Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,267 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:52 AM

Good Governance Tour Ill-conceived – Fashola - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Good Governance Tour Ill-conceived – Fashola (9823 Views)

Lagos Was Party To National Good Governance Tour Agreement / PDP Faults Fashola's Criticism Of Good Governance Tour / Oshiomhole Wont Use State Resources For Good Governance Tour (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Good Governance Tour Ill-conceived – Fashola by Nobody: 6:13pm On Feb 26, 2013
Lagos State Governor, Mr.Babatunde Fashola (SAN),has described the ongoing Good Governance tour initiated by the Federal Government as ill-conceived and disguised by the government to appear busy.

Fashola made the remarkon Tuesday during activities to mark his administration’s 2,100 days in office.
The event took place at the Blue Roof of the Lagos Television in Alausa, Ikeja.

The well attended event has in attendance formergovernors of the state, Brig. Mobolaji Johnson (RTD) and Alhaji Lateef Jakande, the state Chairman of the Action Congress of Nigeria, Henry Ajomale, Chief Molade Okoya Thomas, party chieftains and traditional rulers amongst others.

Fashola said: “we do not need a Good Governance tour in Lagos before citizens know that their lives are improving. Completed projects such as the Ibeshe road in Ikorodu, the Mother and Child Centres in Amuwo Odofin and Alimosho and the completed school of nursing are examples of good governance.”

He listed other developmental projects embarked by the state to include the Mile 12/ Ikorodu road project, Yaya Abatan/College road, Okota-Ago palace way, Ejigbo Ajao Link Bridge and other roads network.

He stressed that the Peoples Democratic Party- led Federal Government lacks initiatives to drive developmental projects.

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/news-update/good-governance-tour-ill-conceived-fashola/

6 Likes

Re: Good Governance Tour Ill-conceived – Fashola by Nobody: 6:28pm On Feb 26, 2013
LOBATAN! cased closed!

5 Likes

Re: Good Governance Tour Ill-conceived – Fashola by Nobody: 7:12pm On Feb 26, 2013
I hate hypocrisy! I cant believe this same Fashola, who was taking the media round the state few weeks ago on inspection of ongoing projects in the state has turned 360 degrees to state “we do not need a Good Governance tour in Lagos before citizens know that their lives are improving"

The media tour the governor did initially, was it necessary to let "citizens know that their lives are improving"?

Since the Good Governance Tour started last year why didn't the governors now opposing the programme oppose it at inception? If they did then, atleast one would have seen it as a matter of principle. But coming out now to oppose it suggest an after thought.

In my opinion, it appears the ACN are afraid of the positive publicity the programme is creating across the federation.

Anyway, wherever the governor objects to the programme, the minister and his team should proceed to inspect FG projects like they did in Edo. But it is such a shame that the ACN cannot rise above petty politics for even one second.

26 Likes

Re: Good Governance Tour Ill-conceived – Fashola by Akshow: 7:58pm On Feb 26, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: I hate hypocrisy! I cant believe this same Fashola, who was taking the media round the state few weeks ago on inspection of ongoing projects in the state has turned 360 degrees to state “we do not need a Good Governance tour in Lagos before citizens know that their lives are improving"

The media tour the governor did initially, was it necessary to let "citizens know that their lives are improving"?

Since the Good Governance Tour started last year why didn't the governors now opposing the programme oppose it at inception? If they did then, atleast one would have seen it as a matter of principle. But coming out now to oppose it suggest an after thought.

In my opinion, it appears the ACN are afraid of the positive publicity the programme is creating across the federation.

Anyway, wherever the governor objects to the programme, the minister and his team should proceed to inspect FG projects like they did in Edo. But it is such a shame that the ACN cannot rise above petty politics for even one second.
and your point is?

38 Likes

Re: Good Governance Tour Ill-conceived – Fashola by olawalebabs(m): 8:22pm On Feb 26, 2013
What credibility or authority does Labaran posses to inspect and assess governors.

