Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,191 members, 7,822,013 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:27 AM

Good Governance Tour Ill-conceived – Fashola - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Good Governance Tour Ill-conceived – Fashola (9838 Views)

Lagos Was Party To National Good Governance Tour Agreement / PDP Faults Fashola's Criticism Of Good Governance Tour / Oshiomhole Wont Use State Resources For Good Governance Tour (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Good Governance Tour Ill-conceived – Fashola by Fhemmmy: 4:04pm On Feb 27, 2013
tomakint:
I share your sentiment too (by believing in democracy) but my headache has been, Democracy may never be practiced in the ideal way as far as Nigeria is concerned don't you think so?

Yes, and that is the reason why we need fresh people and idea to get involved, cos it is important we stop recycling the older folks with nothing else to offer . . As long as it remains a dirty game, no hope to see changes to how our democrazy is done
Re: Good Governance Tour Ill-conceived – Fashola by Nobody: 4:10pm On Feb 27, 2013
mikeansy:

I think your missing the point. Fashola was touring Lagos to inspect Projects executed by the State Government, Labaran Maku is not inspecting Projects executed by the Federal Government. In fact Labaran Maku does not have the legal right to assess State Governors. He Maku as information Minister has his own responsiblities which has not been fully completed and the last time I checked the remit of his office is not to be an ombudsman for State Governors.

Labaran Maku clearly mis-understands his job description and this is a clear example of a Government that lacks focus.

Its up to the citizens of the individual States to judge their Governors and reflect their will in the next election. If However there is a clear case of corruption by any State Governor then the Governor can be impeached by State House of Assembly or EFCC can move on him. I really dont know where this Good Governance Excersize was plucked from!!!

Are funds not disbursed to the states by the federal govt on a monthly basis? I'm sure the FG has oversight over state's allocations, so it can count the success of the states as being due to what its officials would argue is its own equitable distribution and judicious use of national resources, and hence take credit from some of those state projects.
Re: Good Governance Tour Ill-conceived – Fashola by tomakint: 4:13pm On Feb 27, 2013
Fhemmmy:

Yes, and that is the reason why we need fresh people and idea to get involved, cos it is important we stop recycling the older folks with nothing else to offer . . As long as it remains a dirty game, no hope to see changes to how our democrazy is done
Seriously, if I may understand your 'fresh people' I want to believe you were actually referring to the youths of our time (above 30 to 45) I have more shocking news for you, 'even the youths are far worse' than those people we tagged 'older folks' the more reason I weep for Nigeria cry cry cry if in doubt, just check through the many posts of Nairalanders especially at the 'politics section'! cool
Re: Good Governance Tour Ill-conceived – Fashola by ba7man(m): 4:15pm On Feb 27, 2013
tomakint:
Nigeria is a far bigger and more complex structure to govern compared to Lagos, this I know! However, I am arguing on the point that Fashola is working according to people but the issue is, with over N30 billion being generated monthly and Lagos is still like that, then I can only wonder what he will do with power if elected President! Trust me, Lagos with her never-ending potentials should be like Seoul, Frankfurt by now despite the fact that ACN has been in charge of Lagos since 1999! My point is PDP, ACN, CPC, ANPP, APGA etc lump them together, they are still the same thing I don't believe in party politics and would never will, my take is individuals matter and a system of government that is different from what we have now (democracy with a wasteful Presidential system of government) might just be the saving grace for Nigeria and Nigerians
Very true. With N30Billion Lagos still looks like that. Bayelsa, Delta, Port-Harcourt and Akwa-Ibom states should look like Dubai too.

2 Likes

Re: Good Governance Tour Ill-conceived – Fashola by tomakint: 4:17pm On Feb 27, 2013
ba7man: Very true. With N30Billion Lagos still looks like that. Bayelsa, Delta, Port-Harcourt and Akwa-Ibom states should look like Dubai too.
....thou saith undecided
Re: Good Governance Tour Ill-conceived – Fashola by Fhemmmy: 4:22pm On Feb 27, 2013
tomakint:
Seriously, if I may understand your 'fresh people' I want to believe you were actually referring to the youths of our time (above 30 to 45) I have more shocking news for you, 'even the youths are far worse' than those people we tagged 'older folks' the more reason I weep for Nigeria cry cry cry if in doubt, just check through the many posts of Nairalanders especially at the 'politics section'! cool

Dont have to be just the youth, could be some older folks too that are more exposed and have something to contribute and not just the kids of the present older oones . . . I do agree with you that the present generation has nothing much to offer either, but the older ones (good ones) could be a better mentor or could we say they ave failed to bring up a good generation after them due to greed and selfishness?
Re: Good Governance Tour Ill-conceived – Fashola by seunajia: 4:23pm On Feb 27, 2013
I was really surprised too when I saw the good governance thread. Mr. Maku was inspecting projects started and finished by state governors embarassed

Smh. Jonathan is a fraud. Corruption and lies have never been this circulated. They are keeping quiet about the FCT budget signing now probably because the 4bn pet-project house for Mrs. Jonathan was included --whether citizens agree or not. 2015 please come fast.

