do them for 80k if u don't mind PoD
I don't enjoy wen i see people call high price of anything attached to building, Please make the earth a better place to be for all, If i have wrong any1 pls forgive. make building easy for all...I summit.
Re: From Paper To Brick: Construction Of A Semi-detached Duplex by brabus(m): 6:20am On Apr 23, 2013
Crafting the Concrete Fascia

Re: From Paper To Brick: Construction Of A Semi-detached Duplex by gabbytabby: 10:19am On Apr 23, 2013
gabbytabby:

Mr Brabus good job and keep it up. This is for you I have seen raft foundations done this way ie straight off the land like in this case and then there is the one where they dig 2-3 feet into the ground and then do the raft foundation. Aside from the obvious that you need less filling sand for the second option what advantage does the first which you have done have over the second.

Thanks

Still waiting.
Re: From Paper To Brick: Construction Of A Semi-detached Duplex by brabus(m): 12:07pm On Apr 23, 2013
gabbytabby:

Still waiting.

gabbytabby:

Thanks

The depth of the footing is ground dependant. You don't go deep because you want to save cost.

Here are few reasons why may you have to go deep on your foundation.

1. The ground is weak or soft, and you need to dig deeper until the ground at the bottom is very firm. If you can easily push a rod into the ground, you probably still need to go deeper. Don't always rely on structural drawings alone (in this age of copy-and-paste). A physical assessment is a must when you're building on weak soil.

2. There may have been trees on the ground, the roots of which will render the ground disturbed.

3. Your land is on a sloping ground which requires deep foundation until stable ground is found.

4. Foundations of other building nearby are lower than the road level.

Back to your question, we're are building on a stable soil with established level. We only need a footing that is adequately substantial to carry the proposed development.
Re: From Paper To Brick: Construction Of A Semi-detached Duplex by gabbytabby: 12:30pm On Apr 23, 2013
Thank you Mr Brabus.

You probably dont save on filling sand cos they put 2 coach of block before german flooring when they dig down but it must give better peace of mind about stability when you dig or i'm just old fashioned?
Re: From Paper To Brick: Construction Of A Semi-detached Duplex by segcymoor(m): 10:42pm On Apr 23, 2013
brabus:

The depth of the footing is ground dependant. You don't go deep because you want to save cost.

Here are few reasons why may you have to go deep on your foundation.

1. The ground is weak or soft, and you need to dig deeper until the ground at the bottom is very firm. If you can easily push a rod into the ground, you probably still need to go deeper. Don't always rely on structural drawings alone (in this age of copy-and-paste). A physical assessment is a must when you're building on weak soil.

2. There may have been trees on the ground, the roots of which will render the ground disturbed.

3. Your land is on a sloping ground which requires deep foundation until stable ground is found.

4. Foundations of other building nearby are lower than the road level.

Back to your question, we're are building on a stable soil with established level. We only need a footing that is adequately substantial to carry the proposed development.

To buttress your point. The basic thing suppose to ve done prior to excavation is to remove the top soil, although many people don't consider that. The top soil is usually a black sand of about 4 to 5' on d ground. All top soil in the building area suppose have remove prior to excavation.
Re: From Paper To Brick: Construction Of A Semi-detached Duplex by brabus(m): 2:05am On Apr 24, 2013
Concrete Cornice

Re: From Paper To Brick: Construction Of A Semi-detached Duplex by Sprumbaba: 5:47am On Apr 24, 2013

This your house na executive. Well designed.
Re: From Paper To Brick: Construction Of A Semi-detached Duplex by Sprumbaba: 5:52am On Apr 24, 2013
brabus:

I actually haven't seen your post before comment. That was a good plan there.

@olabukola: What do you have in your penthouse?
Re: From Paper To Brick: Construction Of A Semi-detached Duplex by olabukola: 5:00pm On Apr 24, 2013
Sprumbaba: I actually haven't seen your post before comment. That was a good plan there.

@olabukola: What do you have in your penthouse?
Just the masters B/room and a sitting room/bar.
Re: From Paper To Brick: Construction Of A Semi-detached Duplex by Demainman1: 5:55pm On Apr 24, 2013
^^^^ Where is the plan for the building? I can see it.
Re: From Paper To Brick: Construction Of A Semi-detached Duplex by brabus(m): 4:30am On Apr 25, 2013
Demain_man: ^^^^ Where is the plan for the building? I can see it.

Here is the good plan. Very functional layout.

1 Like

Re: From Paper To Brick: Construction Of A Semi-detached Duplex by Sprumbaba: 5:19am On Apr 25, 2013
olabukola: Just the masters B/room and a sitting room/bar.

Solid, can you send me the upper part to see at broadeni at gmail dot com? I plan to do a cost effective semi detach bungalow on a plot. I think we have spoken about this design before on phone. I still have some free plots in your area.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

R Of O And C Of O. What's The Difference ? / Ikoyi Collapsed Building: 15 Floors Was Approved But Owner Built 21 – Agency / Sure and better deals...bend Down And Select!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.