8 Likes

Re: Good Governance Tour Ill-conceived – Fashola by Nobody: 8:33pm On Feb 26, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: I hate hypocrisy! I cant believe this same Fashola, who was taking the media round the state few weeks ago on inspection of ongoing projects in the state has turned 360 degrees to state “we do not need a Good Governance tour in Lagos before citizens know that their lives are improving"

I think your missing the point. Fashola was touring Lagos to inspect Projects executed by the State Government, Labaran Maku is not inspecting Projects executed by the Federal Government. In fact Labaran Maku does not have the legal right to assess State Governors. He Maku as information Minister has his own responsiblities which has not been fully completed and the last time I checked the remit of his office is not to be an ombudsman for State Governors.

Labaran Maku clearly mis-understands his job description and this is a clear example of a Government that lacks focus.

Its up to the citizens of the individual States to judge their Governors and reflect their will in the next election. If However there is a clear case of corruption by any State Governor then the Governor can be impeached by State House of Assembly or EFCC can move on him. I really dont know where this Good Governance Excersize was plucked from!!!

31 Likes

Re: Good Governance Tour Ill-conceived – Fashola by taharqa: 9:14pm On Feb 26, 2013
mikeansy:

I think your missing the point. Fashola was touring Lagos to inspect Projects executed by the State Government, Labaran Maku is not inspecting Projects executed by the Federal Government. In fact Labaran Maku does not have the legal right to assess State Governors. He Maku as information Minister has his own responsiblities which has not been fully completed and the last time I checked the remit of his office is not to be an ombudsman for State Governors.

Labaran Maku clearly mis-understands his job description and this is a clear example of a Government that lacks focus.

Its up to the citizens of the individual States to judge their Governors and reflect their will in the next election. If However there is a clear case of corruption by any State Governor then the Governor can be impeached by State House of Assembly or EFCC can move on him. I really dont know where this Good Governance Excersize was plucked from!!!
Come on keep that yr mouth SHUT there. I hate HYPOCRISM. Who told you that Maku is accessing State Govts and not inspecting Federal Govts; majority of d Projects seen are Federal projects. Moreova, dis tour was a joint unanimous decision by d Federal and State Govts (rep by d Govs forum); but sm Govs cos of need to scoring cheap political points are backing out at d middle of d programme they all agreed on. Imagine Fashola that almost ALWAYS engage on Media tour of his projects, and uses a lot of Media propaganda, now saying that 'Govts do not hv to go on tour to show their projects'. Imagine that!... Anyways, d Tour would go on; how wud I hv known of the very many oda tins d FG was doing in Edo State than I presentd on my recent thread here (how wud I hv known that d notorious Esan Waterworks that hv bn a terrible project since b4 independence, has bn virtuali completed).

17 Likes

Re: Good Governance Tour Ill-conceived – Fashola by Nobody: 9:32pm On Feb 26, 2013
taharqa: Come on keep that yr mouth SHUT there. I hate HYPOCRISM. Who told you that Maku is accessing State Govts and not inspecting Federal Govts; majority of d Projects seen are Federal projects. Moreova, dis tour was a joint unanimous decision by d Federal and State Govts (rep by d Govs forum); but sm Govs cos of need to scoring cheap political points are backing out at d middle of d programme they all agreed on. Imagine Fashola that almost ALWAYS engage on Media tour of his projects, and uses a lot of Media propaganda, now saying that 'Govts do not hv to go on tour to show their projects'. Imagine that!... Anyways, d Tour would go on; how wud I hv known of the very many oda tins d FG was doing in Edo State than I presentd on my recent thread here (how wud I hv known that d notorious Esan Waterworks that hv bn a terrible project since b4 independence, has bn virtuali completed).

Please provide evidence of where and when it was agreed between the FG and State Governments to engage in this good governance tour.

Please also provide the list of who attended the so called agreement meeting.

I dont do abuses I do facts!

7 Likes

Re: Good Governance Tour Ill-conceived – Fashola by Nobody: 9:35pm On Feb 26, 2013
bunch of shameless tourist wastin taxpayrs money ...itz a jamboree to eat our money .....de gve all d gvnrz pass hmmm.....pls gve ur child a shoe takami/bata today so he/she does not become clueless leader tmrw.
Re: Good Governance Tour Ill-conceived – Fashola by Nobody: 10:30pm On Feb 26, 2013

Abeg this time I sincerely support Sincere9gerian.