PS: Innoson is doing a great job. They should market those vehicles more! Do they have a showroom in Lagos?

1 Like

Re: Good Governance Tour Ill-conceived – Fashola by chizel: 4:26pm On Feb 27, 2013
All this morons that are condemning the good gorvernance tour of the 36 states of the federation embarked upon by the federal govt are nothing but a bunch of hypocrit,and for fashola to condem it is unfortunate,I think its high time the people in the opposition more especially the Yorubas grow up,president of the federal republic of Nigeria has the right to know how any politically elected or appointed office holder in any part of Nigeria is performing irrespective of the party such a person belonged in,obasanjo did it and I didn't hear the Yorubas condemning it,if the federal govt has no right embarking on the project then fashola has no right embarking in all this media propaganda he has been doing,common street light of about 190 poles that was fixed in two streets of lagos,the media was there to show it to the world,what a shame.i think it's high time this people grow above petty politics.to the opposition,only the politicians elected in their platform is doing well,those from the ruling party are not performing,they will never see anything good from them,and am yet to see the magic that the opposition is performing in their various states,the other day in Abeokuta,we were told of billions being spent on a small flyover bridge by the state govt,the media was there to cover it as if it was the first to be built in any part of Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: Good Governance Tour Ill-conceived – Fashola by Fhemmmy: 4:27pm On Feb 27, 2013
seunajia: I was really surprised too when I saw the good governance thread. Mr. Maku was inspecting projects started and finished by state governors embarassed

Smh. Jonathan is a fraud. Corruption and lies have never been this circulated. They are keeping quiet about the FCT budget signing now probably because the 4bn pet-project house for Mrs. Jonathan was included --whether citizens agree or not. 2015 please come fast.

PS: Innoson is doing a great job. They should market those vehicles more! Do they have a showroom in Lagos?

Lagos govt or the federal govt?
Re: Good Governance Tour Ill-conceived – Fashola by Fhemmmy: 4:28pm On Feb 27, 2013
chizel: [b]All this morons that are condemning the good gorvernance tour of the 36 states of the federation embarked upon by the federal govt are nothing but a bunch of hypocrit,and for fashola to condem it is unfortunate,I think its high time the people in the opposition more especially the Yorubas grow up,president of the federal republic of Nigeria has the right to know how any politically elected or appointed office holder in any part of Nigeria is performing irrespective of the party such a person belonged in,obasanjo did it and I didn't hear the Yorubas condemning it,[/b]if the federal govt has no right embarking on the project then fashola has no right embarking in all this media propaganda he has been doing,common street light of about 190 poles that was fixed in two streets of lagos,the media was there to show it to the world,what a shame.i think it's high time this people grow above petty politics.to the opposition,only the politicians elected in their platform is doing well,those from the ruling party are not performing,they will never see anything good from them,and am yet to see the magic that the opposition is performing in their various states,the other day in Abeokuta,we were told of billions being spent on a small flyover bridge by the state govt,the media was there to cover it as if it was the first to be built in any part of Nigeria.

