Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,111 members, 7,814,895 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:26 PM

How Long Can You Hold On For A Lover? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Long Can You Hold On For A Lover? (2633 Views)

When You Hold Her All Night (pics) / See what A Lover Bought For His Girlfriend As Birthday Gift(pics) / 8 Things You Should Never Do For A Lover You’ve Not Married (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Long Can You Hold On For A Lover? by jintujinta(m): 10:44am On Mar 18, 2008
How long can you hold on for a lover or is it how long should one hold on for a lover. If one has been separated from his/her love by time and space. The time being three years and the space being across the seas, oceans, i mean. Telephone tries to bridge the gap though but you know, it can not be exactly like being together. Can love be kept waiting?
Re: How Long Can You Hold On For A Lover? by hammers(m): 11:15am On Mar 18, 2008
If her love for me looks true, I trust her,and she reciprocates.then she's worth waiting for
Re: How Long Can You Hold On For A Lover? by opuro(m): 11:18am On Mar 18, 2008
if it is too long, it become too late
Re: How Long Can You Hold On For A Lover? by jintujinta(m): 11:20am On Mar 18, 2008
How long is too long?
Re: How Long Can You Hold On For A Lover? by efuah(f): 11:50am On Mar 18, 2008
. . . i will be back l8r.
Re: How Long Can You Hold On For A Lover? by jintujinta(m): 11:55am On Mar 18, 2008
efuah:

. . . i will be back l8r.

Are you sure i will hold on till you come back? grin

Ok, am holding on loving in the past. Am holding on, dont know how long it's gonna last. Am holding on, undecided
Re: How Long Can You Hold On For A Lover? by babycool(f): 12:10pm On Mar 18, 2008
jintujinta:

Are you sure i will hold on till you come back? grin

Ok, am holding on loving in the past. Am holding on, don't know how long it's going to last. Am holding on, undecided

Bros is this sounds like the lyrics of some love song. Are you a song writer?
Re: How Long Can You Hold On For A Lover? by jintujinta(m): 12:16pm On Mar 18, 2008
babycool:

Bros is this sounds like the lyrics of some love song. Are you a song writer?

Not a song writer baby, am just a listner and a lover of love song. wink

Babycool, have you had to wait for your lover? How long can you wait?
Re: How Long Can You Hold On For A Lover? by babycool(f): 1:12pm On Mar 18, 2008
Bros, i don yan u na, i no fit answer that quest.
Re: How Long Can You Hold On For A Lover? by Busta(f): 1:30pm On Mar 18, 2008
No love across the borders.
Time is a one barrier . . how much more the distance.

u can't hold on forever or for too long. One has to move on thru life and not let life and time overtake u.
Re: How Long Can You Hold On For A Lover? by Scopium: 1:44pm On Mar 18, 2008
[size=13pt]It depends on how much trust and love you people share. If it's strong like walls of Jericho, too bad but if it's strong like the great walls of China then the waiting can be long. Both parties must share the same strong feelings though. But then we don't know how long is long.[/size]
Re: How Long Can You Hold On For A Lover? by janami(f): 1:45pm On Mar 18, 2008
if he is holding on for me, as long as he wants. why not? but then, in the long run . . . . . .  one myt fall in love wit someone new undecided
Re: How Long Can You Hold On For A Lover? by Busta(f): 1:48pm On Mar 18, 2008
Out of sight is out of mind!
Re: How Long Can You Hold On For A Lover? by TheSly: 1:49pm On Mar 18, 2008
Ermmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!. . . . . . . . . . . . .*no comment* undecided
Re: How Long Can You Hold On For A Lover? by ty4real(m): 1:51pm On Mar 18, 2008
@Poster!
Mr Oga how do you mean by lover?Is it committed lover as in marriage(Cause why on earth are we gonna be separated for that long,omo men we have to seriously work on it fast ,fast!but if it a dating lover,I can manage and wait for at least 1year but after that eyes go clear,people wey know know go know,I will move very fast be that ooooo grin grin grin!
Re: How Long Can You Hold On For A Lover? by jintujinta(m): 1:54pm On Mar 18, 2008
Busta:

Out of sight is out of mind!

Hmm, but what of telephone, chat and all that?

Are you saying "no telephone can take the place of your smiles"
Re: How Long Can You Hold On For A Lover? by jintujinta(m): 1:58pm On Mar 18, 2008
ty4real:

@Poster!
Mr Oga how do you mean by lover?Is it committed lover as in marriage(Cause why on earth are we going to be separated for that long,omo men we have to seriously work on it fast ,fast!but if it a dating lover,I can manage and wait for at least 1year but after that eyes go clear,people wey know know go know,I will move very fast be that ooooo grin grin grin!

suppose you are committed but not married and she decides to go abroad for her Masters programme? And after the Masters she decides to do her PHD but she still says she is interested in the relationship. she actually calls and chats with you at intervals. but you havent seen for three years and her programme may last the next two years. And you are not even sure if she will come home immediately after the programme.
Re: How Long Can You Hold On For A Lover? by adekennis(m): 2:07pm On Mar 18, 2008
I beg body no be fire wood oo! cheesy cheesy
Re: How Long Can You Hold On For A Lover? by jintujinta(m): 2:11pm On Mar 18, 2008
adekennis:

I beg body no be fire wood oo! cheesy cheesy

Hmm, so is it possible to satisfy the body on one hand and still hold on for the lover on the other hand?
Re: How Long Can You Hold On For A Lover? by ty4real(m): 2:44pm On Mar 18, 2008
jintujinta:

suppose you are committed but not married and she decides to go abroad for her Masters programme? And after the Masters she decides to do her PHD but she still says she is interested in the relationship. she actually calls and chats with you at intervals. but you havent seen for three years and her programme may last the next two years. And you are not even sure if she will come home immediately after the programme.