Lets not mind Mr Fash jorr.

Its all hypocrisy,wether he supports the Good Governance Tour or not,the good project should continue for the benefit of Nigerians.

The minister,Mr Labaran Maku and his team should proceed to inspect laudable FG projects in Lagos like the Apapa-Oshodi expressway,Badagry Expressway and Lagos Abeokuta Expressway.Mtcheeeew Silly ACN.
Re: Good Governance Tour Ill-conceived – Fashola by GARRIx7(m): 10:42pm On Feb 26, 2013
Fashola said: “we do not need a Good Governance tour in Lagos before citizens know that their lives are improving. Completed projects such as the Ibeshe road in Ikorodu, the Mother and Child Centres in Amuwo Odofin and Alimosho and the completed school of nursing are examples of good governance.”

He listed other developmental projects embarked by the state to include the Mile 12/ Ikorodu road project, Yaya Abatan/College road, Okota-Ago palace way, Ejigbo Ajao Link Bridge and other roads network

Spot on!!

The PDP-led FG is‎​ very clueless. This silly Jamboree must stop!!!
Re: Good Governance Tour Ill-conceived – Fashola by taharqa: 11:01pm On Feb 26, 2013
mikeansy:

Please provide evidence of where and when it was agreed between the FG and State Governments to engage in this good governance tour.

Please also provide the list of who attended the so called agreement meeting.

I dont do abuses I do facts!
So you didnt know that it was a joint project of d FG and State Govts, approvd by FEC and Governor's Forum respectively, yet open yr mouth to mk Assertions? Just how you stated matter-of-factly in dat comment, that d tour was not inspecting FED projects but 'accessing' State projects. I hv said here for the upmteeth time that people shld at least hv a clue of what they are talking bout before mking ASSERTIONS..... As for the 'evidence' you askd for, plz use d google. Can't post or copy anytin for days now cos of a problem with my compt..

1 Like

Re: Good Governance Tour Ill-conceived – Fashola by truth4meal(m): 11:35pm On Feb 26, 2013
Kamanda:

Its all hypocrisy,wether he supports the Good Governance Tour or not,the good project should continue for the benefit of Nigerians.

The minister,Mr Labaran Maku and his team should proceed to inspect laudable FG projects in Lagos like the Apapa-Oshodi expressway,Badagry Expressway and Lagos Abeokuta Expressway.Mtcheeeew Silly ACN.
is laudable synonymous with paltry? If yes liebaran is welcome on his wasteful tourism...Mr minister kip acting busy
Re: Good Governance Tour Ill-conceived – Fashola by Kewt: 12:32am On Feb 27, 2013
Fashola was on point. So is Wole Soyinka, Oshomole and other well meaning Nigerians that are bold enough to call a spade by it's name.

The good governance tour was conceived by Labaran Maku to amass funds for his Governorship ambition in 2015. GEJ being stupid and clueless and presiding over a weak federal govt bereft of ideas and desperately looking for any positive news to boost it's dying image approved it without giving it a second thought.

Well, the Governors' forum (which oshiomole is a member) may have agreed when the idea was tabled before them, but I believe Maku did not provide the cost details to be incurred on the said trip. Most of them Governors were neck dip before realizing what they got themselves into and could not back out for fear of the negative news it might attract to the federal govt.

Learnt from a reliable source that Maku came up with a budget of N180m to be coughed out by Edo state Govt as her contribution towards the execution of the tour in Edo state.

This over bloated amount was reported to have angered Oshiomole and resulted in his refusal to fund the GGT trip.

I knew the whole event was a charade when i watched Maku on NTA commending Uduaghan and giving him a passs mark for the GREAT transformational development in Delta state.

Imagine how much Liebaran Maku would have realized by the time he's done touring 36 states plus the FCT. Indeed it is good to work with a boss who's Intelligent quotient is less than 2.5. Maku simply saw an opportunity and he ceased it as a sharp man.

The only regret as always, is: It's all at the expense of the common Nigerian.