At what expense and cos OBJ fumbled with it does not mean that Jonathan has to
Re: Good Governance Tour Ill-conceived – Fashola by AZeD1(m): 4:32pm On Feb 27, 2013
I said it on the Oshimole thread and i will say it again, the good governance tour is a waste of public funds. I used to live in Ikorodu and i saw the Ibeshe road Fashola talked about, i don't need Maku to tell me that. Someone on this forum has said, the Oko-Oba road has been abandoned since last year, i also don't need Maku to tell me that. Romanlaw has given us a report without spending "our collective" wealth. That's all the GGT Nigerians need.
Re: Good Governance Tour Ill-conceived – Fashola by tomakint: 4:34pm On Feb 27, 2013
chizel: All this morons that are condemning the good gorvernance tour of the 36 states of the federation embarked upon by the federal govt are nothing but a bunch of hypocrit,and for fashola to condem it is unfortunate,I think its high time the people in the opposition more especially the Yorubas grow up,president of the federal republic of Nigeria has the right to know how any politically elected or appointed office holder in any part of Nigeria is performing irrespective of the party such a person belonged in,obasanjo did it and I didn't hear the Yorubas condemning it,if the federal govt has no right embarking on the project then fashola has no right embarking in all this media propaganda he has been doing,common street light of about 190 poles that was fixed in two streets of lagos,the media was there to show it to the world,what a shame.i think it's high time this people grow above petty politics.to the opposition,only the politicians elected in their platform is doing well,those from the ruling party are not performing,they will never see anything good from them,and am yet to see the magic that the opposition is performing in their various states,the other day in Abeokuta,we were told of billions being spent on a small flyover bridge by the state govt,the media was there to cover it as if it was the first to be built in any part of Nigeria.
You have spoken like an Oracle, may your days be long to see the Nigeria and Lagos of your dreams! God Bless you Bro! cool
Re: Good Governance Tour Ill-conceived – Fashola by tomakint: 4:36pm On Feb 27, 2013
A-ZeD:
I said it on the Oshimole thread and i will say it again, the good governance tour is a waste of public funds. I used to live in Ikorodu and i saw the Ibeshe road Fashola talked about, i don't need Maku to tell me that. Someone on this forum has said, the Oko-Oba road has been abandoned since last year, i also don't need Maku to tell me that. Romanlaw has given us a report without spending "our collective" wealth. That's all the GGT Nigerians need.
You keep repeating "I" as if governance in Nigeria starts at your desk and ends there, if you don't need to be told what the states are doing then what happens to the millions out there who may not be as privileged as you? undecided

1 Like

Re: Good Governance Tour Ill-conceived – Fashola by RedLight1: 4:39pm On Feb 27, 2013
tomakint:
Nigeria is a far bigger and more complex structure to govern compared to Lagos, this I know! However, I am arguing on the point that Fashola is working according to people but the issue is, with over N30 billion being generated monthly and Lagos is still like that, then I can only wonder what he will do with power if elected President! Trust me, Lagos with her never-ending potentials should be like Seoul, Frankfurt by now despite the fact that ACN has been in charge of Lagos since 1999! My point is PDP, ACN, CPC, ANPP, APGA etc lump them together, they are still the same thing I don't believe in party politics and would never will, my take is individuals matter and a system of government that is different from what we have now (democracy with a wasteful Presidential system of government) might just be the saving grace for Nigeria and Nigerians
if u can govern lagos state successfully ... u can govern nigeria without a single problem.... lagos is just a small replica of nigeria
Re: Good Governance Tour Ill-conceived – Fashola by prost80(m): 4:39pm On Feb 27, 2013
romanlaw: PLS FASHOLA U CAN SAY EVERYTHING BUT STOP LYING OH!! THE OKOTA-AGO ROAD U JUST MENT5IONED HAS BIN ABANDONED SINCE SEPTEMBER LAST YEAR, SO FAR I AM CONCERNED I DONT INCLUDE ANY ABANDONED PROJECT AS A PROJCT UNTIL COMPLETED. CHIKINAAAA!!! i expect Eko Ile to come up with her pictures again , that has an August 2012 date on it.

If I remember that there was a court case holding the job on that road mid 2012 and that now, as recent as Jan 2013, I think it was just resolved. So chill.See below

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/06/litigation-stalls-okota-road-reconstruction/
Re: Good Governance Tour Ill-conceived – Fashola by Fhemmmy: 4:39pm On Feb 27, 2013
I just would love to know how much it will cost the tax payers for the Tours

1 Like

Re: Good Governance Tour Ill-conceived – Fashola by Ribaman(m): 4:41pm On Feb 27, 2013
romanlaw: PLS FASHOLA U CAN SAY EVERYTHING BUT STOP LYING OH!! THE OKOTA-AGO ROAD U JUST MENT5IONED HAS BIN ABANDONED SINCE SEPTEMBER LAST YEAR, SO FAR I AM CONCERNED I DONT INCLUDE ANY ABANDONED PROJECT AS A PROJCT UNTIL COMPLETED. CHIKINAAAA!!! i expect Eko Ile to come up with her pictures again , that has an August 2012 date on it.

Wake up and smell the coffee, at least he is better than the idiots (governors) some of us have to deal with/put up with.
Pls stop hating! He is light years ahead of all the PDP governors! Here, I have said it!
Re: Good Governance Tour Ill-conceived – Fashola by Fhemmmy: 4:43pm On Feb 27, 2013
Riba_man:

Wake up and smell the coffee, at least he is better than the idiots (governors) some of us have to deal with/put up with.
Pls stop hating! He is light years ahead of all the PDP governors! Here, I have said it!