Bros leave stories jooo,I have made my mind clear,if she cant come back for us to get married and I work on my joing her,sh eshuold just marry her PHD and Masters ooo,You expect to keep waiting abi for her to spend the whole time and now call or chat with me and say she is sorry,she has gotten another guy right there with her in the school.Abeg,I move on very fast with my life as in move at an accelearted speed with my life!Once baeten twice shy ooo!You have to shine your eyes at times shocked shocked
Re: How Long Can You Hold On For A Lover? by jintujinta(m): 2:51pm On Mar 18, 2008
ty4real:

Bros leave stories jooo,I have made my mind clear,if she can't come back for us to get married and I work on my joing her,sh eshuold just marry her PHD and Masters ooo,You expect to keep waiting abi for her to spend the whole time and now call or chat with me and say she is sorry,she has gotten another guy right there with her in the school.Abeg,I move on very fast with my life as in move at an accelearted speed with my life!Once baeten twice shy ooo!You have to shine your eyes at times shocked shocked

Okay, you are right. but if she agrees to come home, marry you and wants to go back to finish her programme, will you take that?
Re: How Long Can You Hold On For A Lover? by MsLurker(f): 2:59pm On Mar 18, 2008
If I had a good reason to wait and so did the person I would BUT we would have to discuss the exact parameters of our relationship.
Re: How Long Can You Hold On For A Lover? by jintujinta(m): 3:04pm On Mar 18, 2008
Ms. Lurker:

If I had a good reason to wait and so did the person I would BUT we would have to discuss the exact parameters of our relationship.

Hmm, parameters! Good. So what are the likely parameters that could sustain a relationship from a distance and guarantee that there wont be any disappointments?
Re: How Long Can You Hold On For A Lover? by MsLurker(f): 3:18pm On Mar 18, 2008
Hmmm.

Well, the first would be if wanted to be a fully monagamous relationship. If we both wanted to be together, I would want us to discuss how frequently we would be in contact, what means, how often we will try and visit each other.

If we still wanted to be together but weren't sure when would be in the same place then, I would be open to casually dating other people (NOT SAYING HAVING SEX), but keeping each other in the loop.

I don't know. I think if both parties are sure that they want to make it, than they will but putting crazy expectations that may or may not be realistic concerning the circumstances may lead to failure.

If we are going to be seperated for a few months up to a year, that's one thing. But if it goes beyond that and we still aren't talking about us moving to be with one another than I think I would be more open to us being together but if someone else strikes our fancy we can go out with them.
Re: How Long Can You Hold On For A Lover? by jintujinta(m): 3:23pm On Mar 18, 2008
Ms. Lurker:

Hmmm.

Well, the first would be if wanted to be a fully monagamous relationship. If we both wanted to be together, I would want us to discuss how frequently we would be in contact, what means, how often we will try and visit each other.

If we still wanted to be together but weren't sure when would be in the same place then, I would be open to casually dating other people (NOT SAYING HAVING SEX), but keeping each other in the loop.

I don't know. I think if both parties are sure that they want to make it, than they will but putting crazy expectations that may or may not be realistic concerning the circumstances may lead to failure.

If we are going to be seperated for a few months up to a year, that's one thing. But if it goes beyond that and we still aren't talking about us moving to be with one another than I think I would be more open to us being together but if someone else strikes our fancy we can go out with them.

Hmm, this sounds like the beginning of the end.
Re: How Long Can You Hold On For A Lover? by jkpretty(f): 3:27pm On Mar 18, 2008
It depends on the lover, & depends on the time.
Re: How Long Can You Hold On For A Lover? by MsLurker(f): 3:29pm On Mar 18, 2008
jintujinta:

Hmm, this sounds like the beginning of the end.

Perhaps to you. I believe in "what will be, will be".
Life still goes on.

I'm not a romantic though. So my thinking may sound strange, maybe. wink
Re: How Long Can You Hold On For A Lover? by iice(f): 3:41pm On Mar 18, 2008
Don't know how long is too long or too late. .
Personally i don't do long distance. . .not for!
Re: How Long Can You Hold On For A Lover? by Busta(f): 3:43pm On Mar 18, 2008
jintujinta:

Hmm, but what of telephone, chat and all that?

Are you saying "no telephone can take the place of your smiles"

u can neva compare phone calls to physically being with ur lover.

distance just does not work pple. . . get in ur heads!
Re: How Long Can You Hold On For A Lover? by janami(f): 6:17pm On Mar 18, 2008
Almost neva works
Re: How Long Can You Hold On For A Lover? by snazzydawn(f): 6:25pm On Mar 18, 2008
well, it depends on the kind of relationship you are talking about. Like someone said, if it is just an undefined relationship, I will wait for you until you board the plane to go, but if it is a serious relationship which might lead to marriage, and we maintain contact and all that, by all means, yes, I will wait for as long as you want me to, faithfully too.
Re: How Long Can You Hold On For A Lover? by adeboo(f): 6:35pm On Mar 18, 2008
All i can say is that true love always finds a way to reconnect.

I truly have to be in love with that person and we have to have some serious level of commitment.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Would You Allow Your Wife To Learn Karate Or Boxing? / Is It Good For A Woman To Pay Her Bride Price To Help Her Lover? / Why Do Men Sleep With Love-peddlers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.