See Link below for the N180m tour cost.
http://nationalmirroronline.net/new/tour-maku-visits-edo-shuns-oshiomhole/

5 Likes

Re: Good Governance Tour Ill-conceived – Fashola by eggheaders(m): 9:30am On Feb 27, 2013
the liebran macrook is getting knocks left,right and center.that beast have to be avoid like a plaque by governors with sense.if the fool can praise failures like orji and uduagan then the ggt is definitely bullshyte.

1 Like

Re: Good Governance Tour Ill-conceived – Fashola by tomakint: 1:52pm On Feb 27, 2013
Fashola is coming out strong as a "Marketable Presidential Candidate" for APC, the question is still this, if Lagos can generate N30 billion monthly and the same Lagos is still like that? Then one can wonder what to expect if someone like Fashola (Tinubu's boy-boy) eventually make it to the Presidency! I am still watching cool

2 Likes

Re: Good Governance Tour Ill-conceived – Fashola by Fhemmmy: 3:36pm On Feb 27, 2013

I dont think they are same, what project is being inspected by the other body?
He is going around to check out the project he kick-started and his presence alone is a morale booster and making sure things are going as planned

1 Like

Re: Good Governance Tour Ill-conceived – Fashola by romanlaw(m): 3:40pm On Feb 27, 2013
PLS FASHOLA U CAN SAY EVERYTHING BUT STOP LYING OH!! THE OKOTA-AGO ROAD U JUST MENT5IONED HAS BIN ABANDONED SINCE SEPTEMBER LAST YEAR, SO FAR I AM CONCERNED I DONT INCLUDE ANY ABANDONED PROJECT AS A PROJCT UNTIL COMPLETED. CHIKINAAAA!!! i expect Eko Ile to come up with her pictures again , that has an August 2012 date on it.

2 Likes

Re: Good Governance Tour Ill-conceived – Fashola by Symphony007: 3:40pm On Feb 27, 2013
Because of the praises mounted on him,It must really disgust governour fashola to see the wonderfull things other governours are doing in their states. He thinks he is the best thing to happen to this country since sliced bread.

4 Likes

Re: Good Governance Tour Ill-conceived – Fashola by Fhemmmy: 3:41pm On Feb 27, 2013
romanlaw: PLS FASHOLA U CAN SAY EVERYTHING BUT STOP LYING OH!! THE OKOTA-AGO ROAD U JUST MENT5IONED HAS BIN ABANDONED SINCE SEPTEMBER LAST YEAR, SO FAR I AM CONCERNED I DONT INCLUDE ANY ABANDONED PROJECT AS A PROJCT UNTIL COMPLETED. CHIKINAAAA!!! i expect Eko Ile to come up with her pictures again , that has an August 2012 date on it.

Is there any avenue to complain about this to his administration? . . . If there, i would suggest to lodge the complain
Re: Good Governance Tour Ill-conceived – Fashola by Fhemmmy: 3:43pm On Feb 27, 2013
tomakint: Fashola is coming out strong as a "Marketable Presidential Candidate" for APC, the question is still this, if Lagos can generate N30 billion monthly and the same Lagos is still like that? Then one can wonder what to expect if someone like Fashola (Tinubu's boy-boy) eventually make it to the Presidency! I am still watching cool

Governing Lagos is not same as governing Nigeria . . . Lagos is like just one group of people compared to different Cabal, system, blv, culture and mindset . . . But he could take a stab at it oh
Re: Good Governance Tour Ill-conceived – Fashola by Demdem(m): 3:46pm On Feb 27, 2013
I have always stated that the TOUR is simply a waste of time and resources. Fashola, soyinka an oshiomole really spoke out my mind.
Re: Good Governance Tour Ill-conceived – Fashola by healthcons: 3:46pm On Feb 27, 2013
Fhemmmy:

Governing Lagos is not same as governing Nigeria . . . Lagos is like just one group of people compared to different Cabal, system, blv, culture and mindset . . . But he could take a stab at it oh
If someone can govern a state perfectly. I believe that person can handle the nation.
Re: Good Governance Tour Ill-conceived – Fashola by TriggerHappy: 3:46pm On Feb 27, 2013
VOTE FASHOLA 2015 FOR MORE STREET LIGHTS grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Good Governance Tour Ill-conceived – Fashola by romanlaw(m): 3:47pm On Feb 27, 2013
Fhemmmy:

Is there any avenue to complain about this to his administration? . . . If there, i would suggest to lodge the complain

I'v done that on radio too.......listen to Wazobia and Nija Info, there is no day that goes by without a complaint on the same Okota/Ago road from callers. My brother , if you are coming from Amuwo - Odofin to Ago , may be en route Ejigbo / Ikotun just get ready to visit you mechanic the next day. From Century Bus Stop to the Ago Bridge is just hell. Not talking of the street roads....no go area at all.

1 Like

Re: Good Governance Tour Ill-conceived – Fashola by tomakint: 3:52pm On Feb 27, 2013
Fhemmmy:

Nigeria is a far bigger and more complex structure to govern compared to Lagos, this I know! However, I am arguing on the point that Fashola is working according to people but the issue is, with over N30 billion being generated monthly and Lagos is still like that, then I can only wonder what he will do with power if elected President! Trust me, Lagos with her never-ending potentials should be like Seoul, Frankfurt by now despite the fact that ACN has been in charge of Lagos since 1999! My point is PDP, ACN, CPC, ANPP, APGA etc lump them together, they are still the same thing I don't believe in party politics and would never will, my take is individuals matter and a system of government that is different from what we have now (democracy with a wasteful Presidential system of government) might just be the saving grace for Nigeria and Nigerians

2 Likes

Re: Good Governance Tour Ill-conceived – Fashola by kennytidistar(m): 3:58pm On Feb 27, 2013
Kamanda:

fashola was scared his propagandist cooked lies will be expose now we shall know who is responsible for the major project in lagos. Silly governor, ole, jaguda.

2 Likes

Re: Good Governance Tour Ill-conceived – Fashola by Fhemmmy: 3:59pm On Feb 27, 2013
healthcons:
If someone can govern a state perfectly. I believe that person can handle the nation.

Not necessarily . . . Nigeria is a combo of trouble and not easy to govern, but like i said, nothing wrong in him taking a stab at it
Re: Good Governance Tour Ill-conceived – Fashola by Fhemmmy: 4:00pm On Feb 27, 2013
romanlaw:

I'v done that on radio too.......listen to Wazobia and Nija Info, there is no day that goes by without a complaint on the same Okota/Ago road from callers. My brother , if you are coming from Amuwo - Odofin to Ago , may be en route Ejigbo / Ikotun just get ready to visit you mechanic the next day. From Century Bus Stop to the Ago Bridge is just hell. Not talking of the street roads....no go area at all.

Ok, in that case, not sure what else to say.
Re: Good Governance Tour Ill-conceived – Fashola by Fhemmmy: 4:00pm On Feb 27, 2013
tomakint:
Nigeria is a far bigger and more complex structure to govern compared to Lagos, this I know! However, I am arguing on the point that Fashola is working according to people but the issue is, with over N30 billion being generated monthly and Lagos is still like that, then I can only wonder what he will do with power if elected President! Trust me, Lagos with her never-ending potentials should be like Seoul, Frankfurt by now despite the fact that ACN has been in charge of Lagos since 1999! My point is PDP, ACN, CPC, ANPP, APGA etc lump them together, they are still the same thing I don't believe in party politics and would never will, my take is individuals matter and a system of government that is different from what we have now (democracy with a wasteful Presidential system of government) might just be the saving grace for Nigeria and Nigerians

I do agree with you but i blv in democracy, only the way we have gone about it in Nigeria is an issue.
Re: Good Governance Tour Ill-conceived – Fashola by tomakint: 4:02pm On Feb 27, 2013
Fhemmmy:

I do agree with you but i blv in democracy, only the way we have gone about it in Nigeria is an issue.
I share your sentiment too (by believing in democracy) but my headache has been, Democracy may never be practiced in the ideal way as far as Nigeria is concerned don't you think so?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

APC Supporters Protest, Block Ondo Assembly / Check Out Ongoing Glass Tunnel And Flyover Projects In Abakaliki / PDP Senators, Reps Back Southern Governors On State Police, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.