I dont think the tax payer asking for his roads to be done and completed is hating . . . .
Re: Good Governance Tour Ill-conceived – Fashola by eggheaders(m): 4:47pm On Feb 27, 2013
only fools and intellectual bankruptcy goons will celebrate the evil ggt.I don't need a midget macrook to show me development project going down in state with sensible governors. the jamboree of the useless circus became obvious when the simpleton gave a pass mark to failures like orji and uduaghan.it all for the brown envelopes. and to the guy shouting about okota road.the peeps that there cribs are to be demolish for the right of way.are presently battling the government in court that while the project is on hold.

1 Like

Re: Good Governance Tour Ill-conceived – Fashola by tomakint: 4:51pm On Feb 27, 2013
Red-Light:
if u can govern lagos state successfully ... u can govern nigeria without a single problem.... lagos is just a small replica of nigeria
@ the bolded, on paper you may be very right, but in the real sense of it, you are dead wrong! Nigeria is a far cry from what Lagos is cool
Re: Good Governance Tour Ill-conceived – Fashola by E99E(m): 4:53pm On Feb 27, 2013
Very stupid talk from the governor. Other states are building bigger projects and commisioning world class public schools as evidence of good governance and fashola is busy commisioning street lights, and now saying rubbish. Go to Rivers state to the see the world class public schools built in every local government area or is it the massive road projects being carried out by Akwa Ibom state government.

He should please stop saying rubbish. What is he doing with his public funds? Building roads to put toll gates? Nothing is free in Lagos. Rubbish.

2 Likes

Re: Good Governance Tour Ill-conceived – Fashola by ChimaAdeoye: 4:55pm On Feb 27, 2013
Anything good or good idea once it comes from the PDP, it must be condemned and discredited by ACN.
It is all a deliberately planned plot to discredit anything good by the PDP led Federal government.
The ACN governors should stop playing childish games and simply say their party had instructed them to sabotage the NGGT.
Re: Good Governance Tour Ill-conceived – Fashola by AZeD1(m): 4:57pm On Feb 27, 2013
tomakint:
You keep repeating "I" as if governance in Nigeria starts at your desk and ends there, if you don't need to be told what the states are doing then what happens to the millions out there who may not be as privileged as you? undecided
Geez do i spell everything out for you? I said i saw the Ibeshe road Fashola talked about which means the people who live around that area(those that it affects the most) don't need Maku to tell them what is happening in their back yard.
You talk about what happens to the millions out there who may not be as privileged as you? The so called people you talk about don't have light to watch the waste of funds you call GGT, I'm pretty sure the woman who sells "boli" at Igando is not interested in what Maku is doing in Ebonyi state so please tell me which less privileged people you are talking about because the ones i know, who are struggling every day to survive are not interested and Maku and co are pissing away funds that could be used to send enough children to school.

The common man does not care how many watts are generated, all he wants to see is light in his house. Providing amenities is the best GGT ever, anything short of that is waste of funds.

1 Like

Re: Good Governance Tour Ill-conceived – Fashola by EkoIle1: 4:58pm On Feb 27, 2013
Fhemmmy: I just would love to know how much it will cost the tax payers for the Tours

120 man scam tour = 120 government officials with nothing better to do will collect their regular salary and way more in estacode or duty tour allowance DTA including whatever they manage ro swindle from the state governors .

The DTA aka free taxpayer Money and largesse from the cooperating governors remains main reason for the scam tour. Somebody came up with another crooked and clever scheme to fleece the nigerian taxpayers.
Re: Good Governance Tour Ill-conceived – Fashola by freshdew: 5:00pm On Feb 27, 2013
tomakint: Fashola is coming out strong as a "Marketable Presidential Candidate" for APC, the question is still this, if Lagos can generate N30 billion monthly and the same Lagos is still like that? Then one can wonder what to expect if someone like Fashola (Tinubu's boy-boy) eventually make it to the Presidency! I am still watching cool
How exactly do think Lagos can look like right now?
Re: Good Governance Tour Ill-conceived – Fashola by seunajia: 5:01pm On Feb 27, 2013
Fhemmmy:

Lagos govt or the federal govt?

Innoson. The vehicle manufacturing company in the east, Nnewi I suppose. They have beautiful looking SUVs. I was wondering if they had a showroom in Lagos. They are doing great and deserve all the support they can get.

1 Like

Re: Good Governance Tour Ill-conceived – Fashola by tomakint: 5:04pm On Feb 27, 2013
freshdew: How exactly do think Lagos can look like right now?
Durban in South Africa cool
Re: Good Governance Tour Ill-conceived – Fashola by sharpman1(m): 5:07pm On Feb 27, 2013

It was abandoned because one of the landlords whose house will need to be demolished to pave way for the road has taken the Lagos State govt to court.
Re: Good Governance Tour Ill-conceived – Fashola by ANYPEN(m): 5:08pm On Feb 27, 2013
i see the good governance tour as duplication of duty. the senate and it's members have the inspection of federal govt. projects around the country as one of their primary duties and it is left for them inform the executive arm and nigerians of the outcome of these projects and be as whip to contractors who wants to mismanage govt. fund. we do not need someone in the name of a minister to go around the country singing the president's praises... it sounds more like a campaign to me.
this once again shows great weakness of the presence government

1 Like

Re: Good Governance Tour Ill-conceived – Fashola by kennyalao: 5:08pm On Feb 27, 2013
mikeansy:

Please provide evidence of where and when it was agreed between the FG and State Governments to engage in this good governance tour.

Please also provide the list of who attended the so called agreement meeting.

I dont do abuses I do facts!

A new template of defence has emerged for ACN. Anytime their hypocrisy, corruption etc are mentioned, the default answer is "provide evidence", "Can you proof it", etc.

1 Like

Re: Good Governance Tour Ill-conceived – Fashola by bleufaucon: 5:11pm On Feb 27, 2013
chizel: All this morons that are condemning the good gorvernance tour of the 36 states of the federation embarked upon by the federal govt are nothing but a bunch of hypocrit,and for fashola to condem it is unfortunate,I think its high time the people in the opposition more especially the Yorubas grow up,president of the federal republic of Nigeria has the right to know how any politically elected or appointed office holder in any part of Nigeria is performing irrespective of the party such a person belonged in,obasanjo did it and I didn't hear the Yorubas condemning it,if the federal govt has no right embarking on the project then fashola has no right embarking in all this media propaganda he has been doing,common street light of about 190 poles that was fixed in two streets of lagos,the media was there to show it to the world,what a shame.i think it's high time this people grow above petty politics.to the opposition,only the politicians elected in their platform is doing well,those from the ruling party are not performing,they will never see anything good from them,and am yet to see the magic that the opposition is performing in their various states,the other day in Abeokuta,we were

told of billions being spent on a small flyover bridge by the state govt,the media was there to cover it as if it was the first to be built in any part of Nigeria.

Very much on point! Shameless politicians who act like children. Ever seen a man pay his children's school fees and talk about it to his friends like he's done something outstanding when it's his responsibility to do so..governors do ur work,get paid and get out when ur time is done..

2 Likes

Re: Good Governance Tour Ill-conceived – Fashola by gabriel212: 5:13pm On Feb 27, 2013
taharqa: Come on keep that yr mouth SHUT there. I hate HYPOCRISM. Who told you that Maku is accessing State Govts and not inspecting Federal Govts; majority of d Projects seen are Federal projects. Moreova, dis tour was a joint unanimous decision by d Federal and State Govts (rep by d Govs forum); but sm Govs cos of need to scoring cheap political points are backing out at d middle of d programme they all agreed on. Imagine Fashola that almost ALWAYS engage on Media tour of his projects, and uses a lot of Media propaganda, now saying that 'Govts do not hv to go on tour to show their projects'. Imagine that!... Anyways, d Tour would go on; how wud I hv known of the very many oda tins d FG was doing in Edo State than I presentd on my recent thread here (how wud I hv known that d notorious Esan Waterworks that hv bn a terrible project since b4 independence, has bn virtuali completed).

Oga if Labaran Maku is to inspect d FG projects in any state He need no permission from any state Gov to do so (just as he need no permission to go to MMA1). But he had gotten it wrong from this by saying he wanted to INSPECT STATE GOV PROJECTS, LOCAL GOV N F GOV PROJECTS. are the State n Local gov reporting to his boss? LABARAN Talk careless he should had known his words( to inspect state n local gov projects ) wil trigger som govs to react, instead to had said he was going to inspect F Gov projects.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lagos Residents Lament Absence Of Infrastructure (Fashola's Projects Sinks) / Direct Primaries: INEC Rules Out Government Funding For Political Parties / Saidu: Buhari Should Support Tinubu As Reward For South West Votes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.