Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,489 members, 7,819,778 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:03 PM

From Paper To Brick: Construction Of A Semi-detached Duplex - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / From Paper To Brick: Construction Of A Semi-detached Duplex (31435 Views)

Construction Diary Of A Semi Detached Bungalow At Ikorodu / From Paper To Brick: A Journal Of Construction Activities / Why Do People Prefer To Give Their Building Project To Brick Layers? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: From Paper To Brick: Construction Of A Semi-detached Duplex by brabus(m): 10:06pm On Mar 12, 2013
Casting Done.
Re: From Paper To Brick: Construction Of A Semi-detached Duplex by brabus(m): 8:01am On Mar 13, 2013
Our Journey so far

Re: From Paper To Brick: Construction Of A Semi-detached Duplex by brabus(m): 8:06am On Mar 13, 2013
More Pictures

Re: From Paper To Brick: Construction Of A Semi-detached Duplex by brabus(m): 8:14am On Mar 13, 2013
Block setting commences tomorrow. However, you can join me at the other site today as we pour the DPC.

Drab to Fab: Pouring the Concrete
Follow updates here as we pour the concrete.
Re: From Paper To Brick: Construction Of A Semi-detached Duplex by ASHLAND(m): 3:54am On Mar 14, 2013
Hi Brabus. Please how much you charge per square meter to install tiles floor/wall? The location is after Abraham Adesanya estate -- facing Epe. Also, how much you charge for window POP (5ft). Thanks in advance.
Re: From Paper To Brick: Construction Of A Semi-detached Duplex by brabus(m): 2:37am On Mar 15, 2013
ASHLAND: Hi Brabus. Please how much you charge per square meter to install tiles floor/wall? The location is after Abraham Adesanya estate -- facing Epe. Also, how much you charge for window POP (5ft). Thanks in advance.

Tiles (floor/walls) are installed at N350 per sqm. We have different costs for the ornamental designs.

1 Like

Re: From Paper To Brick: Construction Of A Semi-detached Duplex by brabus(m): 5:34am On Mar 15, 2013
Block work in progress.
Re: From Paper To Brick: Construction Of A Semi-detached Duplex by brabus(m): 7:40am On Mar 17, 2013
Here we are

Re: From Paper To Brick: Construction Of A Semi-detached Duplex by oakhill: 5:50pm On Mar 17, 2013
Does the 350/sqm include materal cost?
otherwise what's the price range for material?
Re: From Paper To Brick: Construction Of A Semi-detached Duplex by brabus(m): 8:48pm On Mar 17, 2013
oakhill: Does the 350/sqm include materal cost?
otherwise what's the price range for material?

Haba! No be so o. It doesn't include cost of materials and supervision.
Re: From Paper To Brick: Construction Of A Semi-detached Duplex by brabus(m): 10:24am On Mar 18, 2013
It's a bright new day and a new week! Glory be to the Almighty God.
Re: From Paper To Brick: Construction Of A Semi-detached Duplex by brabus(m): 1:32pm On Mar 19, 2013
Here we are.

Re: From Paper To Brick: Construction Of A Semi-detached Duplex by ASHLAND(m): 11:26pm On Mar 19, 2013
brabus:

Haba! No be so o. It doesn't include cost of materials and supervision.
Thank you for clarifying it because I thought supervision is included. What then you charge for supervision per square meter? I knew it doesn't include materials.
Re: From Paper To Brick: Construction Of A Semi-detached Duplex by brabus(m): 3:14pm On Mar 20, 2013
It's 24 days into this project. Here we are at the moment.

Re: From Paper To Brick: Construction Of A Semi-detached Duplex by sunnyjz: 6:36pm On Mar 20, 2013
how much will it cost to do foundation for two wings of three bedroom flat on a plot of land.
Re: From Paper To Brick: Construction Of A Semi-detached Duplex by brabus(m): 6:51pm On Mar 20, 2013
sunnyjz: how much will it cost to do foundation for two wings of three bedroom flat on a plot of land.

It'll be nice if you can provide your site information (the terrain, topology, location etc), accessibility, and your building plan if you have one. That way, I can give you a realistic estimate.

Thanks.
Re: From Paper To Brick: Construction Of A Semi-detached Duplex by brabus(m): 7:27pm On Mar 20, 2013
First Floor Slab? Yes, We Are Ready!

Most walls are up to full first floor slab height, electrical sockets/ switches are being positioned. Tomorrow we'll be preparing the formwork up for arched lintels in the dining, stairwell and other areas.

Re: From Paper To Brick: Construction Of A Semi-detached Duplex by brabus(m): 11:13am On Mar 22, 2013
First floor slab Formwork in progress. Pic updates to follow soon.
Re: From Paper To Brick: Construction Of A Semi-detached Duplex by brabus(m): 5:13pm On Mar 25, 2013
Privacy Fence in Lekki Phase II

As their name indicates, privacy fences are used to provide privacy and a number of other related benefits to the property owners. They are also used to surround commercial properties.

Follow us as we protect our clients property in Lekki Phase II → https://www.nairaland.com/1236563/privacy-fence-lekki-construction-blog

Project Title: Construction of Perimeter Fence (960sqm)
Client: Private (a Nairaland friend in diaspora)
Project Duration: 4 Weeks

Main Contractor: NextHome Builders

Re: From Paper To Brick: Construction Of A Semi-detached Duplex by brabus(m): 6:44pm On Mar 25, 2013
Progress Pics

Re: From Paper To Brick: Construction Of A Semi-detached Duplex by brabus(m): 6:45pm On Mar 25, 2013
More

Re: From Paper To Brick: Construction Of A Semi-detached Duplex by brabus(m): 7:02pm On Mar 25, 2013
Builders Work

Re: From Paper To Brick: Construction Of A Semi-detached Duplex by brabus(m): 7:05pm On Mar 25, 2013
And

Re: From Paper To Brick: Construction Of A Semi-detached Duplex by mufutau55(m): 4:34am On Mar 28, 2013
@Brabus
What is the material (Gold Plex) and what is it used for?
Thank you.

Hajji Mufutau

Re: From Paper To Brick: Construction Of A Semi-detached Duplex by brabus(m): 7:20am On Mar 28, 2013
mufutau55: @Brabus
What is the material (Gold Plex) and what is it used for?
Thank you.

Hajji Mufutau

That's Marine Plex Plywood used for construction (Formwork). In this project, I'm using it on the first floor slab (specific areas like the porch, ante, main lounge, lobby) to achieve a very smooth and flat surface. It is also a very good construction material used in solving the problems of leakage and rough surface during construction process.

1 Like

Re: From Paper To Brick: Construction Of A Semi-detached Duplex by mufutau55(m): 3:04pm On Mar 28, 2013
brabus:

That's Marine Plex Plywood used for construction (Formwork). In this project, I'm using it on the first floor slab (specific areas like the porch, ante, main lounge, lobby) to achieve a very smooth and flat surface. It is also a very good construction material used in solving the problems of leaking and rough surface during construction process.

Thanks for explanation Brabus. So instead of using wood planks, you use the Plex plywood.. are they strong enough to hold the
cements etc for like concrete deckings?
You are located in Lagos area, right? I am in disapora, but I will need to meet you when next I come home about my projects.
I have got too many lands to be developed, I just need enough funds to start them.smiley

Hajji Mufutau
Re: From Paper To Brick: Construction Of A Semi-detached Duplex by sunnyjz: 2:31am On Apr 01, 2013
great job brabus.hopefully i can save some money to start working on my project.

1 Like

Re: From Paper To Brick: Construction Of A Semi-detached Duplex by Natudu: 7:27am On Apr 03, 2013
Brabus,
Please, i would need your expert opinion. Can i call you, please.

Thanks
Re: From Paper To Brick: Construction Of A Semi-detached Duplex by ahf(m): 7:46am On Apr 03, 2013
brabus:

That's Marine Plex Plywood used for construction (Formwork). In this project, I'm using it on the first floor slab (specific areas like the porch, ante, main lounge, lobby) to achieve a very smooth and flat surface. It is also a very good construction material used in solving the problems of leakage and rough surface during construction process.

Sounds like a very good material.

What is cost difference of goldplex vs normal wood?

If POP ceiling would be installed, what advantage does a smoother finish of goldplex have over a normal finish of wood?

If wood is used, does plastering the ceiling after decking equal goldplex results?

Many thanks for the great work

This forum is the definition of information sharing/exchange..... Thumbs Up
Re: From Paper To Brick: Construction Of A Semi-detached Duplex by atasteve: 12:29pm On Apr 03, 2013
Setting at one corner and learning quietly. Weldone Oga Brabus.
Please I am also interested in the cost difference between the normal wood and Marine Plex Plywood.
Re: From Paper To Brick: Construction Of A Semi-detached Duplex by brabus(m): 7:21am On Apr 05, 2013
^^^ My Big Bros!!!

The cost benefits of using Marine Plex Plywood over Traditional Timber is so much. Here are few reasons you might want to give it a trial.

Smooth Finish: It is possible to have smooth finish where cost in surface finishing is involved. Thus saving you the cost of plastering the slab.

Labour Cost Reduction: Marine Plywoods come in large size panels which means it is possible to earn some savings in the labour cost/time of fixing and removal.

Reusable: Unlike Timbers, marine plywooda can be reused for numerous times. Huge savings for people building more than one house.

Lightweight: the weight of a typical formwork panel (1800mm x 1200mm x 17mm) is 18kg. It can be easily transported from site to site.

Lastly, always keep in mind the impact of disposal. Of all building products, planks presents the greatest concerns when it comes to reuse or disposal. The plywood on the other hand presents least concern.

The cost of a sheet of plywood (1800mm x 1200mm) ranges between N6,000 - N8,500 while a plank (300mm x 3600mm) costs N950.

Lets assume we want to cover a sitting room which is about 30sqm, we will use 10 sheets of plywood which will cost about N50,000 or use 30 pcs of 1 x 12 planks which will cost about N30,000

2 Likes

Re: From Paper To Brick: Construction Of A Semi-detached Duplex by ahf(m): 10:52am On Apr 05, 2013
brabus: ^^^ My Big Bros!!!

The cost benefits of using Marine Plex Plywood over Traditional Timber is so much. Here are few reasons you might want to give it a trial.

Smooth Finish: It is possible to have smooth finish where cost in surface finishing is involved. Thus saving you the cost of plastering the slab.

Labour Cost Reduction: Marine Plywoods come in large size panels which means it is possible to earn some savings in the labour cost/time of fixing and removal.

Reusable: Unlike Timbers, marine plywooda can be reused for numerous times. Huge savings for people building more than one house.

Lightweight: the weight of a typical formwork panel (1800mm x 1200mm x 17mm) is 18kg. It can be easily transported from site to site.

Lastly, always keep in mind the impact of disposal. Of all building products, planks presents the greatest concerns when it comes to reuse or disposal. The plywood on the other hand presents least concern.

The cost of a sheet of plywood (1800mm x 1200mm) ranges between N6,000 - N8,500 while a plank (300mm x 3600mm) costs N950.

Lets assume we want to cover a sitting room which is about 30sqm, we will use 10 sheets of plywood which will cost about N50,000 or use 30 pcs of 1 x 12 planks which will cost about N30,000

Good analysis !!!!

In the spirit of this, could you kindly help compare and contrast - Sliding Windows vs Casement Window. Merits and Demerits.

Regards

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

R Of O And C Of O. What's The Difference ? / Ikoyi Collapsed Building: 15 Floors Was Approved But Owner Built 21 – Agency / Sure and better deals...bend Down And Select